Valentine’s Day is quickly approaching, and we want to help you plan the best holiday at Walt Disney World. There are plenty of ways to celebrate in and around Disney with the classics like flowers, chocolates, and fun dates. Here is our official tips & tricks list!
Looking for Flowers?
Buying flowers for your partner is a Valentine’s Day staple. There are ways to get arrangements at Walt Disney World, but there are many talented local florists.
Disney Floral & Gifts is an excellent option for those who want everything to come from property. They do Disney-themed floral arrangements and gifts, celebratory baskets immersed with a few favorite Disney characters, and whimsical balloon bouquets. The other two florists listed are local and offer deliveries to the resorts. They each have dedicated pages for couples staying at Walt Disney World, making the ordering process easy and seamless.
In Need of a Sweet Treat?
I love Valentine’s Day for one thing and one thing only, chocolate-covered strawberries. Heart-shaped sweets are a classic way to celebrate, and they are delicious. That alone deserves some bonus points. The parks and resorts typically have holiday-specific treats. If you are looking for more unique snacks, I suggest heading to The Ganchery and Amorette’s Patisserie. Here they make gorgeous and delicate desserts that will surely make your heart flutter.
Disney Springs Date Night
At Disney Springs, several restaurants participate in the celebration by having special dinner menus. Having dinner at one of these restaurants would be a great part of a date night while visiting this shopping district that comes to life at night. Be sure to stop and see some of the live music offerings throughout your time there.
Jaleo at Disney Springs
On Valentine’s Day, Jaleo at Disney Springs will offer a special Valentine’s Day menu featuring a variety of Spanish tapas and desserts to share.
- Tartelleta de coliflor y caviar ($18)
- Tartelette of cauliflower purée and Royal Ossetra Caviar
- Cono de higado de pato con membrillo ($8 each)
- Foie gras and quince paste cone
- Carpaccio de Vieras con frambuesas y pétalos de rosa ($28)
- Scallop carpaccio with raspberries and rose petals
- Lubina a la pobre ($38)
- Branzino with sliced potatoes and onions
- Chuletón a la parrilla ($158)
- 32 oz. Josper grilled ribeye served with confit piquillo peppers 158.
- Sorbete de fresa y Cava con espuma de chocolate blanco ($16) – Strawberry Cava sorbet with white chocolate foam
- Sopa de frutos rojos ($15) – Cold berry soup with olive oil yogurt ice cream
Morimoto Asia at Disney Springs
The pan-Asian destination by Iron Chef Masaharu Morimoto is offering a special menu on Feb. 14, Valentine’s Day, only:
- 5 spice candied Ice fish “SHIRAUO AMEDAKI” ($18) – Japanese ice fish, five spice powder, Tobanjan, and Ginger
- Whole lobster lo mein noodle XO sauce ($50) – Whole lobster, lo mein noodle, Bok choy, and Seafood XO sauce
- Red Miso Glazed Faroe Island Salmon ($39) – Bok choy, Shaoxing gastrique, grilled rice cake, and Morimoto duck broth
The Edison at Disney Springs
This nostalgic 20’s eatery with live entertainment nightly is offering a special menu on Feb. 14, Valentine’s Day, only:
- Butter-poached lobster linguine ($42) – Sauteed broccolini, blistered, Maine lobster, pistachio cream sauce
- Chocolate-covered bacon ($22)
Maria & Enzo’s and Enzo’s Hideaway at Disney Springs
The Italian restaurant and neighboring speakeasy-inspired restaurant will offer a few specialty menu items on Feb. 14, only:
- Arancini al Tartufo ($19) – Black truffle risotto, fior di latte mozzarella, parmigiano crema
- Short Rib Lasagna ($36) – Fresh egg pasta, red wine braised short rib, besciamella, ricotta, fior di latte mozzarella, parmigiano, stracchino, extra virgin olive oil
- Torta di Pane al Cioccolato ($16) – Brioche, dark chocolate custard, fresh raspberries
Relaxing & Fun Activities
It wouldn’t be Valentine’s Day without having a date planned, whether it’s something romantic, adventurous, or relaxing.
Couples looking for a relaxing and romantic date could plan a spa day, rent a boat or stroll around Celebration, Florida, which is only minutes away from Disney. There are several spas located on property that offer exceptional services. Unfortunately, most of them have not reopened, so only two places are available for calming massage.
Spas at Disney World – Currently Available
- The Grand Floridian Spa
- Mandara Spa
Where You Can Rent a Boat
- Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Disney’s Beach Club Resort
- Disney’s Beach Club Villas
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
- The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Here’s what you need to know before renting out one of the boats from a marina.
Whether you have a need for speed or crave a relaxing excursion, we’ve got a boat just right for you. Cast off with your crew—enjoying theme park views and natural surroundings as you cruise our scenic lakes, lagoons and inlets.
- Sun Tracker® Pontoon boats – seats up to 10 Guests; $45 per half-hour
Smooth and spacious, the perfect choice for larger parties. Drivers must be at least 18 years of age. Maximum weight: 1,900 pounds.
Disney World Website
- Reservations are not required.
- Rentals are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Guests must be 18 years of age or over and will need to present a valid driver’s license, state-issued ID or Military ID to rent a boat.
- Onboard smoking is not permitted.
- Complimentary life jackets must be worn for all Guests under 12.
- During peak times of the year, only Resort hotel Guests or Guests with dining or recreation reservations may be allowed to enter the Resort hotel area to park.
Things to do in Celebration Florida
Celebration Florida is one of my favorite places to visit. It’s a beautiful town filled with charm and a lot of nature. If you are visiting on a Sunday, be sure to check out the farmers market that takes place on Market Street.
- Take a walk around Lake Rianhard
- Grab Ice Cream or Chocolates at Kilwins
- Enjoy Breakfast or Brunch at the Downtown Diner
- Have a casual lunch at Avocado Mexican Grill
If you are looking for a more adventurous type of date, head on over to Disney’s Fort Wilderness and go horseback riding. This experience costs $55 per person and lasts for 45 minutes. According to Disney, this trail ride is perfect for beginner and intermediate riders. Horses will keep a steady walking pace as we explore the natural beauty surrounding Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground.
Have you ever visited Walt Disney World on Valentine’s Day? If so, did you have anything special planned to celebrate the holiday?
Hi, I'm Erica, and I write about all things Disney. Before working for The DIS, I was a theme park performer at SeaWorld, but I also performed at Disney. I have such an immense love for theme parks to the point I studied them in college.