The debut of “Harmonious,” EPCOT’s new nighttime fireworks spectacular, is just around the corner, and Disney has released tons of details along with a video that takes a closer look at the creative process that guided the development of the musical score.
Listed below are some of the exciting details surrounding the music of the show as well as some of the musicians that will become part of this spectacular performance.
- The soundtrack for “Harmonious” was produced remotely through more than 100 separate recording sessions in nine different countries and five states.
- Nearly 240 musicians, artists, composers, arrangers, cultural consultants, and vocalists contributed to the show’s unique and wholly authentic sound.
- “Harmonious” opens with an inspiring medley of “How Far I’ll Go” from Moana and “Go the Distance” from Hercules, performed by “American Idol” finalist and three-time Grammy nominee Danny Gokey and vocalists Elisha Garrett and Ninet Tayeb. The show builds to a finale that unites everyone around World Showcase and from around the world, as many of the musical artists come together to perform a poignant and powerful song, bringing “Harmonious” to an emotional close.
- “Harmonious” will take guests on a journey through new interpretations of familiar Disney songs, performed in more than a dozen languages by a cast of talented singers from around the world.
- Puerto Rican artist Luis Fonsi will join Mexican singer-songwriter Joy for a rousing, pan-Latin version of songs from Coco and Saludos Amigos.
- A fresh and vibrant arrangement of “Dig a Little Deeper” from The Princess and the Frog features vocalist Bryson Camper and legendary Gospel artists Karen Clark Sheard and Kierra Sheard.
- Musical selections from Mulan, The Jungle Book, and Aladdin are highlighted by the vocal talents of Wang Liuqi, Hollie Hammel, Aditya Rao, Gaayatri Kaundinya, Jorgie Shkara, and Sanaa Marahati.
- The Ndlovu Youth Choir from Johannesburg contributes a medley of favorites from The Lion King, performed in English and Zulu.
- The show will also include a duet featuring French pop singer Damien Sargue belting “Out There” from Disney’s The Hunchback of Notre Dame.
- The music of Disney and Pixar’s Brave gets a Celtic kick from the dueling violins of Grammy and Emmy-nominated violinist Máiréad Nesbitt and platinum-selling electronic artist, violinist, and multi-talented entertainer Lindsey Stirling.
- Throughout the soundtrack, there’s also a musical motif in the form of the soaring melody of composer Pinar Toprak’s new EPCOT anthem, and all these diverse pieces of music are artfully woven together by arranger Mark Hammond and Walt Disney Imagineering Senior Music Producer and Creative Director Yaron Spiwak.
“Harmonious,” one of the largest nighttime spectaculars ever created for a Disney theme park and a key milestone in the transformation of EPCOT, is set to open October 1st as part of the celebration of Walt Disney World Resort’s 50th anniversary.
Below is the video courtesy of the Disney Parks Blog. As it is focused on some of the show’s behind-the-scenes work, is a must-watch.
In case you missed our post last month, take a look as Disney shared the first behind-the-scenes look at the actual fireworks coming to “Harmonious.”