Disney's "The Lone Ranger" to premiere at California Adventureby Leah Zanolla
May 30, 2013
Disney announced that the red-carpet premiere for "The Lone Ranger", starring Johnny Depp and Armie Hammer, will be held at Disney California Adventure on June 22.
Disney has donated the premiere tickets to the American Indian College Fund, which is selling them to the public for $1,000 each.
Because the studio is underwriting the event, 100 percent of the revenue will go to support Native American students.
Disney is bringing in the Lone Ranger's horse, Silver, for the occasion and will have an actual train car from the move on display.
As a bonus, after the screening, guests will be able to wander Cars Land and see an exclusive showing of World of Color.
- News Source
- Subscribe to receive DIS Updates and News by email!
- News Feed
- Last Updated: Oct 19, 2014 - 9:25:27 AM
Other Disneyland News Stories
- Club 33 members upset about more changes to benefits
Club 33 members are upset about increased annual dues and decreased benefits.
- New Anaheim transportation hub to open next month
A new Anaheim transportation hub is scheduled to open in early December.
- Last surviving child of Knott's founder dies
Marion Knott, youngest daughter of Knott's Berry Farm founders Walter and Cordelia Knott, passed away recently at age 92.
- Knott's Berry Farm announces new 4-D attraction
Knott's Berry Farm has announced Voyage of the Iron Reef, a new interactive ride set to open Spring 2015.
- Superheroes take over the inaugural Avengers half marathon
Runners dressed in costume for the inaugural running of the Avengers Superheroes Half Marathon this weekend in Anaheim.