The Lunar New Year Celebration at Disney California Adventure will be here in just over two weeks and details are slowly being released, including some new entertainment offerings and a look at this year’s expanded Marketplaces.
The annual celebration will take place January 25 through February 17th in the Paradise Gardens Park area of California Adventure and includes entertainment, characters, crafts, and food.
The Lunar New Year Marketplaces are expanding this year with the addition of a fourth booth. The themes are also changing from highlighting a particular cuisine, to names that can include the foods of several cultures. The menus are almost entirely new!
- Lucky 8 Lantern -” Celebrate the Year of the Pig with delicious libations and a savory selection of Asian dishes.”
- Crispy Shrimp Fried Rice with Garlic, Bacon and Edamame
- Stir-fried Vegetables & Pineapple with Soy Protein, Steamed Rice and Crunchy Chow Mein Noodles
- Mandarin Orange-Green Tea Tart
- Vietnamese Iced Coffee
- Prosperity Bao & Buns – “Raise a glass and toast to a prosperous new year with tantalizing bao and bun-wrapped meals along with a tasty dessert and a specialty cocktail.”
- Char Siu Pork Bao, Chinese BBQ Pork with Pickled Red Onions and Jalapeño
- Mickey Chinese Hot Dog Bun
- Mango-Pineapple Pastry
- Winter Plum Blossom Gin Mule
- Longevity Noodle Co. – “Ring in a brand new year with mouth-watering noodle dishes, a delectable dessert and refreshing drink.”
- Pan-fried Wheat Noodles with Chicken Meatballs, Cabbage Salad with Apple-Ginger Sauce
- Vegetable Egg Roll and Chilled Sesame-Garlic Noodles with Cilantro-Cashew Sauce and Toasted Peanuts
- Egg Tart
- Orchid Spritz
- Red Dragon Spice Traders – “Add a touch of spice to your new year with a tantalizing selection of Asian fare along with a cool drink and a sweet treat.”
- Firecracker Three Cup Chicken with Steamed Rice
- Steamed Short Rib Shumai with Spicy Korean Sauce, Sriacha-Mayonnaise and Cucumber Salad
- Purple Yam Macaron with Crème Fraiche
- Raspberry Lychee Chia Tea
Paradise Garden Grill will again celebrate Lunar New Year with an Asian-inspired menu.
Also new this year is the addition of the Sip and Savor Pass, which allows guests 6 items (food or non-alcoholic beverages) for just $39. The pass is popular during Festival of Holidays and the Food & Wine Festival.
Although the Year of the Dog is transitioning to the Year of the Pig, Goofy will remain a part of Mulan’s Lunar New Year Procession, along with Chip ‘n Dale and Mushu. They are, of course, joined this year by the Three Little Pigs!
Unfortunately, with World of Color still being refurbished, the Hurry Home pre-show is not on the schedule.
On the Paradise Gardens Stage guitarist Dat Nguyen will return to the celebration. New this year, Melody of China will perform Chinese classical, folk and contemporary music using traditional instruments.
The Lucky Wishing Wall is back in the Paradise Gardens area, along with a meet and greet featuring Mulan, Mushu, Pluto, Mickey, and Minnie in their Lunar New Year attire.
Again this year, special merchandise will be flown in from Shanghai Disney Resort, including the traditional red envelopes, Minnie Mouse ear headbands, and lantern glow wands.
More details, including full menus and pricing should be released soon!