Epcot's Sum of All Thrills now onlineby Leah Zanolla
Nov 12, 2011
Guests who enjoy the Sum of all Thrills attraction at Walt Disney World are now able to recreate the experience at home. The Raytheon Company worked with Walt Disney Imagineering to bring the virtual thrill ride to Epcot's Innoventions in 2009. Guests use math and engineering principles to design their own roller coaster, jet fighter planes or bobsleds and then are able to board a simulator that moves in the air, following the design of the track. Now at www.MathMovesU.com, Raytheon has added a learning component that will allow online users to design the tracks at home, and even share them with their friends via Facebook. Guests who participate in the design at Epcot will receive a special code that they can use online at home to experience the ride they created in the theme park.
Pam Wickham, Vice President of Corporate Affairs and Communications for Raytheon, said, "The popularity of the Sum of all Thrills ride has confirmed our original belief that fun experiences can and will get students excited about math. By bringing the ride online, we are making it accessible to those who have not or cannot visit the exhibit at Innoventions at Epcot, allowing even more students to connect the activities they love with the math that makes it all possible."
See AllDIS UPDATES
- Blog - A Shopping Oasis: Merchandise at Disney's Flower & Garden Festival
- Pollo Campero at Downtown Disney will be closing 3/19/14 - Pollo Campero, Bodie's All-American Grill and Babycakes NYC will be closing 3/19/14. Babycakes NYC will still be providing gluten-free items to select Walt Disney World food courts and restaurants.
- Blog - 2014 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival opens in Epcot
- Registration for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon opens today - This race is held in conjunction with the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Materializes in Disney Parks
- New dates for D23's Destination D - The event will be held November 22-23, 2014.
- 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon dates - Registration for the 2015 marathon begins 4/22/14.
- Blog - A Brit's Perspective - Changing of the Seasons at the Orlando theme parks
- Rebel Rendezvous merchandise event planned for Star Wars Weekends - Attendees will receive exclusive access to Darth's Mall a day before it opens to the public.
- Blog - A February Stroll through the Magic Kingdom
- Walt Disney World restaurants add Braille menus - Beginning March 1, select restaurants will be adding Braille menus, though a list of participating restaurants is not yet available. The Braille menus will have examples of the menu items but may not list all the short term or temporary items.
- Family Ticket offer - get one free day! - Get one FREE additional day on each ticket when you buy 6 or more 4-day or longer Magic Your Way tickets!
- Blog - Disney's Polynesian Resort is Changing in a Big Way
- Just announced! Festival of Fantasy parade will debut March 9! - This parade will run daily in the afternoons at the Magic Kingdom.
- Celebrate Earth Day at Disney's Animal Kingdom - The park is also celebrating the release of Disneynature's newest film Bears, which hits theaters April 18.
- Car Masters Weekend to be held at Downtown Disney - This event takes place June 14-15.
- Walt Disney World ticket prices increase - Ticket prices have gone up effective today, Sunday, February 23.
- Mighty St. Patrick's Day Festival planned for Downtown Disney - Downtown Disney celebrates St. Patrick's Day with live music, a step-by-step Irish jig workshop, classic Irish food and drink, Irish storytellers, Irish history and merchandise at Raglan Road's Shop.
- Star Wars Weekends - extra weekend added, plus Hyperspace Hoopla cancelled - A nightly fireworks show has been added instead of the Hyperspace Hoopla party.
See AllRECENT DISCUSSIONS
More Info ORLANDO HOTELS