Magic Kingdom - Jungle Cruise
|Enchanted Tiki Room||Swiss Family Treehouse|
|Jungle Cruise||Shows and Events|
|The Magic Carpets of Aladdin||Restaurants and Shopping|
|Pirates of the Caribbean|
Ride length: 9 minutes, 5 seconds
The Jungle Cruise at the Magic Kingdom takes you on a 10 minute tour of four continents. The early version of the Jungle Cruise was done without jokes and was based on Disney's True Life Adventure Series. More than likely, it wasn't very popular since this ride is now one of the funniest at Disney World.
You'll board a boat with names like "Amazon Annie" with your trusted guide at the helm. While they all follow the same "shtick", the guides are what make this attraction so much fun, especially if they throw in a few ad-libs. Even when you've heard the same corny joke a thousand times before, you can't help but laugh.
You'll pass through hippo infested waters, but don't worry, they'll only attack if their ears are wiggling (which they always are.) On the shore there's a rhino keeping the hunters "busy," lions lounging on a rock outcropping, headhunters, zebras, snakes and giant butterflies all amidst a tropical landscape that any jungle would be proud of.
If you manage to stay dry by the waterfall, watch out for the elephants. Will they douse you or are you safe? You'll only find out the secret once you've completed the Jungle Cruise.
Take a close look at the airplane that's in one of the scenes. If you're wondering where the other half went, look no further than the Casablanca scene in the Great Movie Ride over at Disney's Hollywood Studios.
Eventually, you'll pass through a darkened Cambodian temple where tigers are watching over ancient treasures. Once you emerge from this tunnel, you head back to civilization.
Fastpass: Yes. If it's a hot day, you'll want to use this option. This attraction is outdoors and the queue, while covered, can get very uncomfortable.
Handicapped Accessibility: The Jungle Cruise boats are relatively quick loading. Guests in wheelchairs or ECVs can remain in them. Sign Language interpreters
for the deaf are available on special days. For more info,
call the Sign Language Services Co-ordinator at (407)824-5217.
Fun Fact: Walt Disney originally wanted live animals to be a part of the Disney Jungle Cruise attraction. Once he realized that he couldn't control their movements, audio-animatronics were used.
- TSWJan78 - "The jokes may be corny and it is not Animal Kingdom but this was one of my favorite rides when I was a kid as it is innocent but fun. It is good for all ages and families can ride together. It is a must do each trip for us"
- oakmanner - "A must do on every trip to WDW. Depending on who you get for a Jungle Skipper will directly impact your ride experience. Many skippers really get into their role. Others not so much."
More Jungle Cruise Reviews
- Inaugural Disney Fit Challenge to be held in September - Competitions will include tests of power, speed, balance, strength and endurance.
- Blog - A Shopping Oasis: Merchandise at Disney's Flower & Garden Festival
- Pollo Campero at Downtown Disney will be closing 3/19/14 - Pollo Campero, Bodie's All-American Grill and Babycakes NYC will be closing 3/19/14. Babycakes NYC will still be providing gluten-free items to select Walt Disney World food courts and restaurants.
- Blog - 2014 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival opens in Epcot
- Registration for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon opens today - This race is held in conjunction with the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Materializes in Disney Parks
- New dates for D23's Destination D - The event will be held November 22-23, 2014.
- 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon dates - Registration for the 2015 marathon begins 4/22/14.
- Blog - A Brit's Perspective - Changing of the Seasons at the Orlando theme parks
- Rebel Rendezvous merchandise event planned for Star Wars Weekends - Attendees will receive exclusive access to Darth's Mall a day before it opens to the public.
- Blog - A February Stroll through the Magic Kingdom
- Walt Disney World restaurants add Braille menus - Beginning March 1, select restaurants will be adding Braille menus, though a list of participating restaurants is not yet available. The Braille menus will have examples of the menu items but may not list all the short term or temporary items.
- Family Ticket offer - get one free day! - Get one FREE additional day on each ticket when you buy 6 or more 4-day or longer Magic Your Way tickets!
- Blog - Disney's Polynesian Resort is Changing in a Big Way
- Just announced! Festival of Fantasy parade will debut March 9! - This parade will run daily in the afternoons at the Magic Kingdom.
- Celebrate Earth Day at Disney's Animal Kingdom - The park is also celebrating the release of Disneynature's newest film Bears, which hits theaters April 18.
- Car Masters Weekend to be held at Downtown Disney - This event takes place June 14-15.
- Walt Disney World ticket prices increase - Ticket prices have gone up effective today, Sunday, February 23.
- Mighty St. Patrick's Day Festival planned for Downtown Disney - Downtown Disney celebrates St. Patrick's Day with live music, a step-by-step Irish jig workshop, classic Irish food and drink, Irish storytellers, Irish history and merchandise at Raglan Road's Shop.
- Star Wars Weekends - extra weekend added, plus Hyperspace Hoopla cancelled - A nightly fireworks show has been added instead of the Hyperspace Hoopla party.
- Major staff cuts at Disney Interactive
- Blackfish director denies receiving confidential information
- Hank Wiliams Jr. and Alabama to perform at SeaWorld
- Universal Orlando parking garage closed for suspicious vehicle
- SeaWorld calls for investigation of OSHA inspector
- Preview of food items for Wizarding World of Harry Potter expansion
- Disney announces theme parks will stay open for 24-hour party
- Magic Kingdom Hub Expansion Announced
- Disney Cruise Line takes top honors from Cruise Critic members
- Scotty McCreery and Steve Miller Band to perform at SeaWorld Orlando
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 1:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 10:00
8:00 - 8:00
10:00 - 5:00
10:00 - 5:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Animal Kingdom
Extra Magic Hour Evening: Magic Kingdom