To celebrate Cinco de Mayo, The Edison in Disney Springs, as well as Tortilla Jo’s and the UVA Bar in the Downtown Disney District, will be offering special foods, cocktails, and festivities for a limited time.
The Edison in Disney Springs will be offering guests the Diablo Burger, the Flor de Maravilla cocktail, and the Crooked Stave Von Pilsner.
The Diablo Burger is described as “an explosion of Latin flavor.” The 10-ounce burger is comprised of sirloin, short rib, and brisket topped with a fried egg, salsa, Cotija cheese, and jalapeños.
The Flor de Maravilla cocktail pairs well with The Diablo Burger. This cocktail is made with Meastro Dobel Resposado Tequila, Ancho Reyes Ancho Chili Liquor, Maestro Dobel Humito, Solerno Blood Orange, Campari, Passion Fruit Cordial, Blood Orange Juice on the rocks with a strawberry garnish and a cocoa chili rubbed rim.
The Edison will also be offering a Crooked Stave Von Pilsner. It isn’t really clear how this pilsner is related to Cinco de Mayo, as it is “a traditional European continental pilsner” brewed from German hops. Nevertheless, it is part of the specialty offerings for the holiday.
Over in Downtown Disney at the Disneyland Resort, Tortilla Jo’s and the UVA Bar will have their own limited-time offerings.
Tortilla Jo’s will have a special Cinco de Mayo a la carte menu in addition to a live mariachi band performing for guests. In addition to the live mariachi band, there will also be other live entertainment from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. From 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. guests can have their faces painted, or have a balloon animal made up by a balloon artist who will be walking around the restaurant. The special a la carte menu can be seen below:
- Aguachiles a la Zaragoza – Citrus Guajillo marinated Mexican shrimp, served with tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, cilantro and avocado
- Ensalada Poblana – Baby mixed green salad with sheered jicama, cucumbers, tomatoes, red onion, carrots, cilantro and tamarind vinaigrette
- Tacos a la batalla – 3 corn tortillas filled with braised lamb, onion, cilantro and salsa de arbol served with rice and beans
- Pescado Cinco de Mayo – Pan seared halibut filet served over rajas con crema, sautéed corn, tomatoes, house-made Mexican chorizo and mushrooms
- Camote en Dulce de Leche – Baked sweet potato served with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce
The UVA Bar & Café will also be celebrating the holiday with limited-time margaritas and specialty cocktails. The limited-time margaritas include strawberry, mango, watermelon, and raspberry. Below is the limited time UVA Bar & Café Cinco de Mayo menu and specialty cocktails:
- Torta de Hamburgesa – Signature Beef blend, Tellera bread, Guajillo sauce, refried pinto beans, avocado, shredded lettuce, queso fresco, pickled red onion, pickled jalapenos
- Mole Chicken Wings – Wings tossed in a Mole sauce, garnished with white sesame seeds, green onion, served with lime crema.
- Chips & Salsa – Corn tortilla chips served with tomato salsa
- Guajillo Shrimp Tostadas – Tostada shells, served with Guajillo and lime shrimp, corn and avocado salsa, topped with Lime crema
- Ancho Short Rib Tacos – Corn tortilla, Ancho Chile braised short ribs, house-made coleslaw, cilantro lime vinaigrette, pickled red onion
- Spicy Chocolate Martini – Patron xo café incendio, baileys, aztec chocolate bitters and whipped cream
- Perfect Patron Palmoa – Patron silver tequila, agave nectar, fresh pink grapefruit juice, lime juice
- Repo Old Fashioned – Patron reposado, agave nectar, orange, orange bitters and luxardo cherry
- Patron Tequila Taster – .75oz Silver, .75oz Reposado, .75oz Anejo
- Oskar Blues Beerito Mexican Lager – Light bodied, amber Mexican lager brewed with premium German and Colorado sourced craft malts, featuring a crisp accent from noble hops
- El Sully 21STAmendment Brewery – A crisp Mexican-style lager with light notes of spice from Northern Brewer hops