Downtown Disney - Marketplace
Downtown Disney Resort Area Hotels
Disney Quest | Cirque du Soleil
1780 Buena Vista Drive
PO BOX 10150
Lake Buena Vista, Fl 32830
Changes in parking due to Downtown Disney remodel:
Entrance 4 (between Cirque du Soleil and DisneyQuest) is now closed permanently. The only entrances are Entrance 2 (across from the Hess Station) and Entrance 5 (across from Typhoon Lagoon).
- From Bonnet Creek Parkway to Hotel Plaza Boulevard, speed on Buena Vista Drive will be reduced to 35 mph. There may also be a reduction in the number of lanes available. Buena Vista Drive is being expanded to 10 lanes. These will include dedicated bus lanes and two pedestrian bridges.
- Entrances 2 and 5 will be the only entrances available - across from Typhoon Lagoon and the Hess Station.
- Entrance 1 is closed for inbound traffic. For access to the Marketplace, you'll need to use Entrance 2. Entrance 3 is closed. Ring Road is closed from Planet Hollywood to DisneyQuest. The taxi service that used to be located near Planet Hollywood has been relocated to a section of the parking lot in front of Raglan Road Restaurant.
- Parking lots H, I, J and K are closed. During busy times, the Team Disney parking lot will be open and a shuttle will be provided to Downtown Disney. A parking garage is being constructed in place of the exisiting lots.
- The section of road between AMC Theatres and DisneyQuest will be closed from 10/21/13 until Fall 2014.
- Use Exit 67 from I-4
- Valet parking is available at the Marketplace from 10:00am-1:00am and at West Side from 2:30pm-2:00am. Cost is $20 per vehicle.
Boat transportation is offered daily from 10:30am-11:30pm.
- Red route - water taxi stops at the West Side Dock, Pleasure Island doc, and Marketplace dock
- Yellow route - Sassagoula River Cruise goes to and from Port Orleans French Quarter and Riverside.
- Green route - services the West Side to and from Old Key West.
- Blue route - services the West Side to and from Saratoga Springs Resort
- Photo Gallery
- Downtown Disney Marketplace Shopping
- Downtown Disney Marketplace Dining
- Downtown Disney Marketplace Recreation
- Downtown Disney Marketplace Map
Remodel coming - Disney Springs
Downtown Disney will be renamed Disney Springs and will consist of several different neighborhoods, featuring more than 150 stores, restaurants and entertainment locations. The neighborhoods will be named The Town Center, The Landing, The West Side, and The Marketplace. Each neighborhood will have a distinct feel, with the current West Side and Marketplace basically retaining their current layouts.
As Disney tradition goes, the area will have a backstory explaining the history. The idea is that the town grew up around a spring, and guests will be able to see the evolution in the environment as the town has grown and changed. This spring is what will connect the neighborhoods along the waterfront.
Read more about Disney Springs here. Construction should be completed in 2016.
If you're looking to shop for all things "Disney" or just want a break from the theme parks, the Marketplace is a terrific destination. There's a great selection of shops and restaurants located here. All of the Walt Disney World resorts offer transportation to Downtown Disney.
The best time to visit Downtown Disney is during the day. As evening approaches, be prepared for crowds, particularly on weekends. Operating hours for the common areas at Downtown Disney Marketplace are 8:00 am - 1:00 am.
This crystal specialty shop offers a wide variety of unique gifts. It's a bit off the beaten track, located between Team Mickey and Basin. Skilled craftsmen work on various pieces in view of guests. A wide variety of items can be personalized.
The Art of Disney
Whether you're a collector of Disney Memorabilia and artwork or not, this Downtown Disney shop is worth a visit. There's a vast collection of limited edition Sericels, lithographs, original paintings, sculptures, collectible figurines including the Walt Disney Classics Collection, crystal, Lenox, etc. The range of prices makes this appealing to both the serious collector and those wanting something special on a modest budget.
