Accessing the Internet on a Disney Vacation
It's not unusual for today's vacationers to bring a laptop along for the trip. In response to this, Disney is continually updating guest computer access at the resorts.
All of the Disney resorts and theme parks have Complimentary Wireless Internet Access. In our experience, the speed isn't great and the connection often drops. Hopefully this will improve in the future.
Technical support is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Requirements: A laptop with wireless internet capabilities.
Computer Rentals: You can rent a computer at the Disney Resort Business Centers which are located at the resorts listed in the next section. These computers can be accessed during normal Business Center Hours. The center is to be contacted for pricing/availabilty.
Additionally, laptops can be rented. These require 24 hours notice.The Disney Cruise Line ships offer Wireless
If your laptop is wireless ready, you can bring it onboard the Disney Cruise Line and use it to surf the net and have full access to your personal files. There is a fee associated with using the onboard wireless. Click Here for more information
Complimentary wi-Fi is offered at all Disney Resorts and throughout the theme parks. If you have a Wi-Fi enabled laptop or PDA, you can also access the internet from common areas at the resort. Just select the correct network, connect and accept the terms and conditions. Covered cellular carriers include AT&T, Verizon, Spring, T-Mobile and MetroPCS.
Common areas with free wifi:
Bus stops, feature pool, main lobby, porte cochere
Requirements: If needed, you may be able to purchase a Wireless Interface Card (WIC) in the resort's business center (locations at resorts listed below).
Disney World Locations:
- The Mara
- Kidani Village bus stop
- Lobby and villas at Kidani
- Main Lobby area
- Stone Harbor Club Concierge Lounge
- Stormalong Bay Pool area
- Beaches and Cream
- Cape May Cafe
- Convention Center Hallways/Common Areas
- Resort Lobby
- Main Swimming Pool Area
- Concierge Lounges
- Bellevue Lounge
- Conference Center (including lobby and porte cochere)
- Outside on The Boardwalk
- Front Desk sitting area
- 14th Floor Concierge sitting area
- Outer Rim Bar
- 1st Floor Convention Center Lobby
- 2nd Floor Convention Center Lobby
- Feature Pool
- Chef Mickey's
- The Wave
- Contempo Cafe
- Bay Lake Tower - rooms, lobby and porte cochere
- Main Hotel Lobby
- Convention Center Lobby
- Feature Pool
- Francisco's Lounge
- Maya Grill
- Pepper market
- Food court
- Reception Outpost Internet Cafe
- Meadows Trading Post
- Crockett's Tavern
- 1st Floor Lobby including the Tea Room
- Convention Center
- Beach Pool
- 4th Floor Concierge sitting area
- Victoria & Albert's
- 1900 Park Fare
- Grand Floridian Cafe
- Gasparilla Grill & Games
- Turtle Shack
- Captain Cooks
- Kona Cafe
- Luaua Cove
- Turf Club
- High Rock Springs Pool
- Treehouse Villas
- Artist Point
- Roaring Forks
- Whispering Canyon Cafe
- Wilderness Lodge Villas
- Main Lobby (both resorts)
- Concierge sitting area (both resorts)
- Convention Center Lobby
- Stormalong Bay Pool
- Captain's Grille
- Yachtsman Steakhouse
Wi-Fi networks may be the fastest-growing segment of Wi-Fi service, as more and more travelers and mobile professionals look for fast and secure Internet access wherever they are while they travel. Wi-Fi networks soon will be found in urban areas providing coverage throughout cities, or they will even be available on major highways, enabling access anywhere you can pull over and stop the car.
Please note you only have true freedom to be connected anywhere if your computer is configured with a Wi-Fi CERTIFIED radio (a PC Card or similar device). Wi-Fi certification means that you will be able to connect anywhere there are other compatible Wi-Fi CERTIFIED products — whether you are at home, the office or corporate campus, or in airports, hotels, coffee shops and other public areas equipped with Wi-Fi access available.
Wi-Fi Service systems being used now in the
Boingo Wireless, Inc. is an ultra-high-speed wireless Internet service available in thousands of locations such as hotels, airports, cafes, and other public places, in dozens of countries throughout the world. Both directly and through major carrier and ISP partners, Boingo provides business travelers with a wireless broadband Internet connection to improve productivity while on the road. Through its Wi-Fi software and Roaming System, Boingo makes finding and connecting to Wi-Fi networks point-and-click simple and secure. More information about Boingo is available at www.boingo.com.
Trustive - Wireless Internet access provider (virtual WISP or VWISP) Wireless freedom For more info go to www.trustive.com/
Wayport is the one of the leading providers of high-speed wired and Wi-Fi (802.11b) wireless Internet access for travelers throughout an extensive network of hotels, airports, cafes, and other public places, in dozens of countries throughout the world. For more information on locations go to www.wayport.com/
T-Mobile Wireless Internet Access - T-Mobile Hot Spots Wireless Internet Access Service, Services T-Mobile HotSpot provides high-speed Wi-Fi wireless Internet access in convenient public locations. For locations go to www.t-mobile.com/hotspot/
hereUare Communications provides a suite of innovative services based on the internationally recognized IEEE 802.11 (Wi-Fi) standard and tailored to meet the unique requirements of the high-speed public wireless industry. www.hereuare.com/
STSN is one of the leading providers of secure wired and wireless broadband services to the hospitality industry. Every month, more than a quarter million business travelers rely on STSN to increase their productivity with secure, easy-to-use, high-speed connectivity options in more than 1,900 hotels and 265,000 guest rooms, including 5,000 hotel meeting rooms worldwide. www.stsn.com/hotel_locator.php
- Rehab planned in November for Magic Carpets of Aladdin - The Magic Kingdom attraction will be closed 11/10 - 11/21/2014.
- Food & Wine Festival Special Dining Experiences released - Bookings for these experiences begin July 31.
- 10 Places to Wait Out a Thunderstorm at Walt Disney World
- Disney Castaway Cay Challenge added to Princess Half Marathon Weekend - Runners who are registered for any of the Disney races (5K or longer) during the Weekend have the option to complete the Disney Castaway Cay Challenge when sailing on the Disney Dream February 23-27.
- Fantasia Miniature Golf Course rehab planned off and on for the next two weeks - Gardens Course closed 7/22-7/25/2014, 7/28-8/1/2014, 8/4-8/8/2014. The Fairways will still be open.
- Blog - I Can Go The Distance: Deciding is one thing, registering is another
- Save up to 30% on a Room Only reservation at Walt Disney World! - Valid for stays most nights 10/4/14 - 11/25/14 and 11/29/14 - 12/23/14.
- 2015 WDW hotel discount released for U.S. Military - Valid for stays most nights 9/28/14 - 10/3/15.
- All 3 remaining weekends sold out for Harambe Nights - July 26, August 2 and August 9 are sold out.
- Annual passholder discount for Spice Road Table - Through 9/17/14, Annual Passholders can get a 30% discount on their bill.
- 2015 Military Ticket Discount info released - Members of the military can purchase 4-day Magic Your Way tickets with Park Hopper option for $177 each.
- Changes to reservation times for Wishes Dessert Party - Reservations are all being set for 6:00pm, no matter when Wishes is taking place. The dessert party will actually take place one hour before Wishes.
- Frozen Summer Fun Premium package is sold out for all remaining dates - This package gives guests at Frozen Summer Fun Live reserved viewing for several events.
- Wild by Design tour to be discontinued after 9/26/14 - This tour takes place at Disney's Animal Kingdom.
- Fantasy Football Convention coming to ESPN Wide World of Sports - The convention will give attendees access to ESPN talent, a live fantasy football draft and more.
- Blog - Sneak Preview of What's Coming to the 2014 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- Dates and pricing released for ICE! at Gaylord Palms - Using two million pounds of ice, this Gaylord Palms Resort special ticket exhibit will be transformed into the North Pole.
- Blog - Disney's Magical Express Age Limit Changes: A Parent's & Teacher's Perspective
- Blog - Five Reasons Why We're Not Seeing "Planes: Fire & Rescue" in Theaters
- Blog updated - I Just Spent $20 on FastPasses! Would You? - The author has taken the tour she discussed in the blog - check out her thoughts to see if she would do this again!
- Blog - July 2014 Magic Kingdom Construction Update
- Information for Food & Wine Festival special dining experiences - book 7/31 - Premium events will be announced July 24 and can be booked on July 31 beginning at 7:00am EST. To book, call 407-WDW-FEST (939-3378).
- Princess Half Marathon fills in less than 24 hours - The Princess Half Marathon, the Princess Enchanted 10K and the Glass Slipper Challenge are sold out, filling less than 24 hours after registration opened.
- Dolphins at Epcot will be offstage through August 7 - Guests will not be able to see the dolphins at The Seas with Nemo & Friends. The Dolphins in Depth Tour will be unavailable during this time as well.
- Changes in parking due to Downtown Disney Remodel - Speeds in the area will be reduced, as well as lanes closed. Buena Vista Drive will be expanded to 10 lanes.
- Blog - Disney Responds to Disability Access Service Lawsuit
- Standby line to be cut off in Anna and Elsa meet and greet
- Disney's second quarter injury report: 12-year-old boy cuts fingers on Pirates ride
- 30 years in prison for man who molested girl at SeaWorld
- Possible agreement reached between Disney and unions
- Disney's CEO Bob Iger honored as CEO of the Year by Chief Executive magazine
- Trattoria al Forno to replace Cat Cora's Kouzzina at Disney World
- Technical glitch causes Universal's Transformers ride to stall
- Report: Monorail evacuated after lightning strike
- Military resource support group launches for Disney cast members
- Magic Kingdom guest got tips of fingers cut off on Pirates of the Caribbean