Three Disney executives laid offLeah Zanolla | Posted: Nov 20, 2013 | Updated: Nov 20, 2013 - 10:30:31 PM
Three more executives have been laid off from the Walt Disney Co's theme park division. These make six in the past few months. Rick Continelli, senior vice president of park sales and services for Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, was one of the most recent layoffs. Continelli was in charge of the Disney Institute, youth, military, weddings and sports programming and Disney's convention business. In addition to his everyday duties, Continelli also represented Disney on the Visit Orlando tourism team. Karl Holz, president of new vacation operations for Disney Parks, will take over control of the Disney Institute.
The other two layoffs came from the information technology group. Laura Hall and Allen Fazio were vice presidents in this field and had been with the company for over 20 years.
Disney also announced a restructuring of the animals, science and environment team. No positions were laid off from this change. Other jobs lost recently include two research employees and one Internet group employee. These were due to a reorganization that combined the sales and marketing groups.
In addition to the executives who have been laid off, three other executives have recently left the company as well. Former vice president of global park operations and planning, Brian Britton, left to take a position as chief operating officer at Levy Restaurants. Two other Disney executives are now employed by NBCUniversal.
The only comment made by Disney on all the changes was this: "We regularly evaluate our organization to meet the evolving needs of our guests and our business."
Daily Email DIS Updates
Stay Informed With All Things Disney!
Enter your email address below to receive DIS Updates by email – including News, Blogs, Podcasts, Discounts, and Disney Updates.
See AllDIS UPDATES
- Blog - A Shopping Oasis: Merchandise at Disney's Flower & Garden Festival
- Pollo Campero at Downtown Disney will be closing 3/19/14 - Pollo Campero, Bodie's All-American Grill and Babycakes NYC will be closing 3/19/14. Babycakes NYC will still be providing gluten-free items to select Walt Disney World food courts and restaurants.
- Blog - 2014 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival opens in Epcot
- Registration for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon opens today - This race is held in conjunction with the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Materializes in Disney Parks
- New dates for D23's Destination D - The event will be held November 22-23, 2014.
- 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon dates - Registration for the 2015 marathon begins 4/22/14.
- Blog - A Brit's Perspective - Changing of the Seasons at the Orlando theme parks
- Rebel Rendezvous merchandise event planned for Star Wars Weekends - Attendees will receive exclusive access to Darth's Mall a day before it opens to the public.
- Blog - A February Stroll through the Magic Kingdom
- Walt Disney World restaurants add Braille menus - Beginning March 1, select restaurants will be adding Braille menus, though a list of participating restaurants is not yet available. The Braille menus will have examples of the menu items but may not list all the short term or temporary items.
- Family Ticket offer - get one free day! - Get one FREE additional day on each ticket when you buy 6 or more 4-day or longer Magic Your Way tickets!
- Blog - Disney's Polynesian Resort is Changing in a Big Way
- Just announced! Festival of Fantasy parade will debut March 9! - This parade will run daily in the afternoons at the Magic Kingdom.
- Celebrate Earth Day at Disney's Animal Kingdom - The park is also celebrating the release of Disneynature's newest film Bears, which hits theaters April 18.
- Car Masters Weekend to be held at Downtown Disney - This event takes place June 14-15.
- Walt Disney World ticket prices increase - Ticket prices have gone up effective today, Sunday, February 23.
- Mighty St. Patrick's Day Festival planned for Downtown Disney - Downtown Disney celebrates St. Patrick's Day with live music, a step-by-step Irish jig workshop, classic Irish food and drink, Irish storytellers, Irish history and merchandise at Raglan Road's Shop.
- Star Wars Weekends - extra weekend added, plus Hyperspace Hoopla cancelled - A nightly fireworks show has been added instead of the Hyperspace Hoopla party.
See AllRECENT DISCUSSIONS
More Info ORLANDO HOTELS