Basin - Bath & Facial Products
This is a bit off the beaten path and towards the rear of the World of Disney store. Featuring natural skin and bath products. There are wonderful hand cut soaps, bath crystals and salts, shampoo bars, scented candles, etc. Visitors are encouraged to try out the products with the testers found throughout the shop. This shop can be potent with all the varieties of smells.
For all those little girls dreaming of being a Disney Princess,
this latest addition to the World of Disney is the perfect
fit. More of a salon than a store, there are 10 salon stations
where girls can get their hair, nails and makeup done. A second Boutique is located at Cinderellla's Castle in the Magic Kingdom.
Reservations are strongly recommended.
The number to call is: 407-WDW-STYLE.
- Coach Package: Hair style and shimmering makeup - $54.95
- Crown Package: Hair style, shimmering makeup and nails - $59.95
- Courtyard Package: Exclusive Courtyard hairstyling, shimmering makeup, face gem, princess sash and tote, nail polish, Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique t-shrit, trendy tutu - $94.95
- Castle Package: Hair style, shimmering makeup and nails plus full Princess costume with accessories and photo package (one 6x8 and four 4x6 pix) - starting at $189.95
- The Knight Package:Hair styling with colored gel and confetti, plus a sword and shield - $15.95
- Sofia the First Package: hair style, shimmering makeup, nail polish, crown, hair bow and accessories - $64.95 (not available at the Magic Kingdom location)
- Can add an Imaging Package to any of the above packages: one 6x8" and four 4x6" photos is a special photo holder - $32.95 (plus tax)
With the addition of the Boutique, there's been an expansion of Princess merchandise.
The Days of Christmas is a must see shop at anytime of the year, but make certain that you visit during the Holiday season. You can find a wide variety of Disney character ornaments, Santa hats and Christmas stockings. The more collectible items include the Disney Village pieces, Christopher Radko ornaments, Disney Railroad Train Sets, Snowbabies, and the Walt Disney World Showcase Collection. This store has an extensive selection of Christmas movies and books, including The Polar Express and Jolly Old Santa Clause. The traditional glass Mickey head, in an array of colors and themes, can be personalized for just $3.00 per word. Holiday goodies such as cocoa, coffee, cookies and peppermint bark are also found here. If you celebrate the Festival of Lights check out the Disney Hanukkah decorations and the large selection of blue and white ornaments. The small section of non-Disney ornaments includes glass Santas, snowmen, birds, the Fleur de lis, and Christmas pickles. Decorations for Thanksgiving, Halloween, and Easter can also be found here seasonally.
Design, customize and personalize your own Hanes tee shirt. This store has several large user friendly computers that will walk you through the entire design process. First you choose the size and and the color of the shirt you want. Depending on the size you choose, the variety of color may be limited. Then your select your art from several Disney categories, such as Celebrations, Characters, Princesses, Tinker Bell, Pirates, Pixar, Disney Films, and Holidays. The final step in the design process is personalizing your tee with custom text. There are several fonts, styles, and colors that you can choose from. When you're done you print out your ticket, pay, and then come back in about 30 minutes to pick it up.
Disney's Pin Traders
This open air shop is where you'll find almost every Disney pin imaginable. There are hundreds of pins displayed by themes as well as Limited Editions. Pin trading sessions are also hosted here. Even if you're not into collecting pins, it's always fun to look through the selection of pins. Pins are an inexpensive souvenir.
Ghirardelli Soda Fountain & Chocolate Shop
When you walk in the door of this little shop, you are hit with the amazing smell of chocolate! You can't help but enjoy browsing the selection of delicious chocolate. If you can't wait till you get home to sample, order a treat from the soda fountain - a great cool snack in the Florida heat!
Goofy's Candy Company
A fantastic interactive candy shop that's certain to satisfy your sweet tooth. Whether or not you have a sweet tooth, you have to visit Goofy's Candy Company in the Downtown Disney Marketplace. Its so much more than a candy store. It's bright and colorful, as you'd expect. There are rows and rows of self serve bins where you can get treats at $2.98 a quarter pound. (A limited selection of sugar free candies are available.) There are pre-packaged candies and novelties for sale as well as glass displays filled with tempting confections. Click here for details.
