Downtown Disney Shopping
Downtown Disney Resort Area Hotels
Disney Quest | Cirque du Soleil
Goofy's Candy Company
Whether or not you have a sweet tooth, you have to visit Goofy's Candy Company in the Downtown Disney Marketplace. Its so much more than a candy store.
It's bright and colorful, as you'd expect. There are rows and rows of self serve bins where you can get treats at $2.98 a quarter pound. (A limited selection of sugar free candies are available.)
There are pre-packaged candies and novelties for sale as well as glass displays filled with tempting confections.
What sets Goofy's Candy Company apart is that you can create your own snack. You get an order slip and choose one of the following as your base:
Apple - $5.50
Rice Krispie Treat - $3.00
3 Pretzel Rods - $3.50
4 Marshmallows - $2.50
Gingerbread Cookies - $3.50
Included in the price is a coating and your choice of toppings. To start, you can have your treat dipped in Caramel, Milk Chocolate or Dark Chocolate.
The Topping choices are: Assorted Sprinkles, Mini M&M's, Peanut Butter Chips, Chopped Peanuts, Chopped Pecans, Chopped Walnuts, Sliced Almonds, Cinnamon and Sugar, Dark and White Chocolate Chips, Crushed Oreo Cookie Crumbs, Crushed Butterfingers, Reese's Pieces, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, Trail Mix, Coconut. You get one topping free,additional toppings are $1.00 each.
You can select a Drizzle: Milk Chocolate, White Chocolate, Dark Chocolate.
You turn your order in at the counter and your one of a kind treat is freshly prepared. Once its done, your name is called and you can enjoy your special snack.
If you're thirsty for a slushie and want a unique souvenir, get the "Build-A-Cup" over at Goofy's Glaciers. For $8.00 you get a hat and feet. You can choose from Stitch, Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Princess, or you can mix and match.
You take your hat/shoe pieces to the counter where you can purchase a cup with your choice of slushie for $3.69. The cup is fitted in the feet, the hat is popped on top, a straw is plunked in and you're all set! Refills are $3.00.
For those of you with dietary restrictions, it wasn't easy but I did spot a very limited number of sugar free selections. You may want to ask where they are to save time looking at row after row of candies.
While I resisted temptation, I'm glad that I stopped in to see it. Disney has found a new way to bring a smile to your day.
- 2015 WDW hotel discount released for U.S. Military - Valid for stays most nights 9/28/14 - 10/3/15.
- All 3 remaining weekends sold out for Harambe Nights - July 26, August 2 and August 9 are sold out.
- Annual passholder discount for Spice Road Table - Through 9/17/14, Annual Passholders can get a 30% discount on their bill.
- 2015 Military Ticket Discount info released - Members of the military can purchase 4-day Magic Your Way tickets with Park Hopper option for $177 each.
- Changes to reservation times for Wishes Dessert Party - Reservations are all being set for 6:00pm, no matter when Wishes is taking place. The dessert party will actually take place one hour before Wishes.
- Frozen Summer Fun Premium package is sold out for all remaining dates - This package gives guests at Frozen Summer Fun Live reserved viewing for several events.
- Wild by Design tour to be discontinued after 9/26/14 - This tour takes place at Disney's Animal Kingdom.
- Fantasy Football Convention coming to ESPN Wide World of Sports - The convention will give attendees access to ESPN talent, a live fantasy football draft and more.
- Blog - Sneak Preview of What's Coming to the 2014 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- Dates and pricing released for ICE! at Gaylord Palms - Using two million pounds of ice, this Gaylord Palms Resort special ticket exhibit will be transformed into the North Pole.
- Blog - Disney's Magical Express Age Limit Changes: A Parent's & Teacher's Perspective
- Blog - Five Reasons Why We're Not Seeing "Planes: Fire & Rescue" in Theaters
- Blog updated - I Just Spent $20 on FastPasses! Would You? - The author has taken the tour she discussed in the blog - check out her thoughts to see if she would do this again!
- Blog - July 2014 Magic Kingdom Construction Update
- Information for Food & Wine Festival special dining experiences - book 7/31 - Premium events will be announced July 24 and can be booked on July 31 beginning at 7:00am EST. To book, call 407-WDW-FEST (939-3378).
- Princess Half Marathon fills in less than 24 hours - The Princess Half Marathon, the Princess Enchanted 10K and the Glass Slipper Challenge are sold out, filling less than 24 hours after registration opened.
- Dolphins at Epcot will be offstage through August 7 - Guests will not be able to see the dolphins at The Seas with Nemo & Friends. The Dolphins in Depth Tour will be unavailable during this time as well.
- Changes in parking due to Downtown Disney Remodel - Speeds in the area will be reduced, as well as lanes closed. Buena Vista Drive will be expanded to 10 lanes.
- Blog - Disney Responds to Disability Access Service Lawsuit
- Disney's second quarter injury report: 12-year-old boy cuts fingers on Pirates ride
- 30 years in prison for man who molested girl at SeaWorld
- Possible agreement reached between Disney and unions
- Disney's CEO Bob Iger honored as CEO of the Year by Chief Executive magazine
- Trattoria al Forno to replace Cat Cora's Kouzzina at Disney World
- Technical glitch causes Universal's Transformers ride to stall
- Report: Monorail evacuated after lightning strike
- Military resource support group launches for Disney cast members
- Magic Kingdom guest got tips of fingers cut off on Pirates of the Caribbean
- Elizabeth Mitchell cast on Once Upon A Time
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 1:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 10:00
9:00 - 8:00
9:00 - 8:00
9:00 - 8:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Animal Kingdom