Planning Disney with Kids
Babysitting Services -
Kid’s Nite Out Caregivers can provide one-on-one in-room
childcare in the comfort of your Walt Disney World Resort
room or can just hang out with your family if you need
a father’s/mother’s helper.
Birthday Parties If you’re looking for a special way to celebrate your child’s birthday, you have a number of options to choose from at Disney World.
Child Activity Centers - Children’s Activity Centers are designed especially for kids who are potty trained and between 4 and 12 years of age. Your child will enjoy games and activities while you enjoy some Disney grown-up fun!
Height Requirements Calculator - The database
will generate a list of nearly all the attractions that
will have restrictions for your child.
Touring the Magic Kingdom with Small Children We made an extensive survey of wait times at the Magic Kingdom during the recent holidays. We have analyzed the wait-time results and have developed a touring strategy for seeing the most possible with the least amount of time spent waiting in lines.
Oh, Baby! Taking Your Little One to Disney The first thing new parents do when they meet their beautiful new baby is count all the impossibly tiny fingers and toes…and then plan a trip to Disney, of course. Well, maybe that isn't exactly how it goes, but chances are at some point as a parent, the urge hits to take your kids to a Disney park and watch them experience the magic for the first time. The question becomes: When? How young is too young?
- My Disney Girl’s Perfectly Princess Tea Party
- Once Upon A Time Breakfast with Cinderella
- The Princess Storybook Breakfast
- Cinderella’s Gala Feast
- Wonderland Tea Party
Character Dining - The "Princess Storybook Breakfast" with Disney princesses and friends, “Once Upon A Time” at Magic Kingdom Park, Cinderella’s Gala Feast at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa and more.
Pirate Cruise Any child who has ever dreamed of being part of a pirate adventure will enjoy this recent venture by the Grand Floridian Recreation team.
Following the popularity of Downtown Disney's Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, a second salon has opened in Cinderella's Castle. This salon caters to children ages 3 and up (with no maximum age limit.)
- COACH: Hair style and shimmering makeup - $53.20 with tax
- CROWN: Hair style, shimmering makeup and nails - $58.53 with tax
- CASTLE: Hair style, shimmering makeup and nails plus full Princess costume with accessories and photo package (one 6x8 and four 4x6 pix) - starts at $202.30 with tax
- COOL DUDE: Hair style, colored gels and a Mickey stencil - $7.50 (w/o tax)
The hairstyle choices are Disney Diva, Fairytale Princess or Pop Princess. All packages include a sash.
For the "prince" the Cool Dude look includes hair gel with confetti.
The Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique has 11 chairs and is open from 8:00am till 7:00pm. (Hours may vary should a special event be scheduled.)
Since the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique is located in the Magic Kingdom, theme park admission is required.
SECRET STAR MAKEOVER (HANNAH MONTANA) PACKAGE ONLY AT DOWNTOWN DISNEY BOUTIQUE
Reservations can be made by calling 407-WDW-STYLE or by contacting your Dreams Unlimited Travel Specialist.
Have you ever wanted to be a pirate? Well, now you've got the opportunity! In the Magic Kingdom next to the Pirates of the Caribbean ride, a new adventure is available for fulfilling your pirate dreams. In just about an hour, you can transform yourself into a pirate (or empress) complete with a new pirate name and a bag of pirate booty.
There are 2 packages available - each includes a sword and sheath, earring and eye patch, tattoo, pirate coin necklace, choice of 5 "facial effects," a reversible bandana, and a personalized pirate oath!
The First Mate Package at $29.95 plus tax also includes:
- Choice of 5 "Facial Effects"
- Fake Teeth
Empress Package at $29.95 plus tax also includes:
- Shimmering Makeup Makeover
- Face Gem
- Nail Polish
Additional pirate costumes for this package are available for purchase at The Pirates League. If you have the portrait photo taken at the Pirates League and purchased through the League you can have the photo added to a Photopass card. You can also have them added to a Photopass card at Exposition Hall or online. If you didn't purchase the photo at the Pirates League, you can't have the photo added to the Photopass card.
Reservations can be made by calling 407-WDW-CREW. Theme park admission is required. This is open 7 days a week from 9 am- 4 pm. Ages 3 and up (adults welcome too).
- Inaugural Disney Fit Challenge to be held in September - Competitions will include tests of power, speed, balance, strength and endurance.
- Blog - A Shopping Oasis: Merchandise at Disney's Flower & Garden Festival
- Pollo Campero at Downtown Disney will be closing 3/19/14 - Pollo Campero, Bodie's All-American Grill and Babycakes NYC will be closing 3/19/14. Babycakes NYC will still be providing gluten-free items to select Walt Disney World food courts and restaurants.
- Blog - 2014 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival opens in Epcot
- Registration for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon opens today - This race is held in conjunction with the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Materializes in Disney Parks
- New dates for D23's Destination D - The event will be held November 22-23, 2014.
- 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon dates - Registration for the 2015 marathon begins 4/22/14.
- Blog - A Brit's Perspective - Changing of the Seasons at the Orlando theme parks
- Rebel Rendezvous merchandise event planned for Star Wars Weekends - Attendees will receive exclusive access to Darth's Mall a day before it opens to the public.
- Blog - A February Stroll through the Magic Kingdom
- Walt Disney World restaurants add Braille menus - Beginning March 1, select restaurants will be adding Braille menus, though a list of participating restaurants is not yet available. The Braille menus will have examples of the menu items but may not list all the short term or temporary items.
- Family Ticket offer - get one free day! - Get one FREE additional day on each ticket when you buy 6 or more 4-day or longer Magic Your Way tickets!
- Blog - Disney's Polynesian Resort is Changing in a Big Way
- Just announced! Festival of Fantasy parade will debut March 9! - This parade will run daily in the afternoons at the Magic Kingdom.
- Celebrate Earth Day at Disney's Animal Kingdom - The park is also celebrating the release of Disneynature's newest film Bears, which hits theaters April 18.
- Car Masters Weekend to be held at Downtown Disney - This event takes place June 14-15.
- Walt Disney World ticket prices increase - Ticket prices have gone up effective today, Sunday, February 23.
- Mighty St. Patrick's Day Festival planned for Downtown Disney - Downtown Disney celebrates St. Patrick's Day with live music, a step-by-step Irish jig workshop, classic Irish food and drink, Irish storytellers, Irish history and merchandise at Raglan Road's Shop.
- Star Wars Weekends - extra weekend added, plus Hyperspace Hoopla cancelled - A nightly fireworks show has been added instead of the Hyperspace Hoopla party.
- Major staff cuts at Disney Interactive
- Blackfish director denies receiving confidential information
- Hank Wiliams Jr. and Alabama to perform at SeaWorld
- Universal Orlando parking garage closed for suspicious vehicle
- SeaWorld calls for investigation of OSHA inspector
- Preview of food items for Wizarding World of Harry Potter expansion
- Disney announces theme parks will stay open for 24-hour party
- Magic Kingdom Hub Expansion Announced
- Disney Cruise Line takes top honors from Cruise Critic members
- Scotty McCreery and Steve Miller Band to perform at SeaWorld Orlando