The forums are a part of Pete Werner's Unofficial Online Guide to Disney World (http://www.wdwinfo.com), also known as "The DIS". The site is owned and operated by Werner Technologies, LLC., and has no affiliations with the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries.
The DIS is designed is to give Disney fans a place to share their experiences with each other, and to assist each other in planning Disney vacations. We welcome visitors of all ages and it is our number one goal to keep the DIS friendly, fun and informative. With this in mind, we have created guidelines that will keep the DIS a site that anyone can enjoy whether they're a child or "child at heart."
The following guidelines/rules are in effect for our message boards:
For sale ads are strictly prohibited on any of the DISboards. Anyone posting such ads will have their post deleted. This same policy applies to links to your ebay/auction listings . "For sale" posts includes requests for donations (see below). In addition, "Vote for me" posts are not permitted on the DIS. This includes requests for support in an online contest, sweepstakes, lottery or other event designed to yield personal gain.
Simply put, don't use swear words and don't post or link to suggestive or inappropriate photos. The boards are equipped with censoring software. If you try to use a profanity, it will be filtered and appear as all asterisks. Please don't get creative in an attempt to bypass the filters. This is considered the same as using the word itself and will result in an infraction. If you post or link to pornography, you'll be banned from our site.
From time to time our members ask to post information about a fund raiser or other support event for charity. If you are participating in or wish to promote a charitable event, please email the webmaster at email@example.com for permission first. We only allow posts that are in support of registered non-profit organizations and donations must be made directly to the organization in question via the internet. No requests for cash, money orders, checks or items to an individual, or personal address will be permitted. All such requests must be approved by the webmaster PRIOR to being posted. We're sorry, but requests for school/sports fund raisers are not permitted.
While we'd like to think that a Disney fan site is always lighthearted, there are times when there are disagreements. Let's face it, there are certain topics that can transform any of us into a raging "Donald Duck." When you sense this is happening, we ask that you step away from the discussion before it escalates into a fight. Just like Mom always said about fighting, we don't care who started the argument and we don't want it on the DIS. (Okay, she didn't say the part about the DIS, but you know what we mean.) No attacking others and no sarcasm please. Either will result in an infraction
Because of the large number of complaints of personal attacks related to these subjects and inability for many people to keep a civilized conversation when discussing these hot-button topics, politics and religion will no longer be appropriate topics on our forums. Political or religion based posts or threads will be removed, and repeated violations of this rule can result in an infraction.
The types of posts that we like to see on the DIS are those that everyone can participate in and benefit from. When a post is intended for an individual, it creates a problem and can be very awkward for both the person you're publicly contacting as well as others. Did you know that you can easily get in touch with almost anyone via the DIS Private Message system? Simply click on the name of the person and you should see a link for sending them a private message and/or email. If you come across a situation where the person has blocked these options, we're sorry, but you still can't use the boards to get in touch.
The advertisers/sponsors who you see on the DIS are carefully chosen. While we welcome discussion of them as well as other businesses that you have information or questions about, if it's determined that you are using the DIS to promote a commercial venture, you will lose your posting privileges. This includes choosing a username that refers to your business, organization, or website. In addition, links to the company's website will be blocked. Also note that we do not want the boards to be used for solicitations or for requesting referrals. Requests for advertising can be directed to Corey@wdwinfo.com for consideration.
Each of the DIS boards focuses on a specific topic. Please look the choices over before posting on the wrong board. For instance, you don't want to ask about park hours on the Restaurants Board or tell everyone about your stay at the
The DIS has a wonderful group of Moderators who have volunteered to assist our visitors and monitor the boards. Part of their responsibilities are ensuring that our guidelines are followed which may require that a thread is edited, deleted, closed or moved. If these decisions impact you, we ask that you respect them. Should you have any questions, please direct them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any discussion about a Moderating decision that takes place on the boards could result in an infraction.
You are welcome to link to your web site on our boards provided that a) you are not promoting a commercial service or for-profit venture, b) you don't post primarily to promote your site and c) that you place a return link on the home page of your web site. Before posting a link to another site, we ask that you please first check to see if the same information is available on www.wdwinfo.com.
Links in your signature to other websites must be in plain text, as in this example: (www.myexample.com). Any bolding or embellishment will be considered advertising, and is not permitted. For more information on advertising in the signature area click here.
As mentioned above, the DIS is all about planning a Disney vacation. On occasion, Disney does release discounts which usually can be obtained via a code. This information will be available in our Discounts section. However, Disney also sends mailings to specific individuals/target groups which contain a discount that can only be obtained with a PIN (personal identification number.) If you receive one of these offers, please do not share your PIN/Code on the DIS for others to use. We respect the fact that these offers are not for the general public and will remove any posts that include this information. Understand that this action is for your protection. For example, say you use Mrs. Smith's code. When you check in and are asked to produce proof that you are Mrs. Smith and cannot do so, you will be charged the full rate.
