Downtown Disney Disneyland
Alamo Car Rental - Located in the Downtown Disney District, near the Walt Disney Travel Company (facing the Disneyland Hotel).
Build-A-Bear Workshop - You create your very own plush friend. Once you’ve chosen and assembled
all of the features that make your stuffed animal uniquely
yours, you’ll take your treasure home in its own
cardboard ‘cage’. This is by far the busiest shop at Downtown Disney. You will see people carrying these Build-A-Bear boxes everywhere!
D Street - D Street Disney features designer clothing, jewelry and merchandise including vintage inspired Disney Couture, Bloc artwork, Surf and Skate apparel and Star Wars T-shirts. Additional sections include ‘The Scene’ where local artists are showcased with art, jewelry and apparel, ‘Motor Mouse Since 1928 by Noah’ that showcases his art inspired by classic movies & cars, and ‘Vinylmation’ showcasing the latest in the Vinylmation series of characters.
Disney Vault 28 - Disney Vault 28 offers an ever-changing mix of clothes and accessories for men and women as well as a select range of gifts and home accessory items, not to mention Disney apparel which has been given an unexpected twist.
Disney Pin Traders - Disney pins, lanyards, cases, accessories
ESPN Studio Store - Located in the ESPN Sports center, this store is bound to have everything the sports enthusiast in your family is looking for.
Fossil - The Fossil Store in Downtown Disney offers a wide selection of eclectic watches and bands, Sunglasses, Leather Goods, Purses and Jewelry as well as the latest ‘Funky’ fashions.
House of Blues Company Store – Logo clothing and merchandise as well as sauces and spices.
LittleMissMatched - LittleMissMatched offers unique merchandise for the young and young at heart. The brand’s signature non-matching socks are sold in sets of three single socks to encourage self-expression through mixing and matching. LittleMissMatched offers everything from books to bedding, PJ’s to pencil pouches and flip flops to furniture – each item with its own unique reinvention.
Marceline’s Confectionery - Fresh fudge, candy coated apples, hand dipped chocolates and an assortment of novelty candies is available. Named after Walt Disney's childhood town.
Quiksilver Boardriders Club Store -
Quiksilver brands including Boys and Young Men's apparel,
Quiksilveredition, Roxy, Roxy Girl and Teenie
Rainforest Retail Shopping Village - A wide assortment of Rainforest merchandise including, jewelry, clothing, toys and gifts.
RIDEMAKERZ - RIDEMAKERZ lets your kids build their own radio-controlled vehicle! Choose from dozens of cars and hundreds of accessories to make that one of a kind dream vehicle.
- DIS Unplugged Review by Tom Bell: Blog
Something Silver – Jewelry and accessories in this precious metal.
Studio Disney 365 – The perfect place for that "little rock star" in your family! Choose from several different superstar makeover packages. All packages include a hair makeover, cosmetic makeover, make-up case, digital image and lanyard. Prices range from $19.95 to $81.00 for the complete look. Advanced reservations are recommnded and can be made by calling (714) 781-STYLE (7895).
NEW RESERVATION POLICY
Beginning October 3rd, guests will be required to provide a credit card when booking a transformation at Studio Disney 365 or Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. Guests must cancel within 24 hours or face a $10 per person charge.
- DIS Unplugged reviews by Nancy Johnon: Blog
DIS Unplugged Podcast
04/28/11 - Nancy Johnson talks about Studio 365
Discuss | Blog | RSS Feed | Add to iTunes | Podcast Main
Sunglass Icon - High end and brand name designer frames.
Travelex - Convert foreign currency, buy or exchange traveler’s checks, credit card advances and wire transfers.
Walt Disney Travel Company - Disney Travel Agents will assist you in making questions or changes to your current package.
WonderGround Gallery - A technology driven gallery featuring the latest in Disney inspired art. WonderGround Gallery also features an Artist in Residence program. Each month, a new artist will call the gallery their home as they work on upcoming projects, live paintings, art demonstrations and more.
ARTIST IN RESIDENCE
The Artist in Residence for October is Miss Mindy. She will be appearing from 6:30pm to 9:30pm on October 4, 5, 11, 12, 18, 19, 25 and 26.
The Artist in Residence for November is Joey Chou. He will be appearing from 6pm to 10pm on November 1, 2, 8, 22, 23, 29 and 30.
Downtown Disney at night is very busy. If you try to wing your dinner meals, don't be suprised if you have to wait a while. I've noticed lines out the door at Rainforest Cafe, Tortilla Jo's, and Naples Ristorante Pizzeria.
Downtown Disney in Disneyland really comes alive at night! There isn't a single spot throughout the district where you won't hear live music, or see crowds for that matter. Downtown Disney during the day and Downtown Disney at night are completely different.
