Downtown Disney - Marketplace
Downtown Disney Resort Area Hotels
Disney Quest | Cirque du Soleil
1780 Buena Vista Drive
PO BOX 10150
Lake Buena Vista, Fl 32830
Changes in parking due to Downtown Disney remodel:
- From Bonnet Creek Parkway to Hotel Plaza Boulevard, speed on Buena Vista Drive will be reduced to 35 mph. There may also be a reduction in the number of lanes available. Buena Vista Drive is being expanded to 10 lanes. These will include dedicated bus lanes and two pedestrian bridges.
- Entrances 2 and 5 will be the only entrances available - across from Typhoon Lagoon and the Hess Station.
- Behind La Nouba, parking lot L will be closed through the end of July.
- Entrance 1 is closed for inbound traffic. For access to the Marketplace, you'll need to use Entrance 2. Entrance 3 is closed. Ring Road is closed from Planet Hollywood to DisneyQuest. The taxi service that used to be located near Planet Hollywood has been relocated to a section of the parking lot in front of Raglan Road Restaurant.
- Parking lots H, I, J and K are closed. During busy times, the Team Disney parking lot will be open and a shuttle will be provided to Downtown Disney. A parking garage is being constructed in place of the exisiting lots.
- The section of road between AMC Theatres and DisneyQuest will be closed from 10/21/13 until Fall 2014.
- Photo Gallery
- Downtown Disney Marketplace Shopping
- Downtown Disney Marketplace Dining
- Downtown Disney Marketplace Recreation
- Downtown Disney Marketplace Map
Remodel coming - Disney Springs
Downtown Disney will be renamed Disney Springs and will consist of several different neighborhoods, featuring more than 150 stores, restaurants and entertainment locations. The neighborhoods will be named The Town Center, The Landing, The West Side, and The Marketplace. Each neighborhood will have a distinct feel, with the current West Side and Marketplace basically retaining their current layouts.
As Disney tradition goes, the area will have a backstory explaining the history. The idea is that the town grew up around a spring, and guests will be able to see the evolution in the environment as the town has grown and changed. This spring is what will connect the neighborhoods along the waterfront.
Read more about Disney Springs here. Construction should be completed in 2016.
If you're looking to shop for all things "Disney" or just want a break from the theme parks, the Marketplace is a terrific destination. There's a great selection of shops and restaurants located here. All of the Walt Disney World resorts offer transportation to Downtown Disney.
The best time to visit Downtown Disney is during the day. As evening approaches, be prepared for crowds, particularly on weekends. Operating hours for the common areas at Downtown Disney Marketplace are 8:00 am - 1:00 am.
This crystal specialty shop offers a wide variety of unique gifts. It's a bit off the beaten track, located between Team Mickey and Basin. Skilled craftsmen work on various pieces in view of guests. A wide variety of items can be personalized.
The Art of Disney
Whether you're a collector of Disney Memorabilia and artwork or not, this Downtown Disney shop is worth a visit. There's a vast collection of limited edition Sericels, lithographs, original paintings, sculptures, collectible figurines including the Walt Disney Classics Collection, crystal, Lenox, etc. The range of prices makes this appealing to both the serious collector and those wanting something special on a modest budget.
Basin - Bath & Facial Products
This is a bit off the beaten path and towards the rear of the World of Disney store. Featuring natural skin and bath products. There are wonderful hand cut soaps, bath crystals and salts, shampoo bars, scented candles, etc. Visitors are encouraged to try out the products with the testers found throughout the shop. This shop can be potent with all the varieties of smells.
For all those little girls dreaming of being a Disney Princess,
this latest addition to the World of Disney is the perfect
fit. More of a salon than a store, there are 10 salon stations
where girls can get their hair, nails and makeup done. A second Boutique is located at Cinderellla's Castle in the Magic Kingdom.
Reservations are strongly recommended.
The number to call is: 407-WDW-STYLE.
