Epcot World Showcase - United Kingdom
|Main Page||Future World||World Showcase|
|Map of Epcot||Italy||United Kingdom|
United Kingdom Pavilion
The United Kingdom pavilion is a bustling destination. Through the seamless blend of architecture that takes you from the streets of London to an English cottage, the essence of this nation is yours to enjoy. Cobble-stoned streets, a quaint pub, the scent of fish and chips in the air combine to make this an authentic “trip across the pond.”
The regal Hampton Court Palace is represented, as well as buildings reflecting the Tudor, Georgian, and Victorian influences that the United Kingdom is noted for. Prized among them is a thatched roof cottage, which is patterned after Anne Hathaway’s. While the more contemporary among you may associate the name with the star of Disney’s Princess Diaries films, Anne Hathaway is the wife of William Shakespeare. Her family home is considered the quintessential English cottage.
No detail is missed. There are soot-stained chimneys, a wonderful gazebo, beautiful gardens and perhaps the most photographed items in the World Showcase, replicas of UK phone booths. You can’t miss these bright red structures, nor will you be able to resist taking a picture of them.
Tucked in the back of the United Kingdom pavilion is the perfect spot for taking a quiet break. There’s a lovely English garden, topiaries and Tigger’s Maze. Children delight in working their way through this puzzle. A copper roofed gazebo is the showpiece of this section. You may find the loveable Winnie the Pooh and the perfectly proper Mary Poppins making appearances here. (Consult with Guest Services for character appearances.)
While there is no “attraction” at the United Kingdom, there is entertainment with a decidedly British flair. The World Showcase Players are an improvisation group who engage visitors in their hilarious skits. "The British Revolution” performs songs from British groups such as The Dave Clark Five, The Beatles, Led Zeppelin and The Who. When you visit the Pub, prepare to engage in a rousing sing-a-long led by the piano player. (Performance dates/times vary. Consult the daily schedule.)
You can head to the Yorkshire County Fish Shop (menu) booth and enjoy your meal at a table overlooking the World Showcase lagoon. If you’d like, you can get a yard of ale at the beverage stand located outside the Rose and Crown as the perfect accompaniment to your snack.
Traditional pub fare is found at the "Rose and Crown Dining Room". Guests can feast on such specialties as cottage pie, Fish & Chips, Bangers & Mash. Finish off the meal with a delicious English trifle. A variety of beers and ales are offered in this charming little pub with the wooden flooring and pressed tin ceiling. Entertainment focuses on music - guests are encouraged to sing along and make song requests. The pub is located on the shore of the World Showcase lagoon.
TIP: This is a great place from which to view Illuminations.
DIS Unplugged Web Radio Show Podcast
Listen as Julie Martin takes you on a shopping tour of the UK shops
Discuss | Blog | RSS Feed | Add to iTunes | Podcast Main
The shops feature the treasures of various regions of the United Kingdom. In “The Toy Soldier", medieval castle playsets, swords & shields, real feather quills, and UK themed childrens' books and movies are found. This store is also the Kidcot Fun Stop for the United Kingdom. "The Crown and Crest" is the place to find your beer stein, glass or mug with the crest of your favorite UK country. They also offer Rose & Crown t-shirts and hats along with a great selection of Beatles merchandise. An array of swords, daggers, and knives are on display near the room of Family Crests. In this section of the shop have your Family crest placed on a ring or plaque; or, have it embroidered and framed. "Fancy Goods for Lords and Ladies" offers perfume, cologne, jewelry, and body care to fit all budgets. The brands available include Kit Heath Celtic jewelry, Asprey of London frangrances, and Feel Good Formulas Body Care.
Belleck Fine Parian China (made in Ireland) is sold in "The Queen's Table". This shop also carries native music and books from Scotland, Ireland and Wales. Scottish or Welsh tartans and ties are found here, as well as, bagpipes and the Welsh "Love Spoon." "The Sportsmans' Shop " offers all things rugby and soccer including, clothing, balls, hats, and books. Tea lovers will not want to miss the selection of bagged and loose teas, teapots, biscuits and candy found in "The Tea Caddy".
- Blog - A Shopping Oasis: Merchandise at Disney's Flower & Garden Festival
- Pollo Campero at Downtown Disney will be closing 3/19/14 - Pollo Campero, Bodie's All-American Grill and Babycakes NYC will be closing 3/19/14. Babycakes NYC will still be providing gluten-free items to select Walt Disney World food courts and restaurants.
- Blog - 2014 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival opens in Epcot
- Registration for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon opens today - This race is held in conjunction with the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Materializes in Disney Parks
- New dates for D23's Destination D - The event will be held November 22-23, 2014.
- 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon dates - Registration for the 2015 marathon begins 4/22/14.
- Blog - A Brit's Perspective - Changing of the Seasons at the Orlando theme parks
- Rebel Rendezvous merchandise event planned for Star Wars Weekends - Attendees will receive exclusive access to Darth's Mall a day before it opens to the public.
- Blog - A February Stroll through the Magic Kingdom
- Walt Disney World restaurants add Braille menus - Beginning March 1, select restaurants will be adding Braille menus, though a list of participating restaurants is not yet available. The Braille menus will have examples of the menu items but may not list all the short term or temporary items.
- Family Ticket offer - get one free day! - Get one FREE additional day on each ticket when you buy 6 or more 4-day or longer Magic Your Way tickets!
- Blog - Disney's Polynesian Resort is Changing in a Big Way
- Just announced! Festival of Fantasy parade will debut March 9! - This parade will run daily in the afternoons at the Magic Kingdom.
- Celebrate Earth Day at Disney's Animal Kingdom - The park is also celebrating the release of Disneynature's newest film Bears, which hits theaters April 18.
- Car Masters Weekend to be held at Downtown Disney - This event takes place June 14-15.
- Walt Disney World ticket prices increase - Ticket prices have gone up effective today, Sunday, February 23.
- Mighty St. Patrick's Day Festival planned for Downtown Disney - Downtown Disney celebrates St. Patrick's Day with live music, a step-by-step Irish jig workshop, classic Irish food and drink, Irish storytellers, Irish history and merchandise at Raglan Road's Shop.
- Star Wars Weekends - extra weekend added, plus Hyperspace Hoopla cancelled - A nightly fireworks show has been added instead of the Hyperspace Hoopla party.
- Major staff cuts at Disney Interactive
- Blackfish director denies receiving confidential information
- Hank Wiliams Jr. and Alabama to perform at SeaWorld
- Universal Orlando parking garage closed for suspicious vehicle
- SeaWorld calls for investigation of OSHA inspector
- Preview of food items for Wizarding World of Harry Potter expansion
- Disney announces theme parks will stay open for 24-hour party
- Magic Kingdom Hub Expansion Announced
- Disney Cruise Line takes top honors from Cruise Critic members
- Scotty McCreery and Steve Miller Band to perform at SeaWorld Orlando
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 1:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 7:00
9:00 - 8:00
10:00 - 5:00
Extra Magic Hour Evening: Epcot FW