Sun-Thurs 10:00am-11:00pm, Fri and Sat 10:00am-11:30pm
Inside the marketplace are six new shops offering specialty products. The new shops are:
Beautifully Disney - makeup, fragrance and beauty accessories
Cherry Tree Lane - scarves, shoes, bags, watches and jewelry. Dooney & Bourke, as well as Vera Bradley bags will be carried here.
D-Tech on Demand - personalize and customize your own electronic accessories
The Trophy Room - vintage inspired, lifestyle sports apparel and collectibles
Centerpiece - home products with a hint of Disney. Find glassware, coasters, pillows and more, based on Disney attractions.
Zoey and Pickles - girls' clothes
Some of the items are available online here: DisneyStore.com/MarketplaceCoOp
|Marketplace Fun Finds
Located next to Little Miss Matched, this shop offers some great values. Everything is less than $25 and is a great place to pick up some gifts and souvenirs.
This store features Mickey-themed culinary items, such as dinnerware, waffle irons, and coffee mugs. A recent addition to Mickey's Pantry is a section called "The Spice & Tea Exchange". This is a collection of
a variety of spices, teas, sea salts, rice, platters and 12 naturally infused organic sugars.
Once Upon a Toy Store
This store is for the child and the child at heart. The exterior appears to be constructed out of Lincoln Logs and Tinker Toys. Every Disney themed toy imaginable is featured here. There are incredible displays including the Monorail system in miniature. All of Disney's DVDs currently available for sale can be found here. In addition to an extensive display, there's a binder that contains the full listing of 300+ titles.
A Star Wars Droid Factory building station can be found here as well. Customize your very own R2D2-like droid action figure.
Rainforest Cafe Shop - Adjacent to the Rainforest Cafe. A full line of Rainforest themed merchandise including clothing, mugs, jewelry, private label condiments, postcards, toys, candy, mugs, etc.
Tren-D, at the Downtown Disney Marketplace is just that, trendy! All of the merchandise for sale here is chic, hip, and often eco-friendly. Disney hit a home run with this store which offers Disney Couture clothing and handbags, Tarina Tarantino and Judith Jack jewelry, and earth friendly candy wrapper purses. They carry cool Mickey t-shirts along with clothing from Roxy, Element, Billabong and Lucy Love. You will also find Wicked Wahine lotions and perfumes, Swan Creek candles, and H2O bath products. The hottest item in the store would have to be the seatbelt purses by Harvey for Disney Couture. These handbags are made from reclaimed seatbelts and covered with Mickey Mouse comic strips. The Pop inspired artwork that covers the walls, ceiling and columns is all original and unfortunately not for sale. If you choose to try on your selections, Edna ‘E’ Mode, is on the wall next to the dressing rooms to let you know that you look marvelous. The décor alone makes a stop here a must do for every female Disney fan.
Wonderful World of Memories - This is the place for scrapbookers to stock up on Disney-themed craft supplies, stationary and photo albums.
World of Disney - This is the ultimate Disney Character store. You'll find themed sections throughout the 50,000 square foot shop:
- Magic Room: Photo frames, towels, snowglobes.
- Princess Experience Room: Princess outfits, dolls, accessories, toys and the Bibbidi, Bobbidi Boutique where your little girl can be transformed into a Disney Princess
- Enchanted Dining Room: Kitchen items, mugs and photo frames
- Adventure Room : Clothing for boys
- Villains Room: Jewelry, watches, clocks, trading pins and collectibles
- Map Room: Computer software, CDs, stationery and Disney souvenirs featuring pens, pencils, magnets, key chains, etc
- Carnival Room: Plush toys
- Bird Room: Men's clothing
- Snow White Room: Infant/toddler clothing and accessories
- Great Hall: Women's clothing, sleepwear and accessories
World of Disney KIDS - Formerly Pooh's Corner, now offering a wide assortment of merchandise including clothing, plush toys and collectibles. This shop is located opposite the Days of Christmas.