- Your signature will be limited in length. Our forum software will do this automatically and anything over the allowed length will be cut off.
- You will be limited to a total of 25 images and "smilies". The forum software will handle this automatically.
- All content and links must meet DIS board posting guidelines. Signatures have the same content rules as any post on the boards.
- We reserve the right to remove or modify signatures that cause issues with the boards or slow page loading. Please make sure any images in your signature are hosted on a reliable site. Any signature that contains malicious or harmful code will be removed immediately and the poster
- You may include your eBay or Etsy username in your signature, in plain text, as in this example: (eBay: myeBayname etsy: myetsyname)
Any bolding, linking or additional description or embellishment will be considered advertising, and is not permitted.
If you have any questions or need help please visit our Tech Support Board
The DIS guidelines are an important part in keeping the site family friendly. While the majority of our visitors abide by our rules, there are times when problems develop. In order to handle these issues consistently and fairly, we have developed an infraction system.
As you can see, the infractions have different point values. The majority of offenses will result in a warning via private message accompanied by infraction points which will expire according to schedule. Providing that you do not accumulate more points during that time, no further action should be needed. The more serious violations will result in additional penalties or an immediate banning.
If you do incur an infraction, you will be notified. If you wish to question or appeal this decision, please keep in mind that your correspondence is subject to the same regulations. At any time you may contact the board administration at email@example.com.
There may be times where a situation develops that is not covered in our infraction system. For those cases we reserve the right to take whatever action is needed in order to ensure that our guidelines are followed.
Argumentative Sarcastic Posts
|Unapproved Advertisement||20||15 Day(s)|
|Minor Personal Attack||20||15 Day(s)|
|Political/Religious Comment||20||15 Day(s)|
|Inappropriate Link||30||30 Day(s)|
|Filter Violation||30||30 Day(s)|
|Restarting a closed thread||30||30 Day(s)|
|Major Personal Attack||40||30 Day(s)|
|Attack on a moderator||60||30 Day(s)|
|Registered to Spam||100||Never|
|Posting under another user name while banned||100||Never|
The DIS is a privately owned web site and we reserve the right to restrict any outside commercial ventures at our discretion. We will not discuss the reasons behind why specific websites are filtered and any discussion regarding the word filter may be deleted. If you have questions or comments about this or any other DISboards policy, you can address with the webmasters at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not believe in censorship, and open discussions about various issues is encouraged. When participating in a thread, we ask that everyone be treated with respect and that our guidelines be followed. If we find that an individual is disruptive and is unable to follow our rules, he/she will be barred from participating on our site.
If you have questions or issues regarding our policies, please feel free to direct them to email@example.com
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 11:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 9:30
9:00 - 8:00
10 - 6:00
10:00 - 6:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Magic Kingdom
- Change in itinerary for 11-night Norwegian Fjords cruise
- Full list of celebrities attending Star Wars Weekends 2014
- Race dates for Disney's Marathon Weekend and Princess Half Marathon
- Magical fireworks returns to Disneyland Park on 5/2
- Happy 50th anniversary to it's a small world!
- Blog - Review: Epcot After Hours Wind Down
- Registration opens for the 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon
- Happy 16th anniversary to Disney's Animal Kingdom
- Thinking about booking your trip with a travel agent?
- Discounts available on several 4-night sailings for Florida residents and U.S. Military
- Anna and Elsa meet and greet moves to Magic Kingdom today
- Planning to be at Disney World on Easter?
- Knott's Berry Farm expands Camp Snoopy makeover
- Blog - Ranking our 5 Senses in Disney's Theme Parks
- Spots still available at Tables in Wonderland event on April 19
- Menu items for Epcot After Hours Wind Down
- Blog - What To Expect When You're...Cruising with Disney and a Baby: Part 3
- Rehabs planned for two of Disney's golf courses
- Guests at the Swan and Dolphin can now book their FastPass+ 60 days in advance
- Blog - Actors Fund Gala Tickets Honoring Disney Theatricals on Sale Now
- Changes to Earl of Sandwich menu
- Jake's American Bar holds Beer Festival
- Portofino Bay to host Harbor Nights Primavera in April
- Easter dinners announced for Universal resorts
- Epcot After Hours Wind Down lounges to be available
- Annual passholders can save up to 35% on WDW hotels, plus get free Memory Maker photos!
