There is no place like visiting a Disney theme park during the holiday season. It’s so magical with all of the festive décor everywhere you look. The holiday party at Magic Kingdom is one way to really plus up your vacation. The “Disney Very Merriest After Hours” event takes the place of Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party this year and will be held on 24 select nights from November 8th through December 21st from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m.
Event dates are as follows:
November: 8, 9, 11, 12, 14, 16, 18, 19, 21, 23, 28, 30
December: 2, 3, 5, 7, 9, 10, 12, 14, 16, 17, 19, 21
As we previously reported, the nighttime spectacular “Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks” will return in 2021 and Disney has just announced that the special holiday-themed parade – “Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade” – will be making a comeback! This is the first parade guests can look forward to at Magic Kingdom since March of 2020!
Like most hard-ticketed events, tickets for the 4-hour “Disney Very Merriest After Hours” will grant admission to Magic Kingdom as early as 7 p.m.
The Disney Parks Blog has given us the highlights below:
- Holiday attraction overlays are also making a comeback! The Jungle Cruise transforms into the Jingle Cruise, and Monster’s Inc Laugh Floor will get new jokes perfect for this joyful season.
- After the park closes to day guests, enjoy less time waiting in line for more than 20 attractions including favorites like Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, The Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Dumbo the Flying Elephant, Peter Pan’s Flight, Space Mountain and more.
- Sightings of Disney characters throughout the park all dressed in their holiday best.
- While you are walking down Main Street, U.S.A. be sure to look up to the sky, you might catch some magical snowfall!
- Dance and boogie the night away at themed Club Tinsel dance party in Tomorrowland.
- Enjoy complimentary snacks like ice cream novelties and popcorn, seasonal treats and select bottled beverages.
- Specialty holiday food and drinks will also be available for purchase.
- Disney PhotoPass will offer holiday magic shots throughout the night.
Tickets will go on sale Aug. 20 and can be purchased online or by calling (407) 939-7947. Guests of select Disney Resort hotels, Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotels, as well as Shades of Green at Walt Disney World Resort can book their tickets as early as August 17. Tickets range from $169 to $229 plus tax for select November-December nights and $249, plus tax on December 19 & 21. Annual Passholders and Disney Vacation Club Members can take advantage of a $10 discount on select event dates in November. These dated event tickets do not require an additional day theme park ticket or Disney Park Pass theme park reservation.