Walt Disney World news

Disney's Grand Floridian Resort treated for mold

Leah Zanolla | Posted: Mar 4, 2008 | Updated: Oct 19, 2014 - 9:25:27 AM
Beneath Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa grandeur was a growing mold problem.

The issue came to light when guests detected a musty odor when checking into their pricey room. They found the telltale black powdery residue of mold and relocated to a different resort.

The mold was found behind the Grand Floridian's wallpaper and had spread in the hallways and guest rooms. While often harmless, mold can trigger reactions among those with asthma, immunity or lung problems. Certain molds can be toxic.

Upon discovering the mold, Disney hired a water damage restoration company to remove it. According to Joan Manangu, of the Walt Disney World Resort "The mold issues have been remedied."

Discrepancies or Corrections? Please let us know.