Downtown Disney Disneyland
Alamo Car Rental - Located in the Downtown Disney District, near the Walt Disney Travel Company (facing the Disneyland Hotel).
Blink - This clothing store run by Wet Seal Inc. features trendy denim items, tops and accessories aimed at ages 13 to 19. "Demim experts" are on hand to help customers find different brands and styles.
Build-A-Bear Workshop - You create your very own plush friend. Once you’ve chosen and assembled all of the features that make your stuffed animal uniquely yours, you’ll take your treasure home in its own cardboard ‘cage’. This is by far the busiest shop at Downtown Disney. You will see people carrying these Build-A-Bear boxes everywhere!
D Street - D Street Disney features designer clothing, jewelry and merchandise including vintage inspired Disney Couture, Bloc artwork, Surf and Skate apparel and Star Wars T-shirts. Additional sections include ‘The Scene’ where local artists are showcased with art, jewelry and apparel, ‘Motor Mouse Since 1928 by Noah’ that showcases his art inspired by classic movies & cars, and ‘Vinylmation’ showcasing the latest in the Vinylmation series of characters.
Disney Vault 28 - Disney Vault 28 offers an ever-changing mix of clothes and accessories for men and women as well as a select range of gifts and home accessory items, not to mention Disney apparel which has been given an unexpected twist.
Disney Pin Traders - Disney pins, lanyards, cases, accessories
ESPN Studio Store - Located in the ESPN Sports center, this store is bound to have everything the sports enthusiast in your family is looking for.
Fossil - The Fossil Store in Downtown Disney offers a wide selection of eclectic watches and bands, Sunglasses, Leather Goods, Purses and Jewelry as well as the latest ‘Funky’ fashions.
House of Blues Company Store – Logo clothing and merchandise as well as sauces and spices.
LittleMissMatched - LittleMissMatched offers unique merchandise for the young and young at heart. The brand’s signature non-matching socks are sold in sets of three single socks to encourage self-expression through mixing and matching. LittleMissMatched offers everything from books to bedding, PJ’s to pencil pouches and flip flops to furniture – each item with its own unique reinvention.
Marceline’s Confectionery - Fresh fudge, candy coated apples, hand dipped chocolates and an assortment of novelty candies is available. Named after Walt Disney's childhood town.
Quiksilver Boardriders Club Store -
Quiksilver brands including Boys and Young Men's apparel,
Quiksilveredition, Roxy, Roxy Girl and Teenie
Rainforest Retail Shopping Village - A wide assortment of Rainforest merchandise including, jewelry, clothing, toys and gifts.
RIDEMAKERZ - RIDEMAKERZ lets your kids build their own radio-controlled vehicle! Choose from dozens of cars and hundreds of accessories to make that one of a kind dream vehicle.
- DIS Unplugged Review by Tom Bell: Blog
Something Silver – Jewelry and accessories in this precious metal.
Studio Disney 365 – The perfect place for that "little rock star" in your family! Choose from several different superstar makeover packages. All packages include a hair makeover, cosmetic makeover, make-up case, digital image and lanyard. Prices range from $19.95 to $81.00 for the complete look. Advanced reservations are recommnded and can be made by calling (714) 781-STYLE (7895).
Beginning May 9th for reservations after June 24th, guests will be required to provide a credit card when booking a transformation at Studio Disney 365 or Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. Guests must cancel within 24 hours or face a $10 per person charge.
- DIS Unplugged reviews by Nancy Johnon: Blog
DIS Unplugged Podcast
04/28/11 - Nancy Johnson talks about Studio 365
Discuss | Blog | RSS Feed | Add to iTunes | Podcast Main
Sunglass Icon - High end and brand name designer frames.
Travelex - Convert foreign currency, buy or exchange traveler’s checks, credit card advances and wire transfers.
Walt Disney Travel Company - Disney Travel Agents will assist you in making questions or changes to your current package.
WonderGround Gallery - A technology driven gallery featuring the latest in Disney inspired art. WonderGround Gallery also features an Artist in Residence program. Each month, a new artist will call the gallery their home as they work on upcoming projects, live paintings, art demonstrations and more.
Artist in Residence
The Artist in Residence for May 2013 is Frank Svengsouk. Meet Frank May 3-4, 10-11 and 17-18 from 5pm to 9pm.
Frank has been working for over then years at Disney, designing oline games and website experiences. He currently serves as an art director at Disney Interactive Media Group.
Downtown Disney at night is very busy. If you try to wing your dinner meals, don't be suprised if you have to wait a while. I've noticed lines out the door at Rainforest Cafe, Tortilla Jo's, and Naples Ristorante Pizzeria.
Downtown Disney in Disneyland really comes alive at night! There isn't a single spot throughout the district where you won't hear live music, or see crowds for that matter. Downtown Disney during the day and Downtown Disney at night are completely different.
BRENNAN’S JAZZ KITCHEN
Long a New Orleans tradition, Ralph Brennan’s California locale brings the sounds of the Big Easy to Downtown Disney. On select evenings, the sultry sound of jazz fills the air as a talented lineup of performers takes center stage in the lounge. Admission is required for certain events.
Call 714-776-5200 for ticket reservations.
HOUSE OF BLUES
In addition to the Sunday Gospel Brunch, the evening brings a lively mix of entertainment. From rock, to reggae, from rap to the rhythms of Latin music, you’ll find it here. Both talented local performers as well as big name acts appear at this establishment. You can call 714-778-2583 for the schedule during your visit. Admission ranges from $5.00 and up and can be purchased through Ticket Master. Tickets are also available at the House of Blues box office.
With 12 large screens and comfortable stadium style seating, you can enjoy the top movies being shown at this megaplex. There's even an IMAX screen for that immersive movie experience. Current releases are shown throughout the day into the evening.
Sports fans flock to this location where sports events can be viewed on a giant 16-foot screen surrounded by a dozen 36-inch monitors in the lounge area. No matter what the game, you’re bound to find it being broadcast here. Every seat in the restaurant is in range of a TV screen. No need to wait for a commercial to take a bathroom break, there are screens in the restrooms. At the Sports Arena, sports themed video games are found. (Game cards available for purchase.)
MAYAN ADVENTURE TOURS
Pilot your own Jungle Cruise-style boat through a Mayan temple and more. Located near Rainforest Cafe. Cost is $2.
Downtown Disney also hosts a wonderful array of outdoor performers. From the sublime sounds of classical musicians to Latino bands that will have you dancing in the streets, you will often find the air filled with music.
- Swing dancing returns to Disneyland Park beginning June 15th - Swing Dancing returns to the former Carnation Plaza Gardens (now Fantasy Faire) stage on a limited basis beginning June 15th!
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Disneyland - Rivers of America - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Disneyland.
- 2014 dates chosen for DIS-exclusive Backstage Magic trips - Three dates have been selected for 2014 Adventures by Disney Backstage Magic trips with members of the DIS Unplugged podcast team!
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Disneyland - Indiana Jones Queue - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Disneyland.
- Woody's All-American Roundup at Disneyland this Summer - Beginning June 14th, Sheriff Woody will be bringing his Talent Roundup to the stage at the Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree. Woody and Jessie will be entertaining guests with their lasso skills and slingshot tricks, plus greeting guests along with Mickey and Minnie.
- Limited Time Magic: Disneyland Passholder Animation Academy - Annual Passholders are invited to learn to draw a classic Disney character and hear behind-the scenes stores from Disney Animator Eric Goldberg. The event will be held at 3pm, 4pm, 5pm and 6pm in the Disney Animation building at Disney California Adventure. Passholders must register in person the day of the event.
- WonderGround Gallery to host Cocktail Party for Hipster Collection - In celebration of the new "Happiest Hipster on Earth" collection, Disneyland Resort's WonderGround Gallery will be hosting a Cocktail Reception featuring an artist signing opportunity with Jerrod Maruyama. Tickets go on sale May 21st.
- New Disneyland restaurant reservation policy delayed indefinitely! - The new Disneyland Resort policy requiring a credit card for reservations at Disney owned restaurants that was to go in effect soon has been delayed indefinitely.
- Disneyland's Magical fireworks now Glow with the Show - Disneyland's Summer Fireworks, Magical, now incorporates the Glow with the Show ears. Also on select days, guests wearing them can access a special viewing area.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Grand Californian Hotel - Lobby - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Disneyland.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Disneyland Hotel - Pool - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Disneyland.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Cars Land - Cozy Cone Motel - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Disneyland.
- Blog - New Disney Dooney & Bourke Release This Summer
- VIDEO: Memories of the Disneyland Resort Hotels - Visit http://www.wdwinfo.com/disneyland/ for more information on the Disneyland Resort.
- Blog - Help! A Walt Disney World Vet’s First Time at Disneyland – Part 4
- Blog - Disneyland 101 – Dining Strategies
- Calfornia adjusts safety citations and fines against Disneyland
California agency reduces violations and associated fines that came as a result of April 13th closure of three major attractions.
- Space Mountain reopens at Disneyland
After a safety-related closure, Space Mountain is back open.
- Disney contractor fined by Cal-OSHA
A Disney contractor was fined in relation to the incident in November where a worker fell from the roof of Space Mountain.
- Updated: 3 Major attractions suddenly closed at Disneyland
Several major attractions closed at the Disneyland Resort.
- No more free coffee refills on Disneyland's Main Street U.S.A.
Market House at Disneyland will not offer free coffee refills after it changes into a Starbucks this fall.