BRENNAN’S JAZZ KITCHEN
Long a New Orleans tradition, Ralph Brennan’s California locale brings the sounds of the Big Easy to Downtown Disney. On select evenings, the sultry sound of jazz fills the air as a talented lineup of performers takes center stage in the lounge. Admission is required for certain events.
Call 714-776-5200 for ticket reservations.
HOUSE OF BLUES
In addition to the Sunday Gospel Brunch, the evening brings a lively mix of entertainment. From rock, to reggae, from rap to the rhythms of Latin music, you’ll find it here. Both talented local performers as well as big name acts appear at this establishment. You can call 714-778-2583 for the schedule during your visit. Admission ranges from $5.00 and up and can be purchased through Ticket Master. Tickets are also available at the House of Blues box office.
With 12 large screens and comfortable stadium style seating, you can enjoy the top movies being shown at this megaplex. There's even an IMAX screen for that immersive movie experience. Current releases are shown throughout the day into the evening.
Sports fans flock to this location where sports events can be viewed on a giant 16-foot screen surrounded by a dozen 36-inch monitors in the lounge area. No matter what the game, you’re bound to find it being broadcast here. Every seat in the restaurant is in range of a TV screen. No need to wait for a commercial to take a bathroom break, there are screens in the restrooms. At the Sports Arena, sports themed video games are found. (Game cards available for purchase.)
MAYAN ADVENTURE TOURS
Pilot your own Jungle Cruise-style boat through a Mayan temple and more. Located near Rainforest Cafe. Cost is $2.
Downtown Disney also hosts a wonderful array of outdoor performers. From the sublime sounds of classical musicians to Latino bands that will have you dancing in the streets, you will often find the air filled with music.
- Blog - Preview: “Saving Mr. Banks”
- Special menu items for New Year's Eve at Disneyland - Many of the restaurants of the Disneyland Resort will be offering special menu items for New Year's Eve, including a Seafood Pot Pie at Blue Bayou and Surf & Turf at Carnation Café.
- Jerry Bruckheimer book signing at Disneyland Park - Award-winning producer Jerry Bruckheimer will be appearing for a special signing of "Jerry Bruckheimer: When Lightning Strikes | Four Decades of Filmmaking" by Michael Singer on December 14th.
- Elf Days at California Adventure - Santa's elves are looking for recruits to join their ranks 12/09/13 through 12/15/13. Head to the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail where you can test your bravery with the Jingle Bell Bridge, tackle Present Tracking or learn the secret Elf Handshake.
- Blog - EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW with Jonathan Groff from FROZEN
- VIDEO: "In Summer" from Disney's "Frozen" in "World of Color - Winter Dreams" - "In Summer," sung by Josh Gad from Walt Disney Animation's 53rd animated feature "Frozen," has been been adapted for the brand new "World of Color - Winter Dreams" at Disney California Adventure.
- Blog - Brewing Now: Joffrey’s Disney Parks Collection of Coffees
- VIDEO: "A Christmas Fantasy" Parade at Disneyland - Join Mickey and the Disneyland Characters for a celebration of Christmas along Main Street USA. This parade is a yearly tradition, delighting guests of all ages as they enjoy the antics of Disney characters dancing alongside gingerbread men, snowflakes, and other Christmas characters.
- VIDEO: Santa Talks Holidays at Disneyland Resort 2013 - Join Tom Bell, host of the DIS Unplugged Disneyland Edition, as he speaks with Santa about all of the holiday happenings at Disneyland Resort.
- VIDEO: Making Tamales at Viva Navidad! at Disney California Adventure 2013 - Join Tom Bell, host of the DIS Unplugged Disneyland Edition, while he learns about Viva Navidad! and how to make tamales from Rubia, a pastry chef at Disneyland Resort.
- VIDEO: "Let It Go" from Disney's "Frozen" in "World of Color - Winter Dreams" - "Let It Go," sung by broadway star Idina Menzel from Walt Disney Animation's 53rd animated feature "Frozen," has been been adapted for the brand new "World of Color - Winter Dreams" at Disney California Adventure. "World of Color" is the nighttime colored fountain show at DCA and has been performed since 2010. "Winter Dreams" is the first full show variation.
- VIDEO: World of Color Fountain Controls at Disney California Adventure 2013 - Join Tom Bell, host of the DIS Unplugged Disneyland Edition, as he speaks with Rene from Disney Parks and Resorts about the technology behind World of Color - Winter Dreams, the nighttime fountain show at Disney California Adventure.
- Donate to Toys For Tots at the Disneyland Resort - Donate a new, unwrapped toy at several locations throughout Downtown Disney and the Disneyland Resort Hotels from 12/1 through 12/14.
- VIDEO: Haunted Mansion Holiday 2013 at Disneyland - Jack Skellington takes over the Haunted Mansion to bring Christmas to Halloweentown in Haunted Mansion Holiday, the seasonal overlay that is celebrating its 13th year at Disneyland Resort.
- VIDEO: World of Color - Winter Dreams - For the Christmas season, Disney California Adventure Park presents 'World of Color - Winter Dreams' a brand new holiday version of World of Color starring Olaf (voiced by Josh Gad), the lovable snowman from Disney's "Frozen," a Toy Story Nutcracker sequence and a special intro featuring the Honor Choir.
- Aulani named Best for Families by Fodor's Travel - Aulani was recently named "Best for Families" by Fodor's Travel in their "Top 10 Hawaiian Resorts for 2013" list.
- VIDEO: Disneyland's 'Jingle Cruise' Queue and Full POV Ride-Through - The Jungle Cruise Skippers have grown homesick for the holidays, so they've added holiday cheer to the queue and boathouse with decorations that have been mailed to them from home (plus a few they've created themselves). Other changes include new jokes, boat names and music loop in the queue.
- TubaChristmas returns to the Disneyland Resort - Hundreds of tuba players will gather in Downtown Disney to perform holiday music on December 21st at 1:00pm.
- Blog - Review: “Frozen”
- Blog - Trader Sam’s Mixes Up Holiday Drinks
- VIDEO: Olaf's Ice Rink in Downtown Disney at Disneyland Resort - This year at Downtown Disney, the ice rink created for the holiday season is based off of the 53rd Disney Animated Film "Frozen". Olaf's Ice Rink allows guests to lace up skates and hit the ice, but if you're not adventurous then you can do some shopping at the holiday themed stands.
- VIDEO: Christmas in Cars Land at Disney California Adventure - Seasons Speedings! Cars Land, the popular area at Disney California Adventure based off of the Disney-Pixar film "Cars", has received a holiday overlay making the streets of Radiator Springs merrier than ever.
- Limited Time Magic: Jingle Cruise poster giveaway - Celebrate the Jingle Cruise at Magic Kingdom and Disneyland Park with a complimentary mini poster while supplies last.
- Blog - Disney’s Newest Animated Feature “Frozen” Flurries Into Theme Parks On Both Coasts
- Knott's Berry Farm announces major plans for 2014 - Knott's Berry farm is planning a major refurbishment for the Calico Mine Ride beginning in January, plus new rides and an entire restoration to celebrate Camp Snoopy's 30th Anniversary.
- Blog - EXCLUSIVE: Nikon becomes the Official Camera of Walt Disney World and Disneyland
- Disneyland announces more lengthy closures for early 2014 - In addition to the 4-month closure for Alice in Wonderland, the Disneyland Resort has also announced a 8-month closure for Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage and a nearly 4-month closure for Soarin' Over California.
- VIDEO: Toy Story Nutcracker from "World of Color - Winter Dreams" - Toy Story Nutcracker is a special sequence created by Pixar specifically for "World of Color - Winter Dreams", the nighttime fountain show at Disney California Adventure. Your favorite Toy Story characters dance to Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker Suite songs including March of the Wooden Soldier, Trepak, Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy, Chinese Dance and Dance of the Flowers.
- Viva Navidad menu takes over Paradise Garden Grill - A special Viva Navidad menu is being served at California Adventure's Paradise Garden Grill, featuring Street Style Tacos, Chicken Mole and Torta al Pastor.
- VIDEO: Josh Gad - Voice of Olaf in "Frozen" - Interview - Josh Gad, the voice of Olaf in "Frozen" and "World of Color - Winter Dreams" and Tony Award nominee for "The Book of Mormon", takes a few minutes to talk about how important it was to work on a Disney film that led to a theme park experience and the music behind it all.
- VIDEO: Believe...In Holiday Magic Fireworks Spectacular - For the Christmas season, Disneyland Park presents 'Believe...In Holiday Magic Fireworks Spectacular,' a holiday fireworks show over Sleeping Beauty Castle which ends with magical snowfall over Main Street U.S.A.
- Firefighters called for smoke at Disneyland
Smoke was seen coming from a Disneyland storage facility.
- Billy Hill and the Hillbillies leaving Disneyland Park in January
20-year veterans of the park, the group will hold its final performance January 6, 2014.
- Couple gets married on Disneyland's Pirates of the Caribbean ride
A Disney-loving couple held a secret wedding on Pirates of the Caribbean.
- Disney's Jungle Cruise getting a holiday makeover
The Jungle Cruise at both the Magic Kingdom and Disneyland Park will be transforming into the "Jingle Cruise" this holiday season.
- The View to broadcast live from Disneyland in November
The show will tape November 18-22.