If you’ve been dying to watch Han Solo make the Kessel Run at home then we have great news for you. Solo: A Star Wars Story will be coming home on Blu-ray and 4K UHD on September 25 and digitally on September 14!
Solo explores the further adventures of Han Solo (Alden Ehrenreich), including his very first encounters with Chewbacca (Joonas Suotamo) and Lando Calrissian (Donald Glover), and also his past as a street thief with Qi’ra (Emilia Clarke) and his ventures into becoming a full-time criminal with Beckett (Woody Harrelson). The movie was directed by Ron Howard, and while it didn’t quite feel like an authentic Star Wars film, it was a ton of fun and worth checking out. Take a look at our in-depth review from the theatrical release of Solo: A Star Wars Story!
This release will be presented in a couple different formats, including the 4K UHD Ultimate Collector’s Edition with Blu-ray 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and Digital Copy, the Multiscreen Edition with Blu-ray and Digital Copy, DVD, On-Demand and digitally. Bonus content varies from your typical deleted scenes and roundtable discussions to a look at how the Millennium Falcon will be brought to life inside Disney Parks! Take a look at the full list of bonus content below:
- Solo: The Director & Cast Roundtable – Sit down with director Ron Howard and the stars for an intimate and entertaining discussion of the film’s making.
- Team Chewie – See what it takes to bring your favorite Wookiee to life in this lighthearted look behind the scenes.
- Kasdan on Kasdan – Iconic Star Wars screenwriter Lawrence Kasdan and son Jonathan share what it was like to write the movie’s script together.
- Remaking the Millennium Falcon – Track the transformation of the most famous ship in the galaxy, from Lando’s swank and impeccable pride and joy to Han’s stripped-down hot-rod freighter with “special modifications.”
- Escape from Corellia – Get behind the wheel for the making of this high-octane chase through the streets of Corellia.
- The Train Heist – Explore the challenges and thrills of creating this action-packed sequence, including its remote location and spectacular effects.
- Becoming a Droid: L3-37 – Meet the newest droid—and the talented actor who helps bring her to life.
- Scoundrels, Droids, Creatures and Cards: Welcome to Fort Ypso – Take an in-depth tour of the rough-and-tumble bar where strangers mix and gamblers risk all in the legendary card game, Sabaac.
- Into the Maelstrom: The Kessel Run – Join Han and Chewie at the controls of the Millennium Falcon to see how this legendary moment in Star Wars history unfolds.
- Deleted Scenes
- Proxima’s Den
- Corellian Foot Chase
- Han Solo: Imperial Cadet
- The Battle of Mimban: Extended
- Han Versus Chewie: Extended
- Snowball Fight!
- Meet Dryden: Extended
- Coaxium Double-Cross
- The Millennium Falcon: From Page to Park – An exclusive look at the history of the most famous ship in the galaxy, its origin and development, and how it will translate in one of the most anticipated expansions in Disneyland’s history.
Solo: A Star Wars Story is one release you won’t want to miss, because the movie is just plain fun and it looks like there will be a ton of interesting bonus material. Pick Solo up digitally in HD and 4K Ultra HD and on Movies Anywhere on September 14 or on Blu-ray 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, DVD and On-Demand on September 25!