Accessing the Internet on a Disney Vacation
It's not unusual for today's vacationers to bring a laptop along for the trip. In response to this, Disney is continually updating guest computer access at the resorts.
All of the Disney resorts and theme parks have Complimentary Wireless Internet Access. In our experience, the speed isn't great and the connection often drops. Hopefully this will improve in the future.
Technical support is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Requirements: A laptop with wireless internet capabilities.
Computer Rentals: You can rent a computer at the Disney Resort Business Centers which are located at the resorts listed in the next section. These computers can be accessed during normal Business Center Hours. The center is to be contacted for pricing/availabilty.
Additionally, laptops can be rented. These require 24 hours notice.
The Disney Cruise Line ships offer Wireless
If your laptop is wireless ready, you can bring it onboard the Disney Cruise Line and use it to surf the net and have full access to your personal files. There is a fee associated with using the onboard wireless. Click Here for more information
Charging cell phones in the parks:
- In the Magic Kingdom - USB ports and 110v outlets are located in Storybook Circus near Pete's Silly Sideshow, Space Mountain gift shop and in the Tangled restroom area. You will need your own charger.
- At any of the parks, if you have your charger, you can also leave your phone at guest relations. They will give you a Article Storage Ticket and you can pick it back up whenver you want.
- There are regular wall outlets to be found around the parks, but - Do not unplug anything or move anything to get to an outlet. Play it safe and ask a cast member if there's anywhere you can plug in.
Complimentary wi-Fi is offered at all Disney Resorts and throughout the theme parks. If you have a Wi-Fi enabled laptop or PDA, you can also access the internet from common areas at the resort. Just select the correct network, connect and accept the terms and conditions. Covered cellular carriers include AT&T, Verizon, Spring, T-Mobile and MetroPCS.
Common areas with free wifi:
Bus stops, feature pool, main lobby, porte cochere
Requirements: If needed, you may be able to purchase a Wireless Interface Card (WIC) in the resort's business center (locations at resorts listed below).
Disney World Locations:
- The Mara
- Kidani Village bus stop
- Lobby and villas at Kidani
- Main Lobby area
- Stone Harbor Club Concierge Lounge
- Stormalong Bay Pool area
- Beaches and Cream
- Cape May Cafe
- Convention Center Hallways/Common Areas
- Resort Lobby
- Main Swimming Pool Area
- Concierge Lounges
- Bellevue Lounge
- Conference Center (including lobby and porte cochere)
- Outside on The Boardwalk
- Front Desk sitting area
- 14th Floor Concierge sitting area
- Outer Rim Bar
- 1st Floor Convention Center Lobby
- 2nd Floor Convention Center Lobby
- Feature Pool
- Chef Mickey's
- The Wave
- Contempo Cafe
- Bay Lake Tower - rooms, lobby and porte cochere
- Main Hotel Lobby
- Convention Center Lobby
- Feature Pool
- Francisco's Lounge
- Maya Grill
- Pepper market
- Food court
- Reception Outpost Internet Cafe
- Meadows Trading Post
- Crockett's Tavern
- 1st Floor Lobby including the Tea Room
- Convention Center
- Beach Pool
- 4th Floor Concierge sitting area
- Victoria & Albert's
- 1900 Park Fare
- Grand Floridian Cafe
- Gasparilla Grill & Games
- Turtle Shack
- Captain Cooks
- Kona Cafe
- Luaua Cove
- Turf Club
- High Rock Springs Pool
- Treehouse Villas
- Artist Point
- Roaring Forks
- Whispering Canyon Cafe
- Wilderness Lodge Villas
- Main Lobby (both resorts)
- Concierge sitting area (both resorts)
- Convention Center Lobby
- Stormalong Bay Pool
- Captain's Grille
- Yachtsman Steakhouse
Wi-Fi networks may be the fastest-growing segment of Wi-Fi service, as more and more travelers and mobile professionals look for fast and secure Internet access wherever they are while they travel. Wi-Fi networks soon will be found in urban areas providing coverage throughout cities, or they will even be available on major highways, enabling access anywhere you can pull over and stop the car.
Please note you only have true freedom to be connected anywhere if your computer is configured with a Wi-Fi CERTIFIED radio (a PC Card or similar device). Wi-Fi certification means that you will be able to connect anywhere there are other compatible Wi-Fi CERTIFIED products — whether you are at home, the office or corporate campus, or in airports, hotels, coffee shops and other public areas equipped with Wi-Fi access available.
Wi-Fi Service systems being used now in the
Boingo Wireless, Inc. is an ultra-high-speed wireless Internet service available in thousands of locations such as hotels, airports, cafes, and other public places, in dozens of countries throughout the world. Both directly and through major carrier and ISP partners, Boingo provides business travelers with a wireless broadband Internet connection to improve productivity while on the road. Through its Wi-Fi software and Roaming System, Boingo makes finding and connecting to Wi-Fi networks point-and-click simple and secure. More information about Boingo is available at www.boingo.com.
Trustive - Wireless Internet access provider (virtual WISP or VWISP) Wireless freedom For more info go to www.trustive.com/
Wayport is the one of the leading providers of high-speed wired and Wi-Fi (802.11b) wireless Internet access for travelers throughout an extensive network of hotels, airports, cafes, and other public places, in dozens of countries throughout the world. For more information on locations go to www.wayport.com/
T-Mobile Wireless Internet Access - T-Mobile Hot Spots Wireless Internet Access Service, Services T-Mobile HotSpot provides high-speed Wi-Fi wireless Internet access in convenient public locations. For locations go to www.t-mobile.com/hotspot/
hereUare Communications provides a suite of innovative services based on the internationally recognized IEEE 802.11 (Wi-Fi) standard and tailored to meet the unique requirements of the high-speed public wireless industry. www.hereuare.com/
STSN is one of the leading providers of secure wired and wireless broadband services to the hospitality industry. Every month, more than a quarter million business travelers rely on STSN to increase their productivity with secure, easy-to-use, high-speed connectivity options in more than 1,900 hotels and 265,000 guest rooms, including 5,000 hotel meeting rooms worldwide. www.stsn.com/hotel_locator.php
- VIDEO: Yak and Yeti Quick Service Dining Review | Disney's Animal Kingdom - Join Craig and Steve as they sample some food from the quick service Yak and Yeti location at Disney's Animal Kingdom at Walt Disney World!
- Walt Disney World and Universal Orlando both saw increase in 2015 attendance
- Disney Parks to celebrate Speak Like a Whale Day
- Dining at Disney World on a Budget - When we go to Walt Disney World, our food spending typically averages under $25/person/day, so about $70-75 daily for the 3 of us. How do we do it? Can you do it too?
- VIDEO: Frozen Norway Construction Update including New Bathrooms | Epcot - Take a look at the construction for the new Frozen experiences being added to Norway at the World Showcase at Epcot!
- Epcot for Teens
- New park maps coming for Epcot and Disney's Animal Kingdom
- NETFLIX to exclusively stream Disney films
- Unconventional Things to Pack for Disney - As you begin to pack your bags, you may want to consider some (or all) of these unconventional items that can make your trip more pleasant.
- Construction walls moved in Norway Pavilion; new restrooms open
- Marcus Jordan's "Trophy Room" to open at Disney Springs May 23 - Marcus Jordan, Michael's son, wants to use the space to bring visitors behind the scenes and into the life of his famous father. The store will sell athletic footwear and apparel, but also showcase items from Jordan's home.
- Pizza Planet restaurant at Disney's Hollywood Studios to be renamed "Pizza Rizzo" - The location will remain a counter-service pizza restaurant, but will have a new theme to better fit with its location in Muppets Courtyard.
- Preferred parking opens at Disney's Hollywood Studios - Preferred parking is now available at Disney's Hollywood Studios, located near the front of the Stage lot. Regular parking fees are $20 and preferred parking will be an additional $15.
- Getting the Celebrity Treatment at Hollywood Scoops Ice Cream - From Mickey Ice cream bars to funnel cakes dripping in cold vanilla goodness, Disney knows exactly what cold treat you need on a hot August day.
- Stay Plugged In During a Disney Trip - In today's world with all of our technological advances, lots of people will give you the advice to 'unplug', or turn off electronic devices, while at Disney. I'm going to go the other way and advise you to stay plugged in.
- Menus for new food kiosks at Disney's Hollywood Studios
- FastPasses now available for The Jungle Book: Alive with Magic - FastPasses are now available for The Jungle Book: Alive with Magic at Animal Kingdom, which opens May 28.
- FastPasses now available for Frozen Ever After and Soarin' Around the World - Frozen Ever After and Soarin' Around the World opens June 21 in Epcot.
- Menus for Tiffins and Nomad Lounge at Disney's Animal Kingdom
- Dining Packages announced for Animal Kingdom nighttime entertainment
- Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular will be lighting up the skies on June 17
- Frozen Ever After & Royal Sommerhus will open June 21
- Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire makes its debut on June 17
- Soarin' returns to Epcot for a limited time
- Walt Disney World to host Grad Nite at Typhoon Lagoon
- Disney Vacation Club Member Lounge to open June 6
- Highlights for the 2016 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival - This year's Festival will run from September 14-November 14!
- Disney's cafeteria workers fight to join union
- New weekend brunch offered at Trail's End at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort
- Florida tourism is up in the first quarter
- Extended rehab planned for DINOSAUR at Disney's Animal Kingdom
- MuppetVision 3D closing for 1 week in August - The attraction is expected to be closed for rehab from 8/15-8/22/16.
- Disney moves FastPass booking time to 7:00am instead of midnight
- Review: Wild Africa Trek at Disney's Animal Kingdom - As a part of our honeymoon, my adventurous new husband and I decided to forego a 20+ hour flight and rounds of immunizations needed for an expedition in Kenya, and instead booked the Wild Africa Trek at Walt Disney World's Animal Kingdom.
- VIDEO: Town Center Overview | Disney Springs - Disney Springs' all new Town Center is now open to the public. Offering luxury shopping experiences in Spanish style architecture. Come have a look at Disney Springs all new 'neighborhood' Town Center.
- Ample Hills Creamery now open on Disney's Boardwalk - This new shop offers 16 flavors of specialty ice cream.
- VIDEO: New Dining at The Daily Poutine at Town Center | Disney Springs - Craig, Ryno and Oliver try out the new Daily Poutine kiosk at Town Center at Disney Springs. This brand new Walt Disney World food kiosk offers Disney's take on the classic Canadian dish - poutine. They also offer a gourmet take on fries with an Italian, French and Latin version!
- VIDEO: New Dining at Sprinkles at Town Center | Disney Springs - Craig, Oliver, and Ryno see what all the fuss is about at Sprinkles' newest location in Town Center at Disney Springs. Will this cupcakery live up to the hype or be a delicatessen disaster?!
- VIDEO: New Dining at Amorette's Patisserie at Town Center | Disney Springs - Amorette's Patisserie is run by two sisters that pour love and affection into each of their pastries, which include different takes on classic desserts by the best Disney pastry chefs around.
- Disney Springs Town Center Photo Gallery
- VIDEO: Opening Day Impressions of Town Center | Disney Springs - Craig, Ryno, and Oliver offer their first impressions of the newly opened Town Center at Disney Springs. Imagineering feat or fail? watch and see what they thought!
- Town Center opens at Disney Springs with conflicted results - Sunday, May 15th was the grand opening of Town Center at Disney Springs, which introduced 28 new shopping and dining locations along with new Lime Garage offering 2,000 more parking spaces.
- Beware the "Move Over Law" and other tips for driving to WDW - Driving to Disney can be pleasant and extremely convenient. Here are some handy tips for taking a road trip to see the Mouse.
