Disney's Magical Express
- Magical Express Discussions
(Forums Tip - DME is short for Disney's Magical Express)
If you’re visiting Walt Disney World and staying at a Disney owned resort, you’ll be able to take advantage of complimentary airport shuttle service, luggage delivery and airline check-in.
Disney's Magical Express service allows guests to check their luggage at their hometown airport and have it taken directly from the Orlando International Airport to their Disney Resort. (This service is patterned after the luggage system used by Disney Cruise Line guests who use DCL transfers.)
At the Magical Express Welcome Center, guests can pre-register for the Resort Airline Check-In Service (You must be using one of the participating airlines as noted below).
While the inbound domestic airlines are not restricted, outbound domestic flight check in at the resort is limited to guests flying on:
- AirTran Airways
- Alaska Airline
- Jet Blue
- Southwest (limited resorts)
- US Airways
If you arrive after 10 PM luggage service will not be available. You will need to take your luggage to the Welcome Center for Disney's Magical Express. You and your luggage will be transported on the bus.
The Walt Disney World resorts offer international flight check-in service.
IMPORTANT: Guests must be 12 or older to travel unaccompanied on Disney's Magical Express.
Guests flying United Airlines who use the Resort Check-In are currently exempt from the airline's checked bag fee. (This is subject to change at any time.)
Guests who are flying on AirTran**, American, Continental, Delta**, Northwest or USAirways need to pay the airline's checked bag fee for all luggage prior to utilizing the Resort Check-In service. If this fee is not paid in advance, the bags will need to be checked by you upon arrival at the airport.
**AirTran and Delta charge for the first checked bag.
The checked/excess bag fees are paid via Baggage Airline Guest Services (BAGS), the contractor for this service. The extra bag fee must be paid to BAGS in advance of using your resort's airline check-in service.
BAGS can be reached by calling 407-284-1231 between 7 am and 11 pm. This call is free when made from your Disney resort room. Only Master Card, Visa and American Express are accepted as payment.
If your luggage does not meet size/weight requirements and you have not paid the fees in advance, you will be unable to check the bags in at your resort. You will need to check-in your luggage upon arrival at the Orlando airport.
If you are not using one of these carriers, you can still use Magical Express but you will need to check-in for your flight at the airport.
In order to pre-register, you must do so at least two calendar days prior to your departure. If the length of your stay prevents you from doing this, you can still go to the desk to use this service.
When pre-registering, you still need to go to the Resort Airline Check-in desk with your bags and to get your boarding pass.
Magical Express guests can check-in at any time on their day of departure as long as it is not less than 3 hours prior to their flight departure time.
Below is the full set of policies for using the Resort Airline Check-In Service:
- On their day of departure, Guests must check-in no less than 3 hours prior to their flight departure time
- Guests with a flight departure time before 8:00 a.m. must check-in at the airport
- For families traveling together, a parent or guardian may check-in for their spouse and minor children
- Some Guests may be selected to check-in at the airport and may not be able to use the service
- Luggage must be 50 pounds or less to use the service
- One checked bag per person permitted. If you have more than that, you will need to check-in at the airport
- A valid government issued photo ID and Key to the World Card are required
- Luggage arriving late
- Up to an hour or more of transportation time
- Multiple stops at Disney resorts for other guests
The Disney's Magical Express complimentary shuttle service is provided by Mears Transportation. Upon arrival at the Orlando International Airport, guests should proceed to the Disney Welcome Center which will be located on the Level One/B side of the airport and be scheduled for the next available shuttle.
When returning home, guests are notified the day prior to their departure of the pick-up time. The Motor Coach is scheduled to pick up guests approximately 3 hours prior to their flight departure. Guests are picked up directly from their Disney resort.
Transportation is provided round the clock and is available seven days a week. Guests using the Disney's Magical Express service should anticipate sharing transportation with vacationers staying at the other Disney resorts.
These services are provided through a partnership with the Orlando International Airport, Mears Transportation, BAGS Inc., ARINC Incorporated, the Transportation Security Administration and the participating airlines.
Disney's Magical Express can be booked with any new package or room-only reservation. Disney will need to be provided with the Originating/connecting city into the Orlando airport, the departure destination, the Airline carrier and the flight numbers.
If the flight has not been booked when the Disney resort reservation is made, it can be added up to 10 days in advance.
Documentation will be provided twenty-one days prior to arrival. Guests will receive an Airport Transportation Booklet which will provide an overview of the service and will also have the luggage tags which are to be attached to the checked bags prior to departure. If the Disney's Magical Express service is added within 10 days of arrival, alternate arrangements will be made.
- Blog - Magic Kingdom February Construction Update
- Backstage Safari tour ends today; the new Backstage Tales tour will begin March 1 - The new tour will be offered daily.
- New menu items added at Raglan Road - These have been released just in time for St. Patrick's Day.
- Dates announced for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Tickets will go on sale in April.
- Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party dates announced; tickets on sale in April - Dates are available in September-November.
- Magic Kingdom resorts test direct bus to Typhoon Lagoon - As part of a test through March 28, Wilderness Lodge and the Contemporary will share a direct bus to Typhoon Lagoon. The Polynesian and the Grand Floridian will do the same.
- Disney World's Pirates of the Caribbean to be closed for the summer - The ride will be closed from 5/11 - 9/25/2015.
- Why taking kids would never ruin a Disney Vacation - In response to the article Why I Wouldn’t Ruin My Disney Vacation By Taking Kids.
- Raglan Road's Mighty Festival: St Patrick's Week to be held March 13-17 - Downtown Disney celebrates St. Patrick's Day with live music, classic Irish food and drinks, face painting and merchandise at Raglan Road's Shop.
- WonderGround Gallery expands at Marketplace Co-Op - In early March, the WonderGround Gallery will expand into the area occupied by Beautifully Disney makeup.
- New menu items available at Downtown Disney's Fantasy Fare food truck - The food trucks are all located in Exposition Park, between Bongo's Cuban Cafe and Starbucks.
- ESPN's Mike and Mike show celebrates 15th anniversary with live broadcast - The live show will take place March 6, 2015 at the Waterside Stage, Downtown Disney Marketplace from 6:00-10:00am.
- Easy ways to stay healthy at Disney
- The Other Hawaii (Part 1): How to See the Best of the Islands from a Cruise Ship
- Blog - Have you ever wondered? A peek into the Disney details
- Walt Disney World ticket prices increased - As expected, a Magic Kingdom ticket is now $105 per day.
- Seven Resorts In Seven Days Part 7: Disney's Old Key West Resort
- Seven Resorts In Seven Days Part 6: Disney's Boardwalk Inn Resort
- List of several new drinks planned for Epcot Flower & Garden Festival - This year's Festival will be held March 4-May 17, 2015.
- Seven Resorts In Seven Days Part 5: Disney's Yacht Club Resort
- Save up to 30% on a stay at Aulani - booking date extended! - Savings Include: 3-night stays: 10% off, 4-night stays: 20% off, or 5-or more night stays: 30% off
- Blog - Federal Court Dismisses Lawsuit Alleging "Frozen" is "My Life Story"
- Rumor: Walt Disney World ticket prices will increase February 22 - The no-expiration option may be discontinued and a Water Park-Hopper add-on may be introduced. Rumors are also that one-day Magic Kingdom tickets will increase to $105 and one-day tickets to the other theme parks will be priced at $99.
- Spirit of Aloha dinner show cancelled on 2/19/15 - Both the 5:15 and 8:15pm shows have been cancelled.
- Seven Resorts In Seven Days Part 4: Disney's Beach Club Resort
- List of sample menu items from this year's upcoming Flower and Garden Festival - This year's Festival will be held March 4-May 17, 2015.
- 2015 Star Wars Weekends info and artwork released - More info still to come.
- Typhoon Lagoon will be closed 2/18 and 2/19 - This is due to low temperatures in the area.
- Seven Disney Resorts In Seven Days Part 3: Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa
- Seven Disney Resorts In Seven Days Part 2: Disney's Polynesian Village Resort
- Pose with an Oscar statuette at Disney's Hollywood Studios - During regular park hours in the Magic of Disney Animation building, guests can walk the red carpet and pose in front of the Oscars backdrop.
- Big Thunder Mountain refurb moves to April - This was originally scheduled to take place March 4-7, but is now scheduled for April 27-30.
- Seven Disney Resorts In Seven Days Part 1: Disney's Wilderness Lodge Resort
- Blog - Charlotte Olympia Launches Disney's Cinderella Collection
- Blog - Why I Wouldn't Ruin My Disney Vacation By Taking Kids
- Blog - Downtown Disney Construction Update
- Typhoon Lagoon closed through 2/15/15 - This is due to projected low temperatures in the Orlando area.
- 8:15pm Spirit of Aloha dinner show cancelled on 2/13 and 2/14 - The show is being cancelled due to the expected low temperatures.
