To remain exempt from major inspection, Central Florida theme parks must list all of their quarterly incidents and injuries with the state. This quarter’s report (October – December 2017) covers a total of 13 incidents/injuries: 9 belonging to Disney, 3 to Universal, and 1 to Busch Gardens. No injuries were reported for SeaWorld or Legoland. Only incidents or illnesses resulting in a hospital stay of 24 hours or more, as well as deaths, are reported.
Walt Disney World
- October 25th: male, 76 – Experienced headache and brief loss of consciousness on Pirates of the Caribbean, previously existing condition.
- November 3rd: Male, 55 – Chest pain after riding The Barnstormer.
- December 30th: Male, 66 – Experienced chest pain on the Haunted Mansion, previously existing condition.
- December 16th: Female, 65 – Tripped and fractured elbow at Journey Into Imagination With Figment.
- October 27th: Female, 77 – Fell while boarding Avatar Flight of Passage.
- November 4th: Female, 56 – Temporarily lost consciousness on Avatar Flight of Passage, previously existing condition.
- December 29th: Female, 70 – Experienced chest pain on Kilimanjaro Safari, previously existing condition.
- October 8th: Female, 71 – Felt ill while riding Rock n’ Roller Coaster, previously existing condition.
- November 21st: Female, 67 – Felt ill and dizzy after riding Star Tours.
- October 15th: Male, 42 – Chest pain during Halloween Horror Nights.
- November 22nd: Male, 59 – Fainting/head injury on Caro-Seuss-El
- December 27th: Male, 61 – Experienced altered mental status on Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey.
- Male, 49 – chest pain while riding Phoenix, previously existing condition.