The My Disney Experience app is constantly being updated and filled with new features from the incredible Disney tech team. – Shout out to the talented crew that makes our life so much easier in the parks! – And there is one feature in there that I came across during the week, which has somehow snuck in without my knowing about it. Admittedly, I have no idea how long this feature has been active, but I thought it might be seeing if some of our DIS community knew it was there. It’s a car locator tool that can mark your parking details so you can easily find your vehicle when you are finished after a long day.
Here are all the details from Disney to help you make use of this awesome tool if you aren’t a pro when it comes to remembering where you’ve parked:
- Is a complimentary feature that uses Location Services to find and save your parking details
- Also allows you to manually enter your vehicle information without Location Services enabled
- Is available at select parking locations at Walt Disney World Resort
- Functions best when you enable Location Services, Bluetooth technology, and Notifications on your mobile device
How to Use Car Locator – 3 Easy Steps
- After parking your vehicle, open the My Disney Experience app and tap the car locator card on your home screen—or you can also use the feature menu (☰) for access.
- Follow the prompts to manually enter your parking information. If you enable Location Services on your device, car locator can help fill in details for you.
- When you’re ready to leave, return to car locator for your parking information. If you’ve enabled notifications, we’ll even remind you!
Where Does Car Locator Help You?
Car locator is available at the following select parking locations:
- Magic Kingdom Park
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park
- Disney’s Blizzard Beach water park
- Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon water park
- Disney Springs
- ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex
Zoë Wood is a travel writer from Sydney, Australia. Since her first visit to Disneyland at the age of 6, she has spent her years frequently visiting Disney Parks and traveling around the world.
Join Zoë as she lets you in on all the tips, tricks, anecdotes, and embarrassments that arise from her family adventures.