92 sommeliers on staff at Disney's Carthay Circle Restaurantby Leah Zanolla
Jun 12, 2012
The new Carthay Circle Restaurant at Disney California Adventure will have something a little different than the average theme park restaurant - 92 sommeliers on staff. A sommelier is a trained wine expert, who specializes in all aspects of wine service, including wine and food pairings. All of the servers at the Carthay Circle have passed the introductory level sommelier exam, which is one of four levels on the way to Master Sommelier. Joy Cushing, the restaurant's manager, is an Advanced Sommelier and is training for Master Sommelier. She says that the restaurant offers "250 international wines, with 30 wines available by the glass in the restaurant and lounge." The sommeliers will work at both the Carthay Circle Restaurant (seats 256) and the lounge downstairs (seats 68).
The menu, designed by Executive Chef Andrew Sutton, features "Southern California cuisine - breezy, light and fresh." The wines offered were picked especially to match these flavors. Sutton is also the executive chef at the Napa Rose in the Grand Californian Hotel.
The restaurant has been in previews and opens to the public June 15.
- News Source
- Subscribe to receive DIS Updates and News by email!
- News Feed
- Last Updated: Oct 19, 2014 - 9:25:27 AM
Other Disneyland News Stories
- Club 33 members upset about more changes to benefits
Club 33 members are upset about increased annual dues and decreased benefits.
- New Anaheim transportation hub to open next month
A new Anaheim transportation hub is scheduled to open in early December.
- Last surviving child of Knott's founder dies
Marion Knott, youngest daughter of Knott's Berry Farm founders Walter and Cordelia Knott, passed away recently at age 92.
- Knott's Berry Farm announces new 4-D attraction
Knott's Berry Farm has announced Voyage of the Iron Reef, a new interactive ride set to open Spring 2015.
- Superheroes take over the inaugural Avengers half marathon
Runners dressed in costume for the inaugural running of the Avengers Superheroes Half Marathon this weekend in Anaheim.
DIS DISNEYLAND UPDATES
- DISAPALOOZA Diagon Alley Party - December 05, 2015 - Dreams Unlimited Travel, Inc, The DIS and the DISUnplugged are proud to announce details of this year's DISapalooza Event. We will be renting out all of Diagon Alley for the enjoyment of our guests! December 05, 2015 (9:00 p.m. - midnight) Price: $75/person
- What are your favorite souvenirs from Disney? - Souvenirs can be a great way to remember a special moment you had at the parks or even just a way to bring Disney into your everyday life.
- Mother's Day offerings at the Disneyland Resort - Several locations throughout the Resort will offer special menu items on May 10th in honor of Mother's Day.
- VIDEO: Peter Pan's Flight Pre-2015 Refurb POV at Disneyland - This is one of Park's original 17 attractions.
- Five Things You Should Know Before Visiting Disneyland Paris
- Disney Myth buster: A Disney Vacation is Too Expensive - Let's break down the numbers and compare exactly how Disney stacks up against other common vacation destinations.
- What's in your Disney park bag?
See AllDL DISCUSSIONS