Accessing the Internet on a Disney Vacation
It's not unusual for today's vacationers to bring a laptop along for the trip. In response to this, Disney is continually updating guest computer access at the resorts.
All of the Disney resorts and theme parks have Complimentary Wireless Internet Access. In our experience, the speed isn't great and the connection often drops. Hopefully this will improve in the future.
Technical support is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Requirements: A laptop with wireless internet capabilities.
Computer Rentals: You can rent a computer at the Disney Resort Business Centers which are located at the resorts listed in the next section. These computers can be accessed during normal Business Center Hours. The center is to be contacted for pricing/availabilty.
Additionally, laptops can be rented. These require 24 hours notice.
The Disney Cruise Line ships offer Wireless
If your laptop is wireless ready, you can bring it onboard the Disney Cruise Line and use it to surf the net and have full access to your personal files. There is a fee associated with using the onboard wireless. Click Here for more information
Charging cell phones in the parks:
- In the Magic Kingdom - USB ports and 110v outlets are located in Storybook Circus near Pete's Silly Sideshow, Space Mountain gift shop and in the Tangled restroom area. You will need your own charger.
- At any of the parks, if you have your charger, you can also leave your phone at guest relations. They will give you a Article Storage Ticket and you can pick it back up whenver you want.
- There are regular wall outlets to be found around the parks, but - Do not unplug anything or move anything to get to an outlet. Play it safe and ask a cast member if there's anywhere you can plug in.
Complimentary wi-Fi is offered at all Disney Resorts and throughout the theme parks. If you have a Wi-Fi enabled laptop or PDA, you can also access the internet from common areas at the resort. Just select the correct network, connect and accept the terms and conditions. Covered cellular carriers include AT&T, Verizon, Spring, T-Mobile and MetroPCS.
Common areas with free wifi:
Bus stops, feature pool, main lobby, porte cochere
Requirements: If needed, you may be able to purchase a Wireless Interface Card (WIC) in the resort's business center (locations at resorts listed below).
Disney World Locations:
- The Mara
- Kidani Village bus stop
- Lobby and villas at Kidani
- Main Lobby area
- Stone Harbor Club Concierge Lounge
- Stormalong Bay Pool area
- Beaches and Cream
- Cape May Cafe
- Convention Center Hallways/Common Areas
- Resort Lobby
- Main Swimming Pool Area
- Concierge Lounges
- Bellevue Lounge
- Conference Center (including lobby and porte cochere)
- Outside on The Boardwalk
- Front Desk sitting area
- 14th Floor Concierge sitting area
- Outer Rim Bar
- 1st Floor Convention Center Lobby
- 2nd Floor Convention Center Lobby
- Feature Pool
- Chef Mickey's
- The Wave
- Contempo Cafe
- Bay Lake Tower - rooms, lobby and porte cochere
- Main Hotel Lobby
- Convention Center Lobby
- Feature Pool
- Francisco's Lounge
- Maya Grill
- Pepper market
- Food court
- Reception Outpost Internet Cafe
- Meadows Trading Post
- Crockett's Tavern
- 1st Floor Lobby including the Tea Room
- Convention Center
- Beach Pool
- 4th Floor Concierge sitting area
- Victoria & Albert's
- 1900 Park Fare
- Grand Floridian Cafe
- Gasparilla Grill & Games
- Turtle Shack
- Captain Cooks
- Kona Cafe
- Luaua Cove
- Turf Club
- High Rock Springs Pool
- Treehouse Villas
- Artist Point
- Roaring Forks
- Whispering Canyon Cafe
- Wilderness Lodge Villas
- Main Lobby (both resorts)
- Concierge sitting area (both resorts)
- Convention Center Lobby
- Stormalong Bay Pool
- Captain's Grille
- Yachtsman Steakhouse
Wi-Fi networks may be the fastest-growing segment of Wi-Fi service, as more and more travelers and mobile professionals look for fast and secure Internet access wherever they are while they travel. Wi-Fi networks soon will be found in urban areas providing coverage throughout cities, or they will even be available on major highways, enabling access anywhere you can pull over and stop the car.
Please note you only have true freedom to be connected anywhere if your computer is configured with a Wi-Fi CERTIFIED radio (a PC Card or similar device). Wi-Fi certification means that you will be able to connect anywhere there are other compatible Wi-Fi CERTIFIED products — whether you are at home, the office or corporate campus, or in airports, hotels, coffee shops and other public areas equipped with Wi-Fi access available.
Wi-Fi Service systems being used now in the
Boingo Wireless, Inc. is an ultra-high-speed wireless Internet service available in thousands of locations such as hotels, airports, cafes, and other public places, in dozens of countries throughout the world. Both directly and through major carrier and ISP partners, Boingo provides business travelers with a wireless broadband Internet connection to improve productivity while on the road. Through its Wi-Fi software and Roaming System, Boingo makes finding and connecting to Wi-Fi networks point-and-click simple and secure. More information about Boingo is available at www.boingo.com.
Trustive - Wireless Internet access provider (virtual WISP or VWISP) Wireless freedom For more info go to www.trustive.com/
Wayport is the one of the leading providers of high-speed wired and Wi-Fi (802.11b) wireless Internet access for travelers throughout an extensive network of hotels, airports, cafes, and other public places, in dozens of countries throughout the world. For more information on locations go to www.wayport.com/
T-Mobile Wireless Internet Access - T-Mobile Hot Spots Wireless Internet Access Service, Services T-Mobile HotSpot provides high-speed Wi-Fi wireless Internet access in convenient public locations. For locations go to www.t-mobile.com/hotspot/
hereUare Communications provides a suite of innovative services based on the internationally recognized IEEE 802.11 (Wi-Fi) standard and tailored to meet the unique requirements of the high-speed public wireless industry. www.hereuare.com/
STSN is one of the leading providers of secure wired and wireless broadband services to the hospitality industry. Every month, more than a quarter million business travelers rely on STSN to increase their productivity with secure, easy-to-use, high-speed connectivity options in more than 1,900 hotels and 265,000 guest rooms, including 5,000 hotel meeting rooms worldwide. www.stsn.com/hotel_locator.php
- Travel + Leisure honors Aulani and other Disney resorts
- VIDEO: Escape to the Magic Kingdom - Some days you just need to escape. What better place to escape to than Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World!
- Disney Reports First Quarter Fiscal Earnings - Disney reported their first quarter earnings and revenue on Tuesday that surpassed expectations.
- Tables in Wonderland offers Flower & Garden Festival Sneak Peek - Registration for this event opens 2/11 and is exclusive to Tables in Wonderland members.
- VIDEO: Epcot in a Flash - A time-lapse day at Epcot shot on Tuesday January 26th, 2016.
- What Makes a 'Perfect' Disney Vacation?
- Plans in place for Frozen holiday special and Broadway musical
- 5 Ways to find Romance in Walt Disney World for Valentine's Day
- SeaWorld announces first weekend's bands for Bands, Brew & BBQ - Musicians for the first weekend will be Smash Mouth (Feb. 13) and Gladys Knight (Feb. 14).
- No Kids, No Entry? - Occasionally, when on a solo trip and feeling particularly sorry for myself, I will admit that I have felt a little awkward when the cast members are loading rides, sad about not sharing such amazing experiences, or even slightly pathetic.
- VIDEO: Disney's Hollywood Studios in a Flash - A time-lapse day at Disney's Hollywood Studios shot on Wednesday January 27th, 2016.
- Circle of Life rumored to be closed at Epcot - Rumors are that this attraction has closed permanently. It closed for a refurb on February 7 and WDW News Today is reporting that the show will actually not reopen with the theater on April 3 and that a new film will take its place. This has not yet been confirmed by Disney.
- Kylo Ren replaces Darth Vader at Star Wars Launch Bay - This is located at Disney's Hollywood Studios.
- Skipper Canteen to test same-day reservations - This will take place from February 12-27.
- Top 5 Disney Parks Souvenirs For Your Little One - Taking your baby along to Walt Disney World? Here are 5 great souvenirs to buy for your little one while you are there.
- 5 Worst Things Heavy Crowds Do to the Disney Parks
- Meet Popular Characters without Waiting in Line - Meeting Disney characters is a treat for children and adults alike, but the wait can be exhausting.
- VIDEO: Minnie's Silver Screen Dine at Disney's Hollywood Studios - Minnie's Silver Screen Dine is a seasonal overlay at the Hollywood & Vine restaurant at Disney's Hollywood Studios.
- Google Street View photographing the Magic Kingdom
- New venue at ESPN Wide World of Sports to host cheerleading and dance events - It will be the world's first venue specifically for cheerleading and dance.
- Select Spirit of Aloha shows will be cancelled 2/9 and 2/10 - This is due to projected low temperatures in the area.
- VIDEO: Disney Springs in a FLASH - A time-lapse day at Disney Springs shot on Wednesday February 3rd, 2016.
- Victoria & Albert's given 17th AAA five-diamond distinction
- 8:15pm Spirit of Aloha show will be cancelled 2/5 and 2/6 - This is for projected low temperatures in the area.
- Blizzard Beach to be closed through 2/10 - This is due to projected low temperatures in the area.
- Author book signings to celebrate Black History Month - Terry McMillan and Chef G. Garvin will sign their books at the American Adventure Pavilion in Epcot.
- Yo Ho, Yo Ho, a Pirate's Room for Me! - After reading mixed reviews, my family decided to try out the pirate-themed rooms at Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort.
- Blizzard Beach to be closed 2/5/16 - This is due to projected low temperatures in the area.
- Disney Springs' Fulton's Crab House to lay off 214 ahead of 6-month refurb
- House arrest mandated for man who tried to bring guns to Disneyland Paris hotel
- Stand and Deliver: Effective Techniques for Vacation Complaints and Conflict Resolution - No matter how much research and planning you put into your Disney vacation (and in some cases, because of it), something's going to happen that is completely out of your control.
- Suspects arrested in connection with string of burglaries at Disney's Saratoga Springs - The two suspects from Orlando, Jake Loren Blair (25) and Minoska Guillen (19), are in jail on grand theft charges.
- Official list of bands for Epcot Flower & Garden Festival - Four new performers will be joining the lineup this year.
- Shanghai Disneyland ticket pricing based on demand
- U.S. News & World Report names several Disney hotels "Best in Orlando"
- New D23 Gold Member events at Walt Disney World
- Data breach reported at Yak & Yeti restaurant at Disney's Animal Kingdom
- Top 5 Tips You Need to Know When Booking a Reservation at Be Our Guest Restaurant
- Isn't he too young for Disney World? - Isn't he too young to appreciate a trip like that? Don't you think it's a lot of money to spend when you won't be able to do any rides? Will you even be able to enjoy your vacation?
- Animal Kingdom's Boneyard to be closed from 2/22 - 3/17/2016 - This is for a planned refurb.
- Club Disney at Disney's Hollywood Studios to close Feb. 6 - This will now become seasonal, returning at various points throughout the year.
- Several resort pools added to the rehab list - Many of the rehabs last through the spring.
- Top 5 Things You Didn't Know About The Magic Kingdom
- Uber to bring option of child car seats to Orlando
- Residents of Super Bowl States offered discount at Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin
- Partial list of bands for Epcot's Garden Rocks Concert Series - This is during the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival and was formerly known as the Flower Power Concert Series.
- Flying Fish now closed through fall 2016 for remodeling - The menu will still offer seasonal specialties and the onstage kitchen will remain.
- Several Disney restaurants honored in Orlando Sentinel's Foodie Awards
- February Walt Disney World Merchandise events and signings - List of artist appearances and signings around the Walt Disney World Resort.
- I Can Go The Distance: All 26.2 Miles of the WDW Marathon - When I decided to run a marathon, it certainly seemed daunting, intimidating, challenging. Yet, oddly enough, it seemed achievable. "Perhaps, just perhaps," I thought, "with a little hard-work, dedication, and discipline I, too, could do it."
- Disney Parks Blog to live stream Fantasmic! from Hollywood Studios - This will take place Tuesday, February 2 at 6:50pm EST.
- Moving walkways and a nearby toll plaza being removed at Orlando International Airport
- Family suing Disney, claiming that grandmother died after boy bitten by snake
- Tables in Wonderland offers Flower & Garden Festival Sneak Peek - This buffet lunch will give diners a chance to taste some of the offerings for this year's Festival outdoor kitchens, as well as beer and wine pairings, and hear about some of the other plans for the event.
- Man with two guns in luggage arrested at Disneyland Paris hotel
- Disney's ESPN Wide World of Sports to add new venue
- Charging stations added to Grand Floridian pool bars - These are complimentary and can accommodate a variety of devices.
- Seashore Sweets to close February 1 - A new candy store may reopen on the Boardwalk when the Flying Fish remodel is complete in November.
- Harrison Ford previews Star Wars lands & Elton John performs during Disneyland television special
- New discounts available for the Walt Disney World golf courses - There are multi-round discounts available, as well as a sunrise pass.
- Joy and Sadness meet and greet to begin in Epcot? - This is still just a rumor, but if true, they would join Baymax in the expanded Character Spot.
- Rumor: New finale scene coming to Big Thunder Mountain?
- What should you do in Disney's Hollywood Studios during the impending construction? - During construction, the price of a one day ticket to the park will likely not change and will stay at $97. The largest decision to make is whether or not to even go to the park.
- Annual passholder discount for La Nouba - Ticket discount valid through April 2, 2016.
- What should you do in Disney's Hollywood Studios during the impending construction?
- Fulton's Crab House: The New Sunday Brunch
- Haunted Mansion (Low-Light 4K POV) | Magic Kingdom
- Disney chairman Bob Iger says Star Wars and Marvel movies will continue
- Blizzard Beach to be closed 1/27-1/29 - This is due to projected low temps in the area.
- New Disney's Grand Floridian Merchandise is "Practically Perfect" in Every Way
- Nine Dragons celebrates the Year of the Monkey with a new lunch special - This menu special will be offered through January 27, 2017.
- Federal lawsuits fired by laid-off Disney tech workers
- Is Magic Kingdom's "Skipper Canteen" taking on water? - The response from fans after the restaurant opened has ranged from muted disinterest to disdain.
- Central Florida theme parks report quarterly injuries
- Walt Disney World planning Star Wars Rebels meet and greets?
- Top 4 Best Places on Walt Disney World property to watch the Super Bowl
- SMS Audio brings super hero headphones to Disney Springs - These retail for $99.95, plus tax.
- Disney honored by Recommend readers
- Afternoon tea coming to Disney's Beach Club Resort - The tea is offered on 2/11-2/14, 3/24-3/29, 5/5-5/8 and 9/1-9/5 and reservations can be made by calling 407-WDW-DINE.
- Changes in management system at Walt Disney World
- 5 Things That Can Get You Kicked Out of Disney Parks - Let me remind you of some of these in the hopes of keeping your next Disney vacation from being your last Disney vacation.
- Latest Construction Photos From Pandora - The World of Avatar and Rivers of Light
- Appreciating the Disney Cast Members Who Create Magic Everyday - One would think that working for "The Mouse" would be super fun and magical, but the perceived glamour of being a cast member is far from reality.
- Zootopia exhibit coming to Animal Kingdom - Guests will get to see some of the research that went into the making of the film.
- Release date for Star Wars: Episode VIII pushed back - Originally set for release in summer of 2017, viewers will now have to wait until December 15, 2017 to see the next installment of the saga.
- Florida resident and Annual Passholder Cirque du Soleil discounts available - Purchase tickets for as low as $59.
- Annual Passholders can stay for as low as $96/night! - This offer is valid for stays most nights 3/20 - 6/14/16.
- Current Obsession: Minnie's Wardrobe - There must be some remarkable professionals with a great deal of talent who design and fabricate each look for her.
- VIDEO: Tony's Town Square Restaurant | Magic Kingdom - Enjoy the sights of Tony's Town Square Restaurant on Main Street U.S.A. at Disney's Magic Kingdom.
- 5 Best Attractions for Multi-generational Families in Walt Disney World - Making sure that grandma and grandpa can ride the same rides as their grandchildren is something that makes Walt Disney World so special, so it is important you find attractions that everyone can, and will, want to do together.
- Disney recalls Darth Vader and Diamond Celebration infant bodysuits
- Habit Heroes in Epcot's Innoventions is now closed - The only remaining exhibits in Innoventions are Colortopia, Sum of All Thrills, and StormStruck.
- Walt Disney World offers discounted tickets for Florida residents
- New Marvel figures leaked for Disney Infinity 3.0 update
- Fulton's Crab House adds new Sunday brunch - The prices will range from $16-$22 per entree.
- New quick-service meal offer at Walt Disney World - With this offer, when guests book a package, including room and tickets, at one of the Value resorts, they will get one free quick service meal per person, per night.
- Free quick-service meal per person, per night with a Walt Disney World package - Book a Walt Disney World package that includes a Value resort room and theme park tickets and get one free quick-service meal per person, per night.
- Dining reservations can now be modified online - Existing dining reservations can now be modified up to 20 minutes prior to the reservation time.
- The Willis Clan will perform at Raglan Road 1/19-1/22 - This 12-member family band was seen on America's Got Talent and their latest album is #6 on the iTunes pop charts.
- Reservations system update taking place for Cinderella's Royal Table - Due to a system update, reservations for dates after 7/14/16 will not be available until 1/31/16.
- Modified service for the Walt Disney World monorail - List of closure dates and times while the monorail is under refurbishment.
- List of 2016 dark dates for Cirque du Soleil's La Nouba - La Nouba will not perform on these dates in 2016.
- 2016 Disney Dining Plan participating restaurants updated - Menus and locations for all restaurants participating in the Disney Dining Plan.
- New acts added to Cirque du Soleil's La Nouba - The high wire and jump rope acts have been removed.
- Animal Kingdom's Flights of Wonder to be closed from 1/25-3/17 - The seating area will be getting a permanent roof over it.
- Main Street USA in The Magic Kingdom - Stop and Enjoy it! - I never realized before how much I had missed by walking on by.
- 5 Tips To Make The Most Out Of Disney's Photopass Service
- The Magic Kingdom for Annual Passholders
- The Force Awakens villain Kylo Ren coming to Disney Parks
- Earffel Tower being removed from Hollywood Studios
- Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show to close
- Disney World ticket scammer faces the judge
- Disney World to hire additional personnel to replace private security
- Worst Types of Guests in Disney Parks - Guests from all over the world visit Disney parks everyday. Unfortunately, some guests are destructive to the happiness that the Disney parks are trying to create for everyone else.
- Top 5 Planning Threads on DISBoards.com for December 2015 - This year, we’re starting something new by presenting you with our top five DISBoards.com threads of the month!
- 7+ Must Haves When Traveling to Disney With a Baby
- 3 Ways Disney Could Improve the Disney Dining Plans
- 5 Ways to Avoid the Big Family Argument on Your Disney World Vacation - Traveling to Walt Disney World with a large family can be both amazing and horrifying. Based on my own experiences with my family, here are five ways to avoid the big family argument during your next vacation.
- Disney seeks permission from the FAA to use drones
- Tables in Wonderland Field to Feast event - This special Tables in Wonderland event features chefs from around the Walt Disney World Resort.
- 5 Ways to Stay Healthy in Walt Disney World - You might be pleasantly surprised to know that Walt Disney World offers many healthy options.
- ILM working on a boat ride for Star Wars land?
- SeaWorld lays off Clyde & Seamore mimes, among others
- Man sentenced to 5 years for Disney ticket scam
- Club 33 members upset about more changes to benefits
- Iger says future Star Wars attractions to be based on new films
- SeaWorld's CEO steps down
- Man sues SeaWorld for automatically renewing his annual pass
- Retirement date set for Disney's Meg Crofton
- Woman sues Disney, claiming disability after falling from carousel horse
- Hotel leadership changes at Walt Disney World
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer released