Accessing the Internet on a Disney Vacation
It's not unusual for today's vacationers to bring a laptop along for the trip. In response to this, Disney is continually updating guest computer access at the resorts.
All of the Disney resorts and theme parks have Complimentary Wireless Internet Access. In our experience, the speed isn't great and the connection often drops. Hopefully this will improve in the future.
Technical support is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Requirements: A laptop with wireless internet capabilities.
Computer Rentals: You can rent a computer at the Disney Resort Business Centers which are located at the resorts listed in the next section. These computers can be accessed during normal Business Center Hours. The center is to be contacted for pricing/availabilty.
Additionally, laptops can be rented. These require 24 hours notice.The Disney Cruise Line ships offer Wireless
If your laptop is wireless ready, you can bring it onboard the Disney Cruise Line and use it to surf the net and have full access to your personal files. There is a fee associated with using the onboard wireless. Click Here for more information
Complimentary wi-Fi is offered at all Disney Resorts and throughout the theme parks. If you have a Wi-Fi enabled laptop or PDA, you can also access the internet from common areas at the resort. Just select the correct network, connect and accept the terms and conditions. Covered cellular carriers include AT&T, Verizon, Spring, T-Mobile and MetroPCS.
Common areas with free wifi:
Bus stops, feature pool, main lobby, porte cochere
Requirements: If needed, you may be able to purchase a Wireless Interface Card (WIC) in the resort's business center (locations at resorts listed below).
Disney World Locations:
- The Mara
- Kidani Village bus stop
- Lobby and villas at Kidani
- Main Lobby area
- Stone Harbor Club Concierge Lounge
- Stormalong Bay Pool area
- Beaches and Cream
- Cape May Cafe
- Convention Center Hallways/Common Areas
- Resort Lobby
- Main Swimming Pool Area
- Concierge Lounges
- Bellevue Lounge
- Conference Center (including lobby and porte cochere)
- Outside on The Boardwalk
- Front Desk sitting area
- 14th Floor Concierge sitting area
- Outer Rim Bar
- 1st Floor Convention Center Lobby
- 2nd Floor Convention Center Lobby
- Feature Pool
- Chef Mickey's
- The Wave
- Contempo Cafe
- Bay Lake Tower - rooms, lobby and porte cochere
- Main Hotel Lobby
- Convention Center Lobby
- Feature Pool
- Francisco's Lounge
- Maya Grill
- Pepper market
- Food court
- Reception Outpost Internet Cafe
- Meadows Trading Post
- Crockett's Tavern
- 1st Floor Lobby including the Tea Room
- Convention Center
- Beach Pool
- 4th Floor Concierge sitting area
- Victoria & Albert's
- 1900 Park Fare
- Grand Floridian Cafe
- Gasparilla Grill & Games
- Turtle Shack
- Captain Cooks
- Kona Cafe
- Luaua Cove
- Turf Club
- High Rock Springs Pool
- Treehouse Villas
- Artist Point
- Roaring Forks
- Whispering Canyon Cafe
- Wilderness Lodge Villas
- Main Lobby (both resorts)
- Concierge sitting area (both resorts)
- Convention Center Lobby
- Stormalong Bay Pool
- Captain's Grille
- Yachtsman Steakhouse
Wi-Fi networks may be the fastest-growing segment of Wi-Fi service, as more and more travelers and mobile professionals look for fast and secure Internet access wherever they are while they travel. Wi-Fi networks soon will be found in urban areas providing coverage throughout cities, or they will even be available on major highways, enabling access anywhere you can pull over and stop the car.
Please note you only have true freedom to be connected anywhere if your computer is configured with a Wi-Fi CERTIFIED radio (a PC Card or similar device). Wi-Fi certification means that you will be able to connect anywhere there are other compatible Wi-Fi CERTIFIED products — whether you are at home, the office or corporate campus, or in airports, hotels, coffee shops and other public areas equipped with Wi-Fi access available.
Wi-Fi Service systems being used now in the
Boingo Wireless, Inc. is an ultra-high-speed wireless Internet service available in thousands of locations such as hotels, airports, cafes, and other public places, in dozens of countries throughout the world. Both directly and through major carrier and ISP partners, Boingo provides business travelers with a wireless broadband Internet connection to improve productivity while on the road. Through its Wi-Fi software and Roaming System, Boingo makes finding and connecting to Wi-Fi networks point-and-click simple and secure. More information about Boingo is available at www.boingo.com.
Trustive - Wireless Internet access provider (virtual WISP or VWISP) Wireless freedom For more info go to www.trustive.com/
Wayport is the one of the leading providers of high-speed wired and Wi-Fi (802.11b) wireless Internet access for travelers throughout an extensive network of hotels, airports, cafes, and other public places, in dozens of countries throughout the world. For more information on locations go to www.wayport.com/
T-Mobile Wireless Internet Access - T-Mobile Hot Spots Wireless Internet Access Service, Services T-Mobile HotSpot provides high-speed Wi-Fi wireless Internet access in convenient public locations. For locations go to www.t-mobile.com/hotspot/
hereUare Communications provides a suite of innovative services based on the internationally recognized IEEE 802.11 (Wi-Fi) standard and tailored to meet the unique requirements of the high-speed public wireless industry. www.hereuare.com/
STSN is one of the leading providers of secure wired and wireless broadband services to the hospitality industry. Every month, more than a quarter million business travelers rely on STSN to increase their productivity with secure, easy-to-use, high-speed connectivity options in more than 1,900 hotels and 265,000 guest rooms, including 5,000 hotel meeting rooms worldwide. www.stsn.com/hotel_locator.php
- Dates and seminars announced for Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Food & Wine Classic - 2014 will be the 5th year for this event that features wine and beer seminars, tasting stations and live music.
- VIDEO: 2014 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival - One of the most welcome signs of spring is Epcot's annual International Flower & Garden Festival. While the grounds at Epcot are always beautiful, the Flower and Garden Festival takes them to the next level. At the festival you'll find gardens, topiaries, play areas, outdoor food kitchens, exhibits, music, and more.
- Blog - Disney's Festival of Fantasy Parade debuts at the Magic Kingdom!
- VIDEO - Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade - Festival of Fantasy is the brand new daily parade at the Magic Kingdom bringing the characters and stories of New Fantasyland to life! Brand new floats and costumes were produced for the parade featuring characters from Frozen, Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella, Princess and the Frog, Brave, Dumbo, Pinocchio, The Little Mermaid, Peter Pan, Sleeping Beauty, Tangled, Fantasia, Snow White and more!
- Photo Gallery of the Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade - The "Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade" celebrates New Fantasyland with new innovative floats, costumes and an all-new soundtrack that features songs from popular Disney films.
- VIDEO - Topiaries at Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival - The Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival is better than before in 2014 and features some of the most beautiful and elaborate topiaries seen anywhere. New this year includes 'Spring is in the Air!' featuring Goofy, Donald and Daisy as you enter the park; Soccer Goofy and Donald; and Kermit the Frog & Miss Piggy inspired by "Muppets Most Wanted". Returning favorites include Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Buzz Lightyear, Lightning McQueen, Tow Mater, Phineas and Ferb, Tinker Bell, Bambi and Friends, Peter Pan and Captain Hook, Winnie the Pooh and Friends, Classic Disney Couples, Woody, Lady and the Tramp, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, The Lion King, Pandas, Troll and Fantasia!
- VIDEO - Outdoor Kitchens at Epcot Flower & Garden Festival - After the popular introduction in 2013, the outdoor kitchens are back at the 2014 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival serving up some of the finest and freshest food at Epcot in a similar fashion to the Food & Wine Festival. Outdoor kitchens include Pineapple Promenade, The Buttercup Cottage, Fleur de Lys, Taste of Marrakesh, Hanami, The Smokehouse: Barbecue and Brews, Primavera Kitchen, Florida Fresh, Lotus House, Jardin de Fiestas, and the new Urban Farm EATS!
- VIDEO - Festival Center at the Flower & Garden Festival - Video of the Festival Center at Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival 2014. The festival center is where you can find many of the seminars and presentations featured during the Festival.
- 2014 Flower & Garden Festival Photos - 2014 photo gallery of Epcot's International Flower & Garden Festival
- Inaugural Disney Fit Challenge to be held in September - Competitions will include tests of power, speed, balance, strength and endurance.
- Blog - A Shopping Oasis: Merchandise at Disney's Flower & Garden Festival
- Pollo Campero at Downtown Disney will be closing 3/19/14 - Pollo Campero, Bodie's All-American Grill and Babycakes NYC will be closing 3/19/14. Babycakes NYC will still be providing gluten-free items to select Walt Disney World food courts and restaurants.
- Blog - 2014 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival opens in Epcot
- Registration for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon opens today - This race is held in conjunction with the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Materializes in Disney Parks
- New dates for D23's Destination D - The event will be held November 22-23, 2014.
- 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon dates - Registration for the 2015 marathon begins 4/22/14.
- Blog - A Brit's Perspective - Changing of the Seasons at the Orlando theme parks
- Rebel Rendezvous merchandise event planned for Star Wars Weekends - Attendees will receive exclusive access to Darth's Mall a day before it opens to the public.
- Blog - A February Stroll through the Magic Kingdom
- Walt Disney World restaurants add Braille menus - Beginning March 1, select restaurants will be adding Braille menus, though a list of participating restaurants is not yet available. The Braille menus will have examples of the menu items but may not list all the short term or temporary items.
- Family Ticket offer - get one free day! - Get one FREE additional day on each ticket when you buy 6 or more 4-day or longer Magic Your Way tickets!
- Blog - Disney's Polynesian Resort is Changing in a Big Way
- Just announced! Festival of Fantasy parade will debut March 9! - This parade will run daily in the afternoons at the Magic Kingdom.
- Celebrate Earth Day at Disney's Animal Kingdom - The park is also celebrating the release of Disneynature's newest film Bears, which hits theaters April 18.
- Car Masters Weekend to be held at Downtown Disney - This event takes place June 14-15.
- Walt Disney World ticket prices increase - Ticket prices have gone up effective today, Sunday, February 23.
- Mighty St. Patrick's Day Festival planned for Downtown Disney - Downtown Disney celebrates St. Patrick's Day with live music, a step-by-step Irish jig workshop, classic Irish food and drink, Irish storytellers, Irish history and merchandise at Raglan Road's Shop.
- Star Wars Weekends - extra weekend added, plus Hyperspace Hoopla cancelled - A nightly fireworks show has been added instead of the Hyperspace Hoopla party.
- Rapids ride evacuated at Universal Orlando
- Leadership changes at Walt Disney World resorts and transportation
- Disney and unions extend contract
- Major staff cuts at Disney Interactive
- Blackfish director denies receiving confidential information
- Hank Wiliams Jr. and Alabama to perform at SeaWorld
- Universal Orlando parking garage closed for suspicious vehicle
- SeaWorld calls for investigation of OSHA inspector
- Preview of food items for Wizarding World of Harry Potter expansion
- Disney announces theme parks will stay open for 24-hour party