Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin plan holiday activities
| Posted: Nov 7, 2013 | Updated: Oct 19, 2014 - 9:25:27 AM
The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotel
are bringing back their annual Christmas celebration "Holiday Happenings at the Swan and Dolphin" and reclaiming their status as "Santa's Favorite Resort." Guests will be able to partake in a variety of holiday activities and even get their picture taken with Santa, Mrs. Claus, and Kandy Kane the elf, who will all be dressed in their tropical vacation clothes. Santa and his family will greet guests in his customized tiki hut, featuring reindeer, palm trees and flamingos.
Other fun activities include:
Dancing Lights Show
- Check out the causeway at night and see the palm trees light up to the music of your favorite holiday songs.
Life-size Chocolate Santa Scene
- A 1,200 pound chocolate Santa will be on display in the Swan's lobby. The hotel's award-winning executive pastry chef Laurent Branlard will also create a fireplace, Christmas tree, toy train and a 7-foot tall, 400-pound Nutcracker, all made out of chocolate.
Bedtime Elf Tuck-ins
- Only available on December 24, an elf will come to your room with milk, cookies, a stuffed toy and a storybook and read the kids a bedtime story before tucking them in to await a visit from Santa. This does require a reservation and costs $55 for one child and $15 for each additional child, plus a 20 percent service charge.
Magic Keys for Santa
- Are your kids wondering how Santa will be able to get into their hotel rooms without a chimney? Hang a magical key outside the door, just for Santa.
- Mrs. Claus will light the 45-foot tall Christmas tree in the Dolphin lobby; hot beverages will be served afterwards in Santa's Tiki Hut.
- Throughout the holiday season, guests will be entertained by carolers, choirs and musicians in the hotel lobbies, the causeway and other public hotel areas. Free holiday-themed movies will be available on the guest room TVs. Children will have the opportunity to decorate treats in the lobby.
More details and a full schedule of holiday activities can be found at www.santasfavoriteresort.com