A press release published yesterday by Citizen has announced a new partnership with The Walt Disney Company which names the watchmaker as the official timepiece of both the Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort, as well as digital content on Marvel New Media’s creative space.
Vice president of Disney Corporate Alliances Carlos Castro was quoted in the release, saying,
“Disney is honored to align with Citizen, a stalwart brand that has stood the test of time. At Disney Parks, every minute is magic. So, it’s appropriate that our Guests will have access to one of the world’s greatest names in timepieces, as they celebrate their time together creating memories with friends and family.”
Along with the new title, the announcement also mentioned where park guests and convention goers will start to see more Citizen influence:
- Main Street U.S.A. clocks in both Magic Kingdom and Disneyland Park will begin bearing the Citizen logo.
- Select FastPass clocks will see the logo added for attractions in both resorts.
- Citizen will add timepieces with designs unique to Disney Parks.
- runDisney will now feature the Citizen logo on race clocks at the beginning and end of race events.
- Citizen has become an official sponsor of Disney Dreamers Academy.
- They are also a 2018 sponsor for Marvel New Media’s digital content, including Marvel Minute and other content on Marvel.com.
- They have been added as a red carpet sponsor for Marvel Studios’ upcoming Avengers: Infinity War feature film.
- Citizen will have “a significant branded presence” at this year’s San Diego Comic Con.
- Lastly, the company will sponsor the Disney on Classic concert series in Japan.
In the statement, Jeffrey Cohen, President of Citizen Watch America, said, “To engage with the legacy of the Disney Parks at such a vital time in their history, and Marvel with the blockbuster success of Marvel Studios’ ‘Black Panther’ and the much-awaited launch of Avengers: Infinity War, is a wonderful way to celebrate our 100-Year Anniversary.”
Source: PR Newswire
Image: Citizen Watch, The Walt Disney Company