- Blog - VIDEO: Disney reveals first look at animatronics and scenes inside Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Meet the Easter Bunny at the Magic Kingdom April 13-20
- Carbon-Freeze Me experience at Star Wars Weekends to offer X-Wing Pilots and more
- Blog - Third Annual Easter Egg Display at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Easter activities and special dining menus at Walt Disney World resorts
- VIDEO: Flight of the Hippogriff POV
- Blog - Disney Infinity Teases Marvel & Confirms Version 2.0
- October 2014 Walt Disney World park hours released
- Blog - What To Expect When You're...Cruising with Disney and a Baby: Part 2
- Discounted rates offered by Disney Cruise Line
- Members of the U.S. Military can sail for as little as $120 per night
- Disney Cruise Line pricing for Florida residents released
- Big Thunder Mountain closed for 2 days for rehab
- Surprising your family with a trip to Disney? Check out our tips!
- VIDEO: Cabana Bay Beach Resort at Night
- Blog - New Lawsuit Attacks Disney’s New Disability Access Service
- VIDEO: Cabana Bay Beach Resort Lobby, Food Court, Bowling Alley & Gym
- VIDEO: Illuminations Sparkling Dessert Party at Epcot
- Tables in Wonderland event at Golden Oak's Markham's restaurant
- Blog - Review: Epcot's new IllumiNations Sparkling Dessert Party
- Universal Orlando raises parking fees
- Blog - Disneyland Good Neighbor Hotel - Stovall's Inn
- Blog - Review: Epcot Gardens of the World Tour
- Cabana Bay Beach Resort photo gallery
- Several Florida resident discounts available for 3-night Bahamian cruises
- VIDEO: Cabana Bay Beach Resort Family Suites and Cabana Courtyard
- June 2 Alaska cruise added to Canadian resident 20% off discount
- Dates announced for Sounds Like Summer Concert series
- Night of Joy tickets now on sale
- Blog - DVC Owner To File Class Action Demanding More FastPass+ Experiences
- Blog - Walt Disney World is now selling MagicBands to Offsite Day Guests
- Cabana Bay Beach Resort now open!
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - World Showcase - The American Adventure
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - World Showcase - Italy
- Parking prices increase at Walt Disney World
- Berlin to perform at April Velvet Sessions
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Echo Lake - Academy Hall of Fame
- Cirque du Soleil discount offered for Tables in Wonderland members
- Disneyland Resort celebrates Musica Latina
- Blog - Rainy Day Ideas at Universal Orlando
- VIDEO: Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit POV
- Tables in Wonderland Flower and Garden Festival Special Dining Event
- Fittipaldi Cup racing event planned for Walt Disney World Speedway
- Emeril's Orlando and Emeril's Tchoup Chop plan Easter meals
- Grand Floridian hosts Edible Easter Egg Display
- Star Wars-themed character meals at Hollywood Studios!
- Blog - What To Expect When You're...Cruising with Disney and a Baby: Part I
- Save up to 20% at Disneyland Resort Hotels this Spring
- New 2015 Disney Crusie Line Destinations
- Kouzzina by Cat Cora to close September 30
- Blog - Saying Farewell to Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade at Animal Kingdom
- Dates announced for Universal's Halloween Horror Nights 2014
- Blog - The Dream of Retiring to Central Florida
- Egg-stravaganza Easter egg hunt planned for Epcot
- Blog - Review: “Muppets Most Wanted” Now Touring Worldwide and in Theaters!
- Blog - Five Reasons You Should Go See 'Muppets Most Wanted' This Weekend
- Aulani $500 resort credit offer extended
- Mark Hamill - Luke Skywalker - will be attending Star Wars Weekends!
- PEEPS-themed Easter events planned for the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin
- Brunch planned to debut new Disney Collection by Vera Bradley design
- Ghost Town Boysenberry Festival to highlight Knott's Berry Bloom
- Blog - New Frozen Merchandise at Disney Parks
- Extended preview of Maleficent film at Disney's Hollywood Studios
- Food Truck Park to open at Downtown Disney
- 7 nights for the price of 5 at a Universal Partner Hotel, plus an Orlando Flex Ticket!
- VIDEO: Big Thunder Mountain Railroad POV at Disneyland with New Effects
- VIDEO: Woody Woodpecker's Nuthouse Coaster
- Blog - Review: Disney's 'Saving Mr. Banks' Now Available On Blu-ray, DVD, & Digital Download
- Blog - Review: "Frozen" Blu-ray Hits Shelves
- Dates announced for 2015 D23 Expo in Anaheim
- Blog - Top 10 Reasons Why March 18th Is The Best Day Ever For Disney Fans
- VIDEO: Dragon Challenge - Chinese Fireball POV
- Disney guests to have access to extra FastPass+ each day
- First quarter earnings for Universal Orlando
- Cell phone charging stations added to Magic Kingdom
- Today Show to film at Universal Orlando on Friday
- James Cameron pleased with Disney's Avatar Land design
- Disney one of the world's most disappointing destinations?
- Universal Orlando painters sent to hospital
- Kickstarter campaign hopes to raise money for "Dark Side of Disney" film
- Disney plans four Star Wars children's books
- SeaWorld Orlando offers summer camps for kids