Something magical is about to happen. A newly redesigned Walt Disney World specialty license plate is rolling out this week to help grant wishes for Make-A-Wish children and their families.
“Disney is our largest wish granter in the world, and they know just how important it is to create joy and hope for children and families who need it most,”Anne Cuba, President & CEO, Make-A-Wish Central and Northern Florida.
“This new license plate is the latest way we are making big impacts for wish families in Florida, and I can’t wait to see it hit the roads soon as even more Florida drivers join us in making wishes come true.”
Disney first introduced the branded number plate during the 50th Anniversary celebration, and the most recent milestone celebrated $2 million raised on behalf of Make-A-Wish through license plate sales. Isn’t that incredible? Add a little pixie dust to your ride and make a huge difference for Make-A-Wish in Central and Northern Florida. Sounds like a win/win to me! Let’s take a look at how you get get a hold of one of the new designs:
How to purchase the Walt Disney World Florida specialty license plate for yourself
Registered car owners in the state of Florida:
- Visit www.flhsmv.gov to find the location of your nearest County Tax Collector’s Office in-person office or Florida license plate agency (DMV)
- Make an appointment for tag renewal or registration
- During your scheduled appointment, purchase an available Walt Disney World Florida specialty license plate
New Florida residents registering a car for the first time:
- Visit www.flhsmv.gov
- Click the “Motor Vehicles, Tags & Titles” drop-down menu and select “License Plates & Registration”
- From the License Plates & Registration page, navigate to the Motor Vehicle Registrations page for detailed information about how to apply for a license plate and registration
To personalize your Walt Disney World Florida specialty license plate:
- Check the availability of your desired configuration using the Personalized License Plate Inquiry service
- Print and complete an Application for Personalized License Plate
- Visit a motor vehicle service center in Florida in person with your completed application to order your personalized Walt Disney World Florida specialty license plate
- Receive your personalized Walt Disney World Florida specialty license plate in the mail
How to purchase the Walt Disney World Florida specialty license plate for others
Did you know you can also make a little magic for a loved one by purchasing a specialty license plate gift certificate for a motor vehicle registrant? Gift certificates for specialty license plates are available through local State of Florida DMVs or County Tax Collector’s Offices.
Once you’ve purchased your gift certificate, you’ll be given a receipt and a credit will be issued in the name of the person you are gifting the certificate to, which they can then redeem when purchasing their specialty license plate. Please note that they must be a Florida resident and do not have to present the gift certificate to redeem the credit, just proper identification (i.e. Florida driver’s license or ID card).Disney Parks Blog
Zoë Wood is a travel writer from Sydney, Australia. Since her first visit to Disneyland at the age of 6, she has spent her years frequently visiting Disney Parks and traveling around the world.
Join Zoë as she lets you in on all the tips, tricks, anecdotes, and embarrassments that arise from her family adventures.