Viewing a nighttime fireworks spectacular at Walt Disney World with an incredible vantage point from the water is a special experience that not everyone knows you can have during your vacation.
I remember my first trip to Walt Disney World, and one night when we were heading over to the Magic Kingdom on the monorail during Wishes, we saw a couple of smaller boats on the Seven Seas Lagoon in addition to the ferry that travels between the Ticket & Transportation Center and MK. I wondered how in the world they managed to get to be on those boats during a fireworks show. It was a few trips later that I finally figured out how my family could have that experience.
Today, we’re sharing all of the details with you in case this is something you might like to do with your family while on vacation at Walt Disney World. It is such a special experience to have, and it’s a lot of fun, too.
At the time of this post, nighttime cruises provide the perfect opportunity to watch Disney Enchantment or Harmonious from the water.
Your party will board a 25-foot private charter boat and set sail for International Gateway near the World Showcase Lagoon in EPCOT or the waters of Seven Seas Lagoon for a Bay Lake cruise to Magic Kingdom. The boat has synchronized audio piped in so you’ll be fully immersed in the show.
- Contemporary Marina
- Polynesian Marina
- Grand Floridian Marina
- Fort Wilderness Marina
- Wilderness Lodge Marina
Your private cruise will be accompanied by a captain and includes an assortment of snacks and soft drinks. Festive banners and balloons are also included in the total cost and can be requested at the time of booking.
The fireworks cruise takes place aboard a 25-foot boat with prices starting at $399 plus tax. This boat seats up to 10 guests. Pricing may vary based on the time of day and is subject to change.
To reserve your fireworks cruise, call (407) WDW-PLAY. Guests under 18 must have a parent or guardian’s permission to call.
Important Details from Disney
Before you book, please be aware of the following information:
- In rare instances, fireworks shows may be rescheduled or canceled.
- Please refer to the entertainment schedule in the My Disney Experience app to confirm showtimes 2 weeks before your reservation, and check again the day of your reservation.
- Please arrive 1 hour and 15 minutes before the fireworks start time.
- Boats are not equipped with full-size dining tables. A cocktail table is provided.
- For Guests with limited mobility, a wheelchair/ECV transfer is necessary.
- There is a 2-day cancellation policy. Full price will be charged/forfeited for cancellations and within 2 days of the reservation, and no-shows.
Senior Editor for The DIS and DCL Fan | Disney Vacation Club Member | Thrilled to have been a '13/'14 Disney Parks Moms Panelist (now planDisney) | Lover of all things Disney; the Magic of Disneyland, Walt Disney World, and Disney Cruise Line | ºoº