Lifeguards now stationed at family pools on Disney Cruise Lineby Leah Zanolla
Nov 1, 2013
After an incident in March where a 4-year-old boy nearly drowned on the Disney Fantasy, Disney Cruise Line has added lifeguards to their pools. Lifeguards will be stationed at the family pools on all four ships whenever the pool is open. Disney is the first major cruise line to make this change, as most cruise ships do not have lifeguards watching over their pools.
Disney Cruise Line is not the only Disney entity to make changes to their pool safety. Walt Disney World resorts are enforcing pool hours and adding fences around all resort pools that don’t currently have them, so guests will only have access when there are lifeguards on duty. Earlier this year, a young boy drowned while swimming in the Pop Century pool after lifeguards had left for the night.
- News Source
- Subscribe to receive DIS Updates and News by email!
- News Feed
- Last Updated: Oct 19, 2014 - 9:25:27 AM
Disney Cruise News Stories
- Disney Cruise Line releases sail dates for early 2016
Two new Caribbean ports have been added.
- Disney Cruise Line honored by Bon Voyage digital magazine
Disney Cruise Line took top honors in several categories.
- Disney Cruise Line and Aulani honored by Travel + Leisure
Results are part of the World's Best Awards 2014.
- Disney Cruise Line releases remainder of 2015 schedule
Sail dates for the remainder of 2015 have been announced.
- Disney Wonder to return to Hawaii in 2015?
Itineraries aren't released yet, but a suspicious entry on the Hawaii port calendars is fueling the rumors.
See AllDisney NEWS and UPDATES