Disney After Hours is a popular nighttime event for guests who enjoy experiencing Magic Kingdom Park after the sun goes down. Disney has announced that some of the Disney Villains are going to be adding “a wicked twist” to the Disney After Hours event nights from June 6 – August 8.
One of the things that makes this event so special is that it’s only open to a limited number of park guests each night. Much lower wait times are typically encountered at more than 20 attractions and experiences after the park closes to day guests. Classic attractions such as the Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Space Mountain, to newer favorites like Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, plus many more are open for enjoying. Those who purchase tickets to this event are permitted to enter the park as early as 7 p.m. providing time to enjoy fireworks before heading off to the attractions. Ice cream novelties, popcorn, and select bottled beverages are also included in the cost of admission.
Disney Villains After Hours will boast an entertaining villains theme, including exclusive entertainment, food & beverage, merchandise, and more.
Here’s a sneak peek of what new elements guests attending can expect:
- A Brand-New Disney Villains Stage Show – Hades and Meg from “Hercules” will set the castle stage ablaze in this all-new stage show, Villains Unite the Night, which will also feature appearances by Jafar, The Queen, Dr. Facilier and Maleficent.
- Spot Maleficent the Dragon – Maleficent the Dragon, with her Steampunk style and signature wicked grin, will be let loose for the first time at night – breathing fire as she creeps through the park as a one-of-a-kind experience for party guests.
- Villanous Enhancements – Discover surprising, villain-inspired additions at Pirates of the Caribbean and Space Mountain.
- Wickedly Good Food & Beverage – A variety of special food & beverage offerings will also be available for purchase, including tasty desserts, drinks, and dishes inspired by The Queen, Cruella de Vil, Maleficent, Hades, Dr. Facilier and even Emperor Zurg.
- Event Merchandise – Event attendees can also purchase new logo merchandise, as well as items from a curated collection of the best Disney Villains merchandise available.
- One Notorious Item to Note – Ever driven to stand out in their unpredictable and audacious fashion, while the Villains will be entertaining guests in the new stage show, they will not be participating in character greetings during the event.
Guests should feel free to show off their sinister sides by arriving in costumes inspired by their favorite villains.
Disney Villains After Hours tickets cost $139 plus tax in advance, $144 plus tax on the event night. This event is not able to be booked yet, but keep an eye out in the coming weeks for booking details.
Disney Villains After Hours will take place on the following nights this summer:
- Thursday, June 6, 2019
- Thursday, June 13, 2019
- Thursday, June 20, 2019
- Thursday, June 27, 2019
- Monday, July 1, 2019
- Thursday, July 11, 2019
- Thursday, July 18, 2019
- Thursday, July 25, 2019
- Thursday, August 1, 2019
- Thursday, August 8, 2019
Annual Passholder and Disney Vacation Club Members can take advantage of a $30 discount and purchase tickets for $109. Tickets for these specific Disney Villains After Hours event nights will go on sale April 29.
Share your experience on social media during the event and be sure to use #VillainsAfterHours.
Source: Disney Parks Blog