Disney's Magical Express
- Magical Express Discussions
(Forums Tip - DME is short for Disney's Magical Express)
If you’re visiting Walt Disney World and staying at a Disney owned resort, you’ll be able to take advantage of complimentary airport shuttle service, luggage delivery and airline check-in.
Disney's Magical Express service allows guests to check their luggage at their hometown airport and have it taken directly from the Orlando International Airport to their Disney Resort. (This service is patterned after the luggage system used by Disney Cruise Line guests who use DCL transfers.)
At the Magical Express Welcome Center, guests can pre-register for the Resort Airline Check-In Service (You must be using one of the participating airlines as noted below).
While the inbound domestic airlines are not restricted, outbound domestic flight check in at the resort is limited to guests flying on:
- AirTran Airways
- Alaska Airline
- Jet Blue
- Southwest (limited resorts)
- US Airways
Walt Disney World resorts will begin offering international flight check-in service:
Art of Animation, Contemporary Resort, Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground, Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, Polynesian Resort, and Wilderness Lodge - January 27
Boardwalk Resort, Old Key West Resort, Saratoga Springs, Yacht & Beach Club - February 3
Pop Century Resort - February 10
Animal Kingdom Lodge, Coronado Springs - February 17
Port Orleans Resort - February 24
All-Star Movies Resort - March 3
All-Star Music, All-Star Sport - March 10
Caribbean Beach - March 17
If you arrive after 10 PM luggage service will not be available. You will need to take your luggage to the Welcome Center for Disney's Magical Express. You and your luggage will be transported on the bus.
IMPORTANT: Guests must be 16 or older to travel unaccompanied on Disney's Magical Express.
Guests flying United Airlines who use the Resort Check-In are currently exempt from the airline's checked bag fee. (This is subject to change at any time.)
Guests who are flying on AirTran**, American, Continental, Delta**, Northwest or USAirways need to pay the airline's checked bag fee for all luggage prior to utilizing the Resort Check-In service. If this fee is not paid in advance, the bags will need to be checked by you upon arrival at the airport.
**AirTran and Delta charge for the first checked bag.
The checked/excess bag fees are paid via Baggage Airline Guest Services (BAGS), the contractor for this service. The extra bag fee must be paid to BAGS in advance of using your resort's airline check-in service.
BAGS can be reached by calling 407-284-1231 between 7 am and 11 pm. This call is free when made from your Disney resort room. Only Master Card, Visa and American Express are accepted as payment.
If your luggage does not meet size/weight requirements and you have not paid the fees in advance, you will be unable to check the bags in at your resort. You will need to check-in your luggage upon arrival at the Orlando airport.
If you are not using one of these carriers, you can still use Magical Express but you will need to check-in for your flight at the airport.
In order to pre-register, you must do so at least two calendar days prior to your departure. If the length of your stay prevents you from doing this, you can still go to the desk to use this service.
When pre-registering, you still need to go to the Resort Airline Check-in desk with your bags and to get your boarding pass.
Magical Express guests can check-in at any time on their day of departure as long as it is not less than 3 hours prior to their flight departure time.
Below is the full set of policies for using the Resort Airline Check-In Service:
- On their day of departure, Guests must check-in no less than 3 hours prior to their flight departure time
- Guests with a flight departure time before 8:00 a.m. must check-in at the airport
- For families traveling together, a parent or guardian may check-in for their spouse and minor children
- Some Guests may be selected to check-in at the airport and may not be able to use the service
- Luggage must be 50 pounds or less to use the service
- One checked bag per person permitted. If you have more than that, you will need to check-in at the airport
- A valid government issued photo ID and Key to the World Card are required
- Luggage arriving late
- Up to an hour or more of transportation time
- Multiple stops at Disney resorts for other guests
The Disney's Magical Express complimentary shuttle service is provided by Mears Transportation. Upon arrival at the Orlando International Airport, guests should proceed to the Disney Welcome Center which will be located on the Level One/B side of the airport and be scheduled for the next available shuttle.
When returning home, guests are notified the day prior to their departure of the pick-up time. The Motor Coach is scheduled to pick up guests approximately 3 hours prior to their flight departure. Guests are picked up directly from their Disney resort.
Transportation is provided round the clock and is available seven days a week. Guests using the Disney's Magical Express service should anticipate sharing transportation with vacationers staying at the other Disney resorts.
These services are provided through a partnership with the Orlando International Airport, Mears Transportation, BAGS Inc., ARINC Incorporated, the Transportation Security Administration and the participating airlines.
Disney's Magical Express can be booked with any new package or room-only reservation. Disney will need to be provided with the Originating/connecting city into the Orlando airport, the departure destination, the Airline carrier and the flight numbers.
If the flight has not been booked when the Disney resort reservation is made, it can be added up to 10 days in advance.
Documentation will be provided twenty-one days prior to arrival. Guests will receive an Airport Transportation Booklet which will provide an overview of the service and will also have the luggage tags which are to be attached to the checked bags prior to departure. If the Disney's Magical Express service is added within 10 days of arrival, alternate arrangements will be made.
- Dates and seminars announced for Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Food & Wine Classic - 2014 will be the 5th year for this event that features wine and beer seminars, tasting stations and live music.
