Disney Cruise Line Meets with DIS MembersMany people on the DIS enjoy meeting other cruisers online before their sailing. A great place to find others that share your excitement for your upcoming cruise is on the Disney Cruise Meets board on DISboards.com. You may even find some people that are going to be on your sailing. Once you are onboard you will feel like you are meeting old friends when you meet in person. If you have never cruised before, this is a great way to get advice from others familiar with the ship and itinerary.
Every stateroom has a fish hanging on the wall outside the door. This is part decoration and part message center. The fish is there for Disney to place important communications to you such as excursion tickets and notes from the Cruise staff. It is like a mailbox for your room.
On the DISboards discussion forums, it is very popular to participate in a Fish Extender exchange. This entails having a fish extender hanging off the fish outside your room. If you aren't sure how the exchange works or the size and shape of a fish extender be sure to visit the links below. A fish extender can be made of cloth, plastic or vinyl. It can be very creative or very simple. If you don't care to create your own Fish Extender, you will find many auctions on EBay where one can be customized for you.
All the people in the exchange buy little items and place them in each other's fish extenders. It is great fun to come back and check the items you have received. DIS Meets Board on the Disney Cruise Line Forum, you can look and see if someone has already started a Fish Extender exchange for your sailing.
We have been asked by Disney Cruise Line to relay the following message regarding stateroom door decorations on DCL ships:
More and more guests are choosing to express their family pride and enthusiasm for Disney Cruise Line by decorating their stateroom doors aboard our ships.
As you might imagine, it is very important to us to keep our facilities looking their best for all our guests.
As part of our commitment to this area of focus, we ask that guests no longer affix anything to their stateroom door utilizing any adhesive or tape, including removable gel adhesives.
We have found that these adhesives damage the finish on the stateroom doors and therefore ask that guests limit door decoration to those of the magnetic variety.
Concurrently, we ask that guests not use over-the-door hanging organizers as they have been found to scratch and/or disfigure stateroom doors and trim.
Guests found with damaged doors are assessed a $100 damage fee per incident to cover the cost of repairs.
- Great military rates available on Disney Cruise Line - Disney Cruise Line's Military discounts are available for all branches of active and retired members (or spouse) of the Military.
- Florida residents can sail to the Southern Caribbean for just $120/night! - Other discounted cruises are available as well.
- DVC members can sail on Disney Cruise Line for $119/night - DVC members can save 30% on Deluxe Oceanview staterooms on select 7-night Caribbean cruises on the Disney Magic!
- Disney Cruise Line discounts for the U.S. Military - Disney Cruise Line's Military discounts are available for all branches of active and retired members (or spouse) of the Military.
- Florida residents can sail for as low as $135 per night - New Florida Resident discounts are released weekly.
- Changes to minimum age to cruise on Disney Cruise Line - Effective for 2015 sailings, the minimum age to cruise is now 6 months old. Previously, the minimum age was 12 weeks.
- Disney Cruise Line releases photo of Halloween Pumpkin Tree onboard ships - Each of the four ships will have a different version of The Pumpkin Tree.
- Florida residents can save on Disney Cruise Line - Discounts are available on a variety of sailings.
- Disney Cruise Line discounts available for members of the U.S. military - Rates start at $130 per night per person.
- Disney Cruise Line and Aulani honored by Travel + Leisure
Results are part of the World's Best Awards 2014.
- Disney Cruise Line releases remainder of 2015 schedule
Sail dates for the remainder of 2015 have been announced.
- Disney Wonder to return to Hawaii in 2015?
Itineraries aren't released yet, but a suspicious entry on the Hawaii port calendars is fueling the rumors.
- runDisney announces Inaugural Disney Castaway Cay Challenge
Runners must complete an event at the Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend, as well as the Castaway 5K.
- Fourth Oasis-class ship planned for Royal Caribbean
The new ship will set sail in 2018.