Disney Discounts for Military
- Orlando Hotels
- Disney Cruise Discounts for Military
- Military - Room Only Discounts
- Shades of Green - A Military Resort on Disney Property
- Walt Disney World Discounts for Military
- Ticket Discounts for Military
The DIS Unplugged is a weekly trip planning podcast with unbiased advice on getting the most from your next Disney vacation. Each week our team of Disney experts tells you what's new, what's good, and what's not-so-good in the world of Disney. New shows are released every Tuesday and can be found at disunplugged.com!
Military Vacations at Disney— March 19th, 2013
In this episode, Shaun Thompson and William Rubenstein discuss tips and discounts for military families taking vacations to Walt Disney World.
From $89 per night!!
When you stay at Buena Vista Suites you also get two room suites with complimentary full American breakfast buffet and complimentary scheduled shuttle to Walt Disney World Theme Parks and an evening shuttle to Downtown Disney.
Book Online or call 800-537-7737 with rate code DREAMSRES
Walt Disney World Swan & Dolphin
King beds only at the Swan on December 21st, 22nd, 29th, 30th & 31st.
The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of Walt Disney World. These award winning resorts are located between Epcot and Disney's Hollywood Studios with Disney's Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom theme parks close by.
*Discount for Teacher / Education Support Staff, US Government Employee/Military and Nurses. Based on hotel availability and not all dates are available. Other great discounts offered to Annual Passholders, AAA/AARP and Entertainment Book members.
Sheraton Vistana Villages
1-Bedroom Villa from $109!
Completely furnished and fully equipped, your villa at Sheraton Vistana Villages provides a welcome retreat with all the conveniences of home.
Call 1-888-847-8262 and mention Rate Code "DMNHK" *Does not include daily housekeeping, however, it may be purchased at the front desk for a nominal fee. Based on hotel availability and not all dates are available for these rates.
Request a no obligation price quote from Dreams Unlimited Travel today!!
|3 Night Cruise||
|Category 5A||$100 per person/ per night|
|1/16/2014||Category 5A||$100 per person/ per night|
|1/23/2014||Category 5A||$100 per person/ per night|
|1/30/2014||Category 5A||$100 per person/ per night|
|2/6/2014||Category 5A||$115 per person/ per night|
|4 Night Cruise|
|12/15/2013||Category 5A||$130 per person/ per night|
|1/12/2014||Category 5A||$100 per person/ per night|
|1/13/2014||Category 9C||$75 per person/ per night|
|1/20/2014||Category 9C||$75 per person/ per night|
|1/26/2014||Category 5A||$100 per person/ per night|
|1/27/2013||Category 9C||$75 per person/ per night|
|2/2/2014||Category 5A||$115 per person/ per night|
|2/9/2014||Category 5A||$115 per person/ per night|
|No discounts this week.|
|5 Night Western Caribbean (Miami departure- Cozumel, Grand Cayman or Castaway Cay|
|No discounts this week|
|6 Night Western Caribbean (Galveston) Grand Cayman, Cozumel|
|No discounts this week|
|7 Night Western Caribbean Cruise (Port Canaveral)|
|No discounts this week|
|8 Night Bahamas(Galveston)|
|No discounts this week|
|7 Night Eastern Caribbean Port Canaveral|
|No discounts this week|
All rates above are valid for category 11 staterooms and are applicable to the first two occupants of the stateroom. Single travelers will be subject to an additional pro-rated charge. *Other stateroom categories may be available at other rates. Children's rates are also available for Guests ages 3-12 traveling with 2 adults in the same stateroom. Government Taxes and Fees and excursions are not included. A valid Military ID is required and must be presented at check-in. Subject to availability. NOTE: These discounts can end without notice. Request a no obligation price quote from Dreams Unlimited Travel. *- based on Double occupancy
Please also check the other Disney Cruise Line discount offers for reduced rates available to the general public.
Disneyland Discounts for Military Personnel – This discount is for room only reservations at the Disneyland Resort. Availability is limited. We recommend that you book early if you qualify for this discount. The discount is offered to all active and retired military and Disneyland will require a valid Military ID at check-in to receive the discount.
Save on hotels and tickets!
Disneyland offers special discounts of up to 40% on select Disneyland Resort hotels to active and retired U.S. military personnel.
Disneyland also offers $125 3-Day Park Hoppers (limit 6) for active and retired U.S. military personnel or their spouse.
The current offer has been extended through September 26, 2013.
Effective August 12, 2013, 3-Day Park Hoppers will be offered for $129. This extended offer expires September 25, 2014.
Call (714) 956-6425 or contact a participating U.S. military base office to take advantage of these offers.
2014 Military Ticket Discount
- 4-day Magic Your Way ticket with Park Hopper option = $169 each (plus tax)
- 4 day Magic Your Way ticket with Water Park Fun and More option = $169 each (plus tax)
- 4 day Magic Your Way tickets with Park Hopper and Water Parks Fun and More options = $198 each (plus tax)
- All parks: 12/19-12/31/13 and 4/13-4/20/14
- Magic Kingdom only: 7/4/14
Terms and Conditions
These tickets must be purchased from 8/12/13 - 09/27/14 and must be used 9/29/13 - 9/27/14, with the exception of the blackout dates listed above. If tickets are purchased at Shades of Green resort or your local base ticket office, there is no tax applied.
Eligible member or spouse (but not both) may purchase up to 6 tickets, provided one is used by the purchasing member/spouse. Proper military identification is required.
Tickets are available to active and retired U.S. military personnel (including active and retired members of the United States Coast Guard, National Guard and Reservists) or their spouses.
Magic Your Way Stars and Stripes Pass
Active Military personnel with proper ID (includes active U.S. Coast Guard and activated members of the National Guard or Reservists) are eligible to receive Disney Ticket discounts. Military personnel can also purchase Disney tickets for up to 5 members of their family. Guests in the Military can purchase these tickets at "Shades of Green." YOU MUST PRESENT VALID ID IN ORDER TO RECEIVE THESE PASSES. Your Military discounted passes can be picked up at the Made in the Shade store located at Shades of Green.
When tickets are purchased with a military ID at Shades of Green, there is no tax charged.
The Magic Your Way Stars and Stripes Ticket includes admission for the specified days to the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney's Hollywood Studios, Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park, Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Disney Quest and Wide World of Sports.
The current prices for these passes that include Military discounts can be found here: Magic Your Way Stars and Stripes Pass.
For Military personnel who are staying offsite, discounted tickets are sold at Military bases. You can also get specially priced tickets via - Mail Order: Retired, Active, Reservists, National Guard and DoD Personnel can order discount tickets via mail order by calling the Commander, Navy Region Southwest 619-767-6000. For information on the Air Force Central Ticket Program, visit your local office or click here.
- Universal Orlando Discounted TicketsDisney Resort Discounts for Military
- Sea World Orlando / Busch Gardens Tampa Bay
- Kennedy Space Center Discounted Tickets
- Dinner Show Discounted Tickets
- Additional Orlando Attraction Tickets
Shades of Green
In a secluded area near the Magic Kingdom, sandwiched between the Magnolia and Palm golf courses, sits the Shades of Green Resort. The Shades of Green was originally built as a deluxe Walt Disney World Resort and was formerly known as the Disney Inn. In February 1994, the Department of Defense leased the resort for exclusive use by retired and active military personnel and their families, members of the reserves and the National Guard, as well as Department of Defense civilians. The name, "Shades of Green" signifies the camouflauge uniforms worn by the armed forces without singling out any one particular branch. The resort is fully self-supporting and operates with non-appropriated funds. All profits are turned back into the resort for improvements to the accommodations and services. **NOTE - Shades of Green requires notice of cancellation at least 30 days prior to arrival, or your credit card will be charged an amount equal to one night's stay.
- Beaches and Cream will begin accepting reservations December 18 - This small soda fountain restaurant serves burgers, sandwiches and their signature ice cream desserts.
- Limited Time Magic: Secret Santa Week - Visit the Town Square Christmas Tree on Main Street and see Duffy in his Christmas outfit. Other Disney characters will be located around the park. Get a special decorated keepsake card from each one as a souvenir.
- Limited Time Magic: Tour the Magic Kingdom with Phil Holmes - 25 lucky guests will get to tour the park with current Vice President Phil Holmes.
- Blog - Best Places to View EPCOT’s Illuminations: Reflections of Earth
- VIDEO: Holiday Storytellers - The Canadian Holiday Voyageurs - New to Holidays Around The World 2013 at Epcot in 2013 are the Canadian Holiday Voyageurs. The Canadian Holiday Voyageurs play multiple sets each day filled with Christmas songs done the Canadian way on the Mill Stage.
- Blog - EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW with Jonathan Groff from FROZEN
- Guests at All Star Resorts will no longer receive Key to the World cards - As of 12/2/13, guests at All Star Sports Resort will no longer receive a Key to the World card. All information for the resort and parks will be on the Magic Band you receive when you check in. This will begin at All Star Music on 12/4/13 and at All Star Movies on 12/6/13. This system is already in place at Pop Century.
- VIDEO: it's a small world Holiday Full POV Ride-Through - The happiest cruise that ever sailed gets even merrier for the holidays. it's a small world, the 1964 World's Fair attraction that came to Disneyland in 1966, gets a full overlay for the holiday season including decorations and a new soundtrack!
- Atlanta Braves spring training tickets now on sale - The Atlanta Braves return to ESPN Wide World of Sports for their annual spring training. Tickets are first come/first served and the games take place at Champion Stadium.
- Blog - Give Kids the World Village and Giving Tuesday December 3, 2013
- VIDEO: Gran Fiesta Tour POV Ride-Through - Donald Duck disappears on his way to a Three Caballeros performance in Mexico City and his friends, José Carioca and Panchito Pistoles, set out to search for him.
- Blog - Brewing Now: Joffrey’s Disney Parks Collection of Coffees
- Blog - A Brit’s Perspective – Visiting the UK in Orlando
- Specialty food and drink offered for holidays at Epcot - New this holiday season, each country will be serving a specialty food and drink.
- New bus loop at Magic Kingdom open - In addition to regular single stops, there are several double stops that will accommodate two regular buses or one of the new articulated buses.
- Limited Time Magic: Donate a Duffy the Disney Bear to Toys for Tots - Visit the Once Upon a Toy store or the World of Disney store at Downtown Disney and with every $5 purchase, Disney will donate a Duffy the Disney Bear toy to Toys for Tots.
- Limited Time Magic: Jolly Year of the Ear - Celebrate the season in style with Santa Mickey and Minnie Santa ear hats - only available for a short time at the Emporium at Magic Kingdom.
- Times and dates for Epcot holiday storytellers - Each country has its own special theme that highlights its culture. Storytellers will delight you with tales of their heritage and how the holidays are celebrated in their homeland.
- VIDEO: "Let It Go" from Disney's Frozen in Celebrate the Magic - This holiday season, "Let It Go" from Disney's Frozen is featured in Celebrate the Magic, the nighttime projection show on Cinderella Castle.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Main Street Plaza - Cinderella Castle - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Main Street Plaza - Cinderella Castle November 11, 2013 - Night
- Blog - Happy Thanksgiving from the Magic Kingdom!
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Main Street U.S.A. Bridge - Main Street U.S.A. - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Main Street U.S.A. Bridge - Main Street U.S.A., November 11, 2013 - Night
- Blog - Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom: Turnstile-Free!
- New holiday entertainment for the Canada pavilion at Epcot - Follow the Canadian Holiday Voyageurs on a musical tour to discover the country's holiday customs.
- Blog - Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights 101
- Royal Caribbean is offering a $200 Onboard Credit and 50% Reduced Deposit! - The offer is only available for booking on December 2, 3 and 4, 2013.
- Disney Vacation Club members offered event at Splitsville Luxury Lanes - On December 2 and 9 from 5-6:45pm, the experience will include bowling, shoe rental, a shared appetizer, an entree (or kids' meal), a signature beverage and a special DVC gift.
- Several rehabs added for early 2014 - The Magic Carpets of Aladdin, Festival of the Lion King, Kali River Rapids, and the Studio Backlot Tour have all been added to the rehab list.
- Aulani named Best for Families by Fodor's Travel - Aulani was recently named "Best for Families" by Fodor's Travel in their "Top 10 Hawaiian Resorts for 2013" list.
- Blog - Review: “Frozen”
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Main Street Train Station - Main Street U.S.A. - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Main Street Train Station - Main Street U.S.A., November 11, 2013 - Night
- Limited Time Magic: Thanksgiving Treats Available - Special treats will be available at various locations in the theme parks.
- New Year's Eve dining info for Swan and Dolphin Hotels - The restaurants of the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin will be offering special New Year's Eve menus.
- Walt Disney World Annual Passholders can save up to 37% at select hotels - Discount is valid for travel between 1/4/14-3/18/14, 3/14/14-3/29/14, 1/19/14-3/13/14 and 3/30/14-4/12/14.
- Blog - Why I’m excited to take my baby on a Disney Cruise!
- Limited Time Magic: Jingle Cruise poster giveaway - Celebrate the Jingle Cruise at Magic Kingdom and Disneyland Park with a complimentary mini poster while supplies last.
- Several rehabs scheduled for the Magic Kingdom - Among the closings are The Plaza Restaurant, Pinocchio Village Haus, Tomorrowland Transit Authority People Mover, Barnstormer, and the Liberty Square Riverboat.
- Blog - Disney’s Newest Animated Feature “Frozen” Flurries Into Theme Parks On Both Coasts
- The Comedy Warehouse Holiday Special to return? - Rumors are that the popular holiday version of The Comedy Warehouse will be returning to Hollywood Studios this year.
- Blog - EXCLUSIVE: Nikon becomes the Official Camera of Walt Disney World and Disneyland
- VIDEO: Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2013 - What happens when you combine one 30,000 pound, 65 foot tree, one 40 foot star, 5500 twinkling lights, 430 feet of garland, 325 ornaments, 275 feet of strung popcorn, 400 flickering candles, 135 candy canes, 100 gingerbread cookies and the Disney Characters? Why, you have the perfect recipe for Christmas at the Magic Kingdom!
- Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Photography - Creative photos from Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party
- Christmas dining options for Walt Disney World - All restaurants on property will be open as normal, but some are serving special Christmas menus.
- Thanksgiving dining options at Walt Disney World - All restaurants on property will be open as normal, but some are serving special Thanksgiving menus.
- New looks available for the holidays at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique - Now through 1/3/14, little girls can choose from a Frozen Package or a Holiday Minnie Package.
- Santa Claus comes to Downtown Disney - At the Marketplace, you'll find Santa Claus waiting to greet you at his chalet in front of the World of Disney store.
- VIDEO: Josh Gad - Voice of Olaf in "Frozen" - Interview - Josh Gad, the voice of Olaf in "Frozen" and "World of Color - Winter Dreams" and Tony Award nominee for "The Book of Mormon", takes a few minutes to talk about how important it was to work on a Disney film that led to a theme park experience and the music behind it all.
- All guests at Pop Century will now use MagicBands - As of 11/14/13, guests at Pop Century will no longer receive a Key to the World card. All information for the resort and parks will be on the Magic Band you receive when you check in.
- Heart is the third musical group to cancel SeaWorld performance
- Willie Nelson backs out of SeaWorld Orlando's Bands, Brew & BBQ event
- Disney obtains distrbution rights to future Indiana Jones films
- Family sues Disney when woman dies from complications after a fall
- Disney's PhotoPass+ changing to Memory Maker
- WestJet debuts Sorcerer Mickey plane
- Seaworld Orlando's Shamu show closes for 3 months
- Barenaked Ladies cancels SeaWorld concert due to animal rights issue
- 12-year-old girl protests SeaWorld parade float
- SeaWorld plans several events for early 2014