Disney Executive Shake-Up On Its WayLeah Zanolla | Posted: Jan 9, 2013 | Updated: Jan 10, 2013 - 8:46:34 AM
The recently mentioned executive shuffle at Disney has come to fruition today. Disney released an internal memo detailing several executive changes within the company. Here's a breakdown of the changes effective February 1:
- Meg Crofton currently holds the title of President of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Operations, U.S. and France as well as President of Walt Disney World. She will now drop her role as President of Walt Disney World.
- Current Disneyland President George Kalogridis will come to Florida to take over as President of the Walt Disney World Resort.
- Michael Colglazier, current Vice President of Disney's Animal Kingdom will move to President of the Disneyland Resort.
- Tom Wolber, current Senior Vice President of Disney Cruise Line will move to Vice President of Downtown Disney and Disney Sports.
- Josh D'Amaro, current Vice President of Adventures by Disney will move to Vice President of Disney's Animal Kingdom.
- Claire Bilby, current Vice President of Disney Vacation Club, is moving to Senior Vice President, Sales and Marketing Disneyland Paris and Europe.
- Ken Potrock, current Vice President of Downtown Disney and Disney Sports, will head Disney Vacation Club and Adventures By Disney.
The change that people are talking about the most is the removal of Meg Crofton as President of Walt Disney World. George A. Kalogridis, currently President of the Disneyland Resort in California, will now fill that job. Crofton will remain in her role of President of Walt Disney Parks & Operations, U.S. and France, a job she has held since July 2011. Crofton will move her office to Burbank, California where Disney’s corporate offices are located.
Kalogridis began his Disney career 40 years ago as a Contemporary Resort bus boy at Walt Disney World and has worked his way up to Vice President of Epcot, Senior Vice President of the Disneyland Resort, Disneyland Paris Chief Operating Officer, and currently, President of the Disneyland Resort.
Tom Staggs, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Chairman, said, "With all that we currently have in flight across our resort destinations in the U.S. and France, the time is right to move forward with this leadership transition. This group of Disney veterans has the knowledge and expertise needed to continue delivering on our legacy of creating unforgettable experiences that our guests have come to know and expect."
Three years ago, Staggs was involved in a similar management switch; he was then Chief Financial Officer for the Disney Co, and traded places with Jay Rasulo, then Chairman of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts.
All changes will take effect February 1, 2013.
More analysis and information is sure to follow!
Daily Email DIS Updates
Stay Informed With All Things Disney!
Enter your email address below to receive DIS Updates by email – including News, Blogs, Podcasts, Discounts, and Disney Updates.
Sign Up & Win A Prize!
Each month we select one of our subscribers at random and give away a prize! Prizes range from a $50 Disney Gift Card, Adventures by Disney trip for two, or a 7 day/6 night stay at Walt Disney World with dining for a family of four!
- 2015 WDW hotel discount released for U.S. Military - Valid for stays most nights 9/28/14 - 10/3/15.
- All 3 remaining weekends sold out for Harambe Nights - July 26, August 2 and August 9 are sold out.
- Annual passholder discount for Spice Road Table - Through 9/17/14, Annual Passholders can get a 30% discount on their bill.
- 2015 Military Ticket Discount info released - Members of the military can purchase 4-day Magic Your Way tickets with Park Hopper option for $177 each.
- Changes to reservation times for Wishes Dessert Party - Reservations are all being set for 6:00pm, no matter when Wishes is taking place. The dessert party will actually take place one hour before Wishes.
- Frozen Summer Fun Premium package is sold out for all remaining dates - This package gives guests at Frozen Summer Fun Live reserved viewing for several events.
- Wild by Design tour to be discontinued after 9/26/14 - This tour takes place at Disney's Animal Kingdom.
- Fantasy Football Convention coming to ESPN Wide World of Sports - The convention will give attendees access to ESPN talent, a live fantasy football draft and more.
- Blog - Sneak Preview of What's Coming to the 2014 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- Dates and pricing released for ICE! at Gaylord Palms - Using two million pounds of ice, this Gaylord Palms Resort special ticket exhibit will be transformed into the North Pole.
- Blog - Disney's Magical Express Age Limit Changes: A Parent's & Teacher's Perspective
- Blog - Five Reasons Why We're Not Seeing "Planes: Fire & Rescue" in Theaters
- Blog updated - I Just Spent $20 on FastPasses! Would You? - The author has taken the tour she discussed in the blog - check out her thoughts to see if she would do this again!
- Blog - July 2014 Magic Kingdom Construction Update
- Information for Food & Wine Festival special dining experiences - book 7/31 - Premium events will be announced July 24 and can be booked on July 31 beginning at 7:00am EST. To book, call 407-WDW-FEST (939-3378).
- Princess Half Marathon fills in less than 24 hours - The Princess Half Marathon, the Princess Enchanted 10K and the Glass Slipper Challenge are sold out, filling less than 24 hours after registration opened.
- Dolphins at Epcot will be offstage through August 7 - Guests will not be able to see the dolphins at The Seas with Nemo & Friends. The Dolphins in Depth Tour will be unavailable during this time as well.
- Changes in parking due to Downtown Disney Remodel - Speeds in the area will be reduced, as well as lanes closed. Buena Vista Drive will be expanded to 10 lanes.
- Blog - Disney Responds to Disability Access Service Lawsuit