- How does the Rent/Trade Board work?
- What are the "points" I see mentioned?
- Can I "rent" points- even if I’m not a DVC Member?
- How does a Member "advertise" points available for rent?
- How do I ask about renting points from a DVC Member?
- Can I trade or transfer points with another Member?
- How does the reservation work?
- Will I get a confirmation of my reservation?
- What happens if I cancel the reservation
- How can I pay for the reservation?
- Where can I get more information about DVC?
does the Rent/Trade Board work?
This Rent/Trade Board has been created to assist in the rental of accommodations through the use of DVC points or the trading of points between members. We ask that no listings to sell DVC memberships be made here. DVC members may post the availability of their points to rent/trade and anyone may post requests to use member points. Following are some comments regarding this Board and suggestions about creating successful transactions.
DVC members own Vacation Points, which are used to "pay" for reservations made through the Disney Vacation Club. These points may be used at the member’s home resort up to 11 months in advance and up to 7 months in advance at other DVC resorts. Points may also be used for reservations at other WDW resorts, Disney Cruise Line and many other accommodations worldwide. For more information about the Disney Vacation Club, please read the DVC-FAQ page here at DIS. You can get an idea of the number of points needed for specific dates by using our DVC Point Calculator.
I "rent" points- even if I’m not a DVC
Anyone may "rent" point reservations from DVC members and DVC members may transfer points between one another. Transactions between DVC members and others are provided for in the Member Guidelines of the Disney Vacation Club.However these transactions are entirely conducted without the assistance of the Disney Information Station (other than providing the Rent/Trade Board forum) or DVC (other than making the actual reservation or other transfer of points).
does a Member "advertise" points available
Members, wishing to provide points for use in reservations to others, may list their availability on the Rent/Trade Board. Once contacted by a prospective "renter", details of this transaction should be agreed upon by the listing member and the "renter". The listing member should indicate his/her preferences as to how the transaction will be handled- including cost of the transaction, deposit required, and form and timing of payment.
Those interested in securing the use of DVC points ("renters") may post their interest in acquiring a reservation through a DVC member. The "renter" should indicate the desired resort, villa size and dates for the reservation. It is suggested that the "renter" be familiar with the number of points needed for the reservation by using the DVC Point Calculator, here at DIS. "Renters" should be aware that points needed for weekend (Fri./Sat.) nights are about double the points needed for weekday (Sun.-Thurs.) nights.
Back to top
In the case of DVC members interested in a transfer of points (rather than a reservation), the same guidelines can be followed. DVC Member Services (MS) can provide the transfer of points between members. Please be aware that, according to DVC Member Guidelines, the transfer of points between members is NOT to involve any monetary transaction.
How does the reservation work?
The following suggestions are a compilation of comments and questions from DVC members and "renters" through the DVC Board and DVC Rent/Trade Board. They are intended as guidelines only.
Will I get a confirmation of my reservation?
Members should make the reservation in the name of the person who will use the reservation. This is simply accomplished with a call to MS. Once the confirmation has been received by the member (DVC will be send it to the member), the "renter" should be asked for a deposit to hold the reservation. Once the agreed upon deposit has been received, the DVC confirmation letter should be sent to the "renter". Payment of the balance of the transaction should be received prior to any deadlines the member is subject to through DVC- such as banking deadlines and the 30-day cancellation period.
What happens if I cancel the reservation
Important to this transaction is an agreement/understanding regarding cancellation by the "renter". Since the member does risk loss of the use of points, it can be suggested that once the reservation is made, the "renter" will be subject to the same restrictions placed on the member with regards to cancellation. This will primarily involve the use of the DVC "Holding Account", where points canceled within 30 days of the reservation are only available for use within 30 days for any subsequent reservation and may not be banked- they will expire at the end of the current use year.
