- How does the Rent/Trade Board work?
- What are the "points" I see mentioned?
- Can I "rent" points- even if I’m not a DVC Member?
- How does a Member "advertise" points available for rent?
- How do I ask about renting points from a DVC Member?
- Can I trade or transfer points with another Member?
- How does the reservation work?
- Will I get a confirmation of my reservation?
- What happens if I cancel the reservation
- How can I pay for the reservation?
- Where can I get more information about DVC?
does the Rent/Trade Board work?
This Rent/Trade Board has been created to assist in the rental of accommodations through the use of DVC points or the trading of points between members. We ask that no listings to sell DVC memberships be made here. DVC members may post the availability of their points to rent/trade and anyone may post requests to use member points. Following are some comments regarding this Board and suggestions about creating successful transactions.
DVC members own Vacation Points, which are used to "pay" for reservations made through the Disney Vacation Club. These points may be used at the member’s home resort up to 11 months in advance and up to 7 months in advance at other DVC resorts. Points may also be used for reservations at other WDW resorts, Disney Cruise Line and many other accommodations worldwide. For more information about the Disney Vacation Club, please read the DVC-FAQ page here at DIS. You can get an idea of the number of points needed for specific dates by using our DVC Point Calculator.
I "rent" points- even if I’m not a DVC
Anyone may "rent" point reservations from DVC members and DVC members may transfer points between one another. Transactions between DVC members and others are provided for in the Member Guidelines of the Disney Vacation Club.However these transactions are entirely conducted without the assistance of the Disney Information Station (other than providing the Rent/Trade Board forum) or DVC (other than making the actual reservation or other transfer of points).
does a Member "advertise" points available
Members, wishing to provide points for use in reservations to others, may list their availability on the Rent/Trade Board. Once contacted by a prospective "renter", details of this transaction should be agreed upon by the listing member and the "renter". The listing member should indicate his/her preferences as to how the transaction will be handled- including cost of the transaction, deposit required, and form and timing of payment.
Those interested in securing the use of DVC points ("renters") may post their interest in acquiring a reservation through a DVC member. The "renter" should indicate the desired resort, villa size and dates for the reservation. It is suggested that the "renter" be familiar with the number of points needed for the reservation by using the DVC Point Calculator, here at DIS. "Renters" should be aware that points needed for weekend (Fri./Sat.) nights are about double the points needed for weekday (Sun.-Thurs.) nights.
Back to top
In the case of DVC members interested in a transfer of points (rather than a reservation), the same guidelines can be followed. DVC Member Services (MS) can provide the transfer of points between members. Please be aware that, according to DVC Member Guidelines, the transfer of points between members is NOT to involve any monetary transaction.
How does the reservation work?
The following suggestions are a compilation of comments and questions from DVC members and "renters" through the DVC Board and DVC Rent/Trade Board. They are intended as guidelines only.
Will I get a confirmation of my reservation?
Members should make the reservation in the name of the person who will use the reservation. This is simply accomplished with a call to MS. Once the confirmation has been received by the member (DVC will be send it to the member), the "renter" should be asked for a deposit to hold the reservation. Once the agreed upon deposit has been received, the DVC confirmation letter should be sent to the "renter". Payment of the balance of the transaction should be received prior to any deadlines the member is subject to through DVC- such as banking deadlines and the 30-day cancellation period.
What happens if I cancel the reservation
Important to this transaction is an agreement/understanding regarding cancellation by the "renter". Since the member does risk loss of the use of points, it can be suggested that once the reservation is made, the "renter" will be subject to the same restrictions placed on the member with regards to cancellation. This will primarily involve the use of the DVC "Holding Account", where points canceled within 30 days of the reservation are only available for use within 30 days for any subsequent reservation and may not be banked- they will expire at the end of the current use year.
Renters should expect to be able to independently confirm their reservation, by calling the resort after receiving the reservation confirmation. Some members are able to accept credit card transactions for payment, others desire cashier checks or personal checks. Some have reported using an escrow agent to hold all funds until the reservation begins. All payment details should be discussed prior to making the reservation. The reservation will entitle the "renter" to all normal amenities that apply to the accommodation. At a DVC resort, while staying on points, this includes limited housekeeping services, resort parking pass and use of resort facilities. Member benefits, such as discounts and pool hopping privileges may not apply to "renters".
Please remember that all aspects of these transactions are negotiable between parties. This includes deposit, form and amount of payment.
If you have other questions that are not listed here, pay a visit to our DVC bulletin board. There you can ask any question you like of other DVC members. CLICK HERE to go to the boards!
- New events added to Epcot International Food & Wine Festival - Late Nights LIVE! and new Premium Package events added.
- Astro Orbiter rehab extended by one week - Originally scheduled to end September 19, the ride will now reopen September 28.
- Food & Wine Festival Premium events now available for booking - This includes seminars, signature dining experiences and other special events.
- Changes coming to Move It, Shake It, Celebrate It Street Party? - An update is rumored for this parade later this year, possibly around October. Possible changes are new music; Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Donald moving to the top of the floats; and Stitch joining the fun. Sebastian, Lumiere, and The Mad Hatter will leave the parade.
- During pool rehab, Polynesian guests will have free admission to Blizzard Beach - Originally, the resort guests were just going to be given one-day tickets to the water park, but that has been changed. They will now have complimentary unlimited admission to Blizzard Beach during their stay at the Polynesian.
- List of restaurants participating in the 2015 Disney Dining Plan - This list will be updated as more restaurants are added. Epcot and Downtown Disney restaurants don't normally finalize their participation until later in the year.
