Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge promises to be not only one of the most immersive Disney Parks expansions it will also be the largest ever at a whopping 14-acres. For context, the rest of Disneyland park, not including Galaxy’s Edge, is a combined is 85 acres. Guests will be transported to Black Spire Outpost on the planet of Batuu.
Millenium Falcon: Smugglers Run will be one of the two attractions and the only ride that will be ready for the new land’s opening day. Guests will be on a mission, helping Weequay pirate Hondo Ohnaka, and to complete that mission that must pilot the Millenium Falcon.
One of the iconic location’s guests will visit is the Millenium Falcon lounge, which might be the most recognized sections of the ship outside of the cockpit. The lounge features the iconic Dejarik game board.
Of course, when piloting the Millenium Falcon guests will enter the cockpit, and up to six guests will be assigned one of three roles.
Rise of the Resistance won’t be ready for the opening of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, but we do know it will be opening later this year. Details are Rise of the Resistance are fairly limited at this time, but when more details become available, we will share them as soon as possible.
On Batuu guests will see an X-wing Starfighter in person. The well-known Resistance/Rebel plane will be located at the Resistance Mobile Command Post. This will likely be a great family photo opportunity.
In the Marketplace, guests will have the opportunity to find unique merchandise from several small merchant shops and stalls. Disney is hoping the lively marketplace will be an authentic and immersive experience rather just a simple gift shop. Shopping locations include:
- The Droid Depot – Here guests can build a customized-droid
- Savi’s Workshop – Here you can build your own lightsaber; Dok-Ondar’s Den of Antiquities, where you’ll find rare Jedi and Sith artifacts;
- Creature Stall – Here you’ll find Star Wars creature inspired plushes and toys
- Toydarian Toymaker – Here guests can find artisan-style plus characters, wood and tin toys, and instruments.
- Resistance Supply – Want to blend in with the Resistance? This is where you can buy merchandise similar to the clothing they wear.
- First Order Cargo – If you’d rather dress like the First Order then stop by First Order Cargo
There is a range of dining options on Batuu. You’ll find Oga’s Cantina, which serves alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. This will be the first public location in Disneyland Park that regular guests will be able to purchase alcohol. If you are hungry stop by Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo which will have “items like Braised Shaak Roast, Fried Endorian Tip-Yip, Feuclian Garden Spread, and Smoked Kaadu Ribs.” If you like barbeque then you’ll want to stop by Ronto Roasters, which will serve “Meiloorun Juice, Turkey Jerky, and a Ronto Wrap, which is filled with grilled sausage and roasted pork.” Blue and green milk will be available for purchase at the Milk Stand. Lastly, a sweet-savory-spicy popcorn snack will also be available at Kat Saka’s Kettle.