Marvel characters to appear on Phineas and Ferbby Leah Zanolla
Jul 14, 2012
For the first time, Disney characters will appear on TV together with Marvel characters. In summer 2013, the Disney Channel will premiere an animated special called "Phineas and Ferb: Mission Marvel." According to the New York Times, the plotline of the show is that "Spider-Man, Thor, Iron Man and Hulk arrive in town after their powers are accidentally removed by the evil Dr. Doofenshmirtz. Phineas and Ferb come to the rescue, and they work together to defeat some meddling Marvel villains, including Red Skull, Whiplash and Venom."
In 2009, the Walt Disney Co. purchased Marvel Entertainment for $4 billion, and we're just now starting to see the Marvel characters start to arrive on the Disney scene. The Disney XD channel began showing Marvel cartoons in April and in June, Club Penguin online started offering Avengers costumes for the penguin avatars. Disney has also confirmed that an animated Marvel movie is in development, featuring superheroes Sunfire, Hiro, Honey Lemon, Baymax, and Go-Go Tamago. There are no Marvel characters in the Disney theme parks as of yet, but Disney's CEO Bob Iger has mentioned that this is something he would like to see changed.
- News Source
- Subscribe to receive DIS Updates and News by email!
- News Feed
- Last Updated: Jul 14, 2012 - 9:33:49 AM
See AllDIS UPDATES
- Blog - A Shopping Oasis: Merchandise at Disney's Flower & Garden Festival
- Pollo Campero at Downtown Disney will be closing 3/19/14 - Pollo Campero, Bodie's All-American Grill and Babycakes NYC will be closing 3/19/14. Babycakes NYC will still be providing gluten-free items to select Walt Disney World food courts and restaurants.
- Blog - 2014 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival opens in Epcot
- Registration for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon opens today - This race is held in conjunction with the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Materializes in Disney Parks
- New dates for D23's Destination D - The event will be held November 22-23, 2014.
- 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon dates - Registration for the 2015 marathon begins 4/22/14.
- Blog - A Brit's Perspective - Changing of the Seasons at the Orlando theme parks
- Rebel Rendezvous merchandise event planned for Star Wars Weekends - Attendees will receive exclusive access to Darth's Mall a day before it opens to the public.
- Blog - A February Stroll through the Magic Kingdom
- Walt Disney World restaurants add Braille menus - Beginning March 1, select restaurants will be adding Braille menus, though a list of participating restaurants is not yet available. The Braille menus will have examples of the menu items but may not list all the short term or temporary items.
- Family Ticket offer - get one free day! - Get one FREE additional day on each ticket when you buy 6 or more 4-day or longer Magic Your Way tickets!
- Blog - Disney's Polynesian Resort is Changing in a Big Way
- Just announced! Festival of Fantasy parade will debut March 9! - This parade will run daily in the afternoons at the Magic Kingdom.
- Celebrate Earth Day at Disney's Animal Kingdom - The park is also celebrating the release of Disneynature's newest film Bears, which hits theaters April 18.
- Car Masters Weekend to be held at Downtown Disney - This event takes place June 14-15.
- Walt Disney World ticket prices increase - Ticket prices have gone up effective today, Sunday, February 23.
- Mighty St. Patrick's Day Festival planned for Downtown Disney - Downtown Disney celebrates St. Patrick's Day with live music, a step-by-step Irish jig workshop, classic Irish food and drink, Irish storytellers, Irish history and merchandise at Raglan Road's Shop.
- Star Wars Weekends - extra weekend added, plus Hyperspace Hoopla cancelled - A nightly fireworks show has been added instead of the Hyperspace Hoopla party.
See AllRECENT DISCUSSIONS
More Info ORLANDO HOTELS