Shades of Green Resort
Disney's Shades of Green Resort is designed to give U.S. Military personnel their own resort offering the best of Disney World at an affordable rate.
Shades of Green Address:
P.O. Box 22789
Lake Buena Vista, FL 34761
Discounts for Military Personnel
Online - Shades of Green
Phone - 888-593-2242 (Hours 9:00am - 5:00pm EST)
This deluxe resort is located in a secluded area near the Magic Kingdom and is nestled between the Magnolia and Palm golf courses. The entrance is opposite the Polynesian and Grand Floridian Resorts. General Manager James McCrindle describes the resort as "the best place for military families to come and relax while they enjoy all of the features of Walt Disney World at great rates. You cannot get a better deal anywhere on Disney Property." This resort is a Armed Forces Recreation Center and is open to all branches of the military. Having undergone major expansion, it now has 586 spacious rooms with either a balcony or private patio. In addition to the 312 new rooms, Mangino's, a Tuscan inspired restaurant, and a 600 space indoor parking garage has been added. The Shades of Green Resort is a quiet retreat that resembles a country inn. The lobby is a bright, welcoming center with stone walls and picturesque views.
Shades of Green is a non-smoking resort. This policy is in effect throughout the entire property, indoors and out. Guests wishing to stay at the Shades of Green must meet the following eligibilty criteria:
|CATEGORY||AUTHORIZED GROUP (PER DODI)|
|Armed Forces and their families|
|Other Uniformed Services||Members of the Commissioned Corps of the Public Health Service, and Commissioned Corps of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration on active duty|
|Armed Forces retirees and their family members|
|Others separated from the Armed Forces and their family members|
|Others associated with the Department of Defense
||Former Prisoners of War (POWs) and spouses of current POWs or Service members missing in action (MIA)|
|Former and/or surviving spouses and family members|
|Other supporters of DoD|
|U.S. DoD civilians and family members||Both APF and NAF, and retired DoD civilians|
|DoD contract personnel and technical representatives||Working full time on the installation|
|Other Federal employees
||Non DoD Federal employees working on a military installation
|Guests||Who are not otherwise eligible to use MWR programs, when specifically invited and accompanied by an authorized patron.|
|Members of the public within the U. S.|
|U.S. DoD civilians and their family members||When stationed outside the U.S.|
|U.S. Coast Guard Civilians||When stationed outside the U.S.|
|Others associated with the Department of Defense|
The Shades of Green resort is not owned by Walt Disney World, but guests enjoy many of the benefits extended to Walt Disney World resorts guests. Priority Seating arrangements, childcare, package delivery to your resort, use of the WDW transportation and complimentary use of wheelchairs for use at the resort (on a first come, first serve basis), are some of the amenities extended to Shades of Green guests. Additionally, guests staying at Shades of Green have access to the Attractions and Ticket Sales office located at the resort. Discounted admission to the Walt Disney World theme parks is available as well as to many popular Orlando attractions such as Universal Studios and Sea World, as well as dinner shows. The "Made in the Shade" gift shop and the "AAFES General Store" offer souvenirs and convenience items. The resort is tax-free but this is not extended beyond Shades of Green.
- Two outdoor heated pools and one hot tub
- Video arcade with pool table
- Banquet facilities
- Babysitting/Childcare Services
- Valet Service Cleaning
- Private balcony or patio
- In-room safe
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Two lighted tennis courts
- Fitness Facility
- Children's wading pool and playground
- Complimentary valet parking
- Indoor parking garage
- Coin Operated Laundry facilities
- Bell Services
- ATM machine
- Poolside bar
- Mini refrigerators in all guestrooms
- Internet Access
- Voice Mail
A Tuscan themed restaurant featuring Italian cuisine. Mangino's offers fine dining with an extensive wine list to choose from. Dinner served from 5:00pm to 10:00pm.
Evergreen's Sports Bar and Grill Traditional American fare featuring burgers, salads, etc. in a sports setting. Lunch/dinner served 11:00am to midnight.
Eagles Lounge Sandwiches, beverages served from 11:00am to 9:00pm
Express Cafe Pastries, snacks, coffee, tea, etc.
Room Service Offered from 7:00am to 11:00am and 4:00pm to 11:00pm
Shuttle buses providing transportation to the Disney Ticket and Transportation center
- New events added to Epcot International Food & Wine Festival - Late Nights LIVE! and new Premium Package events added.
- Astro Orbiter rehab extended by one week - Originally scheduled to end September 19, the ride will now reopen September 28.
- Food & Wine Festival Premium events now available for booking - This includes seminars, signature dining experiences and other special events.
- Changes coming to Move It, Shake It, Celebrate It Street Party? - An update is rumored for this parade later this year, possibly around October. Possible changes are new music; Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Donald moving to the top of the floats; and Stitch joining the fun. Sebastian, Lumiere, and The Mad Hatter will leave the parade.
- During pool rehab, Polynesian guests will have free admission to Blizzard Beach - Originally, the resort guests were just going to be given one-day tickets to the water park, but that has been changed. They will now have complimentary unlimited admission to Blizzard Beach during their stay at the Polynesian.
- List of restaurants participating in the 2015 Disney Dining Plan - This list will be updated as more restaurants are added. Epcot and Downtown Disney restaurants don't normally finalize their participation until later in the year.
- 2015 Magic Your Way Disney World packages released! - A Walt Disney World package is a resort room and theme park admission. The Disney Dining Plan may also be added.
- Happy 15th Birthday to Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith! - The attraction originally opened its doors at Disney’s Hollywood Studios on July 29, 1999.
- Victoria & Albert's will no longer accept Tables in Wonderland - This begins August 1, 2014.