- Coach Package: Hair style and shimmering makeup - $54.95
- Crown Package: Hair style, shimmering makeup and nails - $59.95
- Courtyard Package: Exclusive Courtyard hairstyling, shimmering makeup, face gem, princess sash and tote, nail polish, Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique t-shrit, trendy tutu - $94.95
- Castle Package: Hair style, shimmering makeup and nails plus full Princess costume with accessories and photo package (one 6x8 and four 4x6 pix) - starting at $189.95
- The Knight Package:Hair styling with colored gel and confetti, plus a sword and shield - $15.95
- Sofia the First Package: hair style, shimmering makeup, nail polish, crown, hair bow and accessories - $64.95 (not available at the Magic Kingdom location)
- Can add an Imaging Package to any of the above packages: one 6x8" and four 4x6" photos is a special photo holder - $32.95 (plus tax)
With the addition of the Boutique, there's been an expansion of Princess merchandise.
The Days of Christmas is a must see shop at anytime of the year, but make certain that you visit during the Holiday season. You can find a wide variety of Disney character ornaments, Santa hats and Christmas stockings. The more collectible items include the Disney Village pieces, Christopher Radko ornaments, Disney Railroad Train Sets, Snowbabies, and the Walt Disney World Showcase Collection. This store has an extensive selection of Christmas movies and books, including The Polar Express and Jolly Old Santa Clause. The traditional glass Mickey head, in an array of colors and themes, can be personalized for just $3.00 per word. Holiday goodies such as cocoa, coffee, cookies and peppermint bark are also found here. If you celebrate the Festival of Lights check out the Disney Hanukkah decorations and the large selection of blue and white ornaments. The small section of non-Disney ornaments includes glass Santas, snowmen, birds, the Fleur de lis, and Christmas pickles. Decorations for Thanksgiving, Halloween, and Easter can also be found here seasonally.
Design, customize and personalize your own Hanes tee shirt. This store has several large user friendly computers that will walk you through the entire design process. First you choose the size and and the color of the shirt you want. Depending on the size you choose, the variety of color may be limited. Then your select your art from several Disney categories, such as Celebrations, Characters, Princesses, Tinker Bell, Pirates, Pixar, Disney Films, and Holidays. The final step in the design process is personalizing your tee with custom text. There are several fonts, styles, and colors that you can choose from. When you're done you print out your ticket, pay, and then come back in about 30 minutes to pick it up.
Disney's Pin Traders
This open air shop is where you'll find almost every Disney pin imaginable. There are hundreds of pins displayed by themes as well as Limited Editions. Pin trading sessions are also hosted here. Even if you're not into collecting pins, it's always fun to look through the selection of pins. Pins are an inexpensive souvenir.
Ghirardelli Soda Fountain & Chocolate Shop
When you walk in the door of this little shop, you are hit with the amazing smell of chocolate! You can't help but enjoy browsing the selection of delicious chocolate. If you can't wait till you get home to sample, order a treat from the soda fountain - a great cool snack in the Florida heat!
Goofy's Candy Company
A fantastic interactive candy shop that's certain to satisfy your sweet tooth. Whether or not you have a sweet tooth, you have to visit Goofy's Candy Company in the Downtown Disney Marketplace. Its so much more than a candy store. It's bright and colorful, as you'd expect. There are rows and rows of self serve bins where you can get treats at $2.98 a quarter pound. (A limited selection of sugar free candies are available.) There are pre-packaged candies and novelties for sale as well as glass displays filled with tempting confections. Click here for details.
Sun-Thurs 10:00am-11:00pm, Fri and Sat 10:00am-11:30pm
Inside the marketplace are six new shops offering specialty products. The new shops are:
Beautifully Disney - makeup, fragrance and beauty accessories
Cherry Tree Lane - scarves, shoes, bags, watches and jewelry. Dooney & Bourke, as well as Vera Bradley bags will be carried here.
D-Tech on Demand - personalize and customize your own electronic accessories
The Trophy Room - vintage inspired, lifestyle sports apparel and collectibles
Centerpiece - home products with a hint of Disney. Find glassware, coasters, pillows and more, based on Disney attractions.
Zoey and Pickles - girls' clothes
Some of the items are available online here: DisneyStore.com/MarketplaceCoOp
|Marketplace Fun Finds
Located next to Little Miss Matched, this shop offers some great values. Everything is less than $25 and is a great place to pick up some gifts and souvenirs.
This store features Mickey-themed culinary items, such as dinnerware, waffle irons, and coffee mugs. A recent addition to Mickey's Pantry is a section called "The Spice & Tea Exchange". This is a collection of
a variety of spices, teas, sea salts, rice, platters and 12 naturally infused organic sugars.
Once Upon a Toy Store
This store is for the child and the child at heart. The exterior appears to be constructed out of Lincoln Logs and Tinker Toys. Every Disney themed toy imaginable is featured here. There are incredible displays including the Monorail system in miniature. All of Disney's DVDs currently available for sale can be found here. In addition to an extensive display, there's a binder that contains the full listing of 300+ titles.
A Star Wars Droid Factory building station can be found here as well. Customize your very own R2D2-like droid action figure.
Rainforest Cafe Shop - Adjacent to the Rainforest Cafe. A full line of Rainforest themed merchandise including clothing, mugs, jewelry, private label condiments, postcards, toys, candy, mugs, etc.
Tren-D, at the Downtown Disney Marketplace is just that, trendy! All of the merchandise for sale here is chic, hip, and often eco-friendly. Disney hit a home run with this store which offers Disney Couture clothing and handbags, Tarina Tarantino and Judith Jack jewelry, and earth friendly candy wrapper purses. They carry cool Mickey t-shirts along with clothing from Roxy, Element, Billabong and Lucy Love. You will also find Wicked Wahine lotions and perfumes, Swan Creek candles, and H2O bath products. The hottest item in the store would have to be the seatbelt purses by Harvey for Disney Couture. These handbags are made from reclaimed seatbelts and covered with Mickey Mouse comic strips. The Pop inspired artwork that covers the walls, ceiling and columns is all original and unfortunately not for sale. If you choose to try on your selections, Edna ‘E’ Mode, is on the wall next to the dressing rooms to let you know that you look marvelous. The décor alone makes a stop here a must do for every female Disney fan.
Wonderful World of Memories - This is the place for scrapbookers to stock up on Disney-themed craft supplies, stationary and photo albums.
World of Disney - This is the ultimate Disney Character store. You'll find themed sections throughout the 50,000 square foot shop:
- Magic Room: Photo frames, towels, snowglobes.
- Princess Experience Room: Princess outfits, dolls, accessories, toys and the Bibbidi, Bobbidi Boutique where your little girl can be transformed into a Disney Princess
- Enchanted Dining Room: Kitchen items, mugs and photo frames
- Adventure Room : Clothing for boys
- Villains Room: Jewelry, watches, clocks, trading pins and collectibles
- Map Room: Computer software, CDs, stationery and Disney souvenirs featuring pens, pencils, magnets, key chains, etc
- Carnival Room: Plush toys
- Bird Room: Men's clothing
- Snow White Room: Infant/toddler clothing and accessories
- Great Hall: Women's clothing, sleepwear and accessories
World of Disney KIDS - Formerly Pooh's Corner, now offering a wide assortment of merchandise including clothing, plush toys and collectibles. This shop is located opposite the Days of Christmas.
You'll also find kiosks featuring the Balzac line of balloons, caricature artists, hair wraps, create-your-own keepsakes, pick-a-pearl, woodcarving and leather goods.
Annual/Seasonal Passholder discount accepted. (Certain restrictions may apply)
Starbucks Now Open
This walk-up kiosk is open 8:00am - midnight in front of World of Disney. Starbucks beverages and baked goods are available.
One of the two Rainforest Cafe's that are located at Disney. The other is found at the Animal Kingdom Theme Park.
This chain restaurant features animatronic wildlife and a "thunderstorm" that occurs every 22 minutes. The sights and sounds place you in the middle of a tropical rainforest. There's an amazing saltwater fish tank with vibrant tropical fish, as well as waterfalls and banyan trees.
The menu is fairly standard with seafood, steak, sandwiches. salads and pasta. The children's menu includes mac & cheese, burgers and mini-hot dogs.
