DIS VIDEO CONTRIBUTORS
We want you to vlog for the DIS! We’re looking for everyone and anyone who would like to share their love of Disney or Universal through vlogs for our audience. If we publish your video, you’ll make some money.
- Sign up to become a DIS contributor and agree to our terms and conditions below after reading this page.
- Once you are registered, we'll send you instructions on how to proceed. Vlogs can be on a wide range of topics – the sky is the limit. You can choose to focus on Walt Disney World theme parks, resorts, dining, Disneyland, Universal, Disney Cruise Line, Adventures by Disney, Pop Culture – whatever you are passionate about!
NOTE – Currently, we are accepting submissions for those who would like to vlog specifically on Universal Orlando.
- If we use your video on the DIS (YouTube.com/WDWInfo), we’ll pay you $25.
- Payments are made the 30th of each month via PayPal only.
There is no limit on what you can vlog about as long as it remains relevant to Disney or Universal and there is a clear passion behind what you are covering. At the DIS Unplugged we typically vlog about dining, attractions, and our other adventures in the park, but don’t feel compelled to stick to our formula. The next great idea is out there and you may have it. Some vlog ideas could include trip planning, trip reports, attraction reviews, dining reviews, resort reviews, or movie/television/game reviews.
If you’re not interested in the parks, but you enjoy Disney culture, movies, television, music, cosplay or anything entertainment related – again, please don’t hesitate to sign up as a contributor!
Represent your opinion. Vlog on topics you are passionate about.
Vlog about topics that will entertain and be helpful. Take the things you’ve learned from your experience and share it!
Pay attention to how you’re vlogging. While it may seem easy to some, if the video and sound doesn’t look good then we can’t use it. Pay attention to lighting, backgrounds, etc…
Directly steal someone else’s ideas. The best form of flattery is imitation in some occasions, but these videos should showcase your personality, not what you think people want you to be.
Over promote. We want your honest opinions, ideas and creativity. If it comes off sounding like you are doing sales pitch, you will be rejected. You must disclose if you have any direct financial relationship connected to the content you are vlogging about, which leads us to…
Advertise. If you have a product to sell, this is not the forum for it.
- We will only pay for vlogs that are published on YouTube.com/WDWInfo. Not all vlogs submitted will be used. We reserve the right to reject any submission for any reason.
- If we use your vlog on the DIS, we’ll pay you $25.
- All payments are made via PayPal on the 30th of each month.
- Content submitted must be original and may not appear on other sites.
- All content must be the work of the author, and cannot be copied from other sources.
- All vlogs submitted must be exclusive to the DIS and cannot appear anywhere else for a minimum period of 12 months.
- You will retain all ownership rights to your work, but you grant the DIS an irrevocable, non-exclusive, freely sub-licensable (through unlimited levels of sublicense), license to use, reproduce, modify, transmit, distribute, publicly perform and display (including in each case by means of a digital audio or video transmission), advertise in, on, and around, and create derivative works of the Content, and to incorporate such Content into other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed at our discretion. This license is granted in perpetuity.
- You are responsible for ensuring that any content you submit does not infringe the rights, intellectual property or trademarks of any third party.
- Vlogs submitted to the DIS will be summarily rejected if they violate any of the following guidelines:
a. Content that is false, misleading, threatening, defamatory or otherwise objectionable.
b. Content that infringes on a third party's intellectual property rights, including but not limited to patent, trademark or trade secret, copyright.
c. of a type that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships, such as proprietary and confidential information;
d. unsolicited, undisclosed or unauthorized advertising;
- By registering for, submitting and accepting payment for vlogs you submit, you acknowledge that you have read and you agree to these terms and conditions.
Ready To Become A Contributor?
If you're ready to start writing for The DIS, sign up to become a contributor today: Click Here