Be Our Guest restaurant in Magic Kingdom has quickly become one of the most popular restaurants on Disney property. It is the one restaurant that people actually do attempt to make dining reservations for 180 days out from their upcoming vacation. So is it actually worth the hype that it is generating? Is it really necessary to make a reservation so far out and if you plan on going, what time of the day should you try?It is worth the Hype... I would actually say Yes to this! Here is why:
- Based on my dining experiences I have found the food to be of a very high standard. We have dined once at lunch and twice at dinner and all times we have enjoyed wonderful meals. In fact on our last visit I would even say it was better than the quality of the food at a signature restaurant that we dined at! But that's another story...
- However, Be our Guest is more than just a restaurant that serves decent food, it is an experience. The details in the building inside and out are amazing. In the Grand Ballroom look up at the murals in the ceiling, look through the windows at the snow falling. The atmosphere is also incredible. You really are transported to the Beast's Castle and isn't that why we are in Magic Kingdom - to experience a fantasy world like no other!
- Are you a large party?
- Are you tied to a certain date or a specific time?
- Do you have your heart set on dining in this restaurant?
Well if you answer yes to any of those questions then I would advise you to consider booking early to guarantee you get what you want. However that being said, in all the times I have dined here I have actually always got the reservations much nearer the time of my vacation. It does help if you are a smaller party and are reasonably flexible with your dates but it is definitely possible to get a reservation nearer the time. Despite it being a quick service location for breakfast and lunch, it still accepts dining reservations. Due to the popularity of the restaurant it is recommended you get a reservation.So which mealtime do you pick - Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner? Breakfast:
- It is quick service location for breakfast so this will be the least expensive meal. A good cost effective option if you are on a budget but still want to experience the atmosphere of the restaurant.
- If using the Dining Plan it only uses a quick service credit for breakfast so a good use of your dining plan credits.
- You can select your menu choice before arriving at the restaurant via the My Disney Experience app. When you arrive simply find a table and your food finds you!
- If you have an early breakfast reservation before the park opens you will be able experience Main Street USA in a unique way - quiet with little or no crowds, and with the opportunity to get that perfect magical shot in front of the castle.
- Depending on when you expect to be finished with your breakfast you may be able to time your exit just as the park is opening, putting you in the centre of the park ready to experience your favourite attractions before the lines build up.
- Similar to Breakfast, it is also a quick service location for lunch, and again this means that your meal will still be less expensive than dinner when it turns to a table service restaurant.
- If using the Dining Plan it only uses a quick service credit for lunch so a good use of your Dining Plan credits.
- You can select your menu choice before arriving at the restaurant via the My Disney Experience app. When you arrive simply find your table and your food finds you!
- It is a really nice restaurant to stop for lunch and break up the day. It is unique in that this is the only quick service location that accepts dining reservations so it is lovely to have your lunch already planned in.
- It changes to a Table service restaurant for dinner and the price of the meal will reflect this and it will also use a table service credit if you are on the Dining Plan.
- It is by far the best time to dine if you are wanting to fully experience this restaurant for all it has to offer. It becomes a much more immersive experience - you really feel like you are dining in the Beast's Castle and you are truly treated as their Guest.
- You have the opportunity to get your photo taken with the Beast in his library as you leave the restaurant. If you have purchased Memory Maker this would be included in that package. The Beast is only there for dinner and not breakfast or lunch.
- The menu will be different at dinner from lunch and will be more dinner style items.
- Some feel the standard of the food is better at dinner. I have dined both at lunch and dinner and I always found the food great at both but the presentation of the food is probably going to be better at dinner.
All in all I think this restaurant is fabulous and is worth taking the time out to have this dining experience. I still prefer dining here for dinner simply to experience the atmosphere in a more relaxed setting. You perhaps will also have more time to fully appreciate the restaurant and its décor and attention to detail. I have found that when we have gone back in for dinner after perhaps having a break in the afternoon you are much more relaxed and ready to enjoy your evening as opposed to breakfast or lunch when you might have a tendency to rush your meal, eagerly wanting to get back out to make your next FastPass time. However that being said, if you are unable to get a dinner reservation or budget dictates it can only be breakfast or lunch I suggest you definitely still go.