Baby girl born at Disneylandby Leah Zanolla
Mar 13, 2012
On Sunday, March 11, a baby girl was born on Disneyland property. According to Disneyland spokeswoman Betsy Sanchez, a baby girl was born in the Toy Story parking lot bus-loading area when her mother suddenly went into labor. A 911 call was answered by the Anaheim Fire Department at 2:36 pm about a woman in labor, with contractions two minutes apart. Disneyland security and health-services employees also responded to the area. After the baby was born, she was transported with her mother to UCI Medical Center in Orange. Names have not been released.
The first baby born at Disneyland was Teresa Salcedo on July 4, 1979. Salcedo was presented with "Disneyland Birth Certificate No. 1" by Mickey Mouse.
- News Source
- Subscribe to receive DIS Updates and News by email!
- News Feed
- Last Updated: Oct 19, 2014 - 9:25:27 AM
Other Disneyland News Stories
- Club 33 members upset about more changes to benefits
Club 33 members are upset about increased annual dues and decreased benefits.
- New Anaheim transportation hub to open next month
A new Anaheim transportation hub is scheduled to open in early December.
- Last surviving child of Knott's founder dies
Marion Knott, youngest daughter of Knott's Berry Farm founders Walter and Cordelia Knott, passed away recently at age 92.
- Knott's Berry Farm announces new 4-D attraction
Knott's Berry Farm has announced Voyage of the Iron Reef, a new interactive ride set to open Spring 2015.
- Superheroes take over the inaugural Avengers half marathon
Runners dressed in costume for the inaugural running of the Avengers Superheroes Half Marathon this weekend in Anaheim.