- Flying Fish Cafe gets a new name and new interior design
- Pros and Cons to the Disney Dining Plan - My wife and I have used the Dining Plan on 4 different occasions now, sometimes even paying for it to be included and here I will outline what our Pros and Cons are and maybe some helpful tips for first timers.
- Charter bus and SUV collide near Disney's Animal Kingdom - Both vehicles caught fire and 11 people were taken to nearby hospitals.
- VIDEO: Take a walk around the newly opened Town Center at Disney Springs - Take a walk around the newly opened Town Center at Disney Springs
- VIDEO: New Dining at D-LUXE BURGER at Town Center | Disney Springs - Craig, Ryno and Oliver try out the new D-LUXE BURGER at Town Center at Disney Springs. This brand new Walt Disney World gourmet burger joint offers unique food and another chapter to the story of Disney Springs!
- New food stands coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios
- VIDEO: Best Attractions at Disney World | DIS Unplugged Minisode - Steve Porter, Oliver Green and Ryno Clavin list their personal top 3 favorite attractions at Walt Disney World Resort.
- Adventures in Solitude: An Introduction to My DIS Journeys as a Solo Traveler - I can say that traveling solo can be fun and fulfilling.
- Disney to eliminate Disney Dollars
- Walt Disney World Golf adds Golf Getaway Packages - These packages include rounds of golf, a hotel stay, pro shop credit, and theme park tickets.
- New designs available at Disney's MagicBand on Demand stations
- First-timers: Quick and Dirty Tips for Choosing Your Disney World Resort - You want to pick the perfect resort for your family...a hotel you will be excited to return to at the end of a long day. But how do you make that choice?
- Disney Visa offer available at Aulani - This offer is the same as is available to the general public (Save up to 30%), with the addition of a complimentary PhotoPass CD.
- Celebrate Your Birthday the Right Way at Disney! - I've decided to create a little guide to let you know just what you should do to make it your most magical birthday ever!
- Disney earnings call reports failure to meet revenue expectations
- Disney announces end of Disney Infinity franchise
- WDW for adults: the best bars and lounges - Besides signature restaurants and quick service dining, Walt Disney World is home to many bars and lounges that are ideal places for grown-up guests to take a break or have a light meal.
- Captain America: Civil War helps push Disney box office past $3 billion worldwide
- Save up to 30% on a stay at Aulani - Save 30% on stays of 5 or more nights or 25% on 4-night stays! Book an Ocean or Partial Ocean View room and each person will receive a free meal at Ulu Cafe, per night of your stay. Book by 6/27/16 and get a $150 resort credit!
- Disney Springs' STK Steakhouse to open May 25
- The Scoop on the Disney Vacation Club Tour - When we were walking in the Asia section of Disney's Animal Kingdom and a Disney Vacation Club cast member waved us down, we decided to see what she had to say.
- Shanghai Disneyland TRON Lightcycles Power Run
- VIDEO: Disney Infinity 3.0: Marvel Battlegrounds Overview - An overview of the latest Disney Infinity 3.0 play set: Marvel Battlegrounds.
- 4 Best Ways to Stay Cool in a Disney Park - Working as a cast member in the Magic Kingdom I witnessed guests suffering from heat exhaustion often, and it was one of the most common reasons that guests had to leave the park to go to the hospital.
- Magic Kingdom's Diamond Horseshoe Restaurant to remain open through July 4
- Invictus Games begin at ESPN Wide World of Sports - The games will run through May 12.
- VIDEO: Giraffes on Mother's Day | Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge - Did you know there is a giraffe family at Kidani Village of Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge? See how this giraffe family celebrates Mother's Day 2016!
- Disney Vacation Club tours to be offered through My Disney Experience
- Gown for Disney's new Latina princess created by Brazilian designer
- Crowds trash entrance to Shanghai Disneyland ahead of park opening
- Alden Ehrenreich to play young Han Solo
- Price increase for Disney's Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique - These prices will take effect May 10.
