Accessing the Internet on a Disney Vacation
It's not unusual for today's vacationers to bring a laptop along for the trip. In response to this, Disney is continually updating guest computer access at the resorts.
All of the Disney resorts and theme parks have Complimentary Wireless Internet Access. In our experience, the speed isn't great and the connection often drops. Hopefully this will improve in the future.
Technical support is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Requirements: A laptop with wireless internet capabilities.
Computer Rentals: You can rent a computer at the Disney Resort Business Centers which are located at the resorts listed in the next section. These computers can be accessed during normal Business Center Hours. The center is to be contacted for pricing/availabilty.
Additionally, laptops can be rented. These require 24 hours notice.
The Disney Cruise Line ships offer Wireless
If your laptop is wireless ready, you can bring it onboard the Disney Cruise Line and use it to surf the net and have full access to your personal files. There is a fee associated with using the onboard wireless. Click Here for more information
Charging cell phones in the parks:
- In the Magic Kingdom - USB ports and 110v outlets are located in Storybook Circus near Pete's Silly Sideshow, Space Mountain gift shop and in the Tangled restroom area. You will need your own charger.
- At any of the parks, if you have your charger, you can also leave your phone at guest relations. They will give you a Article Storage Ticket and you can pick it back up whenver you want.
- There are regular wall outlets to be found around the parks, but - Do not unplug anything or move anything to get to an outlet. Play it safe and ask a cast member if there's anywhere you can plug in.
Complimentary wi-Fi is offered at all Disney Resorts and throughout the theme parks. If you have a Wi-Fi enabled laptop or PDA, you can also access the internet from common areas at the resort. Just select the correct network, connect and accept the terms and conditions. Covered cellular carriers include AT&T, Verizon, Spring, T-Mobile and MetroPCS.
Common areas with free wifi:
Bus stops, feature pool, main lobby, porte cochere
Requirements: If needed, you may be able to purchase a Wireless Interface Card (WIC) in the resort's business center (locations at resorts listed below).
Disney World Locations:
- The Mara
- Kidani Village bus stop
- Lobby and villas at Kidani
- Main Lobby area
- Stone Harbor Club Concierge Lounge
- Stormalong Bay Pool area
- Beaches and Cream
- Cape May Cafe
- Convention Center Hallways/Common Areas
- Resort Lobby
- Main Swimming Pool Area
- Concierge Lounges
- Bellevue Lounge
- Conference Center (including lobby and porte cochere)
- Outside on The Boardwalk
- Front Desk sitting area
- 14th Floor Concierge sitting area
- Outer Rim Bar
- 1st Floor Convention Center Lobby
- 2nd Floor Convention Center Lobby
- Feature Pool
- Chef Mickey's
- The Wave
- Contempo Cafe
- Bay Lake Tower - rooms, lobby and porte cochere
- Main Hotel Lobby
- Convention Center Lobby
- Feature Pool
- Francisco's Lounge
- Maya Grill
- Pepper market
- Food court
- Reception Outpost Internet Cafe
- Meadows Trading Post
- Crockett's Tavern
- 1st Floor Lobby including the Tea Room
- Convention Center
- Beach Pool
- 4th Floor Concierge sitting area
- Victoria & Albert's
- 1900 Park Fare
- Grand Floridian Cafe
- Gasparilla Grill & Games
- Turtle Shack
- Captain Cooks
- Kona Cafe
- Luaua Cove
- Turf Club
- High Rock Springs Pool
- Treehouse Villas
- Artist Point
- Roaring Forks
- Whispering Canyon Cafe
- Wilderness Lodge Villas
- Main Lobby (both resorts)
- Concierge sitting area (both resorts)
- Convention Center Lobby
- Stormalong Bay Pool
- Captain's Grille
- Yachtsman Steakhouse
Wi-Fi networks may be the fastest-growing segment of Wi-Fi service, as more and more travelers and mobile professionals look for fast and secure Internet access wherever they are while they travel. Wi-Fi networks soon will be found in urban areas providing coverage throughout cities, or they will even be available on major highways, enabling access anywhere you can pull over and stop the car.
Please note you only have true freedom to be connected anywhere if your computer is configured with a Wi-Fi CERTIFIED radio (a PC Card or similar device). Wi-Fi certification means that you will be able to connect anywhere there are other compatible Wi-Fi CERTIFIED products — whether you are at home, the office or corporate campus, or in airports, hotels, coffee shops and other public areas equipped with Wi-Fi access available.
Wi-Fi Service systems being used now in the
Boingo Wireless, Inc. is an ultra-high-speed wireless Internet service available in thousands of locations such as hotels, airports, cafes, and other public places, in dozens of countries throughout the world. Both directly and through major carrier and ISP partners, Boingo provides business travelers with a wireless broadband Internet connection to improve productivity while on the road. Through its Wi-Fi software and Roaming System, Boingo makes finding and connecting to Wi-Fi networks point-and-click simple and secure. More information about Boingo is available at www.boingo.com.
Trustive - Wireless Internet access provider (virtual WISP or VWISP) Wireless freedom For more info go to www.trustive.com/
Wayport is the one of the leading providers of high-speed wired and Wi-Fi (802.11b) wireless Internet access for travelers throughout an extensive network of hotels, airports, cafes, and other public places, in dozens of countries throughout the world. For more information on locations go to www.wayport.com/
T-Mobile Wireless Internet Access - T-Mobile Hot Spots Wireless Internet Access Service, Services T-Mobile HotSpot provides high-speed Wi-Fi wireless Internet access in convenient public locations. For locations go to www.t-mobile.com/hotspot/
hereUare Communications provides a suite of innovative services based on the internationally recognized IEEE 802.11 (Wi-Fi) standard and tailored to meet the unique requirements of the high-speed public wireless industry. www.hereuare.com/
STSN is one of the leading providers of secure wired and wireless broadband services to the hospitality industry. Every month, more than a quarter million business travelers rely on STSN to increase their productivity with secure, easy-to-use, high-speed connectivity options in more than 1,900 hotels and 265,000 guest rooms, including 5,000 hotel meeting rooms worldwide. www.stsn.com/hotel_locator.php
- Updated menu for Gardens Kiosk at Animal Kingdom - A new menu is available now that Flame Tree Barbecue Restaurant has reopened.
- Flame Tree Barbecue Restaurant reopens with a few menu changes - A Jamaican Jerk Salad and a Watermelon Salad have been added to the menu. Jalepeno cornbread replaces coleslaw as a side.
- Disney Visa cardholders can save 35% at Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows - Disney Visa cardholders can save 35% on Deluxe Studio-Standard View rooms when staying most nights 7/5/15-10/3/15.
- When you are shaped more like Buzz or Woody than Snow White - For people like myself, of size, visiting a theme park comes with some concerns.
- Confirmed: The Magic of Disney Animation will close July 12 - A Disney spokeswoman said, "Work is underway on a new experience, and we look forward to sharing more information in the future."
- Walt Disney World merchandise events for July 2015 - List of artist appearances and signings around the Walt Disney World Resort.
- D-Zone relaxation area to be added to Innoventions West - Guests will be able to find food carts, seating and charging stations here.
- Captain EO to return to Epcot July 19 - It has been on hiatus for a few months for sneak previews of Tomorrowland and Inside Out.
- Animal Kingdom Updates - Two new shops have opened since my last update and I highly recommend you check them out.
- Flame Tree BBQ restaurant rehab extended through June 29 - The restaurant should reopen July 1.
- 2016 Disney Dining Plan pricing - Price list for the Quick-Service, Regular and Deluxe Dining Plans.
- Classic Shows Breathe New Life Thanks to FastPass+ - OK, Iím a nostalgic kind of person. For me, what keeps me coming back are the classic attractions and shows.
- List of 2016 Disney Dining Plan participating restaurants - More restaurants are generally added toward the end of the year as contracts with non-Disney owned and operated restaurants are finalized.
- What Souvenirs Are Worth The Money At A Disney Park? - In my opinion souvenirs are crucial in bringing the Disney memories home with you, but how many of them end up in the back of your closet?
- Walking in Walt's Footsteps: Kansas City Edition - We decided to visit a couple of landmarks important to the history of the Walt Disney Company and Walt Disney himself.
- Animal Kingdom to test opening the Oasis area 30 minutes early - This will only take place on mornings that do not have Extra Magic Hours.
- Hot Cheese Sauce removed from Disney World counter service restaurants - It may be available behind the counter if guests request it, but there's no indication if this is a permanent possibility or if that supply will go away too.
- Registration details for Tables in Wonderland's Epcot International Food & Wine Festival Sneak Preview - The event will be held Sunday, July 12, 2015 from 12:00-2:00pm.
- Walt Disney World plans 4th of July festivities - There are special fireworks planned for Magic Kingdom, Epcot and Hollywood Studios.
- Living with the Land will be closed for a week in September - The Epcot ride will be closed for refurbishment 9/8/2015 - 9/17/2015.
- Annual passholder and DVC discounts added to World Showcase DestiNations Discovered tour - Annual passholders will receive a 10% discount and DVC members will receive a 15% discount.
- Candlelight Processional dates and dining package prices - This year's event will be held November 27 - December 30, 2015. Narrators will be announced at a later date.
- Splash Mountain added to evening Extra Magic Hours
- Coronado Springs fitness center and Casitas pool to be closed for 3 months - Fitness Center and Casitas Leisure Pool closed 7/5/2015 - 10/12/2015. The main pool and other leisure pools will be open during this time. There will be a temporary fitness center in the Casitas area.
- 2016 Walt Disney World packages released - Information for 2016 packages has been released and these are now available for booking.
- Great Movie Ride offers new photo op - Guests can take part in a new photo op outside the Chinese Theater, allowing them to walk the red carpet and put their hands in "cement" just like the stars.
- Disney resort pools hosting Disney Jr. Pool Parties - Music and activities will be themed around Sofia the First, Doc McStuffins, Jake and the Neverland Pirates, Miles from Tomorrowland and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Pool staff will lead young guests in games like "Sofia Says", sing-a-longs and dance parties.
- Be Prepared! EPCOTís Plan for the Massive Influx of Children Will Be... Nothing? - My EPCOT Center has been gone for awhile...and although Iíve slowly been dealing with what I see as a neglected, bare-boned version (now with even less attractions), new problems are popping up from a lack of vision for this parkís future.
- Animal Kingdom Starbucks donates portion of sales for animal conservation - For every Starbucks Flat White Latte sold, a portion of the sale price will benefit conservation programs to save the cotton-top tamarin in Colombia. The drink's look represents the cotton-top tamarin's white fur on top of their heads.
- Watch faces soon available for MagicBands - This summer, two watch faces will be introducted for MagicBands - a Minnie analog face and a black digital face.
- Discounted two round golf pass available - Play two rounds of golf, any day, any time, any course for a discounted rate.
- Starbucks opens at Disney's Animal Kingdom - This is located in the old Creature Comforts location.
- A Tale of Two Disney Birthdays - Is it alright to wear a birthday button if it is not actually your birthday?
- 2016 Aulani vacation packages now available for booking - Packages are available for booking for dates 1/1/16 and beyond, but cannot be booked more than 499 days in advance.
- Experiencing the Disney theme parks while pregnant - Being pregnant at Disney can make it a different vacation, but still very fun.
- Zuri's Sweets Shop opens at Disney's Animal Kingdom - The treats will all be inspired by Africa and many will be unique to this location.
- Frozen Summer Fun LIVE! begins today at Hollywood Studios - The world of Frozen is taking over Hollywood Studios this summer! Spend the day enjoying the interactive experiences!
- Walt Disney World package offers available for families - A "Kid-sized package" and a "Magic Together" package are both available. Valid for stays select nights 8/15/15 - 10/3/15.
- Summer room only offer for Walt Disney World Annual Passholders - Valid for stays most nights 6/16/15 - 8/27/15.
- Tips for planning your 2016 Walt Disney World vacation - Walt Disney World will be releasing the pricing and availability for 2016 rooms and packages on June 22, 2015.
- Rustlin' up some grub at Disney's Trail's End Restaurant - Recently we tried Trail's End Restaurant at Disney's Fort Wilderness campground, and were not disappointed.
- Summer room offer for Florida residents - Valid for stays most nights 6/6/15 - 8/13/15.
- Review: Jedi Mickey's Star Wars Dine at Star Wars Weekends - This dinner is held at Hollywood and Vine Restaurant and is a dinner buffet featuring Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald, Chip and Dale all dressed as Star Wars characters.
- Zuri's Sweets Shop coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom - This will be located in Harambe Market and will feature 80 new items such as decorative candy apples, flavored chocolate bars and popcorn.
- Walt Disney World adds more allergy-friendly menus - Allergy-friendly menus will be available at Magic Kingdom, the Deluxe hotels and Trail's End Restaurant later this month.
- A World of Lights: Aulani Edition - A showcase of uniquely themed light features at Aulani.
- 2016 Walt Disney World packages open for booking June 22! - Request a quote today to be added to our waitlist!
- Tony's Town Square Restaurant doing away with separate lunch and dinner times - Beginning July 3, the restaurant will be open straight through from 11:00am - 9:30pm.
- Taking a Disney Babymoon: 10 Ways to Make it Extra Special - Here are 10 tips I can offer to make your Disney babymoon a memorable experience.
- Tips for saving money on a Disney vacation - Disney fans are always on the lookout for deals and ways to save money in order to make another trip back to the magic.
- Norway Pavilion's Frozen attraction rumored to be opening May 1, 2016 - This attraction will be replacing the Maelstrom.
- Pizzafari will no longer serve breakfast - Breakfast at this Animal Kingdom restaurant will end June 17, as the park's new Starbucks will serve breakfast beginning June 18.
- Pirates of the Caribbean rehab begins - The Magic Kingdom attraction will be closed from June 8-September 25.
- Starbucks to open at Animal Kingdom June 18 - This will open on Discovery Island in the former Creature Comforts location.
- "Frozen Fever" short to be shown at Disney's Hollywood Studios - The new animated short, Frozen Fever, will be shown in the ABC Sound Studio from June 17-September 7.
- PhotoPass to be available at Disney water parks - PhotoPass photographers will be stationed at the water parks through Labor Day.
- Kids golf free in the afternoons at Aulani - Kids under 17 can golf free after 3:00pm at the Ko Olina Golf Club when accompanied by a paying adult.
- Blog - Disney Parks Take Top Six Spots In America Last Year
- Tables in Wonderland hosts Jiko Wine Dinner - This event will be held at Animal Kingdom Lodge on Thursday, June 11.
- Bus Roulette at Walt Disney World - The rules are simple, you jump on the first bus that comes.
- Mickey's Backyard BBQ now open 4 days per week - New food items have been added to the menu as well.
- 5 Surprisingly Romantic Spots in a Disney Park - There are actually many overlooked areas in the parks that are surprisingly romantic.
- New details for the 2015 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival - New premium events and a kids' scavenger hunt have been added for this year.
- June merchandise events for Walt Disney World - List of merchandise events and artist appearances/signings around the Walt Disney World Resort.
- Disney Dining Guide: San Angel Inn Restaurante - A look at one of the first options you come to when entering the World Showcase from the Mexican side.
- VIDEO: NEW Brunch at Chef Mickey's Overview - The menu expands from the regular breakfast offerings and includes: soup, salads (caesar, seafood, broccoli, antipasto, chicken and caprese), hot dishes (BBQ ribs, seafood etouffee, baked salmon). Mickey waffles, ice cream and bakery treats are also on the menu.
- Thinking About the Relative Cost of Disney... - How does the price of a day at Disney compare to the price of other forms of recreation?
- TCM updates have been added to The Great Movie Ride - After months of anticipation, the TCM changes to The Great Movie Ride are now in place and bring new life to one of the most dated attractions at Walt Disney World.
- Changes to Disney's Rapid Fill Mugs in Walt Disney World - Do you purchase a rapid fill mug for your resort stay or do you purchase single-serving cups or bottles?