- VIDEO: 2014 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival - One of the most welcome signs of spring is Epcot's annual International Flower & Garden Festival. While the grounds at Epcot are always beautiful, the Flower and Garden Festival takes them to the next level. At the festival you'll find gardens, topiaries, play areas, outdoor food kitchens, exhibits, music, and more.
- Blog - Disney's Festival of Fantasy Parade debuts at the Magic Kingdom!
- VIDEO - Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade - Festival of Fantasy is the brand new daily parade at the Magic Kingdom bringing the characters and stories of New Fantasyland to life! Brand new floats and costumes were produced for the parade featuring characters from Frozen, Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella, Princess and the Frog, Brave, Dumbo, Pinocchio, The Little Mermaid, Peter Pan, Sleeping Beauty, Tangled, Fantasia, Snow White and more!
- Photo Gallery of the Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade - The "Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade" celebrates New Fantasyland with new innovative floats, costumes and an all-new soundtrack that features songs from popular Disney films.
- VIDEO - Topiaries at Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival - The Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival is better than before in 2014 and features some of the most beautiful and elaborate topiaries seen anywhere. New this year includes 'Spring is in the Air!' featuring Goofy, Donald and Daisy as you enter the park; Soccer Goofy and Donald; and Kermit the Frog & Miss Piggy inspired by "Muppets Most Wanted". Returning favorites include Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Buzz Lightyear, Lightning McQueen, Tow Mater, Phineas and Ferb, Tinker Bell, Bambi and Friends, Peter Pan and Captain Hook, Winnie the Pooh and Friends, Classic Disney Couples, Woody, Lady and the Tramp, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, The Lion King, Pandas, Troll and Fantasia!
- VIDEO - Outdoor Kitchens at Epcot Flower & Garden Festival - After the popular introduction in 2013, the outdoor kitchens are back at the 2014 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival serving up some of the finest and freshest food at Epcot in a similar fashion to the Food & Wine Festival. Outdoor kitchens include Pineapple Promenade, The Buttercup Cottage, Fleur de Lys, Taste of Marrakesh, Hanami, The Smokehouse: Barbecue and Brews, Primavera Kitchen, Florida Fresh, Lotus House, Jardin de Fiestas, and the new Urban Farm EATS!
- VIDEO - Festival Center at the Flower & Garden Festival - Video of the Festival Center at Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival 2014. The festival center is where you can find many of the seminars and presentations featured during the Festival.
- 2014 Flower & Garden Festival Photos - 2014 photo gallery of Epcot's International Flower & Garden Festival
- Inaugural Disney Fit Challenge to be held in September - Competitions will include tests of power, speed, balance, strength and endurance.
- Blog - A Shopping Oasis: Merchandise at Disney's Flower & Garden Festival
- Pollo Campero at Downtown Disney will be closing 3/19/14 - Pollo Campero, Bodie's All-American Grill and Babycakes NYC will be closing 3/19/14. Babycakes NYC will still be providing gluten-free items to select Walt Disney World food courts and restaurants.
- Blog - 2014 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival opens in Epcot
- Registration for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon opens today - This race is held in conjunction with the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Materializes in Disney Parks
- New dates for D23's Destination D - The event will be held November 22-23, 2014.
- 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon dates - Registration for the 2015 marathon begins 4/22/14.
- Blog - A Brit's Perspective - Changing of the Seasons at the Orlando theme parks
- Rebel Rendezvous merchandise event planned for Star Wars Weekends - Attendees will receive exclusive access to Darth's Mall a day before it opens to the public.
- Blog - A February Stroll through the Magic Kingdom
- Walt Disney World restaurants add Braille menus - Beginning March 1, select restaurants will be adding Braille menus, though a list of participating restaurants is not yet available. The Braille menus will have examples of the menu items but may not list all the short term or temporary items.
- Family Ticket offer - get one free day! - Get one FREE additional day on each ticket when you buy 6 or more 4-day or longer Magic Your Way tickets!
- Blog - Disney's Polynesian Resort is Changing in a Big Way
- Just announced! Festival of Fantasy parade will debut March 9! - This parade will run daily in the afternoons at the Magic Kingdom.
- Celebrate Earth Day at Disney's Animal Kingdom - The park is also celebrating the release of Disneynature's newest film Bears, which hits theaters April 18.
- Car Masters Weekend to be held at Downtown Disney - This event takes place June 14-15.
- Walt Disney World ticket prices increase - Ticket prices have gone up effective today, Sunday, February 23.
- Mighty St. Patrick's Day Festival planned for Downtown Disney - Downtown Disney celebrates St. Patrick's Day with live music, a step-by-step Irish jig workshop, classic Irish food and drink, Irish storytellers, Irish history and merchandise at Raglan Road's Shop.
- Star Wars Weekends - extra weekend added, plus Hyperspace Hoopla cancelled - A nightly fireworks show has been added instead of the Hyperspace Hoopla party.
- Rapids ride evacutated at Universal Orlando
- Leadership changes at Walt Disney World resorts and transportation
- Disney and unions extend contract
- Major staff cuts at Disney Interactive
- Blackfish director denies receiving confidential information
- Hank Wiliams Jr. and Alabama to perform at SeaWorld
- Universal Orlando parking garage closed for suspicious vehicle
- SeaWorld calls for investigation of OSHA inspector
- Preview of food items for Wizarding World of Harry Potter expansion
- Disney announces theme parks will stay open for 24-hour party