- 2015 Magic Your Way Disney World packages released! - A Walt Disney World package is a resort room and theme park admission. The Disney Dining Plan may also be added.
- Happy 15th Birthday to Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith! - The attraction originally opened its doors at Disney’s Hollywood Studios on July 29, 1999.
- Victoria & Albert's will no longer accept Tables in Wonderland - This begins August 1, 2014.
- Summertime Pals Ink & Paint Cel release - This limited release will be available at the event, or pre-order by September 25 at 5:00pm EST.
- Haunted Mansion merchandise shop coming to Magic Kingdom - The former Yankee Trader shop will become a Haunted Mansion merchandise location in the near future. The decor will be inspired by Madame Leota and will carry items from the Haunted Mansion Authentic program, such as apparel, home goods, souvenirs and more.
- Merchandise Events and Artist Appearances/Signings for August - List of authors and artists coming to the theme parks for signings and merchandise releases.
- List of characters updated for Villains Unleashed! event - Over 50 Disney villains will be taking over the park until the 13th hour!
- Beginning today, PhotoPass print packages are no longer offered table-side at character meals - This includes Chef Mickey's, 1900 Park Fare, 'Ohana, Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue, Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show and Tusker House Restaurant.
- Disney Visa cardholders can book Food & Wine Festival events early - Disney Visa cardholders can book special events two days earlier than the general public - on July 29 and July 30 from 7:00am-11:00pm EST.
- Tables in Wonderland adds blackout dates for several restaurants - The Tables in Wonderland program offers Florida Residents, DVC members and Annual Passholders 20% off of all food and beverage purchases at the participating Disney restaurants.
- Information on Holiday sleigh rides at Fort Wilderness - This horse-drawn "sleigh" ride is a fun way to celebrate the season.
- Marketplace menus for Epot International Food & Wine Festival - List of menu items for the marketplaces set up around World Showcase.
- Rehab planned in November for Magic Carpets of Aladdin - The Magic Kingdom attraction will be closed 11/10 - 11/21/2014.
- Food & Wine Festival Special Dining Experiences released - Bookings for these experiences begin July 31.
- 10 Places to Wait Out a Thunderstorm at Walt Disney World
- Disney Castaway Cay Challenge added to Princess Half Marathon Weekend - Runners who are registered for any of the Disney races (5K or longer) during the Weekend have the option to complete the Disney Castaway Cay Challenge when sailing on the Disney Dream February 23-27.
- Fantasia Miniature Golf Course rehab planned off and on for the next two weeks - Gardens Course closed 7/22-7/25/2014, 7/28-8/1/2014, 8/4-8/8/2014. The Fairways will still be open.
- Blog - I Can Go The Distance: Deciding is one thing, registering is another
- Save up to 30% on a Room Only reservation at Walt Disney World! - Valid for stays most nights 10/4/14 - 11/25/14 and 11/29/14 - 12/23/14.
- 2015 WDW hotel discount released for U.S. Military - Valid for stays most nights 9/28/14 - 10/3/15.
- All 3 remaining weekends sold out for Harambe Nights - July 26, August 2 and August 9 are sold out.
- Annual passholder discount for Spice Road Table - Through 9/17/14, Annual Passholders can get a 30% discount on their bill.
- 2015 Military Ticket Discount info released - Members of the military can purchase 4-day Magic Your Way tickets with Park Hopper option for $177 each.
- Changes to reservation times for Wishes Dessert Party - Reservations are all being set for 6:00pm, no matter when Wishes is taking place. The dessert party will actually take place one hour before Wishes.
- Frozen Summer Fun Premium package is sold out for all remaining dates - This package gives guests at Frozen Summer Fun Live reserved viewing for several events.
- Wild by Design tour to be discontinued after 9/26/14 - This tour takes place at Disney's Animal Kingdom.
- Fantasy Football Convention coming to ESPN Wide World of Sports - The convention will give attendees access to ESPN talent, a live fantasy football draft and more.
- Blog - Sneak Preview of What's Coming to the 2014 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- Dates and pricing released for ICE! at Gaylord Palms - Using two million pounds of ice, this Gaylord Palms Resort special ticket exhibit will be transformed into the North Pole.
- Blog - Disney's Magical Express Age Limit Changes: A Parent's & Teacher's Perspective
- Blog - Five Reasons Why We're Not Seeing "Planes: Fire & Rescue" in Theaters
- Blog updated - I Just Spent $20 on FastPasses! Would You? - The author has taken the tour she discussed in the blog - check out her thoughts to see if she would do this again!
- Blog - July 2014 Magic Kingdom Construction Update
- Information for Food & Wine Festival special dining experiences - book 7/31 - Premium events will be announced July 24 and can be booked on July 31 beginning at 7:00am EST. To book, call 407-WDW-FEST (939-3378).
- Princess Half Marathon fills in less than 24 hours - The Princess Half Marathon, the Princess Enchanted 10K and the Glass Slipper Challenge are sold out, filling less than 24 hours after registration opened.
- Dolphins at Epcot will be offstage through August 7 - Guests will not be able to see the dolphins at The Seas with Nemo & Friends. The Dolphins in Depth Tour will be unavailable during this time as well.
- Changes in parking due to Downtown Disney Remodel - Speeds in the area will be reduced, as well as lanes closed. Buena Vista Drive will be expanded to 10 lanes.
- Blog - Disney Responds to Disability Access Service Lawsuit