- 5 Planning differences between Walt Disney World & Disneyland - Beyond the different attractions and park layouts, there are things you might expect would be the same that are not.
- Premium Dessert Party to be offered during Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - This package will include a reserved viewing location on Main Street, U.S.A. for the Mickey's "Boo-To-You" Halloween Parade, followed by desserts at the Tomorrowland Terrace and viewing for the Happy HalloWishes Nighttime Spectacular.
- Olaf meet and greet now open at Disney's Hollywood Studios
- Tickets now on sale for Invictus Games' Closing Ceremonies - The Games are being held May 8-12 at ESPN Wide World of Sports.
- Tickets on sale for Walt Disney World's Halloween and Christmas parties
- VIDEO: Town Center Construction Walls Down | Disney Springs - Construction walls have come down around Town Center at Disney Springs and gives a better view of the new area opening soon!
- A Picky Eater's Experience at Disney Fine Dining, aka Signatures & Steak - It all seemed so fancy and definitely not my style. It seemed kind of intimating. Would a picky eater like me find anything to eat?
- Disney's Grand Floridian Villas now offering Grab and Go breakfast items
- Valet parking lot at Disney's Wilderness Lodge to be relocated
- VIDEO: Magic Kingdom Wedding | Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings - Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings & Honeymoons now offers a 9:30 am wedding at the East Garden Plaza inside Disney's Magic Kingdom and it looks amazing!
- 10 Telltale signs you have Disney DNA - Some people just seem to exude Disney from the...inside out. Here is a list of 10 telltale signs that may help confirm your Disney DNA.
- Cirque du Soleil offers half-price child's tickets - Purchase a full-price adult ticket for shows May 31-July 23, 2016 and get a child's ticket for half off! Category 4 child's tickets will start as low as $24.
- Blizzard Beach to host "Frozen Games" at the end of May - Kristoff and Olaf have been invited by the Winter Games Committee to host a full day of "Frozen" activities, taking advantage of the "freak snowstorm over Central Florida".
- Official Disney Virtual 5k! - Anyone who has trained for a distance race in this internet age has likely seen various "Virtual Races" where you complete a distance at your own time and place, but still get the coveted bling at the end.
- Going Behind the Seeds at Epcot - This tour is offered in the Land pavilion at Epcot and takes you into the greenhouses of the Living with the Land boat ride.
- VIDEO: Town Center Construction Walls Down - Construction walls have come down around Town Center at Disney Springs.
- Registration now open for Food & Wine Festival preview event - The event will be held June 26, 2016 from 12:00-2:00pm and is open to Tables in Wonderland members.
- Sprinkles Cupcakes opening May 15 in Disney Springs' Town Center - Sprinkles Cupcakes will serve cupcakes, cookies, and slow-churned ice cream. They will also operate a nearby "cupcake ATM."
- What we love about the Disney Resorts - Deluxe edition - Members from The DIS team and Dreams Unlimited Travel share their favorite things about 4 specific Disney resorts - the Contemporary Resort, Beach Club Resort, Polynesian Village and Animal Kingdom Lodge.
- Vintage Character Meet and Greets: 1990s edition - Back in the day (the 1900s!) you could find yourself meeting characters all over the parks just by your routine wanderings.
- Walt Disney World merchandise events and artist signings for May - List of artist signings and events held in the month of May around the Walt Disney World Resort.
- VIDEO: Arts & Crafts & Drinks: A Star Wars Story - Ryno and his craft padawan Steve set out to create a delicious beverage and a fun Star Wars themed craft for all. When hunger strikes, it's up to Ryno to come up with a fun themed food item as well!
- Disney Vacation Club planning Independence Day Dessert Party
- Disney's Wilderness Lodge DVC project to be named Copper Creek Cabins and Villas? - WDW News Today is reporting that the Disney Vacation Club project at Wilderness Lodge now has a name - Copper Creek Cabins and Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge.
- "TAG" Yourself with New Travel Accessories from Disney's Marketplace Co-Op - Thanks to the new TAG (Travel-Accessories-Gear) collection landing at the Marketplace Co-Op in Disney Springs, you can now travel in true Mickey fashion with pixie dust embellished goodies perfect for the busy traveler.
- Federal Court Rules for Disney in Lead DAS/Autism Lawsuit
- VIDEO: Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom with Ryno, Steve, and Oliver - Ryno, Steve, Oliver, and special guest Spencer try to play Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom. See how far they got and what they thought!
- Details on Disney's Pixar Party Pin Celebration 2016 - This event will be held August 26.
- VIDEO: Pecos Bill Lunch Date with Ryno & Steve | Magic Kingdom - Ryno & Steve are starving in Adventureland! Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn & Cafe provides the sustenance and service they need to carry on with their magical day. See what they ate and what they thought about their lunch date!
- Majoring in Disney: One Student's Path To Becoming An Imagineer - Kristine Sanders is majoring in Disney at University of California, Berkeley.
- Leave the Phones Alone! Disney without the Devices. - There is a whole Disney World happening around me that I am missing out on.
- Discounted Disney After Hours tickets available for Annual Passholders and DVC members
- Disney puts out casting call for performers for new Jungle Book: Alive with Magic show
- Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa plans retro beach party
- VIDEO: Steve & Ryno Build Lightsabers | Hollywood Studios - Steve and Ryno set out to the now defunct Watto's Grotto to build their very own lightsabers at Disney's Hollywood Studios. Who stood on the side of light and who succumbed to the path of the dark side?
- 2016 First quarter injury report for Orlando theme parks - Walt Disney World reported seven injuries, Universal Orlando reported two, and SeaWorld reported none.
- New menu coming to Magic Kingdom's Skipper Canteen restaurant?
- Alberta Bound replacing TradNation at Epcot's Canada Pavilion
- The Evolution of a Family's Disney Vacation - I am raising my two kids in the ways of Disney.
- Discount on Cirque du Soleil tickets for Annual Passholders - Discounted ticket prices start at $59.
- Fulton's Crab House at Disney Springs to be renamed "Paddlefish"
- Late Summer Package offer at Walt Disney World - Discount available for stays most nights 8/1-11/5/16. Get a 4-night, 4-day stay at one of the All-Star Resorts with theme park tickets for a family of 4 for just $1,850!
- Kid-Sized Packages available at Walt Disney World - Get a 3-night, 2-day stay at one of the All-Star Resorts with theme park tickets for a family of 3 for just $998!
- Save up to 30% when booking a Room Only reservation at Walt Disney World! - Valid for stays most nights 8/26-11/5/16.
- Free Dining Plan Offer at select Walt Disney World resorts - Book a room and ticket package for select Walt Disney World resorts and get the Disney Dining Plan for free! Discount available for stays most nights 8/23-12/21/16.
- INTERVIEW: Former Disney Imagineer Hugh Darley
- Walt Disney World releases Free Dining promotion
- Walt Disney World PhotoPass offering Zootopia Animated Magic Shot
- Three new food kiosks coming to Disney Springs' Town Center
- Disney's Blizzard Beach water slides closed due to broken water pipe
- "Kawaii: Japan's Cute Culture" exhibit in Epcot's Japan Pavilion - Kawaii means "cute" and according to one of the signs, is basically a way of life to "make everyday life in Japan just a little cuter." The kawaii culture finds a way to make everything cute, even mundane objects and places like construction sites and supermarkets.
- SeaWorld lays off Clyde & Seamore mimes, among others
- Man sentenced to 5 years for Disney ticket scam
- Club 33 members upset about more changes to benefits
- Iger says future Star Wars attractions to be based on new films
- SeaWorld's CEO steps down
- Man sues SeaWorld for automatically renewing his annual pass
- Retirement date set for Disney's Meg Crofton
- Woman sues Disney, claiming disability after falling from carousel horse
- Hotel leadership changes at Walt Disney World
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer released