The day so many Disney and AVATAR fans have been waiting for has finally arrived; Pandora – The World of AVATAR is now open to all guests!
It’s no surprise that Twitter was buzzing by 7:00 a.m. Eastern today with reports and photos of the insane number of guests waiting to enter the highly-anticipated moon of Pandora. By around 7:45 a.m., the crowd of people in line extended all the way to the entrance of Disney’s Animal Kingdom and it was reported by several tweeters that the land had been temporarily closed for capacity.
To help keep guests informed, Cast Members brought out a sign that read, “Due to high demand, Pandora is accepting only a limited number of travelers.” Also, a notification has come through on My Disney Experience to keep guests informed.
Here is a look at the wait times for both Na’vi River Journey and AVATAR Flight of Passage from My Disney Experience by 9:30 a.m. Eastern. (Note: By 10:20 a.m., Na’vi River Journey’s wait time was at 200 minutes!)
Both attractions have tremendously long queues, but they are absolutely gorgeous and moving slowly through them will give guests plenty of time to take photos without feeling rushed to do so.
Are you there for opening day? Let us know in the comments how your experience has been!
To learn more about Pandora – The World of Avatar, visit the posts below:
- Prepare for Your Visit to Pandora – The World of Avatar by Learning to Speak Na’vi
- Integrating Plants and Animals into Pandora – The World of AVATAR
- Introducing a New Breakfast Menu for Satu’li Canteen at Pandora – The World of AVATAR
- Disney Combines Animal Conservation and Pandora with the Interactive ‘Connect to Protect’
- The Scoop on Flight of Passage for Guests Who Are of a Certain Size