While Tangaroa Terrace at the Disneyland Hotel is being re-imagined, a temporary menu has been put in place at Trader Sam’s. Initially, it was assumed that the menu would be expanded to make up for the closure of Tangaroa Terrace, but that is not the case.
Trader Sam’s and Tangaroa Terrace shared a kitchen and it appears that the kitchen is being redesigned as well, because the bar’s food is now being prepared in one of the underground kitchens of the Disneyland Hotel.
With nothing being prepared onsite, many favorite items are gone from the menu, including the panko-crusted long beans, shrimp tacos, and pu pu platter.
The new menu includes:
- Kalua-style Pork Sandwich | Pulled pork, with Asian slaw, BBQ hoisin sauce, and chips or fruit – $12.00
- Island-style Hot Dog | A ground pork and pineapple sauce in a pretzel roll, topped with whole-grain mustard, onion sauce, pickled carrots and daikon, and Fresno chiles, served with fries or fruit – $12.00
- Poke and Noodles with Tuna or Tofu | Cucumber, edamame, green onion, soba noodles, and tuna poke or marinated tofu – $13.00/$11.00
- Hawaiian Nachos | Tortilla chips, kalua-style pulled pork, hoisin sauce, pineapple salsa, and Togarashi aioli – $11.00
- Spicy Asian Wings | Asian honey glaze, sesame seeds, and Togarashi aioli
- BBQ Pork Bao | Three pork belly steamed buns, pickled cucumber and BBQ hoisin sauce – $12.00
For the kids, chicken nuggets [$7.50] and the kid’s power pack [$6.00] are available.
It’s unclear how long the temporary menu will be in place, but Tangaroa Terrace isn’t scheduled to reopen until mid-January.
Tom is the host and producer of the DIS Unplugged: Disneyland Edition podcast, plus Disneyland Editor of The DIS. He enjoys traveling with his wife and teenage son. At this point, their favorite destination is Alaska, with a FIFTH cruise there planned for the Summer of 2019. In his spare time he volunteers with Boy Scouts and Cub Scouts, and help found his son's former Cub Scout Pack. His favorite Disneyland attraction is Space Mountain.