- Blog - Upcoming Dooney & Bourke Releases at Walt Disney World
- New operating hours for Typhoon Lagoon's Shark Reef - This area opens 2 hours after park opening and closes one hour before park closing or 5:00pm, whichever is first.
- Reservations to be accepted at Be Our Guest beginning Feb. 25 - Reservations will be available for lunch beginning February 25, both by phone and on MyDisneyExperience. If using MyDisneyExperience, you will have the option to pre-order your food and drinks.
- Typhoon Lagoon closed 2/5-2/6 for cold temps - Blizzard Beach is currently closed for its annual scheduled maintenance.
- Blog - Disney's Hollywood Studios Construction Update Part II
- What to Do When You Can't Get into Beaches and Cream
- The Business of Magic: 2015 Food Prices
- Trolley Car Cafe, Hollywood Studios' new Starbucks, to open February 3 - The Cafe is located on Hollywood Blvd in a space previously used as a retail store.
- July 2015 Walt Disney World Park Hours
- Blog - Discovering "The Bare Necessities" of Disney Life Between Disney Vacations
- February Merchandise Events and Artist Appearances/Signings - Disney artists regularly make appearances around the Walt Disney World Resort.
- Whispering Canyon Cafe breakfast moves to Artist Point for 2 days - The Whispering Canyon Cafe's breakfast will be served in Artist Point on 2/5/15 and 2/12/15 due to work in the hotel's lobby. The full breakfast menu, except for pancakes, will be available.
- Modified routes for the monorail in February and early March - Modified routes will take place February 3-5, 9-12, 23-26 and March 2-5 from 11am-7pm.
- 2015 Night of Joy entertainers announced - Night of Joy will be held at the Magic Kingdom on September 11 - 12, 2015.
- Blog - Do You Own the Space Above You in a Theme Park?
- Rumor: Walt Disney World ticket prices to increase in February - Rumors are that ticket prices will go up in mid-February. The no-expiration option may be discontinued and a Water Park-Hopper add-on may be introduced.
- Blog - INTERVIEW – Billy Magnussen: The 'Other Prince' in Into The Wood
- Running the Parks Part 3 - Disney Running Resources - In this post I discuss some of the resources I have found to be most useful when doing research for a Disney running vacation.
- Take a baby to a Disney theme park? Are you nuts?
- List of restaurants and retailers coming to The Landing at Disney Springs - The first phase of Disney Springs will open in Spring 2015.
- Annual Passholder mini golf discount drops to 15% - Previously the discount had been 50% off of miniature golf.
- Blog - Disney's Hollywood Studios Construction Update
- Splitsville to feature live bands on Saturday nights - Every Saturday, 9:00pm-12:30am, a live band will take the stage in the Bullet Bar for a free concert.
- Kali River Rapids begins 2-week rehab - The Animal Kingdom attraction will be closed through February 2.
- Blog - Disney & Starbucks Bring New Mug Collection to Stores
- Polynesian DVC Resort can soon be booked by general public - Beginning February 11, these can be booked by the general public when they are not in use by DVC members. The bungalows will have limited availability.
- Downtown Disney internal boats will not stop at Pleasure Island - They will only run between the Marketplace and West Side.
- Blog - Disney asks Court to Dismiss "Absurd" Frozen Copyright Lawsuit
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Backlot Express - Star Tours - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Backlot Express - Star Tours
- Dates announced for 2015 Epcot Food and Wine Festival - The Festival will be held September 25-November 16, 2015.
- Epcot Flower Power Concerts renamed "Garden Rocks Concert Series" - The Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival will be held March 4-May 17.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Stormalong Bay - Crescent Lake - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Stormalong Bay - Crescent Lake January 5, 2014 - Afternoon
- Happy 40th birthday to Space Mountain! - Along with Carousel of Progress, this Magic Kingdom attraction opened on January 15, 1975.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Hollywood Boulevard - Sorcerer Mickey Hat - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Hollywood Boulevard - Sorcerer Mickey Hat
- Blog - 1/14/15: Magic Kingdom Hub Construction Update
- SeaWorld lays off Clyde & Seamore mimes, among others
- Man sentenced to 5 years for Disney ticket scam
- Club 33 members upset about more changes to benefits
- Iger says future Star Wars attractions to be based on new films
- SeaWorld's CEO steps down
- Man sues SeaWorld for automatically renewing his annual pass
- Retirement date set for Disney's Meg Crofton
- Woman sues Disney, claiming disability after falling from carousel horse
- Hotel leadership changes at Walt Disney World
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer released