Epcot's Sum of All Thrills now onlineby Leah Zanolla
Nov 12, 2011
Guests who enjoy the Sum of all Thrills attraction at Walt Disney World are now able to recreate the experience at home. The Raytheon Company worked with Walt Disney Imagineering to bring the virtual thrill ride to Epcot's Innoventions in 2009. Guests use math and engineering principles to design their own roller coaster, jet fighter planes or bobsleds and then are able to board a simulator that moves in the air, following the design of the track. Now at www.MathMovesU.com, Raytheon has added a learning component that will allow online users to design the tracks at home, and even share them with their friends via Facebook. Guests who participate in the design at Epcot will receive a special code that they can use online at home to experience the ride they created in the theme park.
Pam Wickham, Vice President of Corporate Affairs and Communications for Raytheon, said, "The popularity of the Sum of all Thrills ride has confirmed our original belief that fun experiences can and will get students excited about math. By bringing the ride online, we are making it accessible to those who have not or cannot visit the exhibit at Innoventions at Epcot, allowing even more students to connect the activities they love with the math that makes it all possible."
See AllDIS UPDATES
- Save up to 30% on a Room Only reservation at Walt Disney World! - Valid for stays most nights 10/4/14 - 11/25/14 and 11/29/14 - 12/23/14.
- 2015 WDW hotel discount released for U.S. Military - Valid for stays most nights 9/28/14 - 10/3/15.
- All 3 remaining weekends sold out for Harambe Nights - July 26, August 2 and August 9 are sold out.
- Annual passholder discount for Spice Road Table - Through 9/17/14, Annual Passholders can get a 30% discount on their bill.
- 2015 Military Ticket Discount info released - Members of the military can purchase 4-day Magic Your Way tickets with Park Hopper option for $177 each.
- Changes to reservation times for Wishes Dessert Party - Reservations are all being set for 6:00pm, no matter when Wishes is taking place. The dessert party will actually take place one hour before Wishes.
- Frozen Summer Fun Premium package is sold out for all remaining dates - This package gives guests at Frozen Summer Fun Live reserved viewing for several events.
- Wild by Design tour to be discontinued after 9/26/14 - This tour takes place at Disney's Animal Kingdom.
- Fantasy Football Convention coming to ESPN Wide World of Sports - The convention will give attendees access to ESPN talent, a live fantasy football draft and more.
- Blog - Sneak Preview of What's Coming to the 2014 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- Dates and pricing released for ICE! at Gaylord Palms - Using two million pounds of ice, this Gaylord Palms Resort special ticket exhibit will be transformed into the North Pole.
- Blog - Disney's Magical Express Age Limit Changes: A Parent's & Teacher's Perspective
- Blog - Five Reasons Why We're Not Seeing "Planes: Fire & Rescue" in Theaters
- Blog updated - I Just Spent $20 on FastPasses! Would You? - The author has taken the tour she discussed in the blog - check out her thoughts to see if she would do this again!
- Blog - July 2014 Magic Kingdom Construction Update
- Information for Food & Wine Festival special dining experiences - book 7/31 - Premium events will be announced July 24 and can be booked on July 31 beginning at 7:00am EST. To book, call 407-WDW-FEST (939-3378).
- Princess Half Marathon fills in less than 24 hours - The Princess Half Marathon, the Princess Enchanted 10K and the Glass Slipper Challenge are sold out, filling less than 24 hours after registration opened.
- Dolphins at Epcot will be offstage through August 7 - Guests will not be able to see the dolphins at The Seas with Nemo & Friends. The Dolphins in Depth Tour will be unavailable during this time as well.
- Changes in parking due to Downtown Disney Remodel - Speeds in the area will be reduced, as well as lanes closed. Buena Vista Drive will be expanded to 10 lanes.
- Blog - Disney Responds to Disability Access Service Lawsuit
See AllRECENT DISCUSSIONS
More Info ORLANDO HOTELS