Renters should expect to be able to independently confirm their reservation, by calling the resort after receiving the reservation confirmation. Some members are able to accept credit card transactions for payment, others desire cashier checks or personal checks. Some have reported using an escrow agent to hold all funds until the reservation begins. All payment details should be discussed prior to making the reservation. The reservation will entitle the "renter" to all normal amenities that apply to the accommodation. At a DVC resort, while staying on points, this includes limited housekeeping services, resort parking pass and use of resort facilities. Member benefits, such as discounts and pool hopping privileges may not apply to "renters".
Please remember that all aspects of these transactions are negotiable between parties. This includes deposit, form and amount of payment.
If you have other questions that are not listed here, pay a visit to our DVC bulletin board. There you can ask any question you like of other DVC members. CLICK HERE to go to the boards!
- Limited Time Magic: Secret Santa Week - Visit the Town Square Christmas Tree on Main Street and see Duffy in his Christmas outfit. Other Disney characters will be located around the park. Get a special decorated keepsake card from each one as a souvenir.
- Limited Time Magic: Tour the Magic Kingdom with Phil Holmes - 25 lucky guests will get to tour the park with current Vice President Phil Holmes.
- Blog - Best Places to View EPCOT’s Illuminations: Reflections of Earth
- VIDEO: Holiday Storytellers - The Canadian Holiday Voyageurs - New to Holidays Around The World 2013 at Epcot in 2013 are the Canadian Holiday Voyageurs. The Canadian Holiday Voyageurs play multiple sets each day filled with Christmas songs done the Canadian way on the Mill Stage.
- Blog - EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW with Jonathan Groff from FROZEN
- Guests at All Star Resorts will no longer receive Key to the World cards - As of 12/2/13, guests at All Star Sports Resort will no longer receive a Key to the World card. All information for the resort and parks will be on the Magic Band you receive when you check in. This will begin at All Star Music on 12/4/13 and at All Star Movies on 12/6/13. This system is already in place at Pop Century.
- VIDEO: it's a small world Holiday Full POV Ride-Through - The happiest cruise that ever sailed gets even merrier for the holidays. it's a small world, the 1964 World's Fair attraction that came to Disneyland in 1966, gets a full overlay for the holiday season including decorations and a new soundtrack!
- Atlanta Braves spring training tickets now on sale - The Atlanta Braves return to ESPN Wide World of Sports for their annual spring training. Tickets are first come/first served and the games take place at Champion Stadium.
- Blog - Give Kids the World Village and Giving Tuesday December 3, 2013
- VIDEO: Gran Fiesta Tour POV Ride-Through - Donald Duck disappears on his way to a Three Caballeros performance in Mexico City and his friends, José Carioca and Panchito Pistoles, set out to search for him.
- Blog - Brewing Now: Joffrey’s Disney Parks Collection of Coffees
- Blog - A Brit’s Perspective – Visiting the UK in Orlando
- Specialty food and drink offered for holidays at Epcot - New this holiday season, each country will be serving a specialty food and drink.
- New bus loop at Magic Kingdom open - In addition to regular single stops, there are several double stops that will accommodate two regular buses or one of the new articulated buses.
- Limited Time Magic: Donate a Duffy the Disney Bear to Toys for Tots - Visit the Once Upon a Toy store or the World of Disney store at Downtown Disney and with every $5 purchase, Disney will donate a Duffy the Disney Bear toy to Toys for Tots.
- Limited Time Magic: Jolly Year of the Ear - Celebrate the season in style with Santa Mickey and Minnie Santa ear hats - only available for a short time at the Emporium at Magic Kingdom.
- Times and dates for Epcot holiday storytellers - Each country has its own special theme that highlights its culture. Storytellers will delight you with tales of their heritage and how the holidays are celebrated in their homeland.
- VIDEO: "Let It Go" from Disney's Frozen in Celebrate the Magic - This holiday season, "Let It Go" from Disney's Frozen is featured in Celebrate the Magic, the nighttime projection show on Cinderella Castle.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Main Street Plaza - Cinderella Castle - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Main Street Plaza - Cinderella Castle November 11, 2013 - Night
- Blog - Happy Thanksgiving from the Magic Kingdom!