There's a large bar under a 38 foot "Magic Mushroom." It's a great spot to relax and unwind while enjoying one of their specialty drinks. A retail shop is located here that offers Rainforest themed merchandise.
Annual/Seasonal Passholder discount accepted. (Certain restrictions may apply)
A "quick service" version of the popular Wolfgang Puck Restaurant at Downtown Disney West Side. Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Breakfast: Wood-fired breakfast pizzas, French toast, pancakes, waffles, fruit, cereal, omelets, bagels, muffins, pastries, coffee, juice.
Lunch/Dinner: Wood-fired pizzas, salads, soups, sandwiches, rotisserie chicken. Ice cream, cookies and assorted items from Puck's Pantry, and beverages.
Moderate pricing and a great spot to enjoy an above average counter service meal.
Annual/Seasonal Passholder discount accepted. (Certain restrictions may apply)
Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Freshly prepared sandwiches with specialty sauces and spreads. Salads, wraps, pre-made "Grab 'n Go" selection. Also offering a selection of turnovers, scones, cookies, brownies and ice cream sandwiches. Menu
Beverage offerings include beer, soft drinks, smoothies, juice, tea and their trademark Earl's Grey Lemonade. Counter service with inside seating. Another Marketplace "gem" for a reasonably priced meal.There's a selection of merchandise for sale.
Kiosks offering Margaritas, snacks, soft drinks, smoothies, specialty coffee drinks are located throughout the Marketplace
- Changes coming to Move It, Shake It, Celebrate It Street Party? - An update is rumored for this parade later this year, possibly around October. Possible changes are new music; Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Donald moving to the top of the floats; and Stitch joining the fun. Sebastian, Lumiere, and The Mad Hatter will leave the parade.
- During pool rehab, Polynesian guests will have free admission to Blizzard Beach - Originally, the resort guests were just going to be given one-day tickets to the water park, but that has been changed. They will now have complimentary unlimited admission to Blizzard Beach during their stay at the Polynesian.
- List of restaurants participating in the 2015 Disney Dining Plan - This list will be updated as more restaurants are added. Epcot and Downtown Disney restaurants don't normally finalize their participation until later in the year.
- 2015 Magic Your Way Disney World packages released! - A Walt Disney World package is a resort room and theme park admission. The Disney Dining Plan may also be added.
- Happy 15th Birthday to Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith! - The attraction originally opened its doors at Disney’s Hollywood Studios on July 29, 1999.
- Victoria & Albert's will no longer accept Tables in Wonderland - This begins August 1, 2014.
- Summertime Pals Ink & Paint Cel release - This limited release will be available at the event, or pre-order by September 25 at 5:00pm EST.
- Haunted Mansion merchandise shop coming to Magic Kingdom - The former Yankee Trader shop will become a Haunted Mansion merchandise location in the near future. The decor will be inspired by Madame Leota and will carry items from the Haunted Mansion Authentic program, such as apparel, home goods, souvenirs and more.
- Merchandise Events and Artist Appearances/Signings for August - List of authors and artists coming to the theme parks for signings and merchandise releases.
- List of characters updated for Villains Unleashed! event - Over 50 Disney villains will be taking over the park until the 13th hour!
- Beginning today, PhotoPass print packages are no longer offered table-side at character meals - This includes Chef Mickey's, 1900 Park Fare, 'Ohana, Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue, Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show and Tusker House Restaurant.
- Disney Visa cardholders can book Food & Wine Festival events early - Disney Visa cardholders can book special events two days earlier than the general public - on July 29 and July 30 from 7:00am-11:00pm EST.
- Tables in Wonderland adds blackout dates for several restaurants - The Tables in Wonderland program offers Florida Residents, DVC members and Annual Passholders 20% off of all food and beverage purchases at the participating Disney restaurants.
- Information on Holiday sleigh rides at Fort Wilderness - This horse-drawn "sleigh" ride is a fun way to celebrate the season.
- Marketplace menus for Epot International Food & Wine Festival - List of menu items for the marketplaces set up around World Showcase.
- Rehab planned in November for Magic Carpets of Aladdin - The Magic Kingdom attraction will be closed 11/10 - 11/21/2014.
