You have finally arrived in THE MAGIC KINGDOM! Now what do you do? Well for many, myself included, you will have the tendency to race up through Main Street U.S.A in an attempt to get on your first ride or attraction. After all, isn't that why you are here? To go on as many rides as possible? Or is it? Well, for the first time, on our last vacation I decided it was time to slow down (just a bit) and really try to take in the atmosphere of Main Street and experience all it has to offer. I never realized before how much I had missed by walking on by. So here are a few suggestions for you if you would like to stop and experience more of Main Street USA.
- The Main Street Trolley Show. The citizens of Main Street USA welcome you to The Magic Kingdom in this singing and dancing performance.
- The Main Street Philharmonic plays tunes from classic Disney films down Main Street.
- The Dapper Dans are a barbershop quartet that sings soulful American a capella and Disney tunes. They also chime, tap dance and humour the passing crowds.
- Citizens of Main Street dressed in 19th century costumes interact with guests.
- Watch The Festival of Fantasy Parade as it goes down Main Street.
- Main Street Confectionery - an old fashioned candy store. (Well you are on vacation - treat yourself!)
- Uptown Jewelers - Contains fine jewelry and Disney Charms by PANDORA as well as handbags, watches, Disney figurines and artist sketches.
- The Emporium - The largest gift and souvenir shop in the Magic Kingdom where you will find plush toys, pins, candy and many other souvenirs.
- Crystal Arts - Gift shop offering jewelry, crystal, glass, china, art and collectibles. Crystal arts also features daily glass blowing demonstrations.
- The Chapeau - Buy your Mickey ears here.
Disney Clothiers - Sells character merchandise including character clothing, and accessories.
- Meet Mickey Mouse and Tinkerbell at The Town Square Theatre.
- Meet other Disney characters throughout the day at the Town Square.
- Get a seat in front of Casey's Corner or The Plaza and watch the world go by.
- Enjoy an ice-cream sundae from the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor, or a specialty coffee from the Main Street Bakery.
- Make dining reservations at the table service restaurants on Main Street - Tony's Town Square Restaurant, The Plaza or The Crystal Palace.
So the next time you are in Magic Kingdom, why not take some time to really enjoy what this wonderful Main Street has to offer. You will be amazed at how much time you could spend without actually going anywhere else in the park!