Downtown Disney Disneyland
Alamo Car Rental - Located in the Downtown Disney District, near the Walt Disney Travel Company (facing the Disneyland Hotel).
Anna & Elsa's Boutique - Guest ages 3 to 15 can receive transformations into some of their favorite "Frozen" characters, including hair, makeup and wardrobe options. For reservations call 714-781-STYLE.
Now open in the former Studio Disney 365 location.
The Elsa Package includes Elsa inspired coronation hairstlye with blue color streak, tiara, shimmering makeup, and nail polish.
The Anna Package includes Anna inspired coronation hairstyle with green color streak, tiara, shimmering makeup, and nail polish.
The Olaf Package for girls includes Olaf inspired hairstyle complete with top hat headband, orange color streak, shimmering makeup, and nail polish.
The Olaf Package for boys includes snow frosted hair tips and choice of Olaf t-shirt.
The Cool As Ice Pacakage includes hairstyling with choice of two colorful hair streaks, face gem, shimmering makeup, and nail polish.
Build-A-Bear Workshop - You create your very own plush friend. Once you’ve chosen and assembled
all of the features that make your stuffed animal uniquely
yours, you’ll take your treasure home in its own
cardboard ‘cage’. This is by far the busiest shop at Downtown Disney. You will see people carrying these Build-A-Bear boxes everywhere!
D Street - D Street Disney features designer clothing, jewelry and merchandise including vintage inspired Disney Couture, Bloc artwork, Surf and Skate apparel and Star Wars T-shirts. Additional sections include ‘The Scene’ where local artists are showcased with art, jewelry and apparel, ‘Motor Mouse Since 1928 by Noah’ that showcases his art inspired by classic movies & cars, and ‘Vinylmation’ showcasing the latest in the Vinylmation series of characters.
Disney Vault 28 - Disney Vault 28 offers an ever-changing mix of clothes and accessories for men and women as well as a select range of gifts and home accessory items, not to mention Disney apparel which has been given an unexpected twist.
Disney Pin Traders - Disney pins, lanyards, cases, accessories
ESPN Studio Store - Located in the ESPN Sports center, this store is bound to have everything the sports enthusiast in your family is looking for.
Fossil - The Fossil Store in Downtown Disney offers a wide selection of eclectic watches and bands, Sunglasses, Leather Goods, Purses and Jewelry as well as the latest ‘Funky’ fashions.
House of Blues Company Store – Logo clothing and merchandise as well as sauces and spices.
LittleMissMatched - LittleMissMatched offers unique merchandise for the young and young at heart. The brand’s signature non-matching socks are sold in sets of three single socks to encourage self-expression through mixing and matching. LittleMissMatched offers everything from books to bedding, PJ’s to pencil pouches and flip flops to furniture – each item with its own unique reinvention.
Marceline’s Confectionery - Fresh fudge, candy coated apples, hand dipped chocolates and an assortment of novelty candies is available. Named after Walt Disney's childhood town.
Quiksilver Boardriders Club Store -
Quiksilver brands including Boys and Young Men's apparel,
Quiksilveredition, Roxy, Roxy Girl and Teenie
Rainforest Retail Shopping Village - A wide assortment of Rainforest merchandise including, jewelry, clothing, toys and gifts.
RIDEMAKERZ - RIDEMAKERZ lets your kids build their own radio-controlled vehicle! Choose from dozens of cars and hundreds of accessories to make that one of a kind dream vehicle.
- DIS Unplugged Review by Tom Bell: Blog
Something Silver – Jewelry and accessories in this precious metal.
Studio Disney 365 – The perfect place for that "little rock star" in your family! Choose from several different superstar makeover packages. All packages include a hair makeover, cosmetic makeover, make-up case, digital image and lanyard. Prices range from $19.95 to $81.00 for the complete look. Advanced reservations are recommnded and can be made by calling (714) 781-STYLE (7895). Guests must cancel within 24 hours or face a $10 per person charge.
Studio Disney 365 has been replaced by Anna & Elsa's Boutique.
Sunglass Icon - High end and brand name designer frames.
Travelex - Convert foreign currency, buy or exchange traveler’s checks, credit card advances and wire transfers.
Walt Disney Travel Company - Disney Travel Agents will assist you in making questions or changes to your current package.
WonderGround Gallery - A technology driven gallery featuring the latest in Disney inspired art. WonderGround Gallery also features an Artist in Residence program. Each month, a new artist will call the gallery their home as they work on upcoming projects, live paintings, art demonstrations and more.
Artist in Residence for August is Liana Hee
Artist Liana Hee will be on hand August 1-3, 8-10, 15-17, 22-24 and 29-31 from 6pm to 10pm each day greeting guests and signing her work.
Artist in Residence for September is David Lozeau
Artist David Lozeau will be on hand September 5-7, 12-14, 19-21 and 26 from 6pm to 10pm each day.
Downtown Disney at night is very busy. If you try to wing your dinner meals, don't be suprised if you have to wait a while. I've noticed lines out the door at Rainforest Cafe, Tortilla Jo's, and Naples Ristorante Pizzeria.
Downtown Disney in Disneyland really comes alive at night! There isn't a single spot throughout the district where you won't hear live music, or see crowds for that matter. Downtown Disney during the day and Downtown Disney at night are completely different.
BRENNAN’S JAZZ KITCHEN
Long a New Orleans tradition, Ralph Brennan’s California locale brings the sounds of the Big Easy to Downtown Disney. On select evenings, the sultry sound of jazz fills the air as a talented lineup of performers takes center stage in the lounge. Admission is required for certain events.
Call 714-776-5200 for ticket reservations.
HOUSE OF BLUES
In addition to the Sunday Gospel Brunch, the evening brings a lively mix of entertainment. From rock, to reggae, from rap to the rhythms of Latin music, you’ll find it here. Both talented local performers as well as big name acts appear at this establishment. You can call 714-778-2583 for the schedule during your visit. Admission ranges from $5.00 and up and can be purchased through Ticket Master. Tickets are also available at the House of Blues box office.
With 12 large screens and comfortable stadium style seating, you can enjoy the top movies being shown at this megaplex. There's even an IMAX screen for that immersive movie experience. Current releases are shown throughout the day into the evening.
Sports fans flock to this location where sports events can be viewed on a giant 16-foot screen surrounded by a dozen 36-inch monitors in the lounge area. No matter what the game, you’re bound to find it being broadcast here. Every seat in the restaurant is in range of a TV screen. No need to wait for a commercial to take a bathroom break, there are screens in the restrooms. At the Sports Arena, sports themed video games are found. (Game cards available for purchase.)
Downtown Disney also hosts a wonderful array of outdoor performers. From the sublime sounds of classical musicians to Latino bands that will have you dancing in the streets, you will often find the air filled with music.
- Big Hero 6 meet coming to Disneyland Park - Beginning after the movie opens in November, meet Hiro and Baymax from Disney's newest animated feature, "Big Hero 6", inside the Starcade in Tomorrowland.
- Blog - Disneyland Good Neighbor Hotel – La Quinta Inn & Suites
- VIDEO: Halloween Treats At Disneyland Resort - Tom Bell, host of The DIS Unplugged: Disneyland Edition, talks with a Disney Chef about Halloween treats you can find this year at the Disneyland Resort.
- Top 5 tips to make your trip through the airport go smoother - You read those stories all the time about people complaining about their travel experiences. I would like to share some tips to help make your next trip to Walt Disney World a pleasant experience.
- VIDEO: Halloween and the Cadaver Dans at Disneyland Resort - Tom Bell, host of The DIS Unplugged: Disneyland Edition, talks about Disneyland Resort's celebration of Halloween. Plus the Cadaver Dans perform in front of the Haunted Mansion.
- Anna & Elsa's Boutique now open at the Disneyland Resort - Anna & Elsa's Boutique has replaced Studio Disney 365 in Downtown Disney at the Disneyland Resort.
- Blog - Book Review: Walt Disney: Drawn from Imagination
- Get 4th night free or save 30% at Aulani, plus get free breakfast - Stay 4 nights and get the 4th free, plus complimentary breakfast. Stay longer and get 30% off stays of 5 nights or longer, plus complimentary breakfast. Offer is valid for stays most nights 1/4/15 - 3/23/15.
- Mickey's Halloween Party is completely sold out! - Mickey's Halloween Party at Disneyland Park is now completely sold out for all remaining dates.
- Blog - Theme Parks Increase Intellectual Property Lineup
- Which Disneyland Resort character meal is right for you? - The Disneyland Resort offers several character meals, so how do you decide which one is best for you and your family?
- Thanksgiving options at the Disneyland Resort - The Disneyland Resort offers several options for Thanksgiving, including a feast in the Grand Ballroom of the Disneyland Hotel.
- Blog - Before and After - Alice in Wonderland at Disneyland
- Blog - How did you become a Disney fan?
- VIDEO: Alice in Wonderland Pre and Post-2014 Refurb Picture in Picture POV - The attraction was recently opened after a rehab. Watch both the old and the new attraction together with this Picture in Picture video.
- VIDEO: Alice in Wonderland POV at Disneyland - The ride has re-opened with brand new video effects, a lot of new paint, added characters throughout the attraction and the removal of safety rails from the exterior portion of the attraction.
- 2015 dates released for Disneyland's Grad Nite - Dates and pricing has been released for Grad Nite 2015 at the Disneyland Resort.
- Mickey's Halloween Party perks for Disneyland Passholders - Disneyland Annual Passholders who are attending Mickey's Halloween Party can stop by the Opera House for screenings of Halloween-themed Disney classics plus a tasty treat.
- Tips for using FastPass at Disneyland - With all the talk of Magic Bands and FastPass+ lately, I thought it might be good to remind folks that the Disneyland Resort is still using the "classic" paper FastPass system and maybe pass on a few tips.
- Blog - Disneyland Good Neighbor Hotel - Candy Cane Inn
- Save 20% on premium rooms at the Disneyland Resort - Most weeknights this Fall, save 20% on premium rooms at the three hotels of the Disneyland Resort.
- Blog - What to Expect at Disney's D23 Destination D Event this November
- Menu updated at Flo's V8 Cafe - Flo's V8 Café at California Adventure has updated its menu, adding a couple of hot sandwiches and replacing the pork loin with BBQ pork ribs.
- Disneyland delays Elsa & Anna's Boutique transformation - The transformation of Downtown Disney's Studio Disney 365 to Elsa & Anna's Boutique has been delayed. The new opening date is 10/06/14.
- Blog - Disney Opposes "Inflammatory" Amended Complaint in DAS Lawsuit
- Blog - The Good and Bad of "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" on Blu-ray
- 4D preview of Big Hero 6 at Disneyland Park - Beginning September 26th, the Magic Eye Theater in Disneyland Park will host a 4D preview of the upcoming animated feature "Big Hero 6".
- Blog - Disneyland Weekly Update - 09/15/14
- Blog - HalloweenTime at Disneyland 2014
- Blog - Tom & West's 5 Favorite Thrills at Magic Mountain
- Top 5 ways to celebrate HalloweenTime at Disneyland - Disneyland Park goes all out for the Halloween season, from the front of the Park to the back. Starting in mid-September and continuing through the holiday itself, the Park and the characters, are decked in their Fall finest.
- Mickey's Halloween Party sold out for Halloween Night - Mickey's Halloween party at Disneyland is now sold out for three dates: 09/26, 10/03 and 10/31.
- Disneyland confirms return of Winter Dreams and Viva Navidad - The Disneyland Resort has announced the dates for the holiday celebrations and confirmed the return of World of Color-Winter Dreams and Viva Navidad.
- Mahaloween Luau coming to Trader Sam's - Celebrate Halloween a bit early at Trader Sam's with its Mahaloween Luau on 09/29/14. Tickets are $125 and go on sale 09/10/14.
- Mystic Magic Show added to Big Thunder Ranch Halloween Carnival - New on the stage this year at Disneyland's Halloween Carnival is the Mystic Magic Show, featuring jugglers, magicians and fortune tellers.
- FastPass testing at Disneyland's Frozen meet & greet - Disneyland is now testing a FastPass-like system for the Frozen meet & greet in Fantasyland.
- VIDEO: Cruising Around Hawaii - Explore the Hawaiian islands of Maui, Hawai'i, and Kauai while sailing onboard Norwegians Cruise Line's Pride of America.
- VIDEO: Driving Around Oahu - Explore the island of Oahu by driving around to different unique locations. Ted's Bakery, Haleiwa, Matsumoto's Shave Ice, and many others make Oahu a great place to find local treasures.
- Meet Oswald the Lucky Rabbit at California Adventure - Beginning 09/14/14, guests can meet Oswald the Lucky Rabbit on Buena Vista Street at California Adventure.
- Blog - Disneyland Weekly Update - 09/01/14
- Blog - The Good and Bad of "Toy Story of TERROR!" on Blu-ray
- Health Department closes Knott's Berry Farm restaurant
Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant closed briefly due to cockroach infestation.
- Guests stuck on Mickey's Fun Wheel for 90 minutes
Cast members evacuated the passengers by rotating the wheel manually.
- New drawbridge for Sleeping Beauty Castle
Sleeping Beauty Castle has received a new drawbridge and railings.
- Magic Mountain's Colossus Catches Fire
The Colossus roller coaster at Magic Mountain caught fire today. No injuries were reported.
- Military resource support group launches for Disney cast members
The group launched at both Disneyland and Walt Disney World.