UPDATE: Disneyland Cast Member Arrested in Toontown Incidentby Leah Zanolla
May 29, 2013
A 22-year-old Disneyland cast member has been arrested in connection with the detonation of a "dry ice bomb".
Long Beach resident Christian Barnes, who worked in outdoor vending, was booked on suspicion of possession of a destructive device and is being held in lieu of bail of $1 million.
Multiple sources are reporting that Toontown was evacuated this evening after a report of an explosion that appears to have involved dry ice.
No injuries were reported in the blast which was reported at 5:30pm.
Authorities said the dry ice appeared to have been placed in a plastic bottle and dropped in a trash can, however the Orange County Sheriff's Department's bomb squad will be investigating.
No other details were available.
- News Source
- Subscribe to receive DIS Updates and News by email!
- News Feed
- Last Updated: Oct 19, 2014 - 9:25:27 AM
Other Disneyland News Stories
- Club 33 members upset about more changes to benefits
Club 33 members are upset about increased annual dues and decreased benefits.
- New Anaheim transportation hub to open next month
A new Anaheim transportation hub is scheduled to open in early December.
- Last surviving child of Knott's founder dies
Marion Knott, youngest daughter of Knott's Berry Farm founders Walter and Cordelia Knott, passed away recently at age 92.
- Knott's Berry Farm announces new 4-D attraction
Knott's Berry Farm has announced Voyage of the Iron Reef, a new interactive ride set to open Spring 2015.
- Superheroes take over the inaugural Avengers half marathon
Runners dressed in costume for the inaugural running of the Avengers Superheroes Half Marathon this weekend in Anaheim.