Downtown Disney Shopping
Downtown Disney Resort Area Hotels
Disney Quest | Cirque du Soleil
Goofy's Candy Company
Whether or not you have a sweet tooth, you have to visit Goofy's Candy Company in the Downtown Disney Marketplace. Its so much more than a candy store.
It's bright and colorful, as you'd expect. There are rows and rows of self serve bins where you can get treats at $2.98 a quarter pound. (A limited selection of sugar free candies are available.)
There are pre-packaged candies and novelties for sale as well as glass displays filled with tempting confections.
What sets Goofy's Candy Company apart is that you can create your own snack. You get an order slip and choose one of the following as your base:
Apple - $5.50
Rice Krispie Treat - $3.00
3 Pretzel Rods - $3.50
4 Marshmallows - $2.50
Gingerbread Cookies - $3.50
Included in the price is a coating and your choice of toppings. To start, you can have your treat dipped in Caramel, Milk Chocolate or Dark Chocolate.
The Topping choices are: Assorted Sprinkles, Mini M&M's, Peanut Butter Chips, Chopped Peanuts, Chopped Pecans, Chopped Walnuts, Sliced Almonds, Cinnamon and Sugar, Dark and White Chocolate Chips, Crushed Oreo Cookie Crumbs, Crushed Butterfingers, Reese's Pieces, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, Trail Mix, Coconut. You get one topping free,additional toppings are $1.00 each.
You can select a Drizzle: Milk Chocolate, White Chocolate, Dark Chocolate.
You turn your order in at the counter and your one of a kind treat is freshly prepared. Once its done, your name is called and you can enjoy your special snack.
If you're thirsty for a slushie and want a unique souvenir, get the "Build-A-Cup" over at Goofy's Glaciers. For $8.00 you get a hat and feet. You can choose from Stitch, Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Princess, or you can mix and match.
You take your hat/shoe pieces to the counter where you can purchase a cup with your choice of slushie for $3.69. The cup is fitted in the feet, the hat is popped on top, a straw is plunked in and you're all set! Refills are $3.00.
For those of you with dietary restrictions, it wasn't easy but I did spot a very limited number of sugar free selections. You may want to ask where they are to save time looking at row after row of candies.
While I resisted temptation, I'm glad that I stopped in to see it. Disney has found a new way to bring a smile to your day.
- Inaugural Disney Fit Challenge to be held in September - Competitions will include tests of power, speed, balance, strength and endurance.
- Blog - A Shopping Oasis: Merchandise at Disney's Flower & Garden Festival
- Pollo Campero at Downtown Disney will be closing 3/19/14 - Pollo Campero, Bodie's All-American Grill and Babycakes NYC will be closing 3/19/14. Babycakes NYC will still be providing gluten-free items to select Walt Disney World food courts and restaurants.
- Blog - 2014 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival opens in Epcot
- Registration for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon opens today - This race is held in conjunction with the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Materializes in Disney Parks
- New dates for D23's Destination D - The event will be held November 22-23, 2014.
- 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon dates - Registration for the 2015 marathon begins 4/22/14.
- Blog - A Brit's Perspective - Changing of the Seasons at the Orlando theme parks
- Rebel Rendezvous merchandise event planned for Star Wars Weekends - Attendees will receive exclusive access to Darth's Mall a day before it opens to the public.
- Blog - A February Stroll through the Magic Kingdom
- Walt Disney World restaurants add Braille menus - Beginning March 1, select restaurants will be adding Braille menus, though a list of participating restaurants is not yet available. The Braille menus will have examples of the menu items but may not list all the short term or temporary items.
- Family Ticket offer - get one free day! - Get one FREE additional day on each ticket when you buy 6 or more 4-day or longer Magic Your Way tickets!
- Blog - Disney's Polynesian Resort is Changing in a Big Way
- Just announced! Festival of Fantasy parade will debut March 9! - This parade will run daily in the afternoons at the Magic Kingdom.
- Celebrate Earth Day at Disney's Animal Kingdom - The park is also celebrating the release of Disneynature's newest film Bears, which hits theaters April 18.
- Car Masters Weekend to be held at Downtown Disney - This event takes place June 14-15.
- Walt Disney World ticket prices increase - Ticket prices have gone up effective today, Sunday, February 23.
- Mighty St. Patrick's Day Festival planned for Downtown Disney - Downtown Disney celebrates St. Patrick's Day with live music, a step-by-step Irish jig workshop, classic Irish food and drink, Irish storytellers, Irish history and merchandise at Raglan Road's Shop.
- Star Wars Weekends - extra weekend added, plus Hyperspace Hoopla cancelled - A nightly fireworks show has been added instead of the Hyperspace Hoopla party.
- Major staff cuts at Disney Interactive
- Blackfish director denies receiving confidential information
- Hank Wiliams Jr. and Alabama to perform at SeaWorld
- Universal Orlando parking garage closed for suspicious vehicle
- SeaWorld calls for investigation of OSHA inspector
- Preview of food items for Wizarding World of Harry Potter expansion
- Disney announces theme parks will stay open for 24-hour party
- Magic Kingdom Hub Expansion Announced
- Disney Cruise Line takes top honors from Cruise Critic members
- Scotty McCreery and Steve Miller Band to perform at SeaWorld Orlando
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 1:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 10:00
8:00 - 8:00
10:00 - 5:00
10:00 - 5:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Animal Kingdom
Extra Magic Hour Evening: Magic Kingdom