You'll also find kiosks featuring the Balzac line of balloons, caricature artists, hair wraps, create-your-own keepsakes, pick-a-pearl, woodcarving and leather goods.
Annual/Seasonal Passholder discount accepted. (Certain restrictions may apply)
Starbucks Now Open
This walk-up kiosk is open 8:00am - midnight in front of World of Disney. Starbucks beverages and baked goods are available.
One of the two Rainforest Cafe's that are located at Disney. The other is found at the Animal Kingdom Theme Park.
This chain restaurant features animatronic wildlife and a "thunderstorm" that occurs every 22 minutes. The sights and sounds place you in the middle of a tropical rainforest. There's an amazing saltwater fish tank with vibrant tropical fish, as well as waterfalls and banyan trees.
The menu is fairly standard with seafood, steak, sandwiches. salads and pasta. The children's menu includes mac & cheese, burgers and mini-hot dogs.
There's a large bar under a 38 foot "Magic Mushroom." It's a great spot to relax and unwind while enjoying one of their specialty drinks. A retail shop is located here that offers Rainforest themed merchandise.
Annual/Seasonal Passholder discount accepted. (Certain restrictions may apply)
A "quick service" version of the popular Wolfgang Puck Restaurant at Downtown Disney West Side. Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Breakfast: Wood-fired breakfast pizzas, French toast, pancakes, waffles, fruit, cereal, omelets, bagels, muffins, pastries, coffee, juice.
Lunch/Dinner: Wood-fired pizzas, salads, soups, sandwiches, rotisserie chicken. Ice cream, cookies and assorted items from Puck's Pantry, and beverages.
Moderate pricing and a great spot to enjoy an above average counter service meal.
Annual/Seasonal Passholder discount accepted. (Certain restrictions may apply)
Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Freshly prepared sandwiches with specialty sauces and spreads. Salads, wraps, pre-made "Grab 'n Go" selection. Also offering a selection of turnovers, scones, cookies, brownies and ice cream sandwiches. Menu
Beverage offerings include beer, soft drinks, smoothies, juice, tea and their trademark Earl's Grey Lemonade. Counter service with inside seating. Another Marketplace "gem" for a reasonably priced meal.There's a selection of merchandise for sale.
Kiosks offering Margaritas, snacks, soft drinks, smoothies, specialty coffee drinks are located throughout the Marketplace
- Blog - Dole Whips are back at the Polynesian Village Resort at the new and disappointing Pineapple Lanai
- Shortened monorail operating hours now in place - The monorail will have a different operating schedule than normal as an automation upgrade takes place.
- Blog - The Good and Bad of "Toy Story of TERROR!" on Blu-ray
- American Idol Experience is now closed at Disney's Hollywood Studios - This attraction closed August 30, 2014. No definitive plans have been announced for this space.
- VIDEO: Oogie Boogie's Freaky Funhouse Show at Villains Unleashed - Oogie Boogie's Freaky Funhouse Show at Villains Unleashed brings Vegas to Walt Disney World. Villains Unleashed took over Disney's Hollywood Studios on August 23, 2014 and part of the hard ticket event was Oogie Boogie's Freak Funhouse Show. Oogie Boogie hosts the show that features a sword-swallowing act, daredevil archery and a finale full of fire!
- Refurb closures planned for Walt Disney World water parks - Typhoon Lagoon will be closed 10/26/14-1/3/15 and Blizzard Beach will be closed 1/4/15-3/14/15.
- Top 5 Signature Dining Experiences at the Walt Disney World Resorts - 1,600 listeners and viewers of our DIS Unplugged web-cast voted on their favorite signature restaurants at the Walt Disney World resort hotels.
- Blog - The Top 5 Underutilized Spaces at Walt Disney World
- Starbucks will open at Hollywood Studios in February 2015 - The Trolley Car Cafe will be located along Hollywood Boulevard and be themed like a trolley car station. Disney baked goods and Starbucks La Boulange pastry items will be available. An exact location hasn't been announced.
- VIDEO - Frozen Fireworks Multi-Angle Full Show - “Frozen” Fireworks Spectacular – Everything wraps up at 9:45 p.m. when Anna, Elsa, Kristoff, and Olaf come together at the Sorcerer’s Hat Icon Stage for a grand finale to the day’s festivities, kicking off an awe-inspiring fireworks display set to the glorious music of “Frozen!”
- VIDEO: Star-Lord & Gamora from 'Guardians of the Galaxy' at Villains Unleashed - Peter Quill, aka Star-Lord, and Gamora made their first appearance ever at the Guardians of the Galaxy Awesome Mix Tape Vol. 1 Dance Party during the Villains Unleashed event at Disney's Hollywood Studios.
- Mikala Canoe Club Marina at Polynesian to be closed for refurb - The marina will be closed 9/15 - 9/19/2014. Sail boat/motorized boats and fishing excursions will not be available.
- Entrance 4 to Downtown Disney's parking lot now closed - Entrance 4 (between Cirque du Soleil and DisneyQuest) is now closed permanently. The only entrances are Entrance 2 (across from the Hess Station) and Entrance 5 (across from Typhoon Lagoon).
- VIDEO: Villains Unleashed Opening Ceremony - Villains Unleashed kicked off at Disney's Hollywood Studios with an opening ceremony hosted by Hades, Pain, Panic and Megara from Hercules. Once the stars of the night took the stage they introduced some of the 50 Disney Villains guests could meet at the special hard ticket event.
- VIDEO: Villains Unleashed Event Overview - Over 50 Disney villains took over Disney's Hollywood Studios for the Villains Unleashed Event.
- Times updated for events at Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party - The Party is a specially ticketed event at the Magic Kingdom that begins September 1.
- Villains' Sinister Soiree add-on available for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party - This special add-on will give guests preferred viewing for Mickey's Boo to You Halloween Parade (8:15pm) and the Happy HalloWishes fireworks show. Lady Tremaine will host a dessert soiree at Cinderella's Royal Table Restaurant for you and some of her friends.
- 5 Elements from the Disney Parks that You'll Find on a Disney Cruise Ship - You have been to the Disney Parks, and you love them. You keep going back for that pixie-dust rush. You can’t imagine a vacation apart from Disney Parks, yet somehow the “old and familiar” is getting a bit old and familiar. This is where the Disney Cruise Line enters. It’s a Disney vacation of a different variety. The dissimilarities are a bit obvious. You’re on a ship in the ocean, visiting foreign places. This is nothing like being landlocked in a park, surrounded by coasters and kiosks. So what can you expect from the Disney Parks to carry over to your cruise?
- Blog - "Villains Unleashed" needs leashing up - Disney's overcrowded hard ticket event leaves guests in long lines most of the night
- Mickey's PhilharMagic refurb extended - The end date has been moved from September 19 to the 28th. The attraction will go down September 8.
- Enchanted Tiki Room going down for refurb in late September - The Magic Kingdom attraction will be closed from 9/27 - 10/3/2014.
- Two Epcot New Year's Eve dining events released - More New Year's Eve events are yet to be released.
- Blog - Beyond Aulani
- Updated operating schedule for monorails - The monorail will have a different operating schedule than normal as an automation upgrade takes place.
- Charging stations for electric vehicles added to Epcot parking lot - Disney has added four Level 2 ChargePoint charging stations to the Journey parking lot at Epcot. Electric vehicles will be charged $.35 per kw/h, with a minimum charge of $1.50.
- Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party tickets sold out on 10/31/14 - Tickets are still available for all other dates.
- New Move it! Shake it! Dance and Play it! Street Party to debut at Magic Kingdom this fall - Stitch and Phineas & Ferb will join the party and Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Goofy will ride on top of giant gift boxes. The soundtrack will feature remixed classic party songs and guests will vote for one of three current hits to be played.
- VIDEO: What's New at Aulani - Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa has many new offerings. Quick service at Ulu Cafe, kids splash zone at Keiki Cove, two new pools, and much more.
- MagicBands can now be purchased without ticket media - The bands are now available for purchase across property.
- Changes to boat schedules at Downtown Disney - Schedules have been changing recently due to construction.
- Blog - The Good and Bad of the "Muppets Most Wanted" Blu-ray
- Ultimate Day VIP Tour available at Epcot Food & Wine Festival - This daylong tour begins at the Festival Center's VIP Lounge and includes champagne, a beverage tasting, six-course tapas-style lunch, wine, private backstage tours, time on Epcot attractions, food and beverage pairings with Disney chefs, VIP seating at the Eat to the Beat Concert Series, and reserved seating for IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth fireworks spectacular.
- Blog - New Golden Oak Outpost Menu is Waffle Fry Heaven
- Sunrise Safari at Animal Kingdom ending 12/28/14 - This tour is exclusive to Animal Kingdom Lodge Kilimanjaro Club Level guests.
- American Idol Experience to close August 30 - No plans have been announced for the space.
- Florida residents save $40 on Cirque du Soleil tickets - Through September and October, Florida residents will save $40 on adult Cirque du Soleil tickets purchased at the box office.
- VIDEO: The Refurbished Capt. Cook's at Polynesian Resort - After a long refurbishment, Capt. Cook's has reopened at the Polynesian Village Resort. Major changes include artwork in the seating area, a new menu, no more ordering off of touch screens and the tragic loss of the Dole Whip self-serve machine.
- American Film Institute at the end of Backlot Tour to close - As of August 17, the American Film Institute Showcase exhibit at the end of the ride will be closed. This exhibit features props and costumes from various films. The gift shop will also close.
- D23 Expo 2015 tickets are now on sale - Tickets for next year's D23 Expo are now on sale. The D23 Expo will be held August 14-16, 2015 at the Anaheim Convention Center.
- Blog - Polynesian Resort's Capt. Cook's quick service restaurant reopens after refurbishment
- Golden Oak Outpost now serving specialty waffle fries - This walk-up stand is located on the backside of Frontierland on the walkway to Adventureland.
- Tower of Terror On-ride videos available with Memory Maker - After riding The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, a video of the guest's ride will be added to their My Disney Experience account. This video is only available to guests who have purchased Memory Maker.
- Win a 2 Night / 3 Day stay at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin! - Answer 3 questions about the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin on our contest page for a chance to WIN!
- Great Irish Hooley Festival to be held at Downtown Disney - "Hooley" is Irish slang for party or celebration. Celebrate with food, drink and dancing.
- Update coming to My Disney Experience - make dining reservations 20 minutes in advance - A new update will allow guests to make same day dining reservations only 20 minutes in advance.
- Performance times updated for Night of Joy - Disney’s Night of Joy is a hard-ticket event at the Magic Kingdom that features contemporary Christian performers.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Polynesian Resort Lobby - Lobby Waterfall - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at the Polynesian Resort.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Continues to Materialize
- Refurb scheduled this winter for the Haunted Mansion - The attraction will be closed from 12/1 - 12/19/14.
- It's Tough to be a Bug refurb extended until 9/27 - This attraction was originally scheduled to reopen August 11, but will instead stay closed through September 27.
- Yankee Trader shop refurb extended through December - The shop is becoming a Haunted Mansion gift shop.
- Disney and unions argue about extra shift distribution policy
- Polynesian Resort opens new Dole Whip location
- Popular EPCOT acts to depart this Fall
- Wet 'n Wild employee trapped in pool; now in critical condition
- Star Wars mobile game app released by Disney
- Disney contract approved by part-time employees
- Citation banning whale trainers from water will not be appealed by SeaWorld
- Disney cancels 2014 Festival of the Masters art show
- Radio Disney to shut down stations and lay off employees
- Disney proposes new contract for part-time employees
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 7:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 9:30
9:00 - 6:00
10:00 - 6:00
10:00 - 6:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Animal Kingdom
Extra Magic Hour Evening: Hollywood Studios