Disney's Animal Kingdom - Dinoland U.S.A.
|Animal Kingdom Attractions||Discovery Island|
|Africa||Rafiki's Planet Watch|
- Chester & Hester's Dino-Rama
- Finding Nemo - The Musical
- Primeval Whirl
Dinoland U.S.A. Overview
Dinoland U.S.A. is not only a trip back in time; itís a complete departure from what you find in the rest of the Animal Kingdom.
There's a new show, Finding Nemo - The Musical that is not to be missed. This show replaced "Tarzan Rocks." What either show has to do with dinosaurs will always be a mystery, but be sure to include Nemo in your itinerary. You'll be glad you did.
As you enter Dinoland, you go under a 50-foot tall skeleton of a Brachiosaurus that spans the ďOldenGate Bridge.Ē To your left is ďThe Boneyard.Ē This playground is a fun destination. With fossils waiting to be unearthed and creatures to climb; itís a great spot for kids to let off some steam. While here, look for the Xylobone to create a unique musical tune.
You canít miss Chester and Hesterís Dino-Rama. With lights flashing and bells ringing, this prehistoric midway is sure to get your attention. You can try your luck at the Fossil Fun games that have a decidedly dinosaur twist.
Think Dumbo as a dino, and youíll know whatís in store for you at the "Triceratop Spin." Designed to resemble a giant toy top, this ride spins around while you control the up and down movement of your "dinosaur."
The Primeval Whirl is a spinning, swirling roller coaster. You never know what direction youíre heading in as you travel itís twisting downhill path.
Be prepared for some intense action if youíre brave enough to try Dinosaur. Youíll first tour the Dino Institute with your host Bill Nye, the Science Guy. From here, you go on a mission to find and bring back the last iguanodon. Youíre strapped into your vehicle and sent on your way. Soon you find yourself careening on an out of control wild ride while dodging meteors and fearsome dinosaurs.
Guests who are pregnant or those with heart, neck or back problems should avoid this attraction.
If youíre hungry, Restaurantosaurus is located in Dinoland. For lunch and dinner, itís fast food fare with burgers, chicken salad, hot dogs and salads featured.
Click Here for a No-Obligation Disney Vacation Quote
from Dreams Unlimited Travel
- Inaugural Disney Fit Challenge to be held in September - Competitions will include tests of power, speed, balance, strength and endurance.
- Blog - A Shopping Oasis: Merchandise at Disney's Flower & Garden Festival
- Pollo Campero at Downtown Disney will be closing 3/19/14 - Pollo Campero, Bodie's All-American Grill and Babycakes NYC will be closing 3/19/14. Babycakes NYC will still be providing gluten-free items to select Walt Disney World food courts and restaurants.
- Blog - 2014 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival opens in Epcot
- Registration for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon opens today - This race is held in conjunction with the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Materializes in Disney Parks
- New dates for D23's Destination D - The event will be held November 22-23, 2014.
- 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon dates - Registration for the 2015 marathon begins 4/22/14.
- Blog - A Brit's Perspective - Changing of the Seasons at the Orlando theme parks
- Rebel Rendezvous merchandise event planned for Star Wars Weekends - Attendees will receive exclusive access to Darth's Mall a day before it opens to the public.
- Blog - A February Stroll through the Magic Kingdom
- Walt Disney World restaurants add Braille menus - Beginning March 1, select restaurants will be adding Braille menus, though a list of participating restaurants is not yet available. The Braille menus will have examples of the menu items but may not list all the short term or temporary items.
- Family Ticket offer - get one free day! - Get one FREE additional day on each ticket when you buy 6 or more 4-day or longer Magic Your Way tickets!
- Blog - Disney's Polynesian Resort is Changing in a Big Way
- Just announced! Festival of Fantasy parade will debut March 9! - This parade will run daily in the afternoons at the Magic Kingdom.
- Celebrate Earth Day at Disney's Animal Kingdom - The park is also celebrating the release of Disneynature's newest film Bears, which hits theaters April 18.
- Car Masters Weekend to be held at Downtown Disney - This event takes place June 14-15.
- Walt Disney World ticket prices increase - Ticket prices have gone up effective today, Sunday, February 23.
- Mighty St. Patrick's Day Festival planned for Downtown Disney - Downtown Disney celebrates St. Patrick's Day with live music, a step-by-step Irish jig workshop, classic Irish food and drink, Irish storytellers, Irish history and merchandise at Raglan Road's Shop.
- Star Wars Weekends - extra weekend added, plus Hyperspace Hoopla cancelled - A nightly fireworks show has been added instead of the Hyperspace Hoopla party.
- Major staff cuts at Disney Interactive
- Blackfish director denies receiving confidential information
- Hank Wiliams Jr. and Alabama to perform at SeaWorld
- Universal Orlando parking garage closed for suspicious vehicle
- SeaWorld calls for investigation of OSHA inspector
- Preview of food items for Wizarding World of Harry Potter expansion
- Disney announces theme parks will stay open for 24-hour party
- Magic Kingdom Hub Expansion Announced
- Disney Cruise Line takes top honors from Cruise Critic members
- Scotty McCreery and Steve Miller Band to perform at SeaWorld Orlando
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 1:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 10:00
8:00 - 8:00
10:00 - 5:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Hollywood Studios