As it prepares to set sail for it’s 23rd year, it’s a small world holiday at Disneyland Park will be getting some upgrades in the form of three new scents.
The seasonal overlay that highlights holiday traditions from around the world will now feature a cherry blossom fragrance in Asia, classic cinnamon in South America, and the smell of tropical coconuts in the South Seas. Guests already enjoy the fresh pine and peppermint candy aromas in Europe.
it’s a small world holiday returns November 8th and typically continues beyond the January 6th official end of the holiday season.
More Fun Facts
- Over 50,000 lights are used on the facade, plus another 350,000 mini lights in the trees, hedges and topiaries
- 150 giant candles adorn the Christmas tree and surrounding area in the European scene
- The glimmering snowman in the finale is over 14-feet tall and sits on a 10-foot-wide snowflake
- It takes 18 days to change the interior of the attraction and 35 days to decorate the facade
- Fans of the Play Disney Parks mobile app will have the opportunity to earn a limited-time digital achievement for Small World Holiday.
Tom is the host and producer of the DIS Unplugged: Disneyland Edition podcast, plus Disneyland Editor of The DIS. He enjoys traveling with his wife and teenage son. At this point, their favorite destination is Alaska, with a FIFTH cruise there planned for the Summer of 2019. In his spare time he volunteers with Boy Scouts and Cub Scouts, and help found his son's former Cub Scout Pack. His favorite Disneyland attraction is Space Mountain.