Accessing the Internet on a Disney Vacation
It's not unusual for today's vacationers to bring a laptop along for the trip. In response to this, Disney is continually updating guest computer access at the resorts.
All of the Disney resorts and theme parks have Complimentary Wireless Internet Access. In our experience, the speed isn't great and the connection often drops. Hopefully this will improve in the future.
Technical support is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Requirements: A laptop with wireless internet capabilities.
Computer Rentals: You can rent a computer at the Disney Resort Business Centers which are located at the resorts listed in the next section. These computers can be accessed during normal Business Center Hours. The center is to be contacted for pricing/availabilty.
Additionally, laptops can be rented. These require 24 hours notice.
The Disney Cruise Line ships offer Wireless
If your laptop is wireless ready, you can bring it onboard the Disney Cruise Line and use it to surf the net and have full access to your personal files. There is a fee associated with using the onboard wireless. Click Here for more information
Charging cell phones in the parks:
- In the Magic Kingdom - USB ports and 110v outlets are located in Storybook Circus near Pete's Silly Sideshow, Space Mountain gift shop and in the Tangled restroom area. You will need your own charger.
- At any of the parks, if you have your charger, you can also leave your phone at guest relations. They will give you a Article Storage Ticket and you can pick it back up whenver you want.
- There are regular wall outlets to be found around the parks, but - Do not unplug anything or move anything to get to an outlet. Play it safe and ask a cast member if there's anywhere you can plug in.
Complimentary wi-Fi is offered at all Disney Resorts and throughout the theme parks. If you have a Wi-Fi enabled laptop or PDA, you can also access the internet from common areas at the resort. Just select the correct network, connect and accept the terms and conditions. Covered cellular carriers include AT&T, Verizon, Spring, T-Mobile and MetroPCS.
Common areas with free wifi:
Bus stops, feature pool, main lobby, porte cochere
Requirements: If needed, you may be able to purchase a Wireless Interface Card (WIC) in the resort's business center (locations at resorts listed below).
Disney World Locations:
- The Mara
- Kidani Village bus stop
- Lobby and villas at Kidani
- Main Lobby area
- Stone Harbor Club Concierge Lounge
- Stormalong Bay Pool area
- Beaches and Cream
- Cape May Cafe
- Convention Center Hallways/Common Areas
- Resort Lobby
- Main Swimming Pool Area
- Concierge Lounges
- Bellevue Lounge
- Conference Center (including lobby and porte cochere)
- Outside on The Boardwalk
- Front Desk sitting area
- 14th Floor Concierge sitting area
- Outer Rim Bar
- 1st Floor Convention Center Lobby
- 2nd Floor Convention Center Lobby
- Feature Pool
- Chef Mickey's
- The Wave
- Contempo Cafe
- Bay Lake Tower - rooms, lobby and porte cochere
- Main Hotel Lobby
- Convention Center Lobby
- Feature Pool
- Francisco's Lounge
- Maya Grill
- Pepper market
- Food court
- Reception Outpost Internet Cafe
- Meadows Trading Post
- Crockett's Tavern
- 1st Floor Lobby including the Tea Room
- Convention Center
- Beach Pool
- 4th Floor Concierge sitting area
- Victoria & Albert's
- 1900 Park Fare
- Grand Floridian Cafe
- Gasparilla Grill & Games
- Turtle Shack
- Captain Cooks
- Kona Cafe
- Luaua Cove
- Turf Club
- High Rock Springs Pool
- Treehouse Villas
- Artist Point
- Roaring Forks
- Whispering Canyon Cafe
- Wilderness Lodge Villas
- Main Lobby (both resorts)
- Concierge sitting area (both resorts)
- Convention Center Lobby
- Stormalong Bay Pool
- Captain's Grille
- Yachtsman Steakhouse
Wi-Fi networks may be the fastest-growing segment of Wi-Fi service, as more and more travelers and mobile professionals look for fast and secure Internet access wherever they are while they travel. Wi-Fi networks soon will be found in urban areas providing coverage throughout cities, or they will even be available on major highways, enabling access anywhere you can pull over and stop the car.
Please note you only have true freedom to be connected anywhere if your computer is configured with a Wi-Fi CERTIFIED radio (a PC Card or similar device). Wi-Fi certification means that you will be able to connect anywhere there are other compatible Wi-Fi CERTIFIED products — whether you are at home, the office or corporate campus, or in airports, hotels, coffee shops and other public areas equipped with Wi-Fi access available.
Wi-Fi Service systems being used now in the
Boingo Wireless, Inc. is an ultra-high-speed wireless Internet service available in thousands of locations such as hotels, airports, cafes, and other public places, in dozens of countries throughout the world. Both directly and through major carrier and ISP partners, Boingo provides business travelers with a wireless broadband Internet connection to improve productivity while on the road. Through its Wi-Fi software and Roaming System, Boingo makes finding and connecting to Wi-Fi networks point-and-click simple and secure. More information about Boingo is available at www.boingo.com.
Trustive - Wireless Internet access provider (virtual WISP or VWISP) Wireless freedom For more info go to www.trustive.com/
Wayport is the one of the leading providers of high-speed wired and Wi-Fi (802.11b) wireless Internet access for travelers throughout an extensive network of hotels, airports, cafes, and other public places, in dozens of countries throughout the world. For more information on locations go to www.wayport.com/
T-Mobile Wireless Internet Access - T-Mobile Hot Spots Wireless Internet Access Service, Services T-Mobile HotSpot provides high-speed Wi-Fi wireless Internet access in convenient public locations. For locations go to www.t-mobile.com/hotspot/
hereUare Communications provides a suite of innovative services based on the internationally recognized IEEE 802.11 (Wi-Fi) standard and tailored to meet the unique requirements of the high-speed public wireless industry. www.hereuare.com/
STSN is one of the leading providers of secure wired and wireless broadband services to the hospitality industry. Every month, more than a quarter million business travelers rely on STSN to increase their productivity with secure, easy-to-use, high-speed connectivity options in more than 1,900 hotels and 265,000 guest rooms, including 5,000 hotel meeting rooms worldwide. www.stsn.com/hotel_locator.php
- Coronado Springs Business Class, Worth it or Not? - What are the perks and are they worth it?
- Why You Should Plan To Divert From Your "Plan" - Some of the greatest experiences we had were totally unexpected and not where you'd think they'd occur.
- Innoventions West exhibits closing April 29 - This is a change from the previously announced April 30.
- Sounds Like Summer Concert Series performers and dates announced - This year's concerts will be June 7-July 25, 2015.
- Blog - Downtown Disney Construction Update
- Creating A Theme Park Adventure - Indulge me in releasing our nostalgia for what Hollywood Studios once was or was meant to be.
- The Great Reveal Debate: When to tell the kids about your Disney vacation - Do you like to surprise your kids at the last minute or let them know well in advance of the trip? We’ve done both and there are definitely advantages and disadvantages to both.
- Dockside Margaritas opening at Downtown Disney April 23 - Waterfront margarita bar, themed like a Florida fruit stand from the 1960s and serving handcrafted margaritas and authentic Florida brews.
- Walt Disney World for Teens - Walt Disney World often has a reputation of being for young kids or families and not necessarily for teens.
- Disney Springs' "World Showcase of Flavors" - As new residents of Orlando we were excited to try the new food truck area at Disney Springs.
- A Few Obscure Things That Could Ruin Your Disney Vacation
- Spending the afternoon at a hidden gem: Tom Sawyer Island
- The Whole World and Beyond - In 27 Square Miles!
- Frozen Summer Fun Premium Packages now available - Cost is $69 adults, $39 children (ages 3-9).
- it's a small world closes for rehab - The attraction will reopen later this week.
- Be Our Guest breakfast can now be pre-ordered - Pre-ordering is available from 30 days to 5 minutes prior to the reservation time.
- Menu for The BOATHOUSE at Downtown Disney - This restaurants is located on the water in the Pleasure Island area of Downtown Disney.
- Walt Disney World's Jungle Cruise closes for refurb - This Magic Kingdom attraction will be closed through May 18.
- The BOATHOUSE opens today at Downtown Disney - This upscale, waterfront restaurant is one of the newest restaurants to join the Disney Springs area.
- 4 Reasons Why Disney Should Consider Bringing Back 3 Of The Original Hotel Concepts
- Five Things You Should Know Before Visiting Disneyland Paris
- Dooney & Bourke release at Downtown Disney - The Runway Princess collection and the Beach collection will be released on April 25 at Cherry Tree Lane at Marketplace Co-Op.
- Disney Myth buster: A Disney Vacation is Too Expensive - Let's break down the numbers and compare exactly how Disney stacks up against other common vacation destinations.
- This Dad's Disney "Duh" Moments - In order to help my fellow Disney fan dads, I decided to put together a short list in hopes that you will have fewer "duh" moments on your trip.
- Sleeper Pick, Best Resort for Tots: Bay Lake Tower - When choosing which resort in Walt Disney World to stay at with young children, many parents take into consideration how "kid-friendly" the resort appears to be.
- Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party tickets now on sale - The Party will be held select nights November 8-December 18, 2015.
- Night of Joy tickets now available - Night of Joy will be held this year on September 11-12.
- Tickets now on sale for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party - The Party will be held on select nights September 15-November 1, 2015.
- What's in your Disney park bag?
- Premium packages and VIP tour details for Star Wars Weekends - The packages offer reserved viewing for several of the weekend's events.
- Main pool reopened at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort - The pool has been closed for several months for a remodel.
- Main pool at Contemporary Resort to be closed in September - The pool will be closed for maintenance September 8-10, 2015.
- Convenient dining options near the Disney World parks - Sometimes on a Walt Disney World vacation, you find yourselves looking for dining options out of the parks, but still not too far away.
- Tables in Wonderland special dining events announced - Jiko wine dinners will be held April 18 and 19.
- List of Star Wars Weekends celebrities, including Ian McDiarmid and Frank Oz - New to this year's lineup are- Ian McDiarmid who played Senator/Emperor Palpatine and Frank Oz who played Yoda.
- Blog - Run, don’t walk to try one of these new sandwiches in Epcot!
- 5 Songs from Disney Films that are Works of Art - I feel these songs can stand on merit alone without the movies they are featured in.
- VIDEO: Disney's Polynesian Village Resort DVC Grand Opening Ceremony - The Bora Bora Bungalows and the Pago Pago Studio Villas at Disney's Polynesian Resort are now open and the newest members of the Disney Vacation Club family.
- Easter brunch to be held at Grand Floridian and Contemporary Resort - There will be three seatings at each.
- April merchandise events at Walt Disney World - List of merchandise events and artist appearances/signings around the Walt Disney World Resort.
- Happy 20th anniversary to Blizzard Beach! - Disney’s Blizzard Beach is a 66-acre themed water recreation attraction — inspired by the mythology of a snow ski resort that didn’t exactly find a suitable climate in Florida!
- Disney’s Polynesian Villas and Bungalows are now open!
- Blog - Judge fools all, banning Frozen from theme parks and agreeing with "Frozen is my life story" author
- VIDEO: Bora Bora Bungalows and Pago Pago Studio Villa Tour at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort - Take a tour of the brand new Bora Bora Bungalows and Pago Pago Studio Villas at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort
- VIDEO: Trader Sam's Grog Grotto Overview - Take a look inside Trader Sam's Grog Grotto at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort
- How young is too young? Bringing a baby to Walt Disney World
- Pricing released for Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Food & Wine Classic - 2015 will be the 6th year for this event that features wine and beer seminars, tasting stations and live music.
- Trader Sam's to be open from 4pm-midnight, with adults only after 8pm - Trader Sam's is currently in soft opening at the Polynesian and will officially open in late April.
- VIDEO: Skeleton Make-Up Tutorial For Disney Cruise Line and Walt Disney World - A simple and easy way to make up you or your kids for the great Disney costumed events.
- Succumbing to the Charms of Hong Kong Disneyland - Not surprisingly, the park has many things in common with the other two "Magic Kingdom" style parks I have visited, and it also has many features that make it unique.
- VIDEO: Pirate Make-Up Tutorial For Disney Cruise Line and Walt Disney World - A simple and easy way to make up you or your kids for the great Disney costumed events.
- New figures available for Star Wars Weekends D-Tech Me experience - The experience is held in Darth's Mall and takes about 10 minutes.
- Parking lot shuttle being tested at Downtown Disney - There will be an overflow parking shuttle between the Hess and Team Disney parking lots and the parking garage on the West Side (first floor drop off area). Shuttle hours will be Sunday - Thursday 10:00 AM to Midnight, Friday and Saturday 10:00 AM to 2:00 AM.
- Trader Sam's Grog Grotto soft opening on March 28 - It will officially open in late April.
- "Tomorrowland" preview to be shown at Epcot's Imagination Pavilion theater - This is available April 3 - May 22, 2015.
- Blog - Be Our Guest Breakfast and Construction Update in Magic Kingdom
- Dining at Disney's table-service restaurants with your children
- Super hero-themed store to open in Downtown Disney - A "Super Hero Headquarters" store will open in early May in the location of the former United World Soccer Store.
- Effortlessly Cast Off 3 Common Park Stressors
- 3 Reasons Why Upgrading To A Moderate Resort Can Make All The Difference
- New additions to menu at Studio Catering Company - New sandwiches and a vegetable wrap are available.
- Space Mountain to be closed for 4 days in April - The Magic Kingdom attraction will be closed from April 20-23.
- First look: Photos of Disney's new Polynesian Villas & Bora Bora Bungalows
- Meet the Easter Bunny at the Magic Kingdom - This meet and greet will take place through April 5.
- "Kid-sized" package offer available for Walt Disney World - Available for stays select nights 6/16/15 - 8/27/15.
- SeaWorld lays off Clyde & Seamore mimes, among others
- Man sentenced to 5 years for Disney ticket scam
- Club 33 members upset about more changes to benefits
- Iger says future Star Wars attractions to be based on new films
- SeaWorld's CEO steps down
- Man sues SeaWorld for automatically renewing his annual pass
- Retirement date set for Disney's Meg Crofton
- Woman sues Disney, claiming disability after falling from carousel horse
- Hotel leadership changes at Walt Disney World
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer released