Accessing the Internet on a Disney Vacation
It's not unusual for today's vacationers to bring a laptop along for the trip. In response to this, Disney is continually updating guest computer access at the resorts.
All of the Disney resorts and theme parks have Complimentary Wireless Internet Access. In our experience, the speed isn't great and the connection often drops. Hopefully this will improve in the future.
Technical support is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Requirements: A laptop with wireless internet capabilities.
Computer Rentals: You can rent a computer at the Disney Resort Business Centers which are located at the resorts listed in the next section. These computers can be accessed during normal Business Center Hours. The center is to be contacted for pricing/availabilty.
Additionally, laptops can be rented. These require 24 hours notice.
The Disney Cruise Line ships offer Wireless
If your laptop is wireless ready, you can bring it onboard the Disney Cruise Line and use it to surf the net and have full access to your personal files. There is a fee associated with using the onboard wireless. Click Here for more information
Charging cell phones in the parks:
- In the Magic Kingdom - USB ports and 110v outlets are located in Storybook Circus near Pete's Silly Sideshow, Space Mountain gift shop and in the Tangled restroom area. You will need your own charger.
- At any of the parks, if you have your charger, you can also leave your phone at guest relations. They will give you a Article Storage Ticket and you can pick it back up whenver you want.
- There are regular wall outlets to be found around the parks, but - Do not unplug anything or move anything to get to an outlet. Play it safe and ask a cast member if there's anywhere you can plug in.
Complimentary wi-Fi is offered at all Disney Resorts and throughout the theme parks. If you have a Wi-Fi enabled laptop or PDA, you can also access the internet from common areas at the resort. Just select the correct network, connect and accept the terms and conditions. Covered cellular carriers include AT&T, Verizon, Spring, T-Mobile and MetroPCS.
Common areas with free wifi:
Bus stops, feature pool, main lobby, porte cochere
Requirements: If needed, you may be able to purchase a Wireless Interface Card (WIC) in the resort's business center (locations at resorts listed below).
Disney World Locations:
- The Mara
- Kidani Village bus stop
- Lobby and villas at Kidani
- Main Lobby area
- Stone Harbor Club Concierge Lounge
- Stormalong Bay Pool area
- Beaches and Cream
- Cape May Cafe
- Convention Center Hallways/Common Areas
- Resort Lobby
- Main Swimming Pool Area
- Concierge Lounges
- Bellevue Lounge
- Conference Center (including lobby and porte cochere)
- Outside on The Boardwalk
- Front Desk sitting area
- 14th Floor Concierge sitting area
- Outer Rim Bar
- 1st Floor Convention Center Lobby
- 2nd Floor Convention Center Lobby
- Feature Pool
- Chef Mickey's
- The Wave
- Contempo Cafe
- Bay Lake Tower - rooms, lobby and porte cochere
- Main Hotel Lobby
- Convention Center Lobby
- Feature Pool
- Francisco's Lounge
- Maya Grill
- Pepper market
- Food court
- Reception Outpost Internet Cafe
- Meadows Trading Post
- Crockett's Tavern
- 1st Floor Lobby including the Tea Room
- Convention Center
- Beach Pool
- 4th Floor Concierge sitting area
- Victoria & Albert's
- 1900 Park Fare
- Grand Floridian Cafe
- Gasparilla Grill & Games
- Turtle Shack
- Captain Cooks
- Kona Cafe
- Luaua Cove
- Turf Club
- High Rock Springs Pool
- Treehouse Villas
- Artist Point
- Roaring Forks
- Whispering Canyon Cafe
- Wilderness Lodge Villas
- Main Lobby (both resorts)
- Concierge sitting area (both resorts)
- Convention Center Lobby
- Stormalong Bay Pool
- Captain's Grille
- Yachtsman Steakhouse
Wi-Fi networks may be the fastest-growing segment of Wi-Fi service, as more and more travelers and mobile professionals look for fast and secure Internet access wherever they are while they travel. Wi-Fi networks soon will be found in urban areas providing coverage throughout cities, or they will even be available on major highways, enabling access anywhere you can pull over and stop the car.
Please note you only have true freedom to be connected anywhere if your computer is configured with a Wi-Fi CERTIFIED radio (a PC Card or similar device). Wi-Fi certification means that you will be able to connect anywhere there are other compatible Wi-Fi CERTIFIED products — whether you are at home, the office or corporate campus, or in airports, hotels, coffee shops and other public areas equipped with Wi-Fi access available.
Wi-Fi Service systems being used now in the
Boingo Wireless, Inc. is an ultra-high-speed wireless Internet service available in thousands of locations such as hotels, airports, cafes, and other public places, in dozens of countries throughout the world. Both directly and through major carrier and ISP partners, Boingo provides business travelers with a wireless broadband Internet connection to improve productivity while on the road. Through its Wi-Fi software and Roaming System, Boingo makes finding and connecting to Wi-Fi networks point-and-click simple and secure. More information about Boingo is available at www.boingo.com.
Trustive - Wireless Internet access provider (virtual WISP or VWISP) Wireless freedom For more info go to www.trustive.com/
Wayport is the one of the leading providers of high-speed wired and Wi-Fi (802.11b) wireless Internet access for travelers throughout an extensive network of hotels, airports, cafes, and other public places, in dozens of countries throughout the world. For more information on locations go to www.wayport.com/
T-Mobile Wireless Internet Access - T-Mobile Hot Spots Wireless Internet Access Service, Services T-Mobile HotSpot provides high-speed Wi-Fi wireless Internet access in convenient public locations. For locations go to www.t-mobile.com/hotspot/
hereUare Communications provides a suite of innovative services based on the internationally recognized IEEE 802.11 (Wi-Fi) standard and tailored to meet the unique requirements of the high-speed public wireless industry. www.hereuare.com/
STSN is one of the leading providers of secure wired and wireless broadband services to the hospitality industry. Every month, more than a quarter million business travelers rely on STSN to increase their productivity with secure, easy-to-use, high-speed connectivity options in more than 1,900 hotels and 265,000 guest rooms, including 5,000 hotel meeting rooms worldwide. www.stsn.com/hotel_locator.php
- Tiered pricing coming to the U.S. Disney theme parks? - According to Fortune.com, guests at the U.S. Disney theme parks may soon pay more depending on the time of year they visit.
- WDW celebration buttons now available at indoor merchandise locations - These buttons are now available at Guest Relations and any indoor merchandise location.
- Ferrytale Wishes: A Fireworks Dessert Cruise debuts today - Set sail on the ferryboat from the Ticket & Transportation Ferryboat Dock one hour before Wishes begins and enjoy desserts and beverages while watching the nighttime spectacular with the music piped through the boat's sound system.
- Animal Kingdom's Flights of Wonder closed until 11/5 - This attraction gives guests a demonstration of birds of flight as the birds display their natural behaviors and talents.
- New golf rates released for Walt Disney World golf courses - These rates are in effect through 1/17/16.
- Jedi Training Academy is now closed for a rehab - This attraction will reopen as "Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple" later this year.
- Changes in pricing and benefits for WDW Annual Passes
- Pricing raised for Tables in Wonderland program - Prices have increased $50 for both annual passholders and Florida residents.
- Increase in parking fees for Walt Disney World - Parking increased from $17 to $20. Valet parking increased from $15 to $25.
- At what age do you let your kids be "on their own" at Disney World?
- Ultimate guide to Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
- One Man's Dream to be closed from 10/16-12/5 - A sneak peek of The Good Dinosaur will be held in its place.
- The Good Dinosaur preview coming to Hollywood Studios - Preview begins October 16th in One Man's Dream attraction.
- New menu at Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe - Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe now has a brand new Tex-Mex menu complete with fixin's bar!
- October merchandise events and signings at Walt Disney World - List of artist appearances at Walt Disney World.
- Latin Baseball Festival coming to ESPN Wide World of Sports - This will take place November 20-22, 2015.
- Happy 33rd Birthday to Epcot! - Epcot opened on October 1, 1982.
- Happy 44th Birthday to the Magic Kingdom! - The Magic Kingdom opened on October 1, 1971.
- Top 5 Things You Didn't Know About The Magic Kingdom
- VIDEO: Epcot International Food & Wine Festival 2015 - Take a stroll through Epcot during the 2015 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- Magic Together Package available at Walt Disney World - Valid for stays most nights 1/2-4/13/16.
- Save up to 25% on select Deluxe and Deluxe Villa Resorts - Book by 12/23/15.
- Kid-sized package offer starting at just $874 - Valid for stays most nights 1/2-4/13/16.
- Play, Stay and Dine Package available - save up to $500! - Valid for stays most nights 12/13-12/19/15 and 1/2-3/7/16.
- Lengthy rehab brings changes to Pirates of the Caribbean - This included restoration work and new paint inside, as well as enhanced special effects.
- Top 5 Most Expensive Dishes At The 2015 Food and Wine Festival - Most of the Global Marketplace dishes are 4 to 5 dollars, but in some locations an extra dollar or two means you can get lobster, steak, or escargot.
- 4 Ways to Prevent Your Family From Having A Meltdown in the Disney Parks - Now we can all be judgmental of these guests, but before we do that, let’s make sure we don’t become those types of guests.
- 2015 Epcot Food and Wine Festival Food Photos
- Highlights of the 2015 Food and Wine Festival - The Food and Wine Festival started its 2015 celebration on September 25th and will run until November 16th.
- Epcot Food and Wine Festival 2015 Photo Gallery
- WDW 2016 Military ticket discount information released - These tickets must be purchased from 9/25/15 - 12/16/16 and must be used from 1/3/16 - 12/19/16.
- Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique now offering Frozen Package - There are 2 options - one with the dress and one without.
- 2015 Epcot Food and Wine Festival Menus
- Stay, Play and Dine Package released for Disney Visa cardholders - Valid for stays most nights 12/13-12/19/15 and 1/2-3/7/16.
- Room only offer available for Disney Visa cardholders - This is available from 1/2-4/13/16.
- Summit Plummet and Slush Gusher to be closed through 10/3 - The Blizzard Beach attractions are experiencing technical issues.
- Chase Lounge offers extra amenities for Food & Wine Festival's 20th anniversary - In addition to the beverages and charging stations of the past, the lounge will also offer a dedicated Festival Information desk, social media photo booth and a computer station for guests to email Festival recipes.
- Duffy the Disney Bear's meet and greet to end Oct. 3 - Daisy Duck will begin greeting guests in the same location Oct. 4.
- Matching Shirts in a Disney Park are a Good Idea - My perception of the “matching shirt families” was that it was purposeless, and just plain goofy looking. I was so wrong.
- Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar now open at Downtown Disney - Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar is an aviation-themed lounge located between Paradiso 37 and The BOATHOUSE.
- Registration opens for 2016 Star Wars Half Marathon - The Dark Side - This new event will take place 4/14 - 4/17/16.
- Review: The Muppets "Pig Girls Don’t Cry (Pilot)" - The Muppets are finally back on television and it only took 17 years.
- Hong Kong Disneyland: The Little Resort That Could - On September 12, 2005, the Hong Kong Disneyland Resort opened.
- Top Costumes of the 2015 Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party - The Halloween spirit was on full display for the first night of the party as many guests came in full costume.
- Critical Look At Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party - This event was a truly magical time. That being said, the event wasn’t perfect.
- Have you avoided a ride at Disney, only to find out later that you love it? - Have there been any rides at the Disney parks that you were hesitant to go on but you ended up loving?
- Did I Miss My Chance To Buy Disney Stock?
- Details and Pricing released for Merry & Bright Dessert Party and Dinner Reception - These parties include a reserved viewing location overlooking the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights at Disney's Hollywood Studios.
- VIDEO: NEW Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular Full Show
- Highlights of the 2015 Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party
- Narcoossee's to offer Sunday brunch beginning November 22 - The price is $69 for adults and $41 for kids ages 3-9.
- VIDEO: "I Put A Spell On You" Hocus Pocus Villain Spectacular Finale - Watch the finale of the Hocus Pocus Villain Spectacular at the 2015 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party!
- Feeling the Disney Embrace - There are times in my life when I know I am lucky.
- Walt Disney World Downtown Disney Roadwork Updates
- Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar will open September 22 - This new lounge at Downtown Disney is named after the pilot from the Indiana Jones films.
- Animal Kingdom's Flights of Wonder to be closed from 10/5-11/5 - A full list of rehabs can be found at http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/rehab.htm
- Halloween Minnie Mouse costume will be available at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique - This will be available from from September 15-November 1.
- Mulch, Sweat, n' Shears final performance will be October 10
- Night of Joy to be streamed live both nights - The stream will begin at 7:30pm ET.
- Dessert Party and Dinner Reception announced for Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights - Reservations open 9/16 and more details will be announced at that time.
- The Magic Kingdom for Teens - The Magic Kingdom is often that park seen by most as the one for families or small children, but it has so much to offer for all ages.
- Schedule released for Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Times for the night's events have changed from last year.
- 20th anniversary Food & Wine Festival Cookbook to be sold in Welcome Center - In addition to the recipes, this special-edition of the Festival Cookbook will include 50 pages of the Festival's history and photos.
- September Merchandise events and signings at Walt Disney World - List of events and signings around the Walt Disney World resort.
- Specialty treats available at Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Guests can indulge in monster cupcakes, candy corn cotton candy, Halloween cookie ice cream sandwiches and more.
- Magic Kingdom's Night Of Joy now sold out - This two-night event will take place September 11-12.
- "Holidays at Disney Springs" sees old favorites return, plus new decorations - Decorations will be in place in mid-November.
- New Ferrytale Wishes Fireworks Dessert Cruises to debut at Magic Kingdom - Set sail on the ferryboat from the Ticket & Transportation Ferryboat Dock one hour before Wishes begins and enjoy desserts and beverages while watching the nighttime spectacular with the music piped through the boat's sound system.
- What one question would you ask Walt Disney? - I was reading a book about Walt Disney the other day. It got me to thinking what it would be like to meet this man in person.
- I got a BB-8 and my cats now hate me: a review - I locked in on its adorable little droid eyes and antennas: remote control BB-8- that little ball droid from The Force Awakens trailer. I had to have it.
- Force Friday event no longer ticketed, now open to general public - This event is a midnight release party for the new Star Wars and Star Wars: The Force Awakens themed merchandise.
- Updated parking/traffic information for Downtown Disney - As work continues at Downtown Disney, parking and traffic flow will be disrupted.
- Aulani makes plans for the upcoming holiday season - Special events will be taking place for Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- Morimoto Asia opening at Disney Springs September 30 - Iron Chef Morimoto will open his own dining experience at Disney Springs, the first pan-Asian restaurant with foods from around the continent.
- Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant to serve breakfast for the holiday season - Breakfast will be available from November 1, 2015-January 23, 2016.
- Exclusive Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom card to be available during Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Guests must show their party ticket and event wristband to receive their card.
- How to make the most of your Walt Disney World vacation - Now that your trip is booked, it's time to start the day-to-day planning so you can make the most out of your time at Walt Disney World!
- Disney Infinity 3.0 Review - Information on the past, present, and future of the Disney Infinity system along with a review of the newest Disney Infinity 3.0.
- A Simple Guide to Planning Your First Walt Disney World Vacation - Here are the 4 things you’ll need to think about first to make the initial part of the planning process go more smoothly.
- What does your family do on your first night at Disney? - Do you arrive early enough to hit the ground running and head right to the parks? Or do you save a park day on your ticket and hang out at the resort for the night?
- Food & Wine Festival introduces 20th Festival Tasting Sampler and Food & Wine Premium Package
- FastPass+ now available for Eat to the Beat concerts - Reservations can be made on the My Disney Experience app or website.
- Tips to have a better experience while flying to Walt Disney World - I would like to suggest some tips to have a better experience while going through the airport and getting on the plane to Walt Disney World.
- SeaWorld lays off Clyde & Seamore mimes, among others
- Man sentenced to 5 years for Disney ticket scam
- Club 33 members upset about more changes to benefits
- Iger says future Star Wars attractions to be based on new films
- SeaWorld's CEO steps down
- Man sues SeaWorld for automatically renewing his annual pass
- Retirement date set for Disney's Meg Crofton
- Woman sues Disney, claiming disability after falling from carousel horse
- Hotel leadership changes at Walt Disney World
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer released