Disney Discounts for Military
- Orlando Hotels
- Disney Cruise Discounts for Military
- Military - Room Only Discounts
- Shades of Green - A Military Resort on Disney Property
- Walt Disney World Discounts for Military
- Ticket Discounts for Military
The DIS Unplugged is a weekly trip planning podcast with unbiased advice on getting the most from your next Disney vacation. Each week our team of Disney experts tells you what's new, what's good, and what's not-so-good in the world of Disney. New shows are released every Tuesday and can be found at disunplugged.com!
Military Vacations at Disney— March 19th, 2013
In this episode, Shaun Thompson and William Rubenstein discuss tips and discounts for military families taking vacations to Walt Disney World.
From $89 per night!! **The shuttle is now $4.00 per person, round trip**
When you stay at Buena Vista Suites you also get two room suites with complimentary full American breakfast buffet and complimentary scheduled shuttle to Walt Disney World Theme Parks and an evening shuttle to Downtown Disney.
Book Online or call 800-537-7737 with rate code DREAMSRES
Walt Disney World Swan & Dolphin
Rates as low as $149!
The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of Walt Disney World. These award winning resorts are located between Epcot and Disney's Hollywood Studios with Disney's Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom theme parks close by.
*Discount for Teacher / Education Support Staff, US Government Employee/Military and Nurses. Based on hotel availability and not all dates are available. Other great discounts offered to Annual Passholders, AAA/AARP and Entertainment Book members.
Sheraton Vistana Villages
1-Bedroom Villa from $99*!
Completely furnished and fully equipped, your villa at Sheraton Vistana Villages provides a welcome retreat with all the conveniences of home. Free Wi-Fi
Call 1-888-847-8262 and mention Rate Code "DMNHK" *Does not include daily housekeeping, however, it may be purchased at the front desk for a nominal fee. Based on hotel availability and not all dates are available for these rates.
Request a no obligation price quote from Dreams Unlimited Travel today!!
|3 Night Cruise||
|11/28/2014||Category 5A||$160 per person/ per night|
|4 Night Cruise|
|11/3/2014||Category 9C||Please check with your Travel Agent for pricing and availability|
|11/10/2014||Category 5A||$115 per person/ per night|
|11/17/2014||Category 5A||$115 per person/ per night|
|12/1/2014||Category 5A||$115 per person/ per night|
|12/8/2014||Category 5A||$115 per person/ per night|
|No discounts this week|
|11/9/2014||Please check with your Travel Agent for pricing and availability|
|11/14/2014||Category 11B||$100 per person/ per night|
|11/23/2014||Category 9C||$165 per person/ per night|
|11/28/2014||Category 11B||$90 per person/ per night|
|12/7/2014||Category 11B||$90 per person/ per night|
|12/12/2014||Category 11B||$90 per person/ per night|
|7 Night Western Caribbean Cruise (Port Canaveral)|
|11/30/2014||Category 11A||$90 per person/ per night|
|12/14/2014||Category 11B||$90 per person/ per night|
|7 Night Eastern Caribbean Port Canaveral|
|12/6/2014||Please check with your Travel Agent for pricing and availability|
|12/13/2014||Please check with your Travel Agent for pricing and availability|
All rates above are valid for category 11 staterooms and are applicable to the first two occupants of the stateroom. Single travelers will be subject to an additional pro-rated charge. *Other stateroom categories may be available at other rates. Children's rates are also available for Guests ages 3-12 traveling with 2 adults in the same stateroom. Government Taxes and Fees and excursions are not included. A valid Military ID is required and must be presented at check-in. Subject to availability. NOTE: These discounts can end without notice. Request a no obligation price quote from Dreams Unlimited Travel. *- based on Double occupancy
Please also check the other Disney Cruise Line discount offers for reduced rates available to the general public.
Disneyland Discounts for Military Personnel – This discount is for room only reservations at the Disneyland Resort. Availability is limited. We recommend that you book early if you qualify for this discount. The discount is offered to all active and retired military and Disneyland will require a valid Military ID at check-in to receive the discount.
Save on hotels and tickets!
Disneyland offers special discounts of up to 40% on select Disneyland Resort hotels to active and retired U.S. military personnel.
Disneyland also offers $129 3-Day Park Hoppers (limit 6) for active and retired U.S. military personnel or their spouse.
The current offer has been extended through September 25, 2014.
Call (714) 956-6425 or contact a participating U.S. military base office to take advantage of these offers.
Beginning August 25th, the price increases to $132, with the offer extended through October 3, 2015.
2015 Military Ticket Discount
- 4-day Magic Your Way ticket with Park Hopper option = $177 each (plus tax)
- 4 day Magic Your Way tickets with Park Hopper and Water Parks Fun and More options = $207 each (plus tax)
- All parks: 12/22/14 - 1/2/15 and 3/29/15 - 4/9/15
Terms and Conditions
These tickets must be purchased from 8/25/14 - 9/30/15 and must be used 9/28/14 - 10/3/15, with the exception of the blackout dates listed above. If tickets are purchased at Shades of Green resort or your local base ticket office, there is no tax applied. Tickets are not valid until activated by the Eligible Services Members (or their spouses) at Walt Disney World theme park ticket windows.
Eligible member or spouse (but not both) may purchase up to 6 tickets, provided one is used by the purchasing member/spouse. Proper military identification is required.
Tickets are available to active and retired U.S. military personnel (including active and retired members of the United States Coast Guard, National Guard and Reservists) or their spouses.
Magic Your Way Stars and Stripes Pass
Active Military personnel with proper ID (includes active U.S. Coast Guard and activated members of the National Guard or Reservists) are eligible to receive Disney Ticket discounts. Military personnel can also purchase Disney tickets for up to 5 members of their family. Guests in the Military can purchase these tickets at "Shades of Green." YOU MUST PRESENT VALID ID IN ORDER TO RECEIVE THESE PASSES. Your Military discounted passes can be picked up at the Made in the Shade store located at Shades of Green.
When tickets are purchased with a military ID at Shades of Green, there is no tax charged.
The Magic Your Way Stars and Stripes Ticket includes admission for the specified days to the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney's Hollywood Studios, Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park, Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Disney Quest and Wide World of Sports.
The current prices for these passes that include Military discounts can be found here: Magic Your Way Stars and Stripes Pass.
For Military personnel who are staying offsite, discounted tickets are sold at Military bases. You can also get specially priced tickets via - Mail Order: Retired, Active, Reservists, National Guard and DoD Personnel can order discount tickets via mail order by calling the Commander, Navy Region Southwest 619-767-6000. For information on the Air Force Central Ticket Program, visit your local office or click here.
- Universal Orlando Discounted TicketsDisney Resort Discounts for Military
- Sea World Orlando / Busch Gardens Tampa Bay
- Kennedy Space Center Discounted Tickets
- Dinner Show Discounted Tickets
- Additional Orlando Attraction Tickets
Shades of Green
In a secluded area near the Magic Kingdom, sandwiched between the Magnolia and Palm golf courses, sits the Shades of Green Resort. The Shades of Green was originally built as a deluxe Walt Disney World Resort and was formerly known as the Disney Inn. In February 1994, the Department of Defense leased the resort for exclusive use by retired and active military personnel and their families, members of the reserves and the National Guard, as well as Department of Defense civilians. The name, "Shades of Green" signifies the camouflauge uniforms worn by the armed forces without singling out any one particular branch. The resort is fully self-supporting and operates with non-appropriated funds. All profits are turned back into the resort for improvements to the accommodations and services. **NOTE - Shades of Green requires notice of cancellation at least 30 days prior to arrival, or your credit card will be charged an amount equal to one night's stay.
- Blizzard Beach to be closed November 1 due to cold temperatures - Typhoon Lagoon is also closed, but due to its annual rehab.
- Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Food & Wine Classic to be held this weekend - This event features wine and beer seminars, tasting stations and live music.
- Blog - Mickey's Halloween Party vs. Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
- How To Coach Someone Onto Thrill Rides - There is no fail-proof formula, but over the years I have found a few coaching techniques that I use with thrill-phobic personalities. With them I have coaxed quite a few of the most stubborn people in my life onto attractions they never imagined they would test.
- MagicBands will automatically add ride photos to your account - If guests are wearing an active MagicBand when they ride on select attractions, the photos will automatically be added to their My Disney Experience account.
- Blog - 'Move It! Shake It! Dance & Play It!' Street Party debuts at Magic Kingdom
- Top 5 Disney Bucket List Items - You know those things you always wanted to do but haven't had the time or money to do them?
- First night of Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party is sold out - Tickets are still available on the other nights.
- Planning a Disney Halloween Party in 10 Steps - A few ideas and 10 steps for planning a Disney Halloween party in your own neighborhood.
- A new flag waving act has opened in the Italy Pavilion - Sbandieratori Di Sansepolcro performs 12-minute shows several times daily.
- Walt Disney World's Under the Sea - Journey of the Little Mermaid plans month-long rehab - The Magic Kingdom attraction will be closed from 2/2/2015 - 3/6/2015.
- Island Supply store in Magic Kingdom's Adventureland closing - The shop will be closing 10/22/14 and will be replaced later this year.
- LeVar Burton and Edward James Olmos added to Candlelight Processional narrators - The Candlelight Processional takes place at Epcot from 11/28-12/30/14.
- Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party tickets sold out on 10/28/14 - Tickets are also sold out on the 30th and 31st.
- 4 Things I Loved About Being a Disney Cast Member - It's not just one of those jobs that you work at because it's close to your neighborhood. In general it takes a lot of desire and that certain something to become a great cast member.
- Blog - A Video Tribute to Maelstrom
- Wreck-It Ralph's last day at Hollywood Studios will be October 24 - Ralph and Vanellope will be replaced with Hiro and Baymax from Big Hero 6.
- Top 5 tips to make your trip through the airport go smoother - You read those stories all the time about people complaining about their travel experiences. I would like to share some tips to help make your next trip to Walt Disney World a pleasant experience.
- Reservations for Trattoria al Forno open October 21st - Reservations for Trattoria al Forno, the new restaurant coming to Disney's BoardWalk at Walt Disney World, open October 21st.
- Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party tickets sold out on 10/16/14 - Tickets for most other dates are still available.
- PhotoPass offers complimentary "Once Upon a Time" magical shot - For a limited time, you can get your photo taken in front of a "Once Upon A Time" background at Disney's Hollywood Studios, then when you visit MyDisneyPhotoPass.com to claim your photo, you'll find that Elsa and The Evil Queen have been magically added to your photo.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Maelstrom Unload - Maelstrom Boat Exit - Maelstrom Unload - Maelstrom Boat Exit September 15, 2014 - Afternoon
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Maelstrom Unload - Maelstrom Fishing Village - Maelstrom Unload - Maelstrom Fishing Village September 15, 2014 - Afternoon
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Maelstrom Unload - Maelstrom Final Scene - Maelstrom Unload - Maelstrom Final Scene September 15, 2014 - Afternoon
- runDisney announces race dates for 2015/2016 - Notably missing from the list is the Tower of Terror 10 Miler. This could be due to possible upcoming construction at Disney's Hollywood Studios.
- Blog - Book Review: Walt Disney: Drawn from Imagination
- New bus route being tested for Magic Kingdom resorts - The bus will run between the Contemporary Resort, Grand Floridian Resort, the Polynesian and Typhoon Lagoon. This will fix the problem of all Typhoon Lagoon guests having to transfer at Epcot after 2:00pm.
- One-day Memory Maker add-on available for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party - For $39, you will receive all your Disney PhotoPass photos taken on the day of the event, including character meet and greets, dining and attraction photos from your time in the parks before the Party.
- Blog - Spooky Halloween Merchandise in Walt Disney World
- VIDEO: Maelstrom POV & Queue Tribute - Take a walk through the queue and ride through Maelstrom at the Norway Pavilion in Epcot. Maelstrom closed on October 5th to become a Frozen attraction.
- Cruising With Special Dietary Needs Onboard the Disney Cruise Line - Living with a dietary restriction can feel like prison. Challenged families often find themselves excluded from activities when food is involved. When they are included, the difficulty to accommodate the condition may not seem worth the effort. I know. I’ve walked in these shoes...
- Hess gas station near Boardwalk to be closed for 2 weeks - Many Disney resort guests stop here to get food and beverages for their hotel rooms.
- Get 4th night free or save 30% at Aulani, plus get free breakfast - Stay 4 nights and get the 4th free, plus complimentary breakfast. Stay longer and get 30% off stays of 5 nights or longer, plus complimentary breakfast. Offer is valid for stays most nights 1/4/15 - 3/23/15.
- Animal Kingdom's Affection Section closed through 11/10/14 - This is located in Rafiki's Planet Watch.
- Save up to 30% with a Room Only offer at select Walt Disney World resorts - Guests can take advantage of a room-only offer at select Disney resorts 1/5/15 - 3/28/15.
- Play, Stay & Dine offer released for General Public - save up to $800! - Book a discounted package with tickets, dining and hotel accommodations for stays most nights from 12/14/14-12/20/14 and 1/5/15 - 3/7/15.
- Photos of Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend medals - The Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend will be held January 7-11, 2015.
- Blog - Theme Parks Increase Intellectual Property Lineup
- Top 4 Best Live Action Stage Shows At Walt Disney World According to You - This top 4 list is comprised of the attractions you at home have chosen as the best live action stage shows at Walt Disney World.
- Blog - A Walking Tour of Disney's Wilderness Lodge
- Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party tickets sold out on 10/9/14 - Other sold out dates are October 30 and 31.
- Haunted Mansion gift shop, Memento Mori, now open - The decor is inspired by Madame Leota and the shop carries items from the Haunted Mansion Authentic program, such as apparel, home goods, souvenirs and more.
- Disney Visa Stay, Play & Dine offer - Visa cardholders can book a discounted package with tickets, dining and hotel accommodations for stays most nights from 12/14/14-12/20/14 and 1/5/15 - 3/7/15.
- Disney Visa cardholders can save up to 30% on a room only reservation - Disney Visa cardholders can take advantage of a room-only offer at select Disney resorts 1/5/15 - 3/28/15.
- 3 Aspects of a Disney Vacation That Your Child Can Control - How can you make your child feel like they have some control of the day-to-day plans? We’re going to take a look at 3 ways to help your child “take charge” of your vacation once you’ve hit the parks.
- Name for new Haunted Mansion gift shop is "Memento Mori" - The shop is in soft opening and is expected to open fully next week.
- Another date sold out for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party - Tickets are now sold out on October 30 and 31.
- A Frozen Holiday Wish show to replace Cinderella's Holiday Wish at Magic Kingdom - Anna and Elsa can be seen in the show in front of the castle. Queen Elsa's ice powers will transform Cinderella Castle into an ice palace.
- Jonathan Groff and Joe Morton will narrate Epcot Candlelight Processional this year - Jonathan Groff was the voice of Kristoff in "Frozen"; Joe Morton is on the TV show "Scandal."
- Flying Fish Cafe to offer breakfast this fall - This is intended to fill the gap between Kouzzina's closing and the opening of the new Italian restaurant, Trattoria al Forno, in December.
- Disney Facts and Insider Stories - Disney Facts and Insider Stories from a thread on DISboards.com titled "Your best Disney fact or insider story..."
- Frozen Holiday Premium Package announced for Osborne Lights - Get reserved viewing for the For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration; reserved viewing location for the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights with specialty alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, Frozen-themed desserts, holiday lithograph and Frozen pin.
- Blog - Navigating Walt Disney World on Wheels
- October Merchandise Events and Signings at Walt Disney World - List of artist signings and appearances around the Walt Disney World Resort.
- Kids in Control - 3 ways to let the kids take charge of planning your Disney vacation - We’ve been to Walt Disney World many times as a family, so sometimes it’s neat to put those itineraries aside, switch things up and put the kids in control of our plans!
- Blog - How did you become a Disney fan?
- Kouzzina by Cat Cora closes at the Boardwalk today - A new restaurant concept will open in its place this fall.
- VIDEO: Epcot International Food & Wine Festival 2014 Overview - Join the DIS Unplugged team as they stroll around World Showcase enjoying food from the 2014 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival!
- Dates for Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights at Hollywood Studios - Approximately every 10 minutes, the lights "dance" to holiday music, while "Florida snow" falls in the background, making this the perfect Christmas setting.
- Canadian Lumberjack Show to replace Off Kilter at Epcot - They will perform year round and will begin the week of October 5.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Hollywood Boulevard - Crossroads of the World - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Hollywood Boulevard - Crossroads of the World
- Mistakes People Make on their Disney World Vacation - Knowing that DISboards.com is loaded with tons of Disney information, I've decided to start condensing popular threads by quoting the informative posts into a single page.
- Top 4 Best Continuously Loading Rides At Walt Disney World According to You - Those of you who watch The DIS Unplugged know all about the "Best Of" bracket shows. In this particular show, the DIS Unplugged team comes up with their own tournament style bracket to decide the best continuously loading rides at Walt Disney World.
- Blog - A Walking Tour of Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
- Monorail schedule to be adjusted again after September 27 - The monorail will have a different operating schedule than normal as an automation upgrade takes place.
- How to make the most of your Walt Disney World vacation - Now that your trip is booked, it's time to start the day-to-day planning so you can make the most out of your time at Walt Disney World!
- Cirque du Soleil dining package available - Purchase a ticket to the 6:00 performance of La Nouba and take advantage of this special package, which includes an entree, dessert and non-alcoholic beverage. The dinner package option is available at Wolfgang Puck Grand Cafe, Planet Hollywood and Splitsville Luxury Lanes.
- Rehab planned for Splash Mountain - The ride will be closed 1/4/2015 - 1/30/2015.
- "Disney's Behind the Magic of Our Steam Trains" tour will be closed this fall - This Magic Kingdom tour will be closed 9/29-11/7/14.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Sweet Spells - Sunset Boulevard - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Sweet Spells - Sunset Boulevard
- A Guide to Drinking Around Epcot's World Showcase at Walt Disney World - One of the most popular things to do at Epcot’s World Showcase, you know aside from all that pesky learning and culture, is what’s called Drinking Around The World.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe - Sonny Eclipse - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe - Sonny Eclipse
- Festival of the Lion King celebrates 1 millionth guest in new theater - 1 million guests have attended the show since it opened in its new theater in June.
- Blog - Epcot's International Food & Wine Festival FAQ
- Prices for Epcot International Food & Wine Festival Marketplaces - This year's Festival runs from September 19 - November 10, 2014.
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train onboard videos and photos available with Memory Maker - After riding the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, a video and photos of the guest's ride will be added to their My Disney Experience account. These photos/video are only available to guests who have purchased Memory Maker.
- Planet Hollywood's outside merchandise location has closed - This is due to construction. Merchandise is still available inside the restaurant or at Disney's Hollywood Studios.
- Blog - Handbag Round Up: Dooney & Bourke, Vera Bradley, & LeSportsac
- Top 4 Best Thrill Rides At Walt Disney World According to You - The list below is the “final four” of a series of polls tournament bracket style from the DIS Unplugged Facebook page.
- VIDEO: Drinks Around The World Epcot - Corey, Shaun and Craig finish the Drinks Around The World series with the ultimate challenge – drinking around Epcot’s World Showcase!
- Blog - Looking for something to do before your cruise? Visit the Exploration Tower at Port Canaveral
- Chase Lounge will return to the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival - This lounge offers Chase cardholders a place to relax, enjoy complimentary beverages and charging stations for their electronics.
- 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon registration re-opened - Runners can now have the chance to sign up for the 1/2 Marathon, the full Marathon and/or the Goofy Challenge as part of the Goofy Giveback.
- A Simple Guide to Planning Your First Walt Disney World Vacation - Planning a trip to Walt Disney World and don't know where to start? I've simplified the process by suggesting some decisions that need to be made before others.
- Families in Disney's Disability Access lawsuit must file separately
- Sound Lion retail store coming to Disney Springs
- Downtown Disney parking garage to open November 20
- Adventures by Disney honored as Leading Tour Operator
- Marvel Studios releases details about upcoming projects
- Disney Cruise Line releases sail dates for early 2016
- Two new Disney Springs restaurants announced, including one from an Iron Chef
- Disney performers fired after refusing to wear "soiled" costumes
- Orbitz customers name Aulani "Best in Stay Elite"
- Rooms at Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotel to be redesigned