Magical Express testing Downtown Disney pickupLeah Zanolla | Posted: Jul 28, 2013 | Updated: Jul 29, 2013 - 7:16:08 AM
Walt Disney World is conducting a new test that involves Magical Express picking up guests from Downtown Disney instead of from their hotels. The test will be conducted during the month of August and only includes guests staying at Port Orleans Resort. This is not mandatory; guests will be able to choose which pickup location best fits their schedules. For POR guests to be eligible for the test, their departing flight on the day of check out must leave from Orlando International Airport between 3:00pm and midnight for domestic flights and between 4:00pm and 1:00am for international flights. Guests will still be able to utilize resort airline check-in and bell services to leave their luggage, as this cannot be taken on the resort buses to Downtown Disney. Magical Express would pick up the bags at the resort, and then transfer them to the Downtown Disney Magical Express stop. Guests need to claim their luggage before boarding the bus.
The Magical Express stop will be in the parking lot at Pleasure Island near Raglan Road. Cast members and signage will be in place from noon to 9:00pm to assist guests, who must arrive 15 minutes before their scheduled departure time.
For guests who find themselves out of days on their park tickets, check-out day is often spent waiting at the resort until their return flight. This new system would allow them to spend one last morning shopping and eating at Downtown Disney before returning home.
Daily Email DIS Updates
Stay Informed With All Things Disney!
Enter your email address below to receive DIS Updates by email – including News, Blogs, Podcasts, Discounts, and Disney Updates.
See AllDIS UPDATES
- Inaugural Disney Fit Challenge to be held in September - Competitions will include tests of power, speed, balance, strength and endurance.
- Blog - A Shopping Oasis: Merchandise at Disney's Flower & Garden Festival
- Pollo Campero at Downtown Disney will be closing 3/19/14 - Pollo Campero, Bodie's All-American Grill and Babycakes NYC will be closing 3/19/14. Babycakes NYC will still be providing gluten-free items to select Walt Disney World food courts and restaurants.
- Blog - 2014 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival opens in Epcot
- Registration for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon opens today - This race is held in conjunction with the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Materializes in Disney Parks
- New dates for D23's Destination D - The event will be held November 22-23, 2014.
- 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon dates - Registration for the 2015 marathon begins 4/22/14.
- Blog - A Brit's Perspective - Changing of the Seasons at the Orlando theme parks
- Rebel Rendezvous merchandise event planned for Star Wars Weekends - Attendees will receive exclusive access to Darth's Mall a day before it opens to the public.
- Blog - A February Stroll through the Magic Kingdom
- Walt Disney World restaurants add Braille menus - Beginning March 1, select restaurants will be adding Braille menus, though a list of participating restaurants is not yet available. The Braille menus will have examples of the menu items but may not list all the short term or temporary items.
- Family Ticket offer - get one free day! - Get one FREE additional day on each ticket when you buy 6 or more 4-day or longer Magic Your Way tickets!
- Blog - Disney's Polynesian Resort is Changing in a Big Way
- Just announced! Festival of Fantasy parade will debut March 9! - This parade will run daily in the afternoons at the Magic Kingdom.
- Celebrate Earth Day at Disney's Animal Kingdom - The park is also celebrating the release of Disneynature's newest film Bears, which hits theaters April 18.
- Car Masters Weekend to be held at Downtown Disney - This event takes place June 14-15.
- Walt Disney World ticket prices increase - Ticket prices have gone up effective today, Sunday, February 23.
- Mighty St. Patrick's Day Festival planned for Downtown Disney - Downtown Disney celebrates St. Patrick's Day with live music, a step-by-step Irish jig workshop, classic Irish food and drink, Irish storytellers, Irish history and merchandise at Raglan Road's Shop.
- Star Wars Weekends - extra weekend added, plus Hyperspace Hoopla cancelled - A nightly fireworks show has been added instead of the Hyperspace Hoopla party.
See AllRECENT DISCUSSIONS
More Info ORLANDO HOTELS