- Food & Wine Festival Special Dining Experiences released - Bookings for these experiences begin July 31.
- 10 Places to Wait Out a Thunderstorm at Walt Disney World
- Disney Castaway Cay Challenge added to Princess Half Marathon Weekend - Runners who are registered for any of the Disney races (5K or longer) during the Weekend have the option to complete the Disney Castaway Cay Challenge when sailing on the Disney Dream February 23-27.
- Fantasia Miniature Golf Course rehab planned off and on for the next two weeks - Gardens Course closed 7/22-7/25/2014, 7/28-8/1/2014, 8/4-8/8/2014. The Fairways will still be open.
- Blog - I Can Go The Distance: Deciding is one thing, registering is another
- Save up to 30% on a Room Only reservation at Walt Disney World! - Valid for stays most nights 10/4/14 - 11/25/14 and 11/29/14 - 12/23/14.
- 2015 WDW hotel discount released for U.S. Military - Valid for stays most nights 9/28/14 - 10/3/15.
- All 3 remaining weekends sold out for Harambe Nights - July 26, August 2 and August 9 are sold out.
- Annual passholder discount for Spice Road Table - Through 9/17/14, Annual Passholders can get a 30% discount on their bill.
- 2015 Military Ticket Discount info released - Members of the military can purchase 4-day Magic Your Way tickets with Park Hopper option for $177 each.
- Changes to reservation times for Wishes Dessert Party - Reservations are all being set for 6:00pm, no matter when Wishes is taking place. The dessert party will actually take place one hour before Wishes.
- Frozen Summer Fun Premium package is sold out for all remaining dates - This package gives guests at Frozen Summer Fun Live reserved viewing for several events.
- Wild by Design tour to be discontinued after 9/26/14 - This tour takes place at Disney's Animal Kingdom.
- Fantasy Football Convention coming to ESPN Wide World of Sports - The convention will give attendees access to ESPN talent, a live fantasy football draft and more.
- Blog - Sneak Preview of What's Coming to the 2014 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- Dates and pricing released for ICE! at Gaylord Palms - Using two million pounds of ice, this Gaylord Palms Resort special ticket exhibit will be transformed into the North Pole.
- Blog - Disney's Magical Express Age Limit Changes: A Parent's & Teacher's Perspective
- Blog - Five Reasons Why We're Not Seeing "Planes: Fire & Rescue" in Theaters
- Blog updated - I Just Spent $20 on FastPasses! Would You? - The author has taken the tour she discussed in the blog - check out her thoughts to see if she would do this again!
- Blog - July 2014 Magic Kingdom Construction Update
- Information for Food & Wine Festival special dining experiences - book 7/31 - Premium events will be announced July 24 and can be booked on July 31 beginning at 7:00am EST. To book, call 407-WDW-FEST (939-3378).
- Princess Half Marathon fills in less than 24 hours - The Princess Half Marathon, the Princess Enchanted 10K and the Glass Slipper Challenge are sold out, filling less than 24 hours after registration opened.
- Dolphins at Epcot will be offstage through August 7 - Guests will not be able to see the dolphins at The Seas with Nemo & Friends. The Dolphins in Depth Tour will be unavailable during this time as well.
- Changes in parking due to Downtown Disney Remodel - Speeds in the area will be reduced, as well as lanes closed. Buena Vista Drive will be expanded to 10 lanes.
- Blog - Disney Responds to Disability Access Service Lawsuit
- Walt Disney World 2015 packages now available to book
- High-speed train will link Shanghai Disneyland to city
- "Clyde and Seamore Take Pirate Island" show cancelled at SeaWorld
- PBS plans Walt Disney biopic
- Release date set for 5th Pirates of the Caribbean film
- Man arrested at Typhoon Lagoon for molesting 4 teenage girls
- Standby line to be cut off in Anna and Elsa meet and greet
- Disney's second quarter injury report: 12-year-old boy cuts fingers on Pirates ride
- 30 years in prison for man who molested girl at SeaWorld
- Possible agreement reached between Disney and unions
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 11:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 10:00
9:00 - 8:00
9:00 - 8:00
9:00 - 8:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Animal Kingdom