Shades of Green Resort
Disney's Shades of Green Resort is designed to give U.S. Military personnel their own resort offering the best of Disney World at an affordable rate.
Shades of Green Address:
P.O. Box 22789
Lake Buena Vista, FL 34761
Discounts for Military Personnel
Online - Shades of Green
Phone - 888-593-2242 (Hours 9:00am - 5:00pm EST)
This deluxe resort is located in a secluded area near the Magic Kingdom and is nestled between the Magnolia and Palm golf courses. The entrance is opposite the Polynesian and Grand Floridian Resorts. General Manager James McCrindle describes the resort as "the best place for military families to come and relax while they enjoy all of the features of Walt Disney World at great rates. You cannot get a better deal anywhere on Disney Property." This resort is a Armed Forces Recreation Center and is open to all branches of the military. Having undergone major expansion, it now has 586 spacious rooms with either a balcony or private patio. In addition to the 312 new rooms, Mangino's, a Tuscan inspired restaurant, and a 600 space indoor parking garage has been added. The Shades of Green Resort is a quiet retreat that resembles a country inn. The lobby is a bright, welcoming center with stone walls and picturesque views.
Shades of Green is a non-smoking resort. This policy is in effect throughout the entire property, indoors and out. Guests wishing to stay at the Shades of Green must meet the following eligibilty criteria:
|CATEGORY||AUTHORIZED GROUP (PER DODI)|
|Armed Forces and their families|
|Other Uniformed Services||Members of the Commissioned Corps of the Public Health Service, and Commissioned Corps of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration on active duty|
|Armed Forces retirees and their family members|
|Others separated from the Armed Forces and their family members|
|Others associated with the Department of Defense
||Former Prisoners of War (POWs) and spouses of current POWs or Service members missing in action (MIA)|
|Former and/or surviving spouses and family members|
|Other supporters of DoD|
|U.S. DoD civilians and family members||Both APF and NAF, and retired DoD civilians|
|DoD contract personnel and technical representatives||Working full time on the installation|
|Other Federal employees
||Non DoD Federal employees working on a military installation
|Guests||Who are not otherwise eligible to use MWR programs, when specifically invited and accompanied by an authorized patron.|
|Members of the public within the U. S.|
|U.S. DoD civilians and their family members||When stationed outside the U.S.|
|U.S. Coast Guard Civilians||When stationed outside the U.S.|
|Others associated with the Department of Defense|
The Shades of Green resort is not owned by Walt Disney World, but guests enjoy many of the benefits extended to Walt Disney World resorts guests. Priority Seating arrangements, childcare, package delivery to your resort, use of the WDW transportation and complimentary use of wheelchairs for use at the resort (on a first come, first serve basis), are some of the amenities extended to Shades of Green guests. Additionally, guests staying at Shades of Green have access to the Attractions and Ticket Sales office located at the resort. Discounted admission to the Walt Disney World theme parks is available as well as to many popular Orlando attractions such as Universal Studios and Sea World, as well as dinner shows. The "Made in the Shade" gift shop and the "AAFES General Store" offer souvenirs and convenience items. The resort is tax-free but this is not extended beyond Shades of Green.
- Two outdoor heated pools and one hot tub
- Video arcade with pool table
- Banquet facilities
- Babysitting/Childcare Services
- Valet Service Cleaning
- Private balcony or patio
- In-room safe
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Two lighted tennis courts
- Fitness Facility
- Children's wading pool and playground
- Complimentary valet parking
- Indoor parking garage
- Coin Operated Laundry facilities
- Bell Services
- ATM machine
- Poolside bar
- Mini refrigerators in all guestrooms
- Internet Access
- Voice Mail
A Tuscan themed restaurant featuring Italian cuisine. Mangino's offers fine dining with an extensive wine list to choose from. Dinner served from 5:00pm to 10:00pm.
Evergreen's Sports Bar and Grill Traditional American fare featuring burgers, salads, etc. in a sports setting. Lunch/dinner served 11:00am to midnight.
Eagles Lounge Sandwiches, beverages served from 11:00am to 9:00pm
Express Cafe Pastries, snacks, coffee, tea, etc.
Room Service Offered from 7:00am to 11:00am and 4:00pm to 11:00pm
Shuttle buses providing transportation to the Disney Ticket and Transportation center
- Blog - Disney's Festival of Fantasy Parade debuts at the Magic Kingdom!
- VIDEO - Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade - Festival of Fantasy is the brand new daily parade at the Magic Kingdom bringing the characters and stories of New Fantasyland to life! Brand new floats and costumes were produced for the parade featuring characters from Frozen, Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella, Princess and the Frog, Brave, Dumbo, Pinocchio, The Little Mermaid, Peter Pan, Sleeping Beauty, Tangled, Fantasia, Snow White and more!
- Photo Gallery of the Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade - The "Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade" celebrates New Fantasyland with new innovative floats, costumes and an all-new soundtrack that features songs from popular Disney films.
- VIDEO - Topiaries at Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival - The Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival is better than before in 2014 and features some of the most beautiful and elaborate topiaries seen anywhere. New this year includes 'Spring is in the Air!' featuring Goofy, Donald and Daisy as you enter the park; Soccer Goofy and Donald; and Kermit the Frog & Miss Piggy inspired by "Muppets Most Wanted". Returning favorites include Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Buzz Lightyear, Lightning McQueen, Tow Mater, Phineas and Ferb, Tinker Bell, Bambi and Friends, Peter Pan and Captain Hook, Winnie the Pooh and Friends, Classic Disney Couples, Woody, Lady and the Tramp, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, The Lion King, Pandas, Troll and Fantasia!
- VIDEO - Outdoor Kitchens at Epcot Flower & Garden Festival - After the popular introduction in 2013, the outdoor kitchens are back at the 2014 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival serving up some of the finest and freshest food at Epcot in a similar fashion to the Food & Wine Festival. Outdoor kitchens include Pineapple Promenade, The Buttercup Cottage, Fleur de Lys, Taste of Marrakesh, Hanami, The Smokehouse: Barbecue and Brews, Primavera Kitchen, Florida Fresh, Lotus House, Jardin de Fiestas, and the new Urban Farm EATS!
- VIDEO - Festival Center at the Flower & Garden Festival - Video of the Festival Center at Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival 2014. The festival center is where you can find many of the seminars and presentations featured during the Festival.
- 2014 Flower & Garden Festival Photos - 2014 photo gallery of Epcot's International Flower & Garden Festival
- Inaugural Disney Fit Challenge to be held in September - Competitions will include tests of power, speed, balance, strength and endurance.
- Blog - A Shopping Oasis: Merchandise at Disney's Flower & Garden Festival
- Pollo Campero at Downtown Disney will be closing 3/19/14 - Pollo Campero, Bodie's All-American Grill and Babycakes NYC will be closing 3/19/14. Babycakes NYC will still be providing gluten-free items to select Walt Disney World food courts and restaurants.
- Blog - 2014 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival opens in Epcot
- Registration for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon opens today - This race is held in conjunction with the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Materializes in Disney Parks
- New dates for D23's Destination D - The event will be held November 22-23, 2014.
- 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon dates - Registration for the 2015 marathon begins 4/22/14.
- Blog - A Brit's Perspective - Changing of the Seasons at the Orlando theme parks
- Rebel Rendezvous merchandise event planned for Star Wars Weekends - Attendees will receive exclusive access to Darth's Mall a day before it opens to the public.
- Blog - A February Stroll through the Magic Kingdom
- Walt Disney World restaurants add Braille menus - Beginning March 1, select restaurants will be adding Braille menus, though a list of participating restaurants is not yet available. The Braille menus will have examples of the menu items but may not list all the short term or temporary items.
- Family Ticket offer - get one free day! - Get one FREE additional day on each ticket when you buy 6 or more 4-day or longer Magic Your Way tickets!
- Blog - Disney's Polynesian Resort is Changing in a Big Way
- Just announced! Festival of Fantasy parade will debut March 9! - This parade will run daily in the afternoons at the Magic Kingdom.
- Celebrate Earth Day at Disney's Animal Kingdom - The park is also celebrating the release of Disneynature's newest film Bears, which hits theaters April 18.
- Car Masters Weekend to be held at Downtown Disney - This event takes place June 14-15.
- Walt Disney World ticket prices increase - Ticket prices have gone up effective today, Sunday, February 23.
- Mighty St. Patrick's Day Festival planned for Downtown Disney - Downtown Disney celebrates St. Patrick's Day with live music, a step-by-step Irish jig workshop, classic Irish food and drink, Irish storytellers, Irish history and merchandise at Raglan Road's Shop.
- Star Wars Weekends - extra weekend added, plus Hyperspace Hoopla cancelled - A nightly fireworks show has been added instead of the Hyperspace Hoopla party.
- Leadership changes at Walt Disney World resorts and transportation
- Disney and unions extend contract
- Major staff cuts at Disney Interactive
- Blackfish director denies receiving confidential information
- Hank Wiliams Jr. and Alabama to perform at SeaWorld
- Universal Orlando parking garage closed for suspicious vehicle
- SeaWorld calls for investigation of OSHA inspector
- Preview of food items for Wizarding World of Harry Potter expansion
- Disney announces theme parks will stay open for 24-hour party
- Magic Kingdom Hub Expansion Announced
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 1:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 9:30
8:00 - 8:00
10:00 - 5:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Animal Kingdom
Extra Magic Hour Evening: Hollywood Studios