UPDATE (4/4/19): When we originally reported on this festive event after discovering it on the Walt Disney World website, there were open times on all three available dates. Later that day, there was no availability whatsoever on any of those dates which lead us to believe that the event had sold out completely.
This event was announced officially on the Disney Parks Blog late this afternoon and can now be booked by calling (407) 939-6983 as online booking for this event is reportedly under maintenance. Space is limited, so be sure to reserve your family’s spot before it’s too late!
Sheriff Woody and his Toy Story pals are heading to Disney’s Contemporary Resort to put on a shindig that will feature games, crafts, and barbeque goodness.
The holiday weekend celebration will be offered nightly July 4 through 6 from 6:15 p.m. – 9:15 p.m. and the scene will be set as a “larger-than-life recreation playset of Woody’s Roundup—a rustic, wild western town.”
Woody, Jessie, Bullseye, and Buzz Lightyear will be on-hand and guests can sing and dance as Mr. Microphone plays some of Woody’s favorite tunes. Sarge will be greeting guests as they arrive as well as making sure they’re in “tip top toy shape and ready for playtime.”
Playtime activities will include:
- Trick Roping Demonstration
- Camp-style Carnival Games
- Toy Story Craft Station
A balloon artist will be roaming around and creating favorite Toy Story toys.
Guests will experience the following fireworks shows from the Porte Cochére which provides a spectacular view. Each show begins at approximately 9:15 PM:
- July 4: Disney’s Celebrate America!—A Fourth of July Concert in the Sky
- July 5 and 6: Happily Ever After
Below is the menu for each evening of the party:
- Grilled Boneless Chicken Breasts and Thighs with Roasted Peach Coulis
- Fire-roasted Vegetable Cake served with a Chipotle Succotash
- Low and Slow Smoked Pork Ribs
- Barbecue Beef Brisket Carved
- Fresh Cornbread and Honey Butter
- Mixed Greens with Balsamic Vinaigrette and Roasted Pepper Ranch Dressing
- Sweet Cream Cole Slaw
- Southern-style Potato Salad
- Grilled Seasonal Vegetables with a splash of Smoked Olive Oil
- Vegetarian Campfire Chili
- Salted Caramel Cookie Bars
- Assorted Sliced Fresh Melon
- Red, White and Blue Push Pops
- Cherry-Pie Shots
- Garden Salad with Ranch Dressing
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches
- Butter Corn Kernels
- Steamed Hot Dogs
- Creamy Mickey Roni & Cheese
- Chicken Fingers with BBQ Sauce & Honey Mustard
- Potato Barrels
- Assorted Cookies and Brownies
Juices, milk and an assortment of libations—including premium adult beverage options for guests 21 years of age and older.
The event will be held in the Fantasia Ballroom at Disney’s Contemporary Resort. The price is $149 for ages 10 and up; $99 for ages 3-9 – tax and gratuity are included. Disney Dining Plan entitlements may not be redeemed for this event. Discounts and promotions are not available. Reservations can be made now on Disney’s site.
Tables for this event will be assigned and multiple parties will be seated together. If you are attending with another party and would like to sit together, it’s important to include that information in your reservation.
Source: Disney Parks Blog
Senior Editor for the DIS and DCL Fan | Disney Vacation Club Member | Thrilled to have been a '13/'14 Disney Parks Moms Panelist (now planDisney) | Lover of all things Disney; the Magic of Disneyland, Walt Disney World, and Disney Cruise Line | ºoº