We have finally made it to October, so it is time to start talking about the holidays at Walt Disney World. Let’s see what each park will be doing to celebrate the winter holiday season.
- Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party – A beloved holiday event is returning in 2022! Join Mickey for a festive celebration with live entertainment, spectacular fireworks, an oh-so-jolly parade, and more—select nights in November and December. Separate admission is required for this special event.
- Castle Projections – Watch in awe as Cinderella Castle is transformed with cheerful holiday projections. Which rotate with the Beacon of Magic projections (presented on nights when Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party is not offered).
- Seasonal Décor – Explore holly, jolly trimmings, and theming throughout Main Street, U.S.A.
- Limited-Time Treats – Indulge in holiday-inspired food and beverages available for purchase at select locations.
As you can see, we will enter another holiday season without the Dreamlights on Cinderella Castle. This makes me sad because that’s my favorite part of Magic Kingdoms holiday celebration.
- EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays presented by AdventHealth – Beginning November 25, 2022, surround yourself with seasonal sights, sounds and flavors during a beloved extravaganza boasting themed Holiday Kitchens and a scrumptious Holiday Cookie Stroll.
- Candlelight Processional – Hear the stirring story of Christmas presented by a celebrity narrator, accompanied by an orchestra and massed choir—nightly from November 25 to December 30.
- Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Overlay – This season, the Guardians are trading in their classic hits playlist for a mash-up of seasonal jams at Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind. Blast off to the tune of an awesome holiday single, bringing joy to Xandar and Terra, too.
- More Holiday Entertainment – Behold heartwarming performances around World Showcase, including Canadian Holiday Voyageurs, Las Posadas with Mariachi Cobre, the Chinese Lion Dance, and holiday storytellers.
The holidays at EPCOT are the best out of the four parks, in my opinion, because they showcase how each culture celebrates its holidays. The food for the Festival of the Holidays is always top tier; it’s my favorite festival.
- Sunset Seasons Greetings – Gaze in wonder as the Hollywood Tower Hotel is transformed nightly by holiday projections, alternating with the Beacon of Magic.
- Minnie’s Holiday Dine at Hollywood & Vine – Don’t miss Minnie’s merry mealtime at this popular restaurant. Reservations are strongly recommended.
- Santa Claus Motorcade – Catch the Santa Claus Merry Motorcade, where old St. Nick will travel up Hollywood Blvd. in his candy-apple red convertible, packed with a sack of presents!
- For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration – Look forward to an unforgettable holiday finale featuring everyone’s favorite snowman, Olaf.
- Dazzling Holiday Décor – Discover seasonal style at every turn—including special holiday touches in Toy Story Land.
Are you looking for the best Christmas decorations at Walt Disney World? Hollywood Studios is where you will find them. Especially Gertie wearing a little Santa hat; it’s the cutest decoration at WDW.
- Merry Menagerie – Delight in winter wonders as Discovery Island springs to life with artisan-sculpted puppets of arctic animals—like penguins, reindeer, foxes, and polar bears.
- Santa Claus Festive Flotilla – See Santa Claus as he sails down the Discovery River to a jolly, world-beat holiday soundtrack.
- Discovery Island Drummers Festive Flotilla – Feel the beat as a colorful group of percussionists cruise along the Discovery River, entertaining Guests like you on the shore.
- Tree of Life Awakenings – Holiday Edition, where our beloved tree shimmers and sparkles each evening, accompanied by a heartwarming musical score.
Animal Kingdom also has holiday-themed decor throughout the park, so keep an eye out for that. The Merry Menagerie is a creative and beautiful holiday experience you can’t get in any other park.
- Special Entertainment – Meet Santa and enjoy festive holiday tunes with live musical performances and DJs. Plus, encounter Toy Soldier Stilt Walkers and Snowflake Skaters.
- Disney Springs Christmas Tree Stroll presented by AdventHealth – Discover Christmas around every corner as you come across a collection of elaborately decorated Disney Christmas trees throughout the neighborhoods of Disney Springs.
- Let It Snow! – Flurries are in the forecast for Disney Springs Town Center. In the evenings, delight in a magical snowfall, adding an extra touch of wonder to your holiday shopping.
- Jock Lindsey’s Holiday Bar – Decked out for the season, this restaurant-meets-lounge offers a fun holiday take on its menu, eye-catching décor, and more.
At Disney Springs, my favorite offering is the Christmas Tree Stroll. I have done this every year for my birthday since it started because it’s just so fun to see all the trees. The trees continue to amaze me each year with how much effort and detail is put into them.
What is your favorite holiday offering at Walt Disney World? Let us know in the comments.
Hi, I'm Erica, and I write about all things Disney. Before working for The DIS, I was a theme park performer at SeaWorld, but I also performed at Disney. I have such an immense love for theme parks to the point I studied them in college.