- 5 Life Lessons I Learned From Visiting Walt Disney World
- Tusker House: Character Dining At Disney's Animal Kingdom
- Eat to the Beat Concert Series schedule released - The 2015 schedule for Epcot's Eat to the Beat Concert Series has been released and includes new artists Tiffany, Everclear and Chaka Khan.
- Can you take the heat? Going to Disney World in the summer - Itís no surprise that Florida is hot and humid. But, what do you do when you really want to go to Disney World and the only available time is the summer?
- Tables in Wonderland presents Epcot International Food & Wine Festival Sneak Preview - Sample foods and beverages from this year's Festival.
- Best Places To Take Mid-Day Breaks Within Disney's Hollywood Studios - Try taking a break from the action within the parks without hiking all the way back to the resort.
- 7in7+ Disneyland Edition - Residence Inn Maingate
- New stage show for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party - Disney has a announced a new "Hocus Pocus" themed villains show for this year's Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party.
- Star Wars, Star What ?!? - Why a non Star Wars fan should attend Star Wars weekends
- 7in7+ Disneyland Edition - Knott's Berry Farm
- 7in7+ Disneyland Edition - Sheraton Park
- New Epcot tour- World Showcase DestiNations Discovered - This 5-hour walking tour will take guests backstage at the World Showcase.
- 7in7+ Disneyland Edition - California Adventure
- 7in7+ Disneyland Edition - Grand Californian
- Blog - I Can Go the Distance...Now That I've Processed My Race Deferral
- Harambe Market opens at Disney's Animal Kingdom - This new quick-service location is located behind the Mombasa Marketplace.
- 7in7+ Disneyland Edition - Hilton Anaheim
- Hoypoloi closing at Downtown Disney 5/25/15 - It will be replaced by United World Soccer in July.
- 7in7+ Disneyland Edition - Howard Johnson Anaheim
- 7in7+ Disneyland Edition - Downtown Anaheim
- 7in7+ Disneyland Edition - Disneyland Hotel
- 7in7+ Disneyland Edition - Disneyland Park
- 'Paint the Night' Full Nighttime Electrical Parade - 'Paint the Night' is the brand new nighttime electrical parade at Disneyland for the 60th Anniversary Celebration. 'Paint the Night' originated in Hong Kong Disneyland and proved popular enough to replicate for Disneyland Park, with just a few improvements like the Main Street Electrical Parade drum float leading off the parade and a brand new Frozen float with Anna, Elsa and Olaf!
- VIDEO: 'World of Color - Celebrate' Full Show with Outros - World of Color - Celebrate tells the story and legacy of Walt Disney as narrated by Neil Patrick Harris and the one and only Mickey Mouse. The story starts with Walt creating Mickey Mouse and showing his evolution before moving into Walt's progression into feature length animation. The story wraps with Disneyland and remembering that it was all started by a mouse.
- VIDEO: The Force Awakens and Star Tours in 'World of Color - Celebrate' - In the brand new World of Color - Celebrate, Star Wars - The Force Awakens and Star Tours make an appearance in the show highlighting the great things to come from Walt Disney's life as hosted by Neil Patrick Harris and Mickey Mouse.
- Life Through the Disney Lens
- New additions announced for Disney Springs - There are several retail stores and dining venues on the list.
- Blog - Review: "Tomorrowland" perfectly channels Walt Disney's philosophy and spirit
- Blog - Top 5 ways to be a good guest at Walt Disney World - Do's and Don'ts
- Blog - Star Wars Weekend Merchandise Hits the Shelves
- SeaWorld lays off Clyde & Seamore mimes, among others
- Man sentenced to 5 years for Disney ticket scam
- Club 33 members upset about more changes to benefits
- Iger says future Star Wars attractions to be based on new films
- SeaWorld's CEO steps down
- Man sues SeaWorld for automatically renewing his annual pass
- Retirement date set for Disney's Meg Crofton
- Woman sues Disney, claiming disability after falling from carousel horse
- Hotel leadership changes at Walt Disney World
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer released