Child nearly drowns in pool on Disney Fantasyby Leah Zanolla
Mar 30, 2013
A 4-year-old boy nearly drowned in the family pool onboard the Disney Fantasy while it was still docked at Port Canaveral Saturday, March 30. The boy was found "in distress" in the pool around 3:30 pm; the ship was scheduled to leave port around 5:45 pm. Witnesses commented on this thread on the DISboards to say his parents were not in the pool at the time of the incident, but "ran over while emergency rescuers worked on him." He had a pulse when he left the ship, but his current condition is unknown. He was transported by ambulance to Cape Canaveral Hospital, and then flown to Arnold Palmer Hospital in Orlando.
Disney spokeswoman Rena Langley said, "We're focused on assisting the family. Clearly, our thoughts are with them at this difficult time."
There are no lifeguards at the ship's pools; signs are posted in the area noting this.
Earlier this month, a 13-year-old boy died after being found unconscious in the pool at Disney's Pop Century Resort after the lifeguards were off duty.
- News Source
- Subscribe to receive DIS Updates and News by email!
- News Feed
- Last Updated: Oct 19, 2014 - 9:25:27 AM
Disney Cruise News Stories
- Disney Cruise Line releases sail dates for early 2016
Two new Caribbean ports have been added.
- Disney Cruise Line honored by Bon Voyage digital magazine
Disney Cruise Line took top honors in several categories.
- Disney Cruise Line and Aulani honored by Travel + Leisure
Results are part of the World's Best Awards 2014.
- Disney Cruise Line releases remainder of 2015 schedule
Sail dates for the remainder of 2015 have been announced.
- Disney Wonder to return to Hawaii in 2015?
Itineraries aren't released yet, but a suspicious entry on the Hawaii port calendars is fueling the rumors.