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Main Street U.S.A. Bridge - Main Street U.S.A. - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Main Street U.S.A. Bridge - Main Street U.S.A., November 11, 2013 - Night
- Blog - Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom: Turnstile-Free!
- New holiday entertainment for the Canada pavilion at Epcot - Follow the Canadian Holiday Voyageurs on a musical tour to discover the country's holiday customs.
- Blog - Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights 101
- Royal Caribbean is offering a $200 Onboard Credit and 50% Reduced Deposit! - The offer is only available for booking on December 2, 3 and 4, 2013.
- Disney Vacation Club members offered event at Splitsville Luxury Lanes - On December 2 and 9 from 5-6:45pm, the experience will include bowling, shoe rental, a shared appetizer, an entree (or kids' meal), a signature beverage and a special DVC gift.
- Several rehabs added for early 2014 - The Magic Carpets of Aladdin, Festival of the Lion King, Kali River Rapids, and the Studio Backlot Tour have all been added to the rehab list.
- Aulani named Best for Families by Fodor's Travel - Aulani was recently named "Best for Families" by Fodor's Travel in their "Top 10 Hawaiian Resorts for 2013" list.
- Blog - Review: “Frozen”
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Main Street Train Station - Main Street U.S.A. - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Main Street Train Station - Main Street U.S.A., November 11, 2013 - Night
- Limited Time Magic: Thanksgiving Treats Available - Special treats will be available at various locations in the theme parks.
- New Year's Eve dining info for Swan and Dolphin Hotels - The restaurants of the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin will be offering special New Year's Eve menus.
- Walt Disney World Annual Passholders can save up to 37% at select hotels - Discount is valid for travel between 1/4/14-3/18/14, 3/14/14-3/29/14, 1/19/14-3/13/14 and 3/30/14-4/12/14.
- Blog - Why I’m excited to take my baby on a Disney Cruise!
- Limited Time Magic: Jingle Cruise poster giveaway - Celebrate the Jingle Cruise at Magic Kingdom and Disneyland Park with a complimentary mini poster while supplies last.
- Several rehabs scheduled for the Magic Kingdom - Among the closings are The Plaza Restaurant, Pinocchio Village Haus, Tomorrowland Transit Authority People Mover, Barnstormer, and the Liberty Square Riverboat.
- Blog - Disney’s Newest Animated Feature “Frozen” Flurries Into Theme Parks On Both Coasts
- The Comedy Warehouse Holiday Special to return? - Rumors are that the popular holiday version of The Comedy Warehouse will be returning to Hollywood Studios this year.
- Blog - EXCLUSIVE: Nikon becomes the Official Camera of Walt Disney World and Disneyland
- VIDEO: Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2013 - What happens when you combine one 30,000 pound, 65 foot tree, one 40 foot star, 5500 twinkling lights, 430 feet of garland, 325 ornaments, 275 feet of strung popcorn, 400 flickering candles, 135 candy canes, 100 gingerbread cookies and the Disney Characters? Why, you have the perfect recipe for Christmas at the Magic Kingdom!
- Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Photography - Creative photos from Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party
- Christmas dining options for Walt Disney World - All restaurants on property will be open as normal, but some are serving special Christmas menus.
- Thanksgiving dining options at Walt Disney World - All restaurants on property will be open as normal, but some are serving special Thanksgiving menus.
- New looks available for the holidays at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique - Now through 1/3/14, little girls can choose from a Frozen Package or a Holiday Minnie Package.
- Santa Claus comes to Downtown Disney - At the Marketplace, you'll find Santa Claus waiting to greet you at his chalet in front of the World of Disney store.
- VIDEO: Josh Gad - Voice of Olaf in "Frozen" - Interview - Josh Gad, the voice of Olaf in "Frozen" and "World of Color - Winter Dreams" and Tony Award nominee for "The Book of Mormon", takes a few minutes to talk about how important it was to work on a Disney film that led to a theme park experience and the music behind it all.
- All guests at Pop Century will now use MagicBands - As of 11/14/13, guests at Pop Century will no longer receive a Key to the World card. All information for the resort and parks will be on the Magic Band you receive when you check in.