California Grill to debut new beverage menuLeah Zanolla | Posted: Jun 18, 2013 | Updated: Jun 18, 2013 - 10:13:27 AM
Plans are in motion for a whole new menu of beverages at the soon-to-reopen California Grill at Walt Disney World's Contemporary Resort. Chef Brian Piasecki and General Manager Michael Scheifler recently toured 15 wineries in five days, searching for new wines to introduce to the signature restaurant. Some of their favorites were a zinfandel from an organic Napa vineyard, Tres Sabores and a chardonnay from Heitz Cellars that is being bottled just for California Grill. The chardonnay is bottled in magnums, which Scheifler says will be brought to the table to pour by the glass.
When diners step off the elevator into the restaurant, they will come face-to-face with an all-new display case of 1,600 wine bottles - an "onstage, climate-controlled, state-of-the-art cabinet." The restaurant will offer 250 wines; 72 percent of these are from California. Scheifler says, "We'll have something for every palate, from a first-growth Bordeaux to a boutique wine from Oregon or South Africa." 80 of these wines will be offered by the glass. For patrons who want recommendations, there are more than 20 sommeliers on staff.
In addition to the new wines, the popular sushi menu has been expanded, new sakes are being introduced, and eight varieties of craft beer will be offered.
Scheifler added, "We can't wait to debut the new beverage lineup. Drinks span from classic cocktails to wines you won't find anywhere else, the beverages are a great complement to Chef Brian's new menu."
Daily Email DIS Updates
Stay Informed With All Things Disney!
Enter your email address below to receive DIS Updates by email – including News, Blogs, Podcasts, Discounts, and Disney Updates.
See AllDIS UPDATES
- Inaugural Disney Fit Challenge to be held in September - Competitions will include tests of power, speed, balance, strength and endurance.
- Blog - A Shopping Oasis: Merchandise at Disney's Flower & Garden Festival
- Pollo Campero at Downtown Disney will be closing 3/19/14 - Pollo Campero, Bodie's All-American Grill and Babycakes NYC will be closing 3/19/14. Babycakes NYC will still be providing gluten-free items to select Walt Disney World food courts and restaurants.
- Blog - 2014 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival opens in Epcot
- Registration for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon opens today - This race is held in conjunction with the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Materializes in Disney Parks
- New dates for D23's Destination D - The event will be held November 22-23, 2014.
- 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon dates - Registration for the 2015 marathon begins 4/22/14.
- Blog - A Brit's Perspective - Changing of the Seasons at the Orlando theme parks
- Rebel Rendezvous merchandise event planned for Star Wars Weekends - Attendees will receive exclusive access to Darth's Mall a day before it opens to the public.
- Blog - A February Stroll through the Magic Kingdom
- Walt Disney World restaurants add Braille menus - Beginning March 1, select restaurants will be adding Braille menus, though a list of participating restaurants is not yet available. The Braille menus will have examples of the menu items but may not list all the short term or temporary items.
- Family Ticket offer - get one free day! - Get one FREE additional day on each ticket when you buy 6 or more 4-day or longer Magic Your Way tickets!
- Blog - Disney's Polynesian Resort is Changing in a Big Way
- Just announced! Festival of Fantasy parade will debut March 9! - This parade will run daily in the afternoons at the Magic Kingdom.
- Celebrate Earth Day at Disney's Animal Kingdom - The park is also celebrating the release of Disneynature's newest film Bears, which hits theaters April 18.
- Car Masters Weekend to be held at Downtown Disney - This event takes place June 14-15.
- Walt Disney World ticket prices increase - Ticket prices have gone up effective today, Sunday, February 23.
- Mighty St. Patrick's Day Festival planned for Downtown Disney - Downtown Disney celebrates St. Patrick's Day with live music, a step-by-step Irish jig workshop, classic Irish food and drink, Irish storytellers, Irish history and merchandise at Raglan Road's Shop.
- Star Wars Weekends - extra weekend added, plus Hyperspace Hoopla cancelled - A nightly fireworks show has been added instead of the Hyperspace Hoopla party.
See AllRECENT DISCUSSIONS
More Info ORLANDO HOTELS