- Summertime Pals Ink & Paint Cel release - This limited release will be available at the event, or pre-order by September 25 at 5:00pm EST.
- Haunted Mansion merchandise shop coming to Magic Kingdom - The former Yankee Trader shop will become a Haunted Mansion merchandise location in the near future. The decor will be inspired by Madame Leota and will carry items from the Haunted Mansion Authentic program, such as apparel, home goods, souvenirs and more.
- Merchandise Events and Artist Appearances/Signings for August - List of authors and artists coming to the theme parks for signings and merchandise releases.
- List of characters updated for Villains Unleashed! event - Over 50 Disney villains will be taking over the park until the 13th hour!
- Beginning today, PhotoPass print packages are no longer offered table-side at character meals - This includes Chef Mickey's, 1900 Park Fare, 'Ohana, Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue, Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show and Tusker House Restaurant.
- Disney Visa cardholders can book Food & Wine Festival events early - Disney Visa cardholders can book special events two days earlier than the general public - on July 29 and July 30 from 7:00am-11:00pm EST.
- Tables in Wonderland adds blackout dates for several restaurants - The Tables in Wonderland program offers Florida Residents, DVC members and Annual Passholders 20% off of all food and beverage purchases at the participating Disney restaurants.
- Information on Holiday sleigh rides at Fort Wilderness - This horse-drawn "sleigh" ride is a fun way to celebrate the season.
- Marketplace menus for Epot International Food & Wine Festival - List of menu items for the marketplaces set up around World Showcase.
- Rehab planned in November for Magic Carpets of Aladdin - The Magic Kingdom attraction will be closed 11/10 - 11/21/2014.
- Food & Wine Festival Special Dining Experiences released - Bookings for these experiences begin July 31.
- 10 Places to Wait Out a Thunderstorm at Walt Disney World
- Disney Castaway Cay Challenge added to Princess Half Marathon Weekend - Runners who are registered for any of the Disney races (5K or longer) during the Weekend have the option to complete the Disney Castaway Cay Challenge when sailing on the Disney Dream February 23-27.
- Fantasia Miniature Golf Course rehab planned off and on for the next two weeks - Gardens Course closed 7/22-7/25/2014, 7/28-8/1/2014, 8/4-8/8/2014. The Fairways will still be open.
- Blog - I Can Go The Distance: Deciding is one thing, registering is another
- Save up to 30% on a Room Only reservation at Walt Disney World! - Valid for stays most nights 10/4/14 - 11/25/14 and 11/29/14 - 12/23/14.
- 2015 WDW hotel discount released for U.S. Military - Valid for stays most nights 9/28/14 - 10/3/15.
- All 3 remaining weekends sold out for Harambe Nights - July 26, August 2 and August 9 are sold out.
- Annual passholder discount for Spice Road Table - Through 9/17/14, Annual Passholders can get a 30% discount on their bill.
- 2015 Military Ticket Discount info released - Members of the military can purchase 4-day Magic Your Way tickets with Park Hopper option for $177 each.
- Changes to reservation times for Wishes Dessert Party - Reservations are all being set for 6:00pm, no matter when Wishes is taking place. The dessert party will actually take place one hour before Wishes.
- Frozen Summer Fun Premium package is sold out for all remaining dates - This package gives guests at Frozen Summer Fun Live reserved viewing for several events.
- Wild by Design tour to be discontinued after 9/26/14 - This tour takes place at Disney's Animal Kingdom.
- Fantasy Football Convention coming to ESPN Wide World of Sports - The convention will give attendees access to ESPN talent, a live fantasy football draft and more.
- Blog - Sneak Preview of What's Coming to the 2014 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- Dates and pricing released for ICE! at Gaylord Palms - Using two million pounds of ice, this Gaylord Palms Resort special ticket exhibit will be transformed into the North Pole.
- Blog - Disney's Magical Express Age Limit Changes: A Parent's & Teacher's Perspective
- Blog - Five Reasons Why We're Not Seeing "Planes: Fire & Rescue" in Theaters
- Blog updated - I Just Spent $20 on FastPasses! Would You? - The author has taken the tour she discussed in the blog - check out her thoughts to see if she would do this again!
- Blog - July 2014 Magic Kingdom Construction Update
- Information for Food & Wine Festival special dining experiences - book 7/31 - Premium events will be announced July 24 and can be booked on July 31 beginning at 7:00am EST. To book, call 407-WDW-FEST (939-3378).
- Princess Half Marathon fills in less than 24 hours - The Princess Half Marathon, the Princess Enchanted 10K and the Glass Slipper Challenge are sold out, filling less than 24 hours after registration opened.
- Dolphins at Epcot will be offstage through August 7 - Guests will not be able to see the dolphins at The Seas with Nemo & Friends. The Dolphins in Depth Tour will be unavailable during this time as well.
- Changes in parking due to Downtown Disney Remodel - Speeds in the area will be reduced, as well as lanes closed. Buena Vista Drive will be expanded to 10 lanes.
- Blog - Disney Responds to Disability Access Service Lawsuit
- Walt Disney World 2015 packages now available to book
- High-speed train will link Shanghai Disneyland to city
- "Clyde and Seamore Take Pirate Island" show cancelled at SeaWorld
- PBS plans Walt Disney biopic
- Release date set for 5th Pirates of the Caribbean film
- Man arrested at Typhoon Lagoon for molesting 4 teenage girls
- Standby line to be cut off in Anna and Elsa meet and greet
- Disney's second quarter injury report: 12-year-old boy cuts fingers on Pirates ride
- 30 years in prison for man who molested girl at SeaWorld
- Possible agreement reached between Disney and unions
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 11:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 10:00
9:00 - 7:00
9:00 - 8:00
9:00 - 8:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Magic Kingdom