From September 20th to the 23rd at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex, there is an Annual Passholder Merchandise event. This event takes place from 10 am to 7 pm each day. To experience this event, you must join a virtual queue on the My Disney Experience app. Once your number is called, you have 2 hours to get there.
Here is what Disney released about the event regarding the merchandise and what you can find.
- Early access to purchase new trading pins and Pandora charms, including:
- EPCOT Reimagined Pandora Charm
- Journey to Imagination with Figment Pandora Charm
- Minnie Mouse Bride Pandora Charm
- Grogu Rose Gold Pandora Charm
- Access to a special Pandora charm just for Walt Disney World Resort Annual Passholders
- 60% off select merchandise—including select apparel, 50th Anniversary merchandise, Loungefly items, and Dooney & Bourke fashions
- Photo opportunities to commemorate this occasion
- Special food & beverage offerings available for purchase
The Full Experience
When I arrived, they scanned a QR code that the My Disney Experience app gave me and asked for my ID. Once I walked into the massive room, a cast member was handing out shopping bags, and they also let me know that when you are ready to pay, you have to use the mobile checkout feature in the app.
The shopping event took place in the Advent Health Arena, which is enormous and looks like the area they use for dance competitions and basketball games. I did get a bit overwhelmed with how many people were packed in there and how big it was, but once I got used to it, I was fine.
There was a sea of boxes, and it was hard to decide where to start. I didn’t really make a plan of action; I just wandered around aimlessly. I did find a few great finds that I just had to buy. While I was shopping, the DJ made an announcement saying that on the next day and the day after, new merchandise would be added to the floor, so of course, I’ll be returning.
The mobile checkout experience was pretty seamless. Once you go through the steps to pay, they guide you to another room where cast members scan the QR code and count all your items. After that, there’s another table with free goodies, which I thought was nice. The free stuff included 50th-anniversary cups and reusable bags. I know that might not seem glamorous, but there’s no such thing as too many reusable bags.
Photos of the Event
Mr. Toad Popcorn Bucket $5
Moana Dooney & Bourke $107
Hi, I'm Erica, and I write about all things Disney. Before working for The DIS, I was a theme park performer at SeaWorld, but I also performed at Disney. I have such an immense love for theme parks to the point I studied them in college.