Accessing the Internet on a Disney Vacation
It's not unusual for today's vacationers to bring a laptop along for the trip. In response to this, Disney is continually updating guest computer access at the resorts.
All of the Disney resorts and theme parks have Complimentary Wireless Internet Access. In our experience, the speed isn't great and the connection often drops. Hopefully this will improve in the future.
Technical support is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Requirements: A laptop with wireless internet capabilities.
Computer Rentals: You can rent a computer at the Disney Resort Business Centers which are located at the resorts listed in the next section. These computers can be accessed during normal Business Center Hours. The center is to be contacted for pricing/availabilty.
Additionally, laptops can be rented. These require 24 hours notice.
The Disney Cruise Line ships offer Wireless
If your laptop is wireless ready, you can bring it onboard the Disney Cruise Line and use it to surf the net and have full access to your personal files. There is a fee associated with using the onboard wireless. Click Here for more information
Charging cell phones in the parks:
- In the Magic Kingdom - USB ports and 110v outlets are located in Storybook Circus near Pete's Silly Sideshow, Space Mountain gift shop and in the Tangled restroom area. You will need your own charger.
- At any of the parks, if you have your charger, you can also leave your phone at guest relations. They will give you a Article Storage Ticket and you can pick it back up whenver you want.
- There are regular wall outlets to be found around the parks, but - Do not unplug anything or move anything to get to an outlet. Play it safe and ask a cast member if there's anywhere you can plug in.
Complimentary wi-Fi is offered at all Disney Resorts and throughout the theme parks. If you have a Wi-Fi enabled laptop or PDA, you can also access the internet from common areas at the resort. Just select the correct network, connect and accept the terms and conditions. Covered cellular carriers include AT&T, Verizon, Spring, T-Mobile and MetroPCS.
Common areas with free wifi:
Bus stops, feature pool, main lobby, porte cochere
Requirements: If needed, you may be able to purchase a Wireless Interface Card (WIC) in the resort's business center (locations at resorts listed below).
Disney World Locations:
- The Mara
- Kidani Village bus stop
- Lobby and villas at Kidani
- Main Lobby area
- Stone Harbor Club Concierge Lounge
- Stormalong Bay Pool area
- Beaches and Cream
- Cape May Cafe
- Convention Center Hallways/Common Areas
- Resort Lobby
- Main Swimming Pool Area
- Concierge Lounges
- Bellevue Lounge
- Conference Center (including lobby and porte cochere)
- Outside on The Boardwalk
- Front Desk sitting area
- 14th Floor Concierge sitting area
- Outer Rim Bar
- 1st Floor Convention Center Lobby
- 2nd Floor Convention Center Lobby
- Feature Pool
- Chef Mickey's
- The Wave
- Contempo Cafe
- Bay Lake Tower - rooms, lobby and porte cochere
- Main Hotel Lobby
- Convention Center Lobby
- Feature Pool
- Francisco's Lounge
- Maya Grill
- Pepper market
- Food court
- Reception Outpost Internet Cafe
- Meadows Trading Post
- Crockett's Tavern
- 1st Floor Lobby including the Tea Room
- Convention Center
- Beach Pool
- 4th Floor Concierge sitting area
- Victoria & Albert's
- 1900 Park Fare
- Grand Floridian Cafe
- Gasparilla Grill & Games
- Turtle Shack
- Captain Cooks
- Kona Cafe
- Luaua Cove
- Turf Club
- High Rock Springs Pool
- Treehouse Villas
- Artist Point
- Roaring Forks
- Whispering Canyon Cafe
- Wilderness Lodge Villas
- Main Lobby (both resorts)
- Concierge sitting area (both resorts)
- Convention Center Lobby
- Stormalong Bay Pool
- Captain's Grille
- Yachtsman Steakhouse
Wi-Fi networks may be the fastest-growing segment of Wi-Fi service, as more and more travelers and mobile professionals look for fast and secure Internet access wherever they are while they travel. Wi-Fi networks soon will be found in urban areas providing coverage throughout cities, or they will even be available on major highways, enabling access anywhere you can pull over and stop the car.
Please note you only have true freedom to be connected anywhere if your computer is configured with a Wi-Fi CERTIFIED radio (a PC Card or similar device). Wi-Fi certification means that you will be able to connect anywhere there are other compatible Wi-Fi CERTIFIED products — whether you are at home, the office or corporate campus, or in airports, hotels, coffee shops and other public areas equipped with Wi-Fi access available.
Wi-Fi Service systems being used now in the
Boingo Wireless, Inc. is an ultra-high-speed wireless Internet service available in thousands of locations such as hotels, airports, cafes, and other public places, in dozens of countries throughout the world. Both directly and through major carrier and ISP partners, Boingo provides business travelers with a wireless broadband Internet connection to improve productivity while on the road. Through its Wi-Fi software and Roaming System, Boingo makes finding and connecting to Wi-Fi networks point-and-click simple and secure. More information about Boingo is available at www.boingo.com.
Trustive - Wireless Internet access provider (virtual WISP or VWISP) Wireless freedom For more info go to www.trustive.com/
Wayport is the one of the leading providers of high-speed wired and Wi-Fi (802.11b) wireless Internet access for travelers throughout an extensive network of hotels, airports, cafes, and other public places, in dozens of countries throughout the world. For more information on locations go to www.wayport.com/
T-Mobile Wireless Internet Access - T-Mobile Hot Spots Wireless Internet Access Service, Services T-Mobile HotSpot provides high-speed Wi-Fi wireless Internet access in convenient public locations. For locations go to www.t-mobile.com/hotspot/
hereUare Communications provides a suite of innovative services based on the internationally recognized IEEE 802.11 (Wi-Fi) standard and tailored to meet the unique requirements of the high-speed public wireless industry. www.hereuare.com/
STSN is one of the leading providers of secure wired and wireless broadband services to the hospitality industry. Every month, more than a quarter million business travelers rely on STSN to increase their productivity with secure, easy-to-use, high-speed connectivity options in more than 1,900 hotels and 265,000 guest rooms, including 5,000 hotel meeting rooms worldwide. www.stsn.com/hotel_locator.php
- Backstage Safari tour ends today; the new Backstage Tales tour will begin March 1 - The new tour will be offered daily.
- New menu items added at Raglan Road - These have been released just in time for St. Patrick's Day.
- Dates announced for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Tickets will go on sale in April.
- Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party dates announced; tickets on sale in April - Dates are available in September-November.
- Magic Kingdom resorts test direct bus to Typhoon Lagoon - As part of a test through March 28, Wilderness Lodge and the Contemporary will share a direct bus to Typhoon Lagoon. The Polynesian and the Grand Floridian will do the same.
- Disney World's Pirates of the Caribbean to be closed for the summer - The ride will be closed from 5/11 - 9/25/2015.
- Why taking kids would never ruin a Disney Vacation - In response to the article Why I Wouldn’t Ruin My Disney Vacation By Taking Kids.
- Raglan Road's Mighty Festival: St Patrick's Week to be held March 13-17 - Downtown Disney celebrates St. Patrick's Day with live music, classic Irish food and drinks, face painting and merchandise at Raglan Road's Shop.
- WonderGround Gallery expands at Marketplace Co-Op - In early March, the WonderGround Gallery will expand into the area occupied by Beautifully Disney makeup.
- New menu items available at Downtown Disney's Fantasy Fare food truck - The food trucks are all located in Exposition Park, between Bongo's Cuban Cafe and Starbucks.
- ESPN's Mike and Mike show celebrates 15th anniversary with live broadcast - The live show will take place March 6, 2015 at the Waterside Stage, Downtown Disney Marketplace from 6:00-10:00am.
- Easy ways to stay healthy at Disney
- The Other Hawaii (Part 1): How to See the Best of the Islands from a Cruise Ship
- Blog - Have you ever wondered? A peek into the Disney details
- Walt Disney World ticket prices increased - As expected, a Magic Kingdom ticket is now $105 per day.
- Seven Resorts In Seven Days Part 7: Disney's Old Key West Resort
- Seven Resorts In Seven Days Part 6: Disney's Boardwalk Inn Resort
- List of several new drinks planned for Epcot Flower & Garden Festival - This year's Festival will be held March 4-May 17, 2015.
- Seven Resorts In Seven Days Part 5: Disney's Yacht Club Resort
- Save up to 30% on a stay at Aulani - booking date extended! - Savings Include: 3-night stays: 10% off, 4-night stays: 20% off, or 5-or more night stays: 30% off
- Blog - Federal Court Dismisses Lawsuit Alleging "Frozen" is "My Life Story"
- Rumor: Walt Disney World ticket prices will increase February 22 - The no-expiration option may be discontinued and a Water Park-Hopper add-on may be introduced. Rumors are also that one-day Magic Kingdom tickets will increase to $105 and one-day tickets to the other theme parks will be priced at $99.
- Spirit of Aloha dinner show cancelled on 2/19/15 - Both the 5:15 and 8:15pm shows have been cancelled.
- Seven Resorts In Seven Days Part 4: Disney's Beach Club Resort
- List of sample menu items from this year's upcoming Flower and Garden Festival - This year's Festival will be held March 4-May 17, 2015.
- 2015 Star Wars Weekends info and artwork released - More info still to come.
- Typhoon Lagoon will be closed 2/18 and 2/19 - This is due to low temperatures in the area.
- Seven Disney Resorts In Seven Days Part 3: Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa
- Seven Disney Resorts In Seven Days Part 2: Disney's Polynesian Village Resort
- Pose with an Oscar statuette at Disney's Hollywood Studios - During regular park hours in the Magic of Disney Animation building, guests can walk the red carpet and pose in front of the Oscars backdrop.
- Big Thunder Mountain refurb moves to April - This was originally scheduled to take place March 4-7, but is now scheduled for April 27-30.
- Seven Disney Resorts In Seven Days Part 1: Disney's Wilderness Lodge Resort
- Blog - Charlotte Olympia Launches Disney's Cinderella Collection
- Blog - Why I Wouldn't Ruin My Disney Vacation By Taking Kids
- Blog - Downtown Disney Construction Update
- Typhoon Lagoon closed through 2/15/15 - This is due to projected low temperatures in the Orlando area.
- 8:15pm Spirit of Aloha dinner show cancelled on 2/13 and 2/14 - The show is being cancelled due to the expected low temperatures.
- Blog - Upcoming Dooney & Bourke Releases at Walt Disney World
- New operating hours for Typhoon Lagoon's Shark Reef - This area opens 2 hours after park opening and closes one hour before park closing or 5:00pm, whichever is first.
- Reservations to be accepted at Be Our Guest beginning Feb. 25 - Reservations will be available for lunch beginning February 25, both by phone and on MyDisneyExperience. If using MyDisneyExperience, you will have the option to pre-order your food and drinks.
- Typhoon Lagoon closed 2/5-2/6 for cold temps - Blizzard Beach is currently closed for its annual scheduled maintenance.
- Blog - Disney's Hollywood Studios Construction Update Part II
- What to Do When You Can't Get into Beaches and Cream
- The Business of Magic: 2015 Food Prices
- Trolley Car Cafe, Hollywood Studios' new Starbucks, to open February 3 - The Cafe is located on Hollywood Blvd in a space previously used as a retail store.
- July 2015 Walt Disney World Park Hours
- Blog - Discovering "The Bare Necessities" of Disney Life Between Disney Vacations
- February Merchandise Events and Artist Appearances/Signings - Disney artists regularly make appearances around the Walt Disney World Resort.
- Whispering Canyon Cafe breakfast moves to Artist Point for 2 days - The Whispering Canyon Cafe's breakfast will be served in Artist Point on 2/5/15 and 2/12/15 due to work in the hotel's lobby. The full breakfast menu, except for pancakes, will be available.
- Modified routes for the monorail in February and early March - Modified routes will take place February 3-5, 9-12, 23-26 and March 2-5 from 11am-7pm.
- 2015 Night of Joy entertainers announced - Night of Joy will be held at the Magic Kingdom on September 11 - 12, 2015.
- Blog - Do You Own the Space Above You in a Theme Park?
- Rumor: Walt Disney World ticket prices to increase in February - Rumors are that ticket prices will go up in mid-February. The no-expiration option may be discontinued and a Water Park-Hopper add-on may be introduced.
- Blog - INTERVIEW – Billy Magnussen: The 'Other Prince' in Into The Wood
- Running the Parks Part 3 - Disney Running Resources - In this post I discuss some of the resources I have found to be most useful when doing research for a Disney running vacation.
- Take a baby to a Disney theme park? Are you nuts?
- List of restaurants and retailers coming to The Landing at Disney Springs - The first phase of Disney Springs will open in Spring 2015.
- Annual Passholder mini golf discount drops to 15% - Previously the discount had been 50% off of miniature golf.
- Blog - Disney's Hollywood Studios Construction Update
- Splitsville to feature live bands on Saturday nights - Every Saturday, 9:00pm-12:30am, a live band will take the stage in the Bullet Bar for a free concert.
- Kali River Rapids begins 2-week rehab - The Animal Kingdom attraction will be closed through February 2.
- Blog - Disney & Starbucks Bring New Mug Collection to Stores
- Polynesian DVC Resort can soon be booked by general public - Beginning February 11, these can be booked by the general public when they are not in use by DVC members. The bungalows will have limited availability.
- Downtown Disney internal boats will not stop at Pleasure Island - They will only run between the Marketplace and West Side.
- Blog - Disney asks Court to Dismiss "Absurd" Frozen Copyright Lawsuit
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Backlot Express - Star Tours - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Backlot Express - Star Tours
- Dates announced for 2015 Epcot Food and Wine Festival - The Festival will be held September 25-November 16, 2015.
- Epcot Flower Power Concerts renamed "Garden Rocks Concert Series" - The Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival will be held March 4-May 17.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Stormalong Bay - Crescent Lake - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Stormalong Bay - Crescent Lake January 5, 2014 - Afternoon
- Happy 40th birthday to Space Mountain! - Along with Carousel of Progress, this Magic Kingdom attraction opened on January 15, 1975.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Hollywood Boulevard - Sorcerer Mickey Hat - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Hollywood Boulevard - Sorcerer Mickey Hat
- Blog - 1/14/15: Magic Kingdom Hub Construction Update
- SeaWorld lays off Clyde & Seamore mimes, among others
- Man sentenced to 5 years for Disney ticket scam
- Club 33 members upset about more changes to benefits
- Iger says future Star Wars attractions to be based on new films
- SeaWorld's CEO steps down
- Man sues SeaWorld for automatically renewing his annual pass
- Retirement date set for Disney's Meg Crofton
- Woman sues Disney, claiming disability after falling from carousel horse
- Hotel leadership